PDA

View Full Version : Fifth and Sixth 'Alien' Movie Plots Revealed!! (merged)

Beast
06-08-2003, 02:15 PM
Not sure how reliable the news is, but it sounds intresting. Still no more up to date info on Alien Vs. Predator. Hopefully we'll hear somthing soon. Especially with the planned theatrical re-release of ALIEN this halloween, and the Alien Quidology 9-disc DVD set. The info is from Zap2it.com. :)

Fifth and Sixth 'Alien' Movie Plots Revealed
Wed, Jun 04, 2003, 02:06 PM PT

HOLLYWOOD (Zap2it.com) Time to visit the razor and shave the head again, Sigourney, as the plotlines to "Alien 5 and 6" have now surfaced.

The ultra-successful "Alien" series will have the shaven Sigourney Weaver slotted to play Ripley as she fights off the seemingly indestructible beast. Weaver has previously said she'd be interested in reprising her role, which she has done four times since the original 1979 blockbuster.

She has said, "I'm not interested in returning back to Earth," yet sources say that much of the fifth film takes place when Earth is attacked.

Number five is set on Earth, with the planet under attack from alien warrior drop ships, which made their debut in the original "Alien" movie. In the process they make Earth look like an incubator while attacking, leaving alien eggs around the humans.

That's when Ripley realizes her dreams have played a role in what's happening and she evacuates and confines herself to a cell, but inevitably she will meet her nemesis face to face again.

Number six takes place on the home turf of the navigator of the ship. Aliens are taking over other plants and Ripley finds herself forced to turn to the dark side in order to save civilization.

http://www.zap2it.com/movies/news/story/0,1259,---17238,00.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
06-08-2003, 04:24 PM
They should have stopped after the second one.

mini-rock
06-08-2003, 04:36 PM
OK what the hell. I'll take some more Alien action. I wouldn't see it in the theater, but I sure would get the DVD's.

Kidhuman
06-08-2003, 04:46 PM
MOre ALiens. Why not beat a dead horse or something. I will see them but I will wait for DVD.

scruffziller
06-08-2003, 06:30 PM
What about Aliens Vs Predator???

Never mind here.......

http://movies.go.com/movies/A/alienvspredator_2003/index.html

Exhaust Port
06-08-2003, 09:28 PM
Number five is set on Earth, with the planet under attack from alien warrior drop ships, which made their debut in the original "Alien" movie.

There wasn't any drop ship in the first movie.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-08-2003, 09:34 PM
hehehehehehehe Ya never Exhaust Port, it could be in a "deleted scene" that is being reinstated for the re-release this Halloween. hehehehehehehehe

God, i hope i'm wrong. :D

Beast
06-08-2003, 09:35 PM
The Alien Derelict Ship, on LV426. The one with the Space Jockey dead in the chair and the hold full of eggs. The aliens are a bio-mechanical genetically engineered weapon for their species. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

evenflow
06-08-2003, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by Caesar
They should have stopped after the second one.

I totally agree. I would not mind Alien vs. Predator though.

2-1B
06-09-2003, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by evenflow
I totally agree. I would not mind Alien vs. Predator though.

That could be cool. :)

I'm a big Elm Street fan and the thought of another movie bothers me - but since they are doing a crossover with Jason, I'm excited for something different.

In fairness to the Alien saga though, I WOULD be kinda interested to see what happened if the aliens attacked Earth. :)

plo koon 200
06-09-2003, 12:51 AM
This is good. I do hope Alien Vs. Predator comes out. This one I have been anticipating almost as much as T3. I love sci-fi. So, instead of getting three sci-fi movies this year we will get at least four and maybe five. Wow! This is like the best year for movies. Sci-fi has never been this good ever since the early eighties.

Exhaust Port
06-09-2003, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
The Alien Derelict Ship, on LV426. The one with the Space Jockey dead in the chair and the hold full of eggs. The aliens are a bio-mechanical genetically engineered weapon for their species. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

As much as that is a possible explaination for the "Gunner" that was discovered in the Alien Derelict Ship it was never explained. It was left up to the viewer to guess what could have happened. I personally never saw it as that or liked that explaination. To each there own I guess.

