PDA

View Full Version : The holes in deluxe Luke's backside!

JEDIpartner
11-19-2001, 04:02 PM
Okay... so I finally got the Deluxe Luke/Bacta Tank thingamajobber. What the DEVIL is up with those nasty holes in his back??? There's one in the middle of his back and another one in the the top of his underpants! Thank goodness it wasn't any lower... you'd be able to use the breathing tube as a bacta enema!

So the thing in total is pretty good, but the holes and the overall poor sculpt of the figure itself really bug me. It's like they were concentrating more on the Bacta Tank rather than Luke...! (Oh, really??? No kidding?? So Luke is the token Pack-in???!!!)

I was just kinda grumpy about it... just thought I'd vent for a minute. :frus:

Beast
11-19-2001, 04:18 PM
The holes are for to drain water from the figure, or else you would end up with a figure full of water that had seeped in thru the joints. If you don't ever plan to fill the tank with water, take some sculpy and fill in the holes and give them a quick touch up paint. Not to difficult, frankly I think Hasbro should have done this better by making an arm removable so that you could drain it yourself, that way they wouldn't have needed to put 2 holes in the figure's back. But, I'd rather have the holes so that we can have some articulation in the figure, then no holes and had it been a solid figure.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks II

Rollo Tomassi
11-20-2001, 09:38 AM
It's also so he floats in the first place. Equal bouyancy and all that. Check it out. Stick any other figure in and they sink like a rock. Stick Bacta luke in and he bobs around in a dead mans float. pretty cool. Go ask yer mum...

Mandalorian Candidat
11-21-2001, 10:56 AM
Wow! Good thinking guys! All this time I thought it was because the Wampa ripped him a new one.:D

GNT
11-22-2001, 03:52 AM
Luke is a very holy figure in ESB ;)

Obi-Don
11-22-2001, 06:45 AM
I was wondering te same thing until I filled it with water,then emptied it.The face could have been better,but all in all a good set.

Sith Worm
11-22-2001, 10:14 AM
i thought it was pretty sweet the face and all I love the cuts and scrapes, can't wait for FX-7 to go in his place...