PDA

View Full Version : Slave Leia variation?

Old Fossil
06-10-2003, 11:55 AM
I was dusting the shelves and Protecto-Pak cases yesterday, and noticed something I had not... well, noticed before.

I have two MOC Slave Leia's -- one the green card w/hologram sticker, the other the Freeze Frame. Until now I had assumed they contained identical figures. However, there is a subtle difference in the paint job. On the hologram carded Leia, her armband, wristband, crotch-guard, and the trim on her boots are a dull brownish-gold color, while those areas on the Freeze Frame version have an obviously sharper golden lustre.

My question is, is this the norm for these two carded figures? Or do some FF Slave Leia's have the duller brownish paint, and some of the Hologram carded Leia's the shiny gold job? I am not a variation collector, and I doubt this is a variation -- there is another word for it, I think, that escapes me at the moment -- but my curiousity has been aroused.

Rogue II
06-10-2003, 12:00 PM
Look in the collectors database. There are some paint variations.

Old Fossil
06-10-2003, 12:01 PM
This post should have gone in the errors/variations section. I see from Darth Cruel's post there that this is really probably a figure production variation. But any other info. would be appreciated.

Old Fossil
06-10-2003, 12:02 PM
Thanks, Rogue II.

Turbowars
06-18-2003, 09:23 PM
Oh man, there are many paint variation for this figure. Too any to list.

Old Fossil
06-18-2003, 09:34 PM
I know! Turns out I have the two most common variations, naturally. Once, just once I'd like to stumble upon an incredibly rare variation... then again, just some new figures on the pegs would be nice right now.