PDA

View Full Version : MR Obi-Wan ANH vs. Icons Obi-Wan ANH

jrosen
06-08-2003, 09:54 AM
I was just wondering if anyone had the old Icons Obi-Wan lightsaber. It should be identical to the newly produced pristine Master Replicas Obi-Wan lightsaber. Did anyone that owned the original Icons purchase a new pristine version from Master Replicas. If you did, would you please let us know the differences. I am very interested in knowing more, especially since the original Icons products have dropped in price due to the more readily available and more highly sought MR versions.

Scott D
12-21-2003, 07:34 PM
I was just wondering if anyone had the old Icons Obi-Wan lightsaber. It should be identical to the newly produced pristine Master Replicas Obi-Wan lightsaber. Did anyone that owned the original Icons purchase a new pristine version from Master Replicas. If you did, would you please let us know the differences. I am very interested in knowing more, especially since the original Icons products have dropped in price due to the more readily available and more highly sought MR versions.

They are not identical.

When Icons made their version, no one had discovered that the grip on the original prop was a WW1-era rifle grenade and the knobs on the clamp were actually transistors.

These discoveries were made long after Icons went out of business, so they never made measurements off these original "found items." I'm sure someone who owns an Icons version could point out other flaws.

Even though it's not entirely accurate, the MR version is much better than Icons.

Scott

Jayspawn
12-22-2003, 10:55 AM
Thanks for posting the question jrosen, I've been wondering the same thing myself latley. The Obi-Wan Lightsaber is next on my list. ;)