PDA

View Full Version : Live action Transformers movie.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]

El Chuxter
06-07-2008, 07:56 PM
Rush Hour 2 didn't suck. It wasn't great, but it was miles beyond Transformers.

Jackie Chan saying, "What is up, my *****?" was worth it alone.

Tycho
06-21-2008, 04:30 AM
What if I went to Comic Con this year and MET Michael Bay?!

I just realized that I'd ask if I could take my picture with him, thank him for Transformers, and request he answer 2 questions.

I think I know what they'd be:

1) In his mind, what does he think happened to Barricade during the race to Mission City?

2) Is and why is Jazz coming back in Transformers 2 if the first movie stated explicitly that "they couldn't save him," implying he'd been killed - dead? Is it just the same voice actor?

If Michael Bay asked me if I'd post his answers all over the internet, I'd respond with an honest "YES!" but I'd ask if he can still answer the questions. Those two shouldn't spoil the plot to the second movie.

Then if he wanted to hang out for a bit, I'd see if I could phone JT, Chuxter, and Figrin to come over and meet us for a group hug and everyone shouting simultaneously "Until All Are One!"

I'm sure that Michael Bay lies awake at night yearning for such a moment.

Perhaps with SideShow's relationship with Hasbro and their Star Wars 12", SideShow might be open to making a 12" Michael Bay action figure? I think I'll ask.

Tycho
06-22-2008, 04:19 AM
I think Tracks (http://jalopnik.com/396734/transformers-corvette-concept-z28-bumblebee-get-a-close+up) is going to be one of the new Autobots in Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen.

DarthQuack
06-22-2008, 06:04 AM
Where's the Thundercats movie thread? Is this it?

JediTricks
06-23-2008, 05:17 PM
What if I went to Comic Con this year and MET Michael Bay?!

I just realized that I'd ask if I could take my picture with him, thank him for Transformers, and request he answer 2 questions.

I think I know what they'd be:

1) In his mind, what does he think happened to Barricade during the race to Mission City?

2) Is and why is Jazz coming back in Transformers 2 if the first movie stated explicitly that "they couldn't save him," implying he'd been killed - dead? Is it just the same voice actor?

If Michael Bay asked me if I'd post his answers all over the internet, I'd respond with an honest "YES!" but I'd ask if he can still answer the questions. Those two shouldn't spoil the plot to the second movie.

Then if he wanted to hang out for a bit, I'd see if I could phone JT, Chuxter, and Figrin to come over and meet us for a group hug and everyone shouting simultaneously "Until All Are One!"

I'm sure that Michael Bay lies awake at night yearning for such a moment.

Perhaps with SideShow's relationship with Hasbro and their Star Wars 12", SideShow might be open to making a 12" Michael Bay action figure? I think I'll ask.I'd be waiting for that call so I can go punch you both in the face. :p

And if you said "until all are one" at Bay, I'm sure he wouldn't get the reference. Then you'd be left feeling dejected. Then I'd come over and punch you both in the face.

Tycho
06-23-2008, 05:27 PM
And if you said "until all are one" at Bay, I'm sure he wouldn't get the reference. Then you'd be left feeling dejected.

I don't know what I'd do, if Michael Bay didn't understand my fanboy reference. Like what if he thought a Sharkticon was a Decepticon? I think my faith in there being anything good left in this world would be shattered, or at the least, dealt a serious blow. That would be a very hard moment for me indeed, JT.

But you can swing all you want: I heard you punch like a girl! :P

Tycho
06-26-2008, 02:33 AM
I showed the movie to a friend who barely likes any of the sci-fi / fantasy / superhero genre stuff. Our interests are in politics and community economic development.

We were chilling at my place and decided there was nothing better to do than watch a movie, so he said he'd finally watch it with me.

He knew nothing about Transformers what so ever.

He really liked the movie and will go to the theaters to see the sequel.

JediTricks
07-16-2008, 06:46 PM
Saw this picture of Megan Fox in a SW t-shirt and thought maybe you guys might want to see, maybe even Tycho might stubbornly find something about the picture that was interesting.