Here's an article written by James Cameron as he explains/defends some aspects of his movie, Aliens. He briefly discusses the Gunner and some of the possible reasons that got him there.

http://www.planetavp.com/amr/films/a2/intcam.html

Beast
06-09-2003, 11:20 AM
That is the current canon explanation, presented in the comics and the novels. So that is why they are going with it. While James Cameron may have his ideas on why the gunner is there, it wasn't his creation and therefor his ideas while good, are not canon. If anyone should be asked, it would be Ridley Scott who says somthing similar to the whole Biomechanical Weapon idea on the Alien DVD Commentary. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Exhaust Port
06-09-2003, 01:33 PM
He's not canon either. I'm not going to go by the comics or novels either this early in the game as both of those were rewritten by Aliens 3 (gag).

How can we go from 2 great movies directed by 2 great directors to 3 and 4? What happened?

mini-rock
06-09-2003, 02:16 PM

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

I need to start listening to the commentaries more b/c I never knew that was how the Aliens came to be. I thought the "Space jockey" came upon the Aliens kinda the same way Ripley, Dallas, and the others did. WOW, that's great stuff. Thanks for the info JJB.

Jargo
06-09-2003, 03:52 PM
They should have stopped at Alien. It just gets tackier and more cliched as it goes along. Weaver should be ashamed of herself. I'll never take her seriously as an actress again after doing the sequels. Those other aliens movies just s*** over a classic that spawned them. Trashing good movies seems the current fad for hollywood boses. Small *****ed guys with some sort of chip on their shoulder and something to prove. I vote we nuke hollywood. Leave it tothe independent studios and movie makers to bring some sense back to the industry.

Mandalorian Candidat
06-09-2003, 04:00 PM
I've always been a proponent of having a movie where Ripley ends up on the Alien homeworld, has to fight her way out, and ends up wiping out the Aliens.

I was really disappointed with the premise of Alien3 after all those years of waiting for a sequel. I thought it would have been fantastic to have the Sulaco end up going off course and somehow finding its way to the Alien homeworld where the madcap antics would take their course. Instead we got what I thought was a really lame, patchwork excuse to have a)an alien egg magically appear on board, b)Ripley get impregnated w/o any physical evidence that the facehugger got inside her hypersleep chamber, and c)the whole ship being scuttled, stranding her on some remote prison planet.

I didn't think Alien3 was bad per se. I just didn't like the huge jump taken between the two movies.

After the extremely weak Alien Resurrection, I hope they just get to an ending point where they find the homeworld and blow everything up along a plotline not too dissimilar from Aliens. I think it's about time to put this franchise out of its misery.

Beast
06-09-2003, 04:23 PM
Alien 3 is much better, if you've seen all the footage was chopped out of the movie. As for how an Alien Egg got on board, it's explained I believe in the novel or comic adaption that the queen has the ability to lay a single "Queen Facehugger" after detaching from her egg sac. So she left the egg aboard the Evac Ship, before appearing to battle Ripley. As for how Ripley got impregnated, the face hugger had went onto Nute. When she drown in her cryotube the queen embreo crawled out her mouth and moved to Ripley. Since it was a queen face hugger, meant to start a new colony, it also had the ability to lay another embreo, this time in the body of the dog. The Queen Facehugger was established in a cut scene where one of the prisnors found it, and it was huge. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

El Chuxter
06-09-2003, 05:45 PM
Anyone remember before Alien 3 came out, and Dark Horse was doing some incredible Alien comics about Newt as an adult? And then they went and killed her and Bishop off in the godawful third movie. They shoulda adapted the comics, like they did with Predator. Predator 2 is infinitely better than either Alien 3 or Alien: Resurrection.

