PDA

View Full Version : target sale

yngadult
06-12-2003, 06:53 PM
FYI:

Yesterday, I found Jango's slave I on sale for 50% off at a local Target in CA. I went to several others; two had it for 25% off and another was still at full price.

The T16 was also on sale; 50% in one store and 25% in the others.

Mandalorian Candidat
12-11-2003, 05:45 PM
Thought I'd keep this oft-posted to thread going. :rolleyes: Found some more Lego sets clearanced this week. TIE Bomber is around $21 and Jabba's Prize (the one with Carbonite Han) is around $4.50. The prices may vary store to store depending on the whim of the clearancer (a poster on rebelscum.com says they found the Bomber for $22).

The AT-AT is now permanently reduced to $79.99.

If you've seen other Lego clearances please let the rest of us know. Thanks :)

bobafrett
12-12-2003, 12:39 AM
I know KB stores in my area have had some of the final duel sets on clearance. I picked up final duel II (the one with Luke, Imperial officer, and a Stormtrooper) 3 for $10. I've picked up several to build my officers and Stormtroopers. I also make larger sets, as I have built a larger throne room for Luke and Vader to duel in. I'vealso made the hallway where Luke is cuffed and brought before Vader in ROTJ, and lined the path with officers and Stormtroopers.

The final duel I with Vader and Emperor was going for $4.99 each. KB has also had some of the Technic sets on sale such as Jango, Vader, Super destroyer droids, and Stormtroopers.

Mandalorian Candidat
12-12-2003, 10:54 AM
I know KB stores in my area have had some of the final duel sets on clearance. I picked up final duel II (the one with Luke, Imperial officer, and a Stormtrooper) 3 for $10. I've picked up several to build my officers and Stormtroopers. I also make larger sets, as I have built a larger throne room for Luke and Vader to duel in. I'vealso made the hallway where Luke is cuffed and brought before Vader in ROTJ, and lined the path with officers and Stormtroopers.

The final duel I with Vader and Emperor was going for $4.99 each. KB has also had some of the Technic sets on sale such as Jango, Vader, Super destroyer droids, and Stormtroopers.

Yeah, it's a pretty good sale. I also got an extra set of the Luke, Stormie, Imp Officer so I could make a larger throne room. However I filled it with all the figures (minus an extra Luke) so it's more crowded than a family reunion.

I don't get why the FD II set is cheaper than FD I. Maybe they have tons more of them...I dunno.

bobafrett
12-12-2003, 01:36 PM
Yeah, it's a pretty good sale. I also got an extra set of the Luke, Stormie, Imp Officer so I could make a larger throne room. However I filled it with all the figures (minus an extra Luke) so it's more crowded than a family reunion.

I don't get why the FD II set is cheaper than FD I. Maybe they have tons more of them...I dunno.

That seemed to be the case at the stores I went to. They had about 4 FD II's for every FD I. I used some of the extra archways to build the corridor to the trash compactor/ prison cells. I converted two of the stormtroopers into Han and Luke, and had them doing battle with a few Stormtroopers and Imperial officers. I want to go back and get some more FDII I just hate shopping at the malls this time of year.

Mandalorian Candidat
12-12-2003, 01:57 PM
That seemed to be the case at the stores I went to. They had about 4 FD II's for every FD I. I used some of the extra archways to build the corridor to the trash compactor/ prison cells. I converted two of the stormtroopers into Han and Luke, and had them doing battle with a few Stormtroopers and Imperial officers. I want to go back and get some more FDII I just hate shopping at the malls this time of year.

I had the very same thought about doing a Luke and Han Stormie. Now I just need a Chewie and Leia to complete a detention block scene. Maybe you can get an extra DV helmet and carve out the faceplate to make a DS Officer helmet. Swapping the happy, smiley faces of the Imp offs with more serious heads with butt-kicking expressions would make them less laughable, IMO.

Do your Stormies have French-looking mustaches? You know that black stripe on the helmet that goes right across the nose? In the pictures on the box it is one solid band but on all of my stormies there is one band on each side of the helmet that wasn't connected. Hence, they look like they have David Niven mustaches.

bobafrett
12-12-2003, 04:08 PM
I had the very same thought about doing a Luke and Han Stormie. Now I just need a Chewie and Leia to complete a detention block scene. Maybe you can get an extra DV helmet and carve out the faceplate to make a DS Officer helmet. Swapping the happy, smiley faces of the Imp offs with more serious heads with butt-kicking expressions would make them less laughable, IMO.