Oh yeah, and it was in an article about the budget being twice, or some crap, I don't care.
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-9/megan-fox-speaks-about-timelne-and-budget-size-for-transformers-revenge-of-the-fallen-165381/

Tycho
07-16-2008, 10:57 PM
Thanks JT. That was AWESOME!

Val Da Car
07-18-2008, 10:50 AM
fan fricking tastic.....now I need to go turn the AC up a little higher

I hope she really is a SW Fan...we need some women back in our camp and not so much of a sauage fest....j/k

I hope I don't in trouble for this :love:

Tycho
07-18-2008, 02:39 PM
In interviews I've read, Megan Fox IS a sci-fi / toy / video game fan.

I don't know if she was just reading from the Maxim Magazine's "How To Answer Interview Questions so the Nerds Who Buy Our Magazine Will Think You're Cool" playbook though.

Megan definitely has her moments. There are a lot worse, but a few I like better. Still, she might be the coolest of them all.

But I was just discussing this in another thread: Star Wars being my private domain - my hobby - my business.

What if I were to even marry a girl that was exactly like me? I'm not sure living together would work: "You can't do a Mos Eisley diorama, Honey! That's MY room to play in. Go make Mustafar in yours! NO - YOU'RE NOT DOING GEONOSIS!!! THE AT-TE IS MINE! MINE! MINE!"

"Our bedroom is NOT going to be Dagobah! I don't want the fog machine running at night! I might have to get out of bed in the middle of the night and I don't want to trip on your X-wing you always leave on the floor!"

Though it might save money in our personal accounts, such that I buy for certain display rooms, and she manages the other ones. And we do our own projects. Joint projects? It might work if we can really get along.

But seriously, if I live alone and just have a girl over 4 nights a week or so, and my hobby remains my private domain, retreat. I'm more than happy.

I'm not certain it'd even be smart to live with Megan Fox. But 4 nights a week... (maybe 7)...

JediTricks
07-19-2008, 02:06 PM
fan fricking tastic.....now I need to go turn the AC up a little higher

I hope she really is a SW Fan...we need some women back in our camp and not so much of a sauage fest....j/k

I hope I don't in trouble for this :love:
Sausage festival, like in Vienna? I hear Toki Wartooth loves sausage festival.

("No Toki, that was sausage festival.")

JediTricks
10-25-2008, 09:55 PM
So apparently, Michael Bay is not down with this new Transformers theme park ride because they didn't consult him about it: http://tformers.com/transformers-michael-bay-does-not-support-transformers-ride/10370/news.html
(To answer Tycho's question in another thread, the franchise is owned by Hasbro, Paramount produced the film in association with Dreamworks but that doesn't automatically mean Paramount gets all rights from the film).

Apparently, master Bay feels that all things Transformers must now go through him, that either Optimus Prime is directed by his hand or not at all. What an arrogant jerk. Granted, they shouldn't quote him on things that he didn't say, but he certainly isn't the end-all be-all when it comes to TF, not even that movie.

Tycho
10-26-2008, 03:14 AM
Hmmmm. But Michael Bay might want to add flames to the Universal Studios entrance sign. Would that be such a bad thing?

I'd also add head-busts of Sector Seven Agent Simmons to be placed in all the urinals around the ride.

I wonder if they will remove Jurassic Park: The Ride to put Transformers in there? I hope not. Having both would be very cool for me.

Jurassic Park is very well suited for a theme ride. However, Disneyland's Indiana Jones WHIPS the scales off the giant lizards at Universal. I think Indiana Jones is perhaps the best movie-theme ride in existance.

Transformers: The Ride is also very well suited to a theme park, but it has very tough competition.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I think all the passengers should sit in rowed seating in the back of a GMC Top Kick (Ironhide) and go through a ride on a quest to deliver the AllSpark to Optimus Prime.

Giant animatronic robots that transform, mostly Decepticons, should attack you along the way, and some pyrotechnics and fog (such that lasers could be seen) should enhance the ride.

BumbleBee and Jazz should charge in and transform, saving the tourists at times during the ride, and at the very end, after a giant Megatron tries to make a grab for you, riders will see another Ironhide transform and give the AllSpark to Optimus Prime (who drives in and also transforms).

