PDA

View Full Version : New luke and vader revealed

badtaste
06-11-2003, 01:05 PM
At rebelscum.com, there's a catalog picture of a new Luke and vader. Its obviously clear that the 'new' Luke is the T-16 model but now with a saber instead. It's unclear if the new Vader is a receicled one or not. Can somebody tell?

Beast
06-11-2003, 01:15 PM
The Vader is the MOTDS 2-Pack version. Just like the Darth Maul re-release is. Even though Thrawn mistakenly originally said that it was going to be the Final Duel Maul So now the people who couldn't get the HTF Masters of the Dark Side 2-Pack can aquire the figures from it atleast. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Har Binks

[DSS]Pedr0
06-11-2003, 01:26 PM
NO PICS TO POST?

Beast
06-11-2003, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by [DSS]Pedr0
NO PICS TO POST?
It's the same figures, and they are loose. You can see the pics if you really want to, over here:

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS84861P&variation=&lg=1

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Turbowars
06-11-2003, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks

Even though Thrawn mistakenly originally said that it was going to be the Final Duel Maul

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Har Binks You mean to tell us that Thrawn made a mistake? Wow.

Sidiously Darth
06-11-2003, 09:13 PM
At least they are rereleasing 2 somewhat hard to find figures. Unlike a certain Jango that's coming out.:rolleyes:

plasticfetish
06-11-2003, 09:30 PM
Yes. Very nice, good reissues.
I dig the Luke. Nice articulation and now a saber ... cool.
The Vader ... I never got one of those ... does it have a plastic skirt and a cloth cape?

Turbowars
06-11-2003, 09:30 PM
Before we know it the whole POTF2 and POTJ line is going to be repackaged on the new SAGA card. Way to go Hasbro! Whats next, Saga JarJar Binks recarded for 03?

Old Fossil
06-12-2003, 12:52 AM
The MOTDS Vader is a poor choice for a reissue, a one-pose wonder. The sculpt is good but the articulation leaves a lot to be desired. As for Luke, well, if H. is smart, they'll pack him 1 per case, since I can't imagine anyone desperately needing a Tatooine Luke figure. It's a great figure, but they are gonna pegwarm, just like they did back in '99-2001, and will end up on clearance. What a waste of Hasbro's time.

pegger
06-12-2003, 09:41 AM
"What a waste of Hasbro's time."

Actually...I was thinking it was more a waste of OUR time......

mtriv73
06-12-2003, 10:30 AM
More like a waste of our money if we actually buy it.

jedimarvin
06-12-2003, 10:46 AM
Oh good, more repacks of figures we never had trouble finding. I was very excited when i first saw the listing for these figs on Kebco then quickly realized I was giving Hasbro too much credit. This is an interesting marketing strategy....pack new cases with old pegwarmers. At any rate, I'm getting sick of Vader. I love the guy but hoiw many rescuplts do I need. The best so far I think is the POTF2 with removable helmet. Great detailing, no cheesy gimmicks. As for Luke...he did make it off Tattooine at one point in the movies, didn't he?

droidekas2
06-12-2003, 03:04 PM
ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........................ . . . . .

between not being able to find new figures at stores and repacking peg warmers (who couldnt find commtech Luke, Han, et al , on the pegs, they even ended up at 1.99 at Toys R Us' clearance) making less room in each case for new figures.................. ... . . .

Please, you really think that this strategy is going to work. If they were serious about it they would be giving us recarded figures that were actually very hard to find.................. . .. . . .

Wake me up when something interesting happens .. . .

Turbowars
06-12-2003, 08:44 PM
I believe they are 1 per case. I don't think they will be peg warmers, becausen they have to get to the store first and that doesn't seem like that is going to happen. I understand why Hasbro is rehashing these. They say they are for the new collector and they like to keep core charactors out. The problem is, most of the figures are being bought by us, not little kids like they think. They don't care that some of us didn't get a R2-B1 or Commtech Leia. Hasbro really doesn't care to much for the line. They love the own name though.

jpak001
06-13-2003, 09:39 PM
Out here the comm-tech Luke was very common, but the MOTDS Vader definitely was not. I never did see any of those at retail, and don't personally know anyone that actually did. I had to buy mine from a scalper at an extremely inflated price (just had to have that Vader...).

IMO the Vader re-release makes a lot of sense. It is a great looking figure too. Tall, just like vader really was! Hell, I'll still buy one just for my carded Vader collection (if I actually find it that is). The Luke doesn't make much sense to me but that's only because they were very common, and like Twodot & Droidekas2 said, they were even out in abundance on clearance (I remember seeing him for $1.99 too).

I guess Hasbros line of thinking must be: "we can't release a Vader without a Luke!!!" :rolleyes:

Kidhuman
06-13-2003, 10:18 PM
VAder yeah, Luke boo! Come on Hasbro give us some better reissues, rehashes, whatever. I still want a Sio Bibble from EP1 and others. Lay off the Lukes already. Get down to it and just give us what we want or you will find out that license is gonna be useless by 2006.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-14-2003, 01:36 PM
Well, it makes sense to release these figures with leia, Han and C-3PO. So now, maybe they'll rerelease R2 with Holo Leia, he was sort of hard to find. But like they said, this is just like the vintage days, where they kept on releasing the same figure on a new card all the time. They also did this a few years ago, when they slapped most of the 1995/1996/1997 figures on a Freeze Frame card, which was helpful to me, because I had just started buying the figures. I, personally, will only get Darth Maul and Darth Vader, I never got the two-pack to begin with. I'll be focusing on Clone Wars. :)

Devo
06-14-2003, 09:46 PM
same old same faffing old. When will this onslaught of rehashed or reposed Darth Vaders end? And they're just as bad now with Chewbacca. Its amazing how many excuses they find to redo core characters that wore the same outfits or none throughout all the films. Hasbro if you must rerelease give us some decent ones for goodness sake...i can think of a few non-core characters I never managed to find.

corporal AMF
06-15-2003, 05:00 PM
PEGWARMERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS !!!!!