PDA

View Full Version : Carded Yoda, Han and Boba unleashed.

SirSteve
06-11-2003, 11:18 AM
See the homepage (http://www.sirstevesguide.com) for the news story and tell us what you think of the new package look.

mini-rock
06-11-2003, 12:41 PM
COOL!! The new figures are going to ROCK!!! As for the packaging I really don't care for since I open my figures anyway. But it does look more "Unleashed" than before.

bobafrett
06-11-2003, 01:00 PM
Wow, I love the new packaging! Maybe that will encourage retailers to carry this line! Looks like I will have to get two of each of these.

mini-rock
06-11-2003, 01:51 PM
Looking at it a little closer I think it does look better than the original, but honestly I don't care for the cards since I open the figs anyway.:)

aceguide
06-11-2003, 02:13 PM
Great figs. Packaging is fine. Just something to make it more difficult to get to the toys!

jerchel
06-11-2003, 03:29 PM
Uh, you took down my thread about it and did your on.. way too strict forget this place. I'll read but no more posting.

mini-rock
06-11-2003, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by jerchel
Uh, you took down my thread about it and did your on.. way too strict forget this place. I'll read but no more posting.

Well, SirSeve posted the info on these first this morning, but IMO he should have added your post instead of deleting it. :)

jpak001
06-11-2003, 04:09 PM
I think the new packaging looks cool, but I like the older style more for some reason (mabye that'll change with time)..... not that it matters anyways since I open all my unleashed figs too! :)

jerchel
06-11-2003, 04:25 PM
Well, I don't really care that much. It is just the whole reason I signed up was to post the news on these cards and then someone deletes it and puts it up them self. I had been coming here for a while and I read most of the posts and stuff about what you guys think of the toys. So, I thought that would have been a nice way to come to the board. I also checked to make sure no one had posted the new carded UNLEASHED. Ah, oh well. I guess he didn't care what I thought.

Turbowars
06-11-2003, 08:21 PM
Don't worry about it bro. Sometimes crappy things happen here. Why did you do it Steve? It would have been nice if you posted some links to the photos, instead of having us go to another site to view the photos, that's what you said in another thread.:confused:

plasticfetish
06-11-2003, 09:06 PM
OK ... I'm not a big unleashed fan, but what is up with the card for the Yoda figure? It reminds me of a Mountain Dew bottle and Yoda looks more like the critter from Leprechaun.

"No ... Dew, or Dew not. There is no try."

mini-rock
06-11-2003, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by plasticfetish
"No ... Dew, or Dew not. There is no try."

:p

jpak001
06-12-2003, 02:22 AM
That's funny! They do kinda look like soda can's huh?

Dig the new avatar plasticfetish, nice!

jedi master sal
06-12-2003, 11:10 AM
Well, I think these are freakin' awesome!

I'm a graphic designer myself and I gotta say that the packaging on the new Unleashed figures is far above and beyond the originals. First to go to the added expense of having character specific printing on the package says alot. This process is much more expensive. It shows that they care about this product more when they are willing to do that. Not only are the front differetn but the backs as well.

The previous version had what's called a "shell". That is to say that all od the fronts were the same and the printing company could print all of the fronts first. Then when the specific graphics came for the back they culd pull however many "shell" of the front and print on the other side for whichever character. This is great from a business sense of saving money but from a display sense it becomes monotonous. (Same boring thing)

While the figure is to be the main focus of the product, this new packaging will help to sell the figures. Much like having the different photos on the vintage 3 3/4 figs did.

I too am an opener but had kept all of my Unleashed in the package until within the past month I opened Jango and Maul. Partly because of the subdued packaging. With this new version I will HAVE to by two of each. One to display in amd one to display out of the box.

Kudos to the manufacturer and whomever the designer(s) are that are responsible for this. This will certainly breath some life into the line.