Meanwhile, Ironhide that you ride with, can swerve, jump on the ride's tracks, and that sort of thing - like the Jeep in Indiana Jones - and that will provide some thrills. Peter Cullen's voice along the ride (through Ironhide's commlink) will make this a great attraction.

Like Jurassic Park has that spalsh-down in the waterfall escape-the-T-Rex-ending, Ironhide (the truck you ride in) can jump through a simulated glass window or drive off the top deck of a parking structure during urban warfare to give everyone a roller-coaster type thrill. (and you can dodge a charge by the Decepticon tank, Brawl)

BumbleBee is just not big enough for a tourist group to ride in him, btw. And I think Optimus Prime must remain the distant hero everyone strives to come to - not your ride-along-buddy.

Anyway, Michael Bay is really good at understanding these things now. I think he should be involved (as should Peter Cullen for sure!!!)

Then at the end of the ride, they should have a pretty brunette girl wearing a short blue jean skirt and a half-top hug everyone as they disembark :love:
I'd dub this "the Megan Fox effect."

Oh, and the ride attendants should all wear Sector-Seven suit get-ups and maybe one of them should work the line and scan all those waiting to ride for radioactivity that signals contact with aliens lifeforms!

DarthBrandon
10-26-2008, 01:18 PM
Hmmmm. But Michael Bay might want to add flames to the Universal Studios entrance sign. Would that be such a bad thing?

I'd also add head-busts of Sector Seven Agent Simmons to be placed in all the urinals around the ride.

I wonder if they will remove Jurassic Park: The Ride to put Transformers in there? I hope not. Having both would be very cool for me.

Jurassic Park is very well suited for a theme ride. However, Disneyland's Indiana Jones WHIPS the scales off the giant lizards at Universal. I think Indiana Jones is perhaps the best movie-theme ride in existance.

Transformers: The Ride is also very well suited to a theme park, but it has very tough competition.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I think all the passengers should sit in rowed seating in the back of a GMC Top Kick (Ironhide) and go through a ride on a quest to deliver the AllSpark to Optimus Prime.

Giant animatronic robots that transform, mostly Decepticons, should attack you along the way, and some pyrotechnics and fog (such that lasers could be seen) should enhance the ride.

BumbleBee and Jazz should charge in and transform, saving the tourists at times during the ride, and at the very end, after a giant Megatron tries to make a grab for you, riders will see another Ironhide transform and give the AllSpark to Optimus Prime (who drives in and also transforms).

Meanwhile, Ironhide that you ride with, can swerve, jump on the ride's tracks, and that sort of thing - like the Jeep in Indiana Jones - and that will provide some thrills. Peter Cullen's voice along the ride (through Ironhide's commlink) will make this a great attraction.

Like Jurassic Park has that spalsh-down in the waterfall escape-the-T-Rex-ending, Ironhide (the truck you ride in) can jump through a simulated glass window or drive off the top deck of a parking structure during urban warfare to give everyone a roller-coaster type thrill. (and you can dodge a charge by the Decepticon tank, Brawl)

BumbleBee is just not big enough for a tourist group to ride in him, btw. And I think Optimus Prime must remain the distant hero everyone strives to come to - not your ride-along-buddy.

Anyway, Michael Bay is really good at understanding these things now. I think he should be involved (as should Peter Cullen for sure!!!)

Then at the end of the ride, they should have a pretty brunette girl wearing a short blue jean skirt and a half-top hug everyone as they disembark :love:
I'd dub this "the Megan Fox effect."

Oh, and the ride attendants should all wear Sector-Seven suit get-ups and maybe one of them should work the line and scan all those waiting to ride for radioactivity that signals contact with aliens lifeforms!

Are you off your meds Tycho? or is it just a double dose issue.:D

Tycho
10-30-2008, 12:29 PM
I think it is time to start the Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen thread.

Principle photography has wrapped, we have a preliminary cast list, and a lot of new info.

The trailers will start coming out in the next 2 months if special effects are in a complete enough state.

The thread will be in this forum.

God speed to Michael Bay!

DarthQuack
10-30-2008, 05:32 PM
So that means we can close this thread? :)

JediTricks
10-30-2008, 05:40 PM
All this thread's title says is "Live action Transformers movie", and that can apply to TF2:ROTF. :p