PDA

View Full Version : The definitive Threepio... so far!

JEDIpartner
11-19-2001, 03:16 PM
I sit and gripe about the lack of good, clean Threepio sculpts pretty much everyday (no, not really). I just got the Millennium Minted Coin C-3P0 and think this was the best "Clean" Threepio to date. There are still a few things I would like to see improved, but this is the best so far. I love the colouring compared to the original POTF2 sculpt... not to mention the overall pose, build (no longer a "Gold's" gym 'droid ;) ) and his silver shin! Nice touch! I think the best have been this version, the Purchase of the Droids version and then the removable limbs version...

Still... I'd love to see a new REALSCAN sculpt of him and Artoo!
:D

...for those wondering why it took so long for me to get this dude, the TRUs only had the Emperor, Luke and Snowtrooper 'round these parts!!:mad:

Starfig873
11-19-2001, 03:32 PM
Round these parts? Bunch O' danged Emperors.

I must agree with you though. I'd really like to see a new Threepio sometime in the future though...

Jayspawn
11-19-2001, 08:56 PM
I agree, the Millennium C-3PO is the best so far. But an updated one should be done too.

Mandalorian Candidat
11-20-2001, 03:29 PM
Of all my Threepios, I like the vintage ones the best. The removable limbs one looks a lot better than the POTF2 version and the net is sturdier. I think it would be good to have one with clickable limbs than won't move unless you move them. The problem with these figures is that the limbs go loose easily.

GNT
11-23-2001, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
Still... I'd love to see a new REALSCAN sculpt of him and Artoo!
:D

There will be realscanned versions of him and R2 that will be released next year :)

Beast
11-23-2001, 01:45 AM
I gotta agree, the Millenium Minted Coin C-3PO is the best figure of him to date. I picked up like 4 of these sets a few months ago for cheap custom fodder. Again, why is it always the very last things in a cancelled line that are the best.

Cinema Scenes:
Mynock Hunt, Jabba's Skiff Guards, Rebel Pilots

Millenium Minted Coin:
C-3PO, Emporer Palpatine

Expanded Universe:
Darktrooper, Spacetrooper

POTF2:
R2-D2 w/Holo Leia, Admiral Motti

E1:
Jar Jar: Naboo Swamp, Pit Droids, Sio Bibble, TC-14, R2-B1

Hopefully the end of the POTJ line won't leave us all searching high and low for Bo Shek, Teboo, and R4-M9's. Since that appears to be the last wave that will appear in the POTJ line.

MTFBWY and HH!!

GNT
11-23-2001, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by Starfig873
Round these parts? Bunch O' danged Emperors.

Your lucky you had them in your area,we never got them here :(