PDA

View Full Version : Hyperspace: Rick McCallum Chat Tonight!

Beast
06-10-2003, 03:00 PM
Just a reminder for those folks that are members of StarWars.Com's Hyperspace that there will be a chat with Rick McCallum tonight in the forums over there. Here's the announcement.

Online Talk with Rick McCallum
June 09, 2003

When Episode III Producer Rick McCallum learned that starwars.com Hyperspace members would be able to participate in live online talks with Star Wars celebrities, he quickly insisted on being first in line.
While his schedule is very hectic these days, anticipating the arrival of George Lucas very soon and the start of photography later this month, McCallum has generously slotted us in at Tuesday, June 10, 6:00 p.m. U.S. Pacific time (9:00 p.m. U.S. Eastern time, or Wed, June 11, 11:00 a.m. Sydney time).

To participate in this discussion with Rick live from Fox Studios Australia, first make sure you're a Hyperspace member, then join us in the "Celebrity Talks and Schedule" forum in the official Star Wars message boards (visible only to Hyperspace members).

Stay tuned to that forum for any schedule changes and new talk announcements.
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Pendo
06-10-2003, 03:13 PM
It'll be about midnight here in the UK, but I'm gonna try and stay awake and join in. I've been planning some questions I could ask, if anyone can think of any I'll see if I can ask them :).

PENDO!

Beast
06-10-2003, 03:17 PM
I'll be there as well. Call me a massive sucker, but the webcam and all the other exclusive content is more then worth the measly $19.95 a year. Hell, I pay more then that for a year of a magazine subscription. So really, I don't see it as a bad deal. I'm pondering asking him about his foul mouth, but I bet they'd ignore that question. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

stillakid
06-10-2003, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Pendo
It'll be about midnight here in the UK, but I'm gonna try and stay awake and join in. I've been planning some questions I could ask, if anyone can think of any I'll see if I can ask them :).

PENDO!

Please ask him if George really believes he can tie up the continuity problems in Episode III, or if he plans on making the necessary "adjustments" to the Original Trilogy upon the DVD release. Thanks!

Pendo
06-10-2003, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by stillakid
Please ask him if George really believes he can tie up the continuity problems in Episode III, or if he plans on making the necessary "adjustments" to the Original Trilogy upon the DVD release. Thanks!

OK, added to my loooooooooooooong list of questions :D.

If my time difference calculation was correct I'd say there was about an hour and 15 minutes before it's time. Could someone please correct me if I'm wrong, cause I'd hate to wait up this long, only to realise that I was an hour out and missed him :rolleyes:!

PENDO!

James Boba Fettfield
06-10-2003, 07:48 PM
You got the right time, Pendo.

Pendo
06-10-2003, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by James Boba Fettfield
You got the right time, Pendo.

Oh good, thanx for confirming that for me :). It doesn't start till 2am here, and I LOVE to sleep. I'd hate to be deprived of my sleep only to realise that I got the bloomin times wrong :p.

PENDO!

Pendo
06-10-2003, 08:57 PM
How can I participate in the talk with Rick McPrick if I can't even get on the StarWars.com forums :mad:. Anyone else having problems getting on?

PENDO!

Beast
06-10-2003, 09:56 PM
I finally got in. It's going well so far. Other then the fact that it's a chat on a message board. Nothing big news so far. I didn't really expect much, since McCallum hasn't even seen the script yet. :)

Whooo, Pendo got a question in. Hope I get one answered. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

stillakid
06-10-2003, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
I finally got in. It's going well so far. Other then the fact that it's a chat on a message board. Nothing big news so far. I didn't really expect much, since McCallum hasn't even seen the script yet. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Will they post the transcript afterwards?

Can someone count the number of times he types in "F***"?

Beast
06-10-2003, 10:17 PM
I don't think they will post the transcript. And I'm not entirely sure about the rules of reposting exclusive content. He did comment on how foulmouthed he is though. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Pendo
06-10-2003, 10:37 PM

I've asked hundreds of questions about Star Wars, and not a single one was answered, then I ask him if he's seen Matrix Reloaded and he answers :D.

Originally posted by stillakid
Can someone count the number of times he types in "F***"?

Well he's said "####" once which I'm guessing means the F word :p. Still counting though :).

PENDO!

plo koon 200
06-11-2003, 12:46 AM
I missed it. Darn, was stuck at College and even forgot my English paper. This is not a good day. Oh well, my question probably would not have been asked.

Pendo, sounds like he answered the question you could care the least to have answered. And, he didn't even know it was out yet.

Beast
06-11-2003, 01:11 AM
I took what he said about Matrix as a joke. No questions answered for me. But then mine were complex ones about things that Tricky Ricky wouldn't really know anyway. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
06-11-2003, 02:45 AM
I need one of you goons to ask Rick what he thinks of my loving collection of Rick McAvatars and especially the custom Star Park "Cal McRectum - Naboo Dignitary" TPM avatar that Jargo made for me. :)

Pendo
06-11-2003, 03:35 AM
Hehehe, the best Rick McCallum Q&A was this:

UCFKevin - If a cereal called "Bantha Poodoo" was released, would you eat it?

Rick McCallum - Only if it changed the color of the milk.

He was a really funny guy.

Also note that he said he couldn't answer the question that Mace will turn to the dark side... :sur:

PENDO!

Beast
06-11-2003, 03:53 AM
I still think he sticks his foot in his mouth to much, but he seemed like an ok guy. Other then getting a bit agitated at a couple of the stupid questions. Like the guy that asked if Lucas could let Peter Jackson direct Episode III. He apperantly kept hammering away with the LOTR's questions, cause Rick finally posted telling him to: "Give it a break." :)

Hopefully the plan a chat with Ahmed Best, so I can let him know that he's got a #1 fan. And not in that freaky Anne Wilkes in "Misery" sort of way. :crazed: :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Pendo
06-11-2003, 04:00 AM
Hopefully the plan a chat with Ahmed Best, so I can let him know that he's got a #1 fan. And not in that freaky Anne Wilkes in "Misery" sort of way. :crazed: :D

Well hopefully the Ahmed Best chat won't be at 2am in the morning! I'm knackered now man :zzz:.

I'm hoping Hayden will do a chat soon, he seems likely to let alot of cool info slip.

PENDO!

plo koon 200
06-11-2003, 02:02 PM
I just hope the chat isn't done when I'm at school.