PDA

View Full Version : the best photo of padme yet!

ki-adi mundi's bro
11-19-2001, 03:36 PM
this is one of the best i've seen. she looks very appeling! hayden is a lucky guy! he gets to marry her!

Jargo
11-19-2001, 03:39 PM
Yeah that's all well and good but how about this one of the clonetrooper helmet. Much better looking IMO :):p

bigbarada
11-19-2001, 09:41 PM
Whoah!! That's pretty cool looking there!! Padme looks okay too.

Bothan187
11-19-2001, 09:58 PM
Both of those pictures are awesome! Where do you find these great images? Clone trooper's mouth area looks a little weak though. Padme, ummmmmmmmm, Padme.:D

Co Jo-Da
11-20-2001, 02:02 AM
WOW...Both those pictures are awesome...The CloneTroopers helmit is pretty scary looking and I think Pademe' looks very, very good in the other picture...

Obi-Don
11-20-2001, 09:11 AM
The clone trooper looks very cool and Padme,Hey what can you say.Makes my lightsaber light up.:D ;)

Rollo Tomassi
11-20-2001, 10:05 AM
mmmmmmm.....lithe, supple tummy...mmmmmmmm

Man, I'd be hella embarrassed if Natalie Portman came in here and read these things. She'd be all "EWWWW grody fan boys! Yuck!" It looks like we never get out of the house...

JediTricks
11-20-2001, 10:33 AM
GAH! Again with the Battle Droid rifle?!?

I feel dirty just reading this thread.

Jargo
11-20-2001, 01:41 PM
I got my clonetrooper pic by following a link on aintitcoolnews. Apprently the site that had these pics is no longer accesible. however there was a full body clonetrooper pic, a pic of Dooku and a couple of pics of mace, obi-wan and anakin wielding sabers.
I downloaded them all into temporary internet where i retrieved them as the site itself had a right click block on it with a redirect to mp3.com which sucks i suppose. Anyway I looked long and hard at these pics last night. LOOOOOONg and hard. I reckon they're elaborate fakes. Shoot me down if you like but that doesn't look like the genuine natalie to me. the pics of mace and Obi looked a bit iffy too. Obi was a bit too pretty for it to be Ewan and mace was a little too round faced and looked a lot older than Sam jackson. Okay it could be the poor quality of the images that have obviously been shrunk and compressed at some point. But the sabers in the pics didn't seem like they were done by LFL. In the two different pics Obi's saber was different. the blades were finished in different ways one was square ended and the other had more of a point. If these were genuine continuity shots like the episode one shots they did of Ewan in his jedi outfit which had the saber blade added after, then they would have been the same, looked exactly alike.
I could be wrong. I could be. But even the full body shot of the clonetrooper had a photoshoped quality about it, sort of fuzzy round the edges and not quite equal on both sides. Look again at the helmet and notice the eye slit has unequal sides. Although the metallic wear and tear on the chin is nicely done I still think these are fakes. But cleverlt done and nice fakes. Expensively done fakes if they are.
If these are the real deal then i say the clonetrooper looks daft. That helmet is far too tall and the cut sides on it are surely too deep to get a persons head inside if you compare the helmet front view to the full body shot I'm posting now. What do you guys think?

chewie
11-20-2001, 07:36 PM
(longtime lurker of the boards, but registered to reply to the clonetrooper pics)

Jargo. I "think" I know my way around photoshop, but I'm not saying I'm an expert by any means. I base my career off of it anyway, so if you want, here's an opinion from a guy who may be more help.

Its totally possible that those could be fakes, as there is no background to compare the "realness" of the trooper suit to anything else.

But in my opnion, they seem legit. There is no easily distinguishable photoshopping going on with these pictures. If they are fakes, they are photos of a real (but still fake) costume or statue, but I don't see any easily identified photoshop editing marks.

Also, the JPEG compression is really high on these pictures. Which also blurs/degrades the image with JPEG artifacting, so these aren't very good pictures to judge with anyway.

If they're fakes, they're good fakes, like you said. Whomever did them, if they're a real-life photo, or a photoshopped pic, they're done well.

If the clonetrooper is real, I don't think it looks very cool or whatnot because the helmet is TOO much of a mesh between Mandalorian armor and a stormtrooper helmet. The large indentations on the cheeks also look very strange if they are actually part of the real outfit. I'm not quite certain how easily or comfortable somebody's head would be squished in that thing. Maybe it smashes their cheeks together, giving them a fish-face look underneath the helmet? :) And do we know what a Mandalorian looks like if they're clones of Jango Fett? The indentations may be a characteristic of the heads of a Mandalorian (if they aren't those human looking telemarketer/clones seen in the trailers). If thsoe aren't the clones without their armor on, then the clones could look humanoid, but not human.

Anyway. Good fakes if they are. And definitely odd and not so hot looking clonetroopers if they're the real deal. Of course, since the battle droids never looked very good, this comes as no surprise.

bigbarada
11-20-2001, 08:14 PM
The clonetrooper could just be a prototype maquette. There is no point of reference in the photo to give us any idea of scale and that thing looks and stands a little too much like a Marmit 12" Stormtrooper.

Dferguson
11-21-2001, 03:22 AM
wow that Natalie portman pic is Great if it is her
but looking at it a long time it doesnt really look like her sorta does sorta doesnt
gotta love that tummy mmmm:D

Co Jo-Da
11-26-2001, 01:58 AM
I've been a big fan of Natalie for a long time... Not to mention that I've had a crush on her since I first saw Leon... She has really grown into a very talented and beautiful woman.

JediCole
11-26-2001, 09:12 PM
Well, after seeing the Padme picture, all I can say is that George is really playing to the fanboys with this one! Like Princess Leia in Return of the Jedi, Padme will help pull a whole new generation of boys through puberty!

Ewwwwwwwww! Icky fan boys!

GNT
11-27-2001, 04:58 AM
Originally posted by JediCole
Well, after seeing the Padme picture, all I can say is that George is really playing to the fanboys with this one! Like Princess Leia in Return of the Jedi, Padme will help pull a whole new generation of boys through puberty!

Ewwwwwwwww! Icky fan boys!

Just imagine the figures,dolls related to her that will be made :)

Rollo Tomassi
11-27-2001, 08:52 AM
By the way...that's Natalie's stand in or stunt double or somebody. I can't remember exactly who but they had that same picture in a magazine and the caption said "Sorry fanboys, but that ain't Natalie, it's her stand-in..."

Still....mmmmmmm...lithe, supple tummy...mmmmmmmm:D