PDA

View Full Version : Who are those Ewoks?

Tycho
06-07-2003, 09:47 PM
Why didn't Hasbro bother to put the Ewoks' names on their box?

Isn't this an insult to Ewok fans everywhere?!!

OK, one of them seems too obviously close to resembling Logray, but I don't recall him being a Twinkie, so why is he colored like one?

Just like Hasbro to give us the light cream filling....

The second one looks awesome, but who the heck is he?

That's not Paploo or Teebo?!! Could it be?

Teebo has a more pig's like head trophy.

Paploo never wore an animal head trophy, so far as I can remember. But without the animal head, this Ewok sort of resembles him.

But I'm hoping it is the Death's Head Ewok you see the first time you see a shot of Leia in the Ewok village.

I'm watching RETURN OF THE JEDI this weekend, so I'll come back and verify that information if I can.

But why couldn't Hasbro just tell us,

who are those Ewoks?

Doc Brown
06-08-2003, 01:50 AM
looks like paploo and chief Chirpa....oh god, it's scary that I know that.....:p

Doc Brown
06-08-2003, 01:52 AM
oh wait ment logray not chief chirpa. my bad

Ook
06-08-2003, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Tycho
OK, one of them seems too obviously close to resembling Logray, but I don't recall him being a Twinkie, so why is he colored like one?
Hahaha!

RS lists the other guy as "Keoulkeech". Never heard of him? Yeah, me either. Geez, why no Chirpa???

Tycho
06-08-2003, 01:05 PM
Chirpa's not the most important Ewok in the scheme of things:

Wicket was technically the Ewok star....he befriends Leia like JarJar befriends Qui-Gon, helping to lead the primatives into battle against the bad guys.

Teebo led the hunting party that captured Han's command group. He's an apprentice Ewok shaman, so maybe the Force was guiding him?

Logray is the Ewok shaman, and seemed to make the decision that the Ewoks would join in the battle.

Paploo was played by Kenny R2D2 Baker and was the scout that led the Rebels to the back door, then created the diversion with the speederbike chase.

Warrok was the Ewok warrior that helped Chewbacca capture an Imperial AT-ST, so he was marginally more important than:

Chief Chirpa who just stood there.

Lumat - who I think was just a member of Teebo's hunting party.

Romba - who I also think was just a member of Teebo's hunting party.

The Death's Head Ewok had the most fearsome headskull, and you only see him when they are going to cook Han for dinner, and Leia is blocked by Ewok spears as she pleads to free them (before C-3PO takes over with Luke's assistance). I think this Ewok was designed to make them a little more threatening while Han was still in jepoardy.

In any case, I hope we get ALL these Ewoks in the 3 3/4" size, but most of the Top 5 in the 12".

I also hope they re-color Master Logray a bit, and make his fur look dirtier and more realistic than its current "eat me - I'm a marhmellow Ewok-Bunny color" he sports now.

Doc Brown
06-08-2003, 01:39 PM
mmmmm ewok fritters are so tasty! :D

Jaff
06-17-2003, 01:39 PM
Logray and Teebo

Tycho
06-17-2003, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Jaff
Logray and Teebo

How do you know that's Teebo? Where does it say? It doesn't look like Teebo, does it?

El Chuxter
06-17-2003, 04:57 PM
It's Fred and Darryl. :p