Oooh! Ooooh! I know!! Let's have Sigourney Weaver take on a Spinosaurus, which kills the Aliens!! :crazed:

Exhaust Port
06-09-2003, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by El Chuxter
Anyone remember before Alien 3 came out, and Dark Horse was doing some incredible Alien comics about Newt as an adult?

...and this is why we can't take any of the comics and books as canon. I agree about the comics pre-Alien 3. I was collecting them and thought the story line was great. As soon as A3 hit the theater I stopped buying anything Alien related on the spot. I was extremely disappointed with the movie. A3 did nothing to expand the Alien movie universe. It was a very poorly put together sidenote.

The first movie established the alien creature by it coming to us. The second movie established the aliens world and ecology by us going to it. The third movie did.....well, nothing. An ultimate showdown with the androids maker? ugh. I don't even know what to say about the 4th movie.

Cut scenes or not, a movie should stand on it's own. If someone, say the director, says that a scene would make more sense if we'd seen the cut scene then that scene should have never been taken out. Don't pan a review when you fail to put in important information.

Beast
06-09-2003, 10:41 PM
It wasn't the director's fault with Alien 3. The movie was taken away from him, and butchered by the studio. The version that will be released in the Alien Quidology will be a more complete cut of the film, as it's going to restore most/all of the footage that never was meant to be cut in the first place. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Exhaust Port
06-09-2003, 11:57 PM
I just thought the plot sucked in A3. Like I said, The Ultimate Showdown with the Androids Maker! pa-leez. They've got to do better than that.

mini-rock
06-10-2003, 12:44 AM
Alien 3 is much better, if you've seen all the footage was chopped out of the movie. As for how an Alien Egg got on board, it's explained I believe in the novel or comic adaption that the queen has the ability to lay a single "Queen Facehugger" after detaching from her egg sac. So she left the egg aboard the Evac Ship, before appearing to battle Ripley. As for how Ripley got impregnated, the face hugger had went onto Nute. When she drown in her cryotube the queen embreo crawled out her mouth and moved to Ripley. Since it was a queen face hugger, meant to start a new colony, it also had the ability to lay another embreo, this time in the body of the dog. The Queen Facehugger was established in a cut scene where one of the prisnors found it, and it was huge. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Sweet, something else I didn't know. Very cool. I can't wait for the box set.:)

Mandalorian Candidat
06-10-2003, 06:45 PM

That's a really lame excuse (not for you JJ, the moviemakers). There's no reason to omit a vital piece of plot information like that out of the movie. When I went and saw Alien3 even my friends who aren't into the franchise at all were disgusted at the "magical" series of events leading to the landing on the prison planet.

For the record, I didn't think the movie was horrible. It was OK, but the beginning was crap and it didn't further the whole plot arc of the franchise, like Exhaust Port wrote.

Beast
11-30-2003, 04:42 PM
We've heard it before, but it appears that Sigourney Weaver has indeed signed on for Alien 5. Whether it happens or not, is the big question. It depends on the performance of 'Alien Vs. Predator' most likely. The following news is from Bloody-Disgusting who got it from Total Access Magazine. :)

[ Alien Vs Predator | Posted by: MrDisgustingon 11.29.03 @ 12:14 am ]

Kandymann was reading a recent issue of Total Access Magazine and came across an interesting bit of news regarding Alien 5, "Having tested so well to preview and -release, 20th Century Fox has continuing the popular franchise. Sigourney Weaver has already signed for the proposed Alien 5, demanding that her charater Ripley, to be killed off at the end of this one for good..." More of the plotline revealed at an earlier date set Ripley out to return to the planet where the Aliens came from, or she will actually go to "the" aliens planet to kill them all, once an for all! Of course this is all old news, except for the fact that it says Weaver is signed on for the final chapter in this never ending saga! I'm more excited for this than I am Alien vs Predator.
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

arctangent
12-01-2003, 09:50 AM
This is good. I do hope Alien Vs. Predator comes out. This one I have been anticipating almost as much as T3. I love sci-fi. So, instead of getting three sci-fi movies this year we will get at least four and maybe five. Wow! This is like the best year for movies. Sci-fi has never been this good ever since the early eighties.

alien vs predator is currently at the filming stage with a view, i believe, to being released sometime next year.

it has the tagline: Whoever wins... We lose

and the plot runs thus: During an archaeological expedition in Antartica, a team of scientists and archaeologists find themselves caught up in a battle between a hive of aliens and five teenage predators. Soon, the team realise that only one species can win.

