PDA

View Full Version : Mystery Ship Solved?

Battle Droid
06-07-2003, 03:56 AM
What's the Mystery Ship they speak of on Jump to Hyperspace? Is it an Episode III ship?

Pendo
06-07-2003, 04:33 AM
It's a ship seen in the background of ROTJ. Here's the caption and the pic:

For years, fans have puzzled over the make and model of a mysterious Alliance ship glimpsed in the background of the Return of the Jedi space battle. Here's a close-up look at this kit-bashed background model, known simply as the "ROJ BG Ship."

The Photoreceptor has some pretty cool pics, mainly of clips that weren't seen in the movies, such as Obi-Wan removing a flag from the speeder in the Episode II Coruscant chase, and Han Solo walking past loads of dead Stormtrooper bodies to get in the bunker :).

PENDO!

Battle Droid
06-07-2003, 06:45 AM
Han Solo walking past loads of dead Stormtrooper bodies to get in the bunker .

Can you post a pic of that?

Pendo
06-07-2003, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by Battle Droid
Can you post a pic of that?

Here it is, I love this pic :)! Wish it could have been in the film, it makes the whole battle and war more real.

PENDO!

Battle Droid
06-07-2003, 06:55 AM
Cool, thanks. :)

plo koon 200
06-08-2003, 11:41 PM
Will that new I mean old ship ever be named?

mini-rock
06-09-2003, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by Pendo
Here it is, I love this pic :)! Wish it could have been in the film, it makes the whole battle and war more real.

PENDO!

Agreed. That is a cool pic.:)

gtrain29
06-14-2003, 08:57 PM
Is there any chance that clips like that will be included when the OT is finally released on DVD? 'cause that rocks! It really adds depth to the battle.

Pendo
06-15-2003, 04:39 AM
Originally posted by gtrain29
Is there any chance that clips like that will be included when the OT is finally released on DVD? 'cause that rocks! It really adds depth to the battle.

We can hope so, but I doubt George will put back in little scene trims like that... but you never know, he might pull his finger out and do it :).

PENDO!

sicqnus
06-15-2003, 08:20 PM
This ship is one of the Rebel ships seen in the backgroung of the battle of Endor in ROTJ.

Kidhuman
06-15-2003, 09:06 PM
That ship looks like a speeder bike or something. And that pick of Han and the troopers is great

darthvyn
06-16-2003, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Battle Droid
What's the Mystery Ship they speak of on Jump to Hyperspace? Is it an Episode III ship?

i'm really glad you get what you pay for with this "hyperspace" subscription nonsense... like finally getting an answer to the "mystery ship" that fans like me have NEVER puzzled over because they never even noticed it...

the han pic is pretty cool. hope there's more there that's worth the money...

meh...

bobafrett
06-17-2003, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by Pendo
The Photoreceptor has some pretty cool pics, mainly of clips that weren't seen in the movies, such as Obi-Wan removing a flag from the speeder in the Episode II Coruscant chase, and Han Solo walking past loads of dead Stormtrooper bodies to get in the bunker :).

PENDO!

Oh, sure, dead Stormtroopers look just great, you Jedi and rebels are all the same. End Transmission: TK523

Exhaust Port
06-17-2003, 08:32 AM
At what point in the ROTJ battle should one look to see this mystery ship? To be honest, I've never seen it or even heard of it.

Masterdorkboy
06-25-2003, 12:02 PM
Those are the coolest pics. I'm one of the many who hopes that alot of those little things are included, in some way, shape or form in the DVD release. Man that would be awesome.

Jargo
08-15-2003, 05:39 PM
Check the fleet going into and coming out of hyperspace. The shots of small fighters flying around the rebel fleet yields glimpses of the background ships. There's a number of smaller capital ships in the fleet.