PDA

View Full Version : Do the Clone Troopers realize they are clones?

Arrogant Arse
06-12-2003, 11:52 AM
Do you think that the Clone Troopers realize that they are clones? Do the look around and see others and think "Hey, a thousand other white troopers emerge, they look like me, they dress like me, they don't give a **** like me." Okay so they probably don't all sound like Eminem, but do they realize that they are clones, and do they care?

I think they realize it but don't really care. They are trained to fight, not think.

Any thoughts?

The Overlord Returns
06-12-2003, 12:29 PM
Well.....the whole advantage of clone over Droid is that they do think individually........

I would imagine they are aware of their status as cloned beings. I would also hazard a guess that they do have emotions, but are most likely trained immediately to repress them in service of their hoigher purpose...mainly, that of butt kickers.

TheDarthVader
06-12-2003, 01:12 PM
I think that obiedience is the key word. Just because they are cloned to be 100% obiedient does not mean they are unaware of their status or can't think for themselves. I believe they are aware that they are clones...but hey, what are they going to do about it? Just like Lama Su said, "Clones can think creatively. We take great pride in our combat education and training programs...they are totally obiedient, taking any order without question. (modified genetic structure)." So, there is your answer...yes they know that they are clones.

El Chuxter
06-12-2003, 01:28 PM
They've got to. If not, I'm sure, individuality dampening or not, they'd start asking, "Master Yoda, why does TK421 look like me, and TRS80 looks like me, and THX1128 looks like me, but you're a little wrinkled green dude?"

JediTricks
06-12-2003, 10:19 PM
I think they know, but I wonder if the concept of being a clone means something to them at all. It's not like they're taught that they're oddballs, so do they know that being a clone is unusual and societally confusing? That they are fighting for a society that considers them lower-class citizens only slightly higher up the chain than droids? I would think that would be kept from them simply because it would make it complicated for these to fight for these people. Or perhaps when a 2nd batch of clones is completed, the first batch revolts and causes the 2nd clone war, thus giving us "the clone wars".

Exhaust Port
06-13-2003, 07:42 AM
You think any of them take advantage of it. Time for roll call, it's early and you don't want to get up. "Hey Steve 12, would you mind saying you're me so I can stay here?" Maybe that's why the stormtroopers are such bad shots,they all got away with not having to even to go to training exercises because they had plenty of stand ins.

stillakid
06-13-2003, 12:09 PM
I think a better question is if they are all clones in every way, wouldn't they all be interested in the same exact girl? It's bad enough to have two different guys fighting over some floozy, but can you imagine an army of the same guy?! :eek: There's the REAL reason for the Clone Wars!

Of course the solution is to create a Clone Pleasure Wing on Kamino...if you know what I mean. Can you imagine, a million Victoria Silvstedts! :Pirate:

The Overlord Returns
06-13-2003, 12:14 PM
Hmm...I wonder if the clones are capable of developing their own individual personalities, or if they are predesigned to each be the same in that way as well?

mini-rock
06-13-2003, 01:19 PM
Just from reading what it says on the Kaminoans in the Visual Dictionary, they have training programs and other things to keep that from happening. Who's to say it doesn't happen in the field though. I dunno, but the quest for perfection in the development of the clones suggests that the Kaminoans have taken care of that somehow. But yeah, the clones "realize" they are clones, and that their purpose is to serve the Republic.

Jayspawn
06-16-2003, 10:00 AM
Yes the Clones know.

JediTricks
06-16-2003, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by stillakid
I think a better question is if they are all clones in every way, wouldn't they all be interested in the same exact girl? It's bad enough to have two different guys fighting over some floozy, but can you imagine an army of the same guy?! :eek: There's the REAL reason for the Clone Wars!

Of course the solution is to create a Clone Pleasure Wing on Kamino...if you know what I mean. Can you imagine, a million Victoria Silvstedts! :Pirate: Actually, it'd probably be easier to simply delete sexuality from their genetic makeup, castrate them before they're even born.

jedi master sal
06-17-2003, 03:33 PM
Yeoouchhh!

Did you have to put it so bluntly?....

But deer who have their nads taken off (I'll spare the natural procedure) become Stags. These are the fiercest, strongest deer and protectors of their group.

So that would make sense about the clones that they were "sterilized" (not just hormonely but intelligence-wise as well) it keeps their focus on where it should be. Defending the Republic.

El Chuxter
06-17-2003, 03:40 PM
Hmmm. . . . This is making me think of other things regarding the "alteration" of the Clones.

Do they feel pain in the same way we do? Or are they simply programmed to ignore it?

Could a standard Clone (meaning not an ARC-Trooper) operate in an undercover capacity on a covert mission, or do they lack the personality to pull it off?

Do Clones grieve? Can they admire or loathe a commanding officer?

Will Clones continue to age at twice the normal rate once they leave the Kaminoan facility, or is this the result of a drug or other method that will wear off, causing them to age normally?

jedi master sal
06-17-2003, 03:55 PM
Once removed from the "growing chambers" the effect wears off. So they would grow then at normal rate. However their mental capacity remains the same since this was "hard wired" into their DNA.

It seems that thye could be altered to not feel pain the same way that we do. Whether that be decreased or non existent who's to say? Kaminoans could manipulate the nervous systems to ignore pain or ater pain receptors in the brain as to not recognize the signal.

Emotion could also be "wiped away" although this might be harder under current medical procedures. (Although of course we are taking about a futuristic society where anything that is possible can happen) There is a section in the brain (as with most things) that regulates emotion. People differ from one person to another, hence all kinds of mental disorders (Real life stuff here). If the Kaminoans however are able to isolate that region and block the ability for serveral emotions to take place then it is entirely possible that clones can have virtually no emotions. I think this is more the case, as you wouldn't want emotional Clowns—he he—Clones running around on the battlefield.

JediTricks
06-18-2003, 05:15 PM
I would think emotion and pain are downplayed in the clones, but not entirely deleted. Then again, if they get these traits from the DNA donor, they probably already have their emotions and pain reception facilities downplayed since the donor was a steel-nerved bounty hunter. I think they have to have pain to function properly, pain lets you know when something is wrong; and I think they have to have some level of emotion in order to feel driven to protect the Republic and also to ensure a sense of individualism (this is how they stand out from Battle Droids, remember).

I would think a standard clone would be unable to handle an undercover mission because the myriad of real-world details required just to pass as a non-clone would be staggering, also their obedient nature would hamper a will to blend into the enemy's group while still maintaining their allegiances.

Darkross
06-20-2003, 10:53 AM
Well....considering that they all look alike and that they would know about the birds and the bees by now...they would soon realize that it would be impossible for there to be so many of them that would look alike if they were all brothers. Not to mention that they are completely surrounded by Kaminoans...noted for being cloners and all of the cloning chambers are viewable from their training facilities. Clones can think creatively...so someone must have figured it out and told the other clones. Maybe the Kaminoans told them...not like they could hide it from them if they wanted to.

stillakid
06-20-2003, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by JediTricks
I would think a standard clone would be unable to handle an undercover mission because the myriad of real-world details required just to pass as a non-clone would be staggering, also their obedient nature would hamper a will to blend into the enemy's group while still maintaining their allegiances.

This is jumping ahead a bit, but it seems that the Empire relies on brute force more than finesse. Undercover operations don't seem to be part of their mode of operation so much as allowing fear and sheer volumes of "troopers" (Clones or Stormies) to take care of any problems. Sheer conjecture of course, but maybe Palpatine never bothered to order any kind of genetic filtering occur which might impede the time element in favor of just having the Kamino's churn out as many Clones as possible.