PDA

View Full Version : Did Leia have a thing for Han the moment she saw him?

scruffziller
06-06-2003, 08:49 AM
Because as soon as he came back from helping Luke, she says in a very giddy way, "I knew there was more to you than money!!!"

Exhaust Port
06-06-2003, 08:50 AM
She wanted him. :D

Dar Basra
06-06-2003, 09:21 AM
She was already admiring his ... bravery ... before they got off the Death Star.

aceguide
06-06-2003, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by Exhaust Port
She wanted him. :D

Yup, and bad. But a nice princess can't let on that she likes a common smuggler.

stillakid
06-06-2003, 11:05 AM
As in any relationship, I'm sure there was a surface attraction, even in the heat of the battle. I mean, they're all attractive people (not like the ugly slugs they usually have to spend time with). But as with any relationship, going through traumatic times and various adventures together, the attraction grew deeper over time.

Well, that and the cool 'rod he rescued her in. :cool:

2-1B
06-06-2003, 11:37 AM
stillakid, I don't know how impressed she was with his rod . . . ;)

she took several cheap shots at it, calling it a "bucket of bolts" and asking if she should get out and push?

I don't like Han's hair in ANH, WAYYYYY too "seventies" -- just like Luke. They could have used less of the hair dryers IMO . . .

bobafrett
06-06-2003, 11:58 AM
Um, I think most all of the hair in ANH looked 70's, because it was filmed in the 70's. I'm sure the budget didn't call to have a hair designer on the set.

Dar Basra
06-06-2003, 12:07 PM
But obviously, they could afford danishes.

scruffziller
06-06-2003, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Dar Basra
But obviously, they could afford danishes.

The actors or the pastry?

Dar Basra
06-06-2003, 01:45 PM
I was referring to the danishes sported by Ms. Fisher.

http://movieweb.com/movie/starwars/co1.jpg

JEDIpartner
06-06-2003, 04:05 PM
I think she was "amsued" by him... that in itself speaks volumes. I think that if a guy can conjure a grin from a gal... he's got it in the bag! :D

Kidhuman
06-06-2003, 04:07 PM
She didn't care were it came from, she was playing both of them.

stillakid
06-06-2003, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Caesar
stillakid, I don't know how impressed she was with his rod . . . ;)

she took several cheap shots at it, calling it a "bucket of bolts" and asking if she should get out and push?

;) Well, at first I think she was kinda lubed up with his bad-boy image and fuel-injected ride...

...but then, yeah, by the time ESB rolls around, the whole "it's not working" thing starts to get on her nerves and you can tell she's ready for him to just sell the damn thing and go lease a new Oldsmo-starfighter. Just like a married couple. :rolleyes:

2-1B
06-06-2003, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by bobafrett
Um, I think most all of the hair in ANH looked 70's, because it was filmed in the 70's. I'm sure the budget didn't call to have a hair designer on the set.

Well they damn well SHOULD have had a hair designer in the budget ! :mad:

:crazed:

I only get that feeling from ANH, not ESB or ROTJ.
Those next two movies were filmed in 1979 and 1982 but they don't look as "dated" to me.

Big deal, it could have been worse - had Lucas filmed ANH under the same circumstances in 1985 then we might have seen Han and Luke with mullets . . . so the 70s hairdos aren't the worst . . .

bobafrett
06-07-2003, 12:21 AM
You gotta love those long chops on some of the imperial officers! When you say mullet, I see Luke sporting one like David Spade wore in "Joe Dirt", Eeeekkk.

Darth Jax
06-07-2003, 09:49 AM
obviously leia was just the best thing going in the galaxy at that time. she's got the whole princess thing and all that. but just look how nearly every male character is smitten with her. first we have vader, caressing her shoulder and pulling her closer to him on the death star. luke who falls in love with just a picture (particularly weak of mind). later, lando does everything he can to woo her. jabba can't help slobbering on himself in her presence. she's the only human character the ewoks don't try to have for dinner. can you fault han for falling for her also.

sensing that everyone around her wants her, think leia chooses to play them off each other. did she have a thing for han initially i'd say no, that came with time. her initial impressions of han were that he didn't think things through (getting caught in a dead-end detention cell bay without a backdoor way out/running off chasing armed stormtroopers) and that his ride was worse than the rust buckets that the rebellion had managed to patch together as a fleet.