PDA

View Full Version : Luke and Vader Throne Room Duel Carded Images

I am Jabba the Hutt
06-07-2003, 05:39 PM
CLICK HERE (http://www.figures.com/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=ssnews2.setup&category=starwars&topic=31&show_article=749) to see them.

plo koon 200
06-07-2003, 05:52 PM
Sure are cool. Also, check out the carded Kubrick Fett. Now, that is sweet.

I am Jabba the Hutt
06-07-2003, 05:54 PM
wow, I'm shocked at the lack of interest in these figures! :eek:
I posted this earlier but it got deleted, should I be posting about these? that's a question to the moderators.

What do you think of them? Do the carded images make you want them even more? Has anyone decided to get Luke and Vader after seeing the carded images?

I am Jabba the Hutt
06-07-2003, 06:16 PM
Snowtrooper carded front

I am Jabba the Hutt
06-07-2003, 06:19 PM
C3PO carded front

I am Jabba the Hutt
06-07-2003, 06:20 PM
C3PO carded back

plasticfetish
06-07-2003, 06:23 PM
took me 3 seconds to load the page on their (GH) site. I'm on a cable connection ... no problem.

(Except, I will say that when you take photos of something like a carded figure ... it's a good idea to not use a flash. Get a couple of those metal hardware store clamp lights and some 60+ watt flood (not spot) bulbs. Angle the lights so that there is no glare and shoot away.)

Even with the flash burn, I'd have to say that these look much nicer (at least carded) than I figured (tee hee) they would. Though I like the way that the photo next to the Luke figure shows how innacurate the figure is. (Wrong knee bent, flap on shirt should be closed and he didn't seem to have a big button coming out of his back in "real" life.)

Varder looks super. I'll buy that for a dollar.

Mostly I think I'm interested in the new Snowtroopers. I wish it wasn't in a fixed bent knee pose ... but it's still pretty spiffy.

That C-3PO looks great carded too ... Mmmm ... very exciting.

I am Jabba the Hutt
06-07-2003, 06:24 PM
that's all of em, I think they look great! I can't wait to pick up the Luke and Vader and that C3PO looks nice too.

Turbowars
06-07-2003, 06:27 PM
Great pic at GH!! That Snowtroopers Bubble is totaly filled, no dead space there! I really like these figures and cards. I don't mind the rehashes either, though Jango should not have been done, It's a pegwarmers HASBRO!! Whats up with the gimmicks? I thought we were through with those? Maybe after 03? Over all with these dark pic ai will buy them all. So Yes I am Jabba the Hutt, it makes me want them .................................................. .................................. Hey Killer, I have the slowest dial up in the world and I can view GH fine. It down loaded as soon as I went to the site. I wonder whats up?

I am Jabba the Hutt
06-07-2003, 06:43 PM
thanks SirSteve those images are great! The force is strong with this one... :crazed:

SirSteve
06-07-2003, 06:46 PM
No problem. I tend to remove images/links if we have the same thing (especially when they are better images). Doesn't make any sense to go off the site to another for the same thing.

Beast
06-07-2003, 06:46 PM
Turbie, Hasbro said that the Luke, Vader, and Snowie would be the last figures to have action features. So yes, they are over with after those three, atleast for the foreseeable future. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DravenUnleashed
06-07-2003, 06:51 PM
I already see a problem with Luke :(

Much like the new He-Man sculpt they have him in more of a "dynamic" pose where his body looks misformed unless hes in one specific stance... Hunchback! Hunchback!

Hopefully th other Jedi Knight Luke from Jabbas palace will be more "play" friendly...

I am Jabba the Hutt
06-07-2003, 06:54 PM
Knowing Hasbro, Wave 1 of Episode III figures will have action features... place your bets! :stupid:

plasticfetish
06-07-2003, 07:17 PM
Oh yeah. Better photos there now.

Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Turbie, Hasbro said that the Luke, Vader, and Snowie ...
What? Does the Snowtrooper have an "action feature" also? Say it's not so, say it's not so.

... and those 12" Ewoks look great!!! (Is the 12" Luke cross eyed in that photo?)

