PDA

View Full Version : Third Eye Blind

derek
06-06-2003, 07:56 AM
i was just curious if there are any third eye blind fans here? besides billy corgan and bruce springsteen, i think stephen jenkins, 3eb's singer, is one of the better songwriters around. i've always thought 3eb was best described as "bob dylan meets U2".

i'm not really up to date with what's popular, so i was wondering if those who are(or think they are):happy: could give me their or the general public's view of this band.(not that it would change my mind). i kinda get the idea that 3eb may attract more of a female audience, as jenkins is attractive (in a boy band kind of way), and may not get the artistic credit he deserves from the fellas?

anyway, they have a new album out that is really good. i've been listening to it constantly for about a week and a half now. if you liked their earlier stuff, go give it a listen.

2-1B
06-06-2003, 08:58 AM
I don't care for them and I see them as part of the "hip and cool" crowd. :)
I don't mean that as an insult ---- I like plenty of music considered "hip and cool", I just don't care for this band. Still, I don't dislike them as I do so many other bands today. :D

Is Jenkins underrated? Maybe . . . derek you know I don't see eye to eye with you regarding Corgan but we share a love for Springsteen so of course I respect your opinion on good songwriters! :happy:

bobafrett
06-06-2003, 11:16 AM
I like Third Eye Blind. I listen to them while working out. I will have to go pick up the new album. I'm tired. I need to sleep.

Dr Zoltar
06-06-2003, 11:34 AM
I like the group that split off from Third Eye Blind -- Snake River Conspiracy.

scruffziller
06-06-2003, 11:43 AM
Nah they're kinda lame.

plo koon 200
06-06-2003, 11:44 AM
Never heard of them.

plo koon 200
06-06-2003, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by plo koon 200
Never heard of them.
Then again, I often only listen to classical.

bobafrett
06-06-2003, 11:46 AM
And he quotes himself quite nicely too!

The Overlord Returns
06-06-2003, 12:27 PM
I've only heard their "do - doo - do - do" song, and it's one of the worst "rock" songs I have ever heard in my life.

They are most certainly not a part of any "hip" or "cool" crowd I know of. Unless by hip and cool you mean bands like "Creed's theory of a Nickelback by Default of a Dead Man". They could most certainly be lumped in with all that garbage.

scruffziller
06-06-2003, 01:19 PM
I thought they pretty much fell off the face of the earth as soon as they arrived.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-06-2003, 02:15 PM
Gonna hafta disagree with you here. Frankly, lyrically, i don't think Jenkin's is even liable to lick the dirt off of Corgans shoe. I think his lyrics are very medicore at best and their music is borderline horrible. I swear, if i hear "Semi-Charmed life" again, i'm going to go on a shooting spree. They're that bad. :D

derek
06-06-2003, 02:29 PM
george says third eye blind is the best thing since jar jar binks and midichlorians............:happy:

LTBasker
06-06-2003, 02:29 PM
They're ok, although I've only heard Jumper. That's more of a sentimental appreciation though cause it was one of the main songs that I would hear when I started getting into music. When I was younger I used to hate it but now I'm filling my harddrive up with Mp3s. :D

plo koon 200
06-06-2003, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by derek
george says third eye blind is the best thing since jar jar binks and midichlorians............:happy:

Big shock there!

LTBasker
06-06-2003, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by derek

*Waits for Hasbro to rerelease Dancing Jar-Jar with third eye blind music* :eek:

Wait that would actually be kinda fun.. :cool: