PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Have The New T2 Extreme DVD?

Lman316
06-09-2003, 11:57 AM
As soon as I saw this advertised, I wanted it. And a few days ago, I finally bought it. I didn't have a chance to watch it until yesterday and I was very disappointed.

The movie was/is great and I really like the integration of the deleted scenes. However, while watching, I noticed that the sounds are way off sync. It's almost like watching a Godzilla movie, where the mouth is moving but the dialogue doesn't line up with those movements.

I wanted to know if anyone else has this DVD and if you're having the same problems. If it's just this DVD, I'll take it back and get another one, but if it's happening on all of them, I guess I'll deal with it.

End...

icatch9
06-09-2003, 12:07 PM
I got it last week and watched it. I didn't notice any sound being off. It's all good if you ask me. I haven't navigated the special features yet, but it's a darn good DVD for $15.00

Beast
06-09-2003, 12:09 PM
It depends on which disc you're talking about. If it's Disc 2, and you're trying to run it on a less then optimum DVD Drive on your computer you're likely to encounter some syncing problems because your computer is struggling to run it. Note that Disc 2 is for a very high end computer system.

Now, if it's Disc 1. I never noticed any problems with Disc 1, so either it's a case of you got a bad disc. Or your DVD laser needs cleaned. Might want to check that, as that can lead to syncing problems also. Sorry if that's not much help. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

derek
06-09-2003, 06:01 PM
hey jar jar,

i've heard the video quality on the new T2 DVD blows the other version away. what do you think? other than the better quality video, is this set worth the purchase if i already have the other "special" edition?:)

Beast
06-09-2003, 06:22 PM
Well, Artisan restored the film frame by frame. And it looks marvelous, compared to the Ultimate Edition. Side by side screen comparison shots really reveal how nice the film looks now. And there's no trace of edge enhancement. They film looks better then ever.

But the real great thing about the set, is James Cameron's first ever Audio Commentary. Though he did do one for the upcoming ALIENS release in the ALIEN Quidology. There is also a text commentary that is really in depth about the making of the film. As well as seemless braching during the film to small featurettes.

The second disc, while primarily the DVD Rom version, also contains a look at the state of CGI technology and talks with the wizards behind it. It's sort of like EII's: "From Puppets to Pixels". And a new retrospective montege from footage filmed on the set of Terminator II. So it's definatly worth picking up, in my mind. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

SQueek
06-10-2003, 09:50 AM
I actually tempted to buy this DVD even though i own the older version that came in the metal case, it being the hardest to navigate, and it has the most insanely complicated menues. It took me 20 mins to find out how to play the movie.

Please tell me the new one has ALL new menues