Originally posted by DravenUnleashed
where his body looks misformed unless he's in one specific stance... Hunchback! Hunchback!
I think the word is malformed and I also think you're right. (That's a very frustrating figure ... could have been so much better.)

Old Fossil
06-07-2003, 07:44 PM
Love 'em, love 'em, love 'em. I'm getting at least 1 Vader (what an AWESOME carded figure!) and a couple of those snowy-white Snowtroopers.

Pass on everything else, though they look nice on the cards.

Beast
06-07-2003, 07:46 PM
PF. The Snowy's action feature is like the CloneTrooper's. It's in his cannon, not in the figure. :)

MTFWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Adam
06-07-2003, 08:36 PM
Luke looks awesome carded, I like it when the figure matches the portrait.

Turbowars
06-07-2003, 11:19 PM
Turbie, Hasbro said that the Luke, Vader, and Snowie would be the last figures to have action features. So yes, they are over with after those three, atleast for the foreseeable future. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks Why thanks JJBinkies, I thought that may have been the case. I like what I see so far. Since I'm up to date on 3.75" I want more.

Sidiously Darth
06-08-2003, 12:07 AM
I know I'll be passing on the Jango, 3PO & possibly the Vader, even though I nearly have every other Vader.:rolleyes:

The Snowtrooper will look good with the rest of my POTF2 Snowies.:D

I'm riding the fence on the Luke. I may wait for the other version. I just not sure about these action features.:confused:

jblodgett
06-08-2003, 11:29 AM
Boy, that Throne Room Luke sure has some big biceps. :rolleyes:

jblodgett
06-08-2003, 11:30 AM
And has anyone else noticed-- in the bubble view pic posted-- it looks like his LEFT hand is wearing the glove, and his RIGHT is not??

plasticfetish
06-08-2003, 08:15 PM
Now that you mention it, it does look like that.

Beast
06-08-2003, 08:28 PM
That is a first-shot carded figure. The final version of the production figures should have the correct hand color. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

I am Jabba the Hutt
06-08-2003, 10:08 PM
That is a first-shot carded figure. The final version of the production figures should have the correct hand color. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

People said that about Anakin Tatooine Attack, they thought that the magnet wouldn't be showing on the final version but it was.

Beast
06-08-2003, 10:22 PM
This is differnt then that. This is just a simple mistake. At the point of Ani: Tatooine Attack... Hasbro had decided to stop painting over the magnets because it was interfering with the magnets. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

sith_killer_99
06-08-2003, 10:38 PM
took me 3 seconds to load the page on their (GH) site. I'm on a cable connection ... no problem.

Yep, just as I feared, as soon as I turned off my firewall, BAMB, their page pops up in about 3-4 seconds. BTW, I'm running Norton System Works Professional Edition 2003.

I hate surfing without a firewall, it feels like I'm running around the web naked. I just feel so vulnerable.

Anyway, I put my firewall back up and scanned my system, ran a few clean-up programs and spyware detectors, etc. Yes, I am a bit paranoid.:crazed: I don't want anyone stealing my por...I mean programs. Yeah, that's it.;)

But, anyways, I'm sure the other site is great for surfing without a net.:D

Mandalorian Candidat
06-09-2003, 01:42 PM
These figures look great! Another reason for me to like the Saga line (outside of the crummy distribution of late). The pack-in bases and Snowie gunturret are a nice touch. Can't wait for Hasbro to announce their release then not ship them for several months. :crazed:

TheDarthVader
06-09-2003, 03:57 PM
I think these figures are great! I will be buying one luke and probably two Vaders. I am glad they decided to give him a removable helmet. I will also get about 6 snowtroopers for my AT-AT. I can't wait! Finally, something to put on those pegs inside the AT-AT. These figures are going to be GREAT! :)

Dark Lord Kakorotto
06-09-2003, 05:13 PM
i love them both but i cannot wait until the Jabba's palace luke comes out it will be the cream of my collection

Skywalker3319
06-12-2003, 11:38 AM
I love that Luke. I have one on pre-order,and then its a free for all with finding him(along w/ vader and the snowtrooper) in the stores. Its gonna be a sweet summer w/ these figures. Plus, I just had my bday party (the sweet 16) and I got some cash to spend, lol. Thanks all