PDA

View Full Version : EU Character and Tarkin

plo koon 200
06-11-2003, 07:58 PM
So, who do you think is the EU character in EIII. I hop it is Thrawn but that may not be likely considering Lucas seems to like Jedi more.

Also, in the chat McCallum, I believe, hinted that there would be a new bad guy. I have a felling this may well just be Tarkin. Thoughts?

Beast
06-11-2003, 08:42 PM
Tarkin's already rumored to be a part of the film. James Marsters is supposedly in talks to appear as the young future Imperial Grand Moff. Note that they also mentioned a yet unnamed Mon Calamari character in the set diary. If Tarkin is in the film, remember that Admiral Ackbar was once Tarkin's servent/slave. :)

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18097

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

plo koon 200
06-11-2003, 10:00 PM
I did hear that rumour but didn't know how reliable that was and as far as Ackbar goes TFN mentioned something about four or so months ago so I have considered his role confirmed. As with James Masters I have not heard TFN nor any site mention anything about him as far as I can remember. Maybe I wasn't paying attention that day. Ah, who knows until filming starts. But, who is the EU character?

sicqnus
06-11-2003, 11:28 PM
A very young redhaired girl protected by Palpatine maybe...

kdp100
06-12-2003, 04:23 AM
An interesting idea, Sicqnus.
Is Mara Jade supposed to be older than Luke?
I'm not familiar with the novels of the later EU, so I'm not sure....

When I first read of an EU character in Ep3, my first thought (for some reason) was of "Adam Ant-lookalike" Jedi Quinlan Vos, in much the same way that Aayla Secura was added to Ep2...

Tycho
06-17-2003, 09:55 PM
I'd like to see Quinlan Vos.

There is a chance that Durge or Ventress or the ARC Trooper might make it into the film.

Villie might have a cameo. That'd be cool, but I doubt we'd hear about it until close to release time since he's not going to be too big of deal plot-wise unless we start hearing about a Devaronian mercenary who's crucial to the storyline.

Grand Admiral Thrawn would have to be Lt. Jg. Thrawn or something at this point, and really he came to the favor of the Empire by destroying what he determined was a Jedi invasion of the Chiss sector, which is how he misinterpreted the Outbound Flight Project, which we now may suspect included not just Jedi, but possibly refugees or CloneTroopers.

Mara Jade is 2 years younger than Luke Skywalker, I vaguely recall. That means she'd be born 2 years AFTER Episode 3. Perhaps Palpatine picked her specifically, amongst Jedi children refugees, knowing that he might need another woman to "un-do" another Skywalker (the way Padme undid Anakin). If in my theory, Palpatine possibly knows that Obi-Wan is raising Luke, where the Sith Master is not to touch him - as part of his deal for Darth Vader's loyalty "I must obey my Master," then Palpatine might do something on the sly and prepare the woman Luke could not resist to one day be his undoing.

Want to know what's even more devious, and might come into play? Siri Taichi (who was Adi Gallia's apprentice) has red hair, though she was sort of a blonde when she was Obi-Wan Kenobi's classmate. If Palpatine played every card right, Mara could be Siri's daughter and thus that much more difficult for Obi-Wan to distrust or protect Luke from. Siri became a close, personal friend of Kenobi during the times before the Battle of Naboo. If Mara Jade was indeed her daughter, or a relative, or even her intended padawan, that could've made Mara the perfect weapon to circumnavigate Vader, counter Obi-Wan, and destroy Luke Skywalker. Palpatine only has to wait for Luke to become old enough to be interested in girls and then "YOU WILL KILL LUKE SKYWALKER!" (The Last Command)

It's too far fetched for Episode 3, but it'd make a great expanded universe story!

plo koon 200
06-17-2003, 11:17 PM
Yah, just a little to far fetched. Are you nuts!!! Lucas is not that complex to come up with something as great. No offense to you Tycho. Offense to Lucas.

die-jarjar-die
06-18-2003, 07:18 PM
I've been pondering who this mysterious EU character could be since the news was posted & have had this thought:

It could conceivably be GARM BEL IBLIS

Before you all start tearing my idea to pieces, Garm Bel Iblis, featured in the novels, was credited as being one of the principal opponents to The Emperor's New Order & one of the triumvirate that started the Rebellion against Palpatine's rule, along with Mon Mothma & Bail Organa. I just feel that showing this character in Ep3 will help cement the beginnings of the rebel alliance.

Tycho
06-18-2003, 08:26 PM
good idea

plo koon 200
06-18-2003, 09:59 PM
Well... I like the idea... The only problem is that Lucas never reads the novels. He said so himself.

I am Jabba the Hutt
06-19-2003, 02:18 PM
Personally, I think we might see Tarkin, he might be seen in a scene with Poggle the Lesser discussing the Death Star.
I wonder if we'll see Aurra Sing in Episode II, she's allied to Boba Fett and Count Dooku in the Clone Wars EU, it sure would be fun to see those 3 hunting down the Jedi. :)

RooJay
06-19-2003, 07:15 PM
Reading the reports that Bai Ling has been cast as an unknown character in Ep. 3, I thinking that she could easily fill the role of Asajj Ventress. I'd almost be willing to bet...

die-jarjar-die
07-15-2003, 07:31 PM
Its a fair enough point that GL "disregards" the EU, but does he really? Or does he just pick the things he likes & chooses to ignore everything else?

I think it unfair to state that GL ignores the EU, if this was the case where on Earth did the idea for Coruscant come from? If i'm correct, :P it was Timothy Zhan's Heir To The Empire that Coruscant first appeared, an EU NOVEL!

Basically i'm trying to say that we shouldn't be so quick to disregard statements & ideas. It COULD be my suggestion of Garm Bel Iblis, it COULD be AURRA SING, as someone else suggested, it could very well also be ASAJJ VENTRESS as someone else suggested. We can only speculate at this time & will not know until further details are released (read:leaked)