Darth Kirk
02-13-2004, 07:24 PM
Ok, first things first, AVP be comin out in August 2004, and there is some talk out there of Alien 5, who is excited about AVP and would anyone look forward to Alien 5..

Ok.. Ripley fell in a pit of molten lead (part 3), yet comes back through cloning (Resurrection) and now her clone will be going to the Alien planet.. Apparently the plot for part 5 has a crew going to the planet where them acid-spittin' aliens come from; their goal is to permanently wipe them critters out.. I highly doubt this will ever happen cuz the freakin' aliens seem to always crawl out of some corner or crevice, and weren't they also seen in the Galactic Senate hootin' and hollerin' next to the wookies in Episode 1?? :confused: I want the original Ripley back, so I say they should go back in time and rescue her before she falls into the molten lead and drag her *** to the planet so she could suffer some more.. Though since she would be having an alien baby, I suggest she put a leash around it and walk it around.. Maybe if these aliens were house broken, they wouldn't have such a bad disposition.. What ya'll think?

Beast
02-13-2004, 07:28 PM
Search is your friend: :)

'Alien Vs. Predator' News!! (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21397)

Fifth and Sixth 'Alien' Movie Plots Revealed!! (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19753)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

James Boba Fettfield
02-13-2004, 07:30 PM
Binks, you really are too much. You do all my moderating work for me.

Darth Kirk
02-13-2004, 11:41 PM
JarJar, your info on Alien 5 is not current since it was posted on June 2003.. I had read they had scrapped the idea of going to earth, even though thats what was seen in the end of resurrection.. But with these films, ya never know..

Darth Kirk
02-13-2004, 11:59 PM
Here is the link explaining the plot for Alien 5, though this plot has Ripley going to the Alien world... Can someone just call the director and straighten this out. :D
http://www.countingdown.com/movies/546775

Pendo
02-14-2004, 04:17 PM
I don't want another Alien movie, after getting the amazing Alien Quadrilogy box set, it's be a shame to have another Alien movie seem out of place on my DVD shelf :rolleyes:.

:crazed:.

PENDO!

Darth Kirk
02-14-2004, 06:48 PM
I don't want another Alien movie, after getting the amazing Alien Quadrilogy box set, it's be a shame to have another Alien movie seem out of place on my DVD shelf :rolleyes:.

:crazed:.

PENDO!

But Pendo, the eighth or ninth clone of Ripley has to prove herself to the other 8 by showing them what Ripley was made of.. And the Quintology will be just another set that Fox can market and sell. :evil: Well, that is till the Sextology is released after Alien 6..But the special edition Septology will include AVP.. but if there is an AVP 2 then it'll be an Octology... but.. OK, me tired now.. :crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

Tycho
02-09-2007, 07:25 PM
I love the Alien films, and agree that Alien 3 suffered from that one cut scene that would have added so much explanation that was so necessary (other than that it was a good movie), but I think they should stop there.

If you like Alien movies, (I do!) then fine: watch them again and again.

I don't think a movie about Ripley's clone fighting them on earth or going to the homeworld where they were bred helps at all.

You know what? A Star Trek / Aliens crossover could be very cool though - and see how they deal with the Aliens that far in the future. Sigourney Weaver doesn't need to be in that movie. I'm not sure which Star Trek officers should - or if there should be a whole new crew for that genre, but I'd use more advanced technology than they had on Enterprise or probably even by the time of TOS movies.

Now that I think about it, I'd work with a whole new Star Trek crew and not use any of the former cast members.