Do your Stormies have French-looking mustaches? You know that black stripe on the helmet that goes right across the nose? In the pictures on the box it is one solid band but on all of my stormies there is one band on each side of the helmet that wasn't connected. Hence, they look like they have David Niven mustaches.

Yeah the stormies have the same split mustache look. I thought about repainting the stripes all together, and swapping out the yellow cylinder blank faced heads with some black colored ones since we don't see the face anyway, and there is a gap between the body and the head. If you notice both Luke and Han in the movies had a black piece that covered the neck. the yellow stands out to much, especially if you turn the troopers helmet to the side. I took the Leia from the Falcon and placed her in the detention block corridor, now I just need to get another Lego Chewbacca.
I also painted one of the extra sets of Lukes hair that I had dark brown for the Han trooper. I tried to find a set with Han on clearance, but so far, no luck. I'll take pictures when I have an extra minute or two.

bobafrett
12-14-2003, 03:10 AM
Picked up 3 more of the clearance Jedi Duel II to build my ever increasing army of Stormtroopers and Imperial officers. I also found one Jedi Defense I, with hair similar to Hans that they put on the EPI Obi Wan (the hair looks a lot more like Hans than it does EPI Obi-Wan's). I used that hair for the Han Stormy I have.

bobafrett
12-14-2003, 03:49 PM
Okay, here's a link to my photo album with the customs I've made with the extra clearance sets. Not near as good as AC PIN's work, but it's the first time I've done something outside the SW lego instruction booklet.

http://www.printroom.com/ViewAlbum.asp?userid=bobafrett&album_id=165241

Enjoy, leave comments. Keep in mind I only had the pieces that came with the clearance sets.

Mandalorian Candidat
12-17-2003, 02:40 PM
This isn't Target related, but it is a sale so I'll just stick it here. TRU is offering a B1G1 -50% sale this week. In their add they show the AT-TE along with a bunch of other sets, yet in the fine print it says "offer excludes yada, yada, and Star Wars."

Someone in corporate advertising needs a butt-whippin'.

Dr Zoltar
12-17-2003, 05:36 PM
This isn't Target related, but it is a sale so I'll just stick it here. TRU is offering a B1G1 -50% sale this week. In their add they show the AT-TE along with a bunch of other sets, yet in the fine print it says "offer excludes yada, yada, and Star Wars."

Someone in corporate advertising needs a butt-whippin'.
K-Mart pulled a similar stunt a little while back. Not on Legos, but on scale model cars. The ad said "All 1:18 scale cars $16" but they would ring up as $24.99. You had to convince the cashier to give you the discount even though the car was pictured in the ad.

Mandalorian Candidat
12-18-2003, 10:45 AM
On another Target-Lego note, they are offerring the Wave 2 MINIs at about $1+ off as a temporary price cut. It could also include Wave 3, but since I have yet to see them at a Target...who knows?

bobafrett
12-30-2003, 02:10 PM
Today I found the Hailfire Droids on sale at my local Target for $34.22. I bought one! Can't wait to get started on it. They also had the first series of mini's on sale for around $2.50 (I think). At any rate they were on sale.

JediTricks
12-31-2003, 02:27 AM
$2.68, and my Target had only 1 AT-ST/Snowspeeder and NO X-wing/DV's TIE sets among a sea of podracers & Slave 1/Jedi Starfighters, so hurry if you want to get those first sets.

bobafrett
12-31-2003, 10:17 AM
$2.68, and my Target had only 1 AT-ST/Snowspeeder and NO X-wing/DV's TIE sets among a sea of podracers & Slave 1/Jedi Starfighters, so hurry if you want to get those first sets.

Yeah, that's probably the price at the store I shopped also. Same selection to. I was hoping for the snowspeeder mini set and the X-Wing.

On a side note, anyone who gets the Lego catalog, they are offering the mini TIE fighter if you buy all four of the wave 3 minis through the catalog. They also have the first 6 or so pages of the new catalog with SW legos featured, and the back two inside pages with the UCS Star Destroyer, and the new UCS Snowspeeder.

Mandalorian Candidat
12-31-2003, 11:11 AM
Yeah, that's probably the price at the store I shopped also. Same selection to. I was hoping for the snowspeeder mini set and the X-Wing.

On a side note, anyone who gets the Lego catalog, they are offering the mini TIE fighter if you buy all four of the wave 3 minis through the catalog. They also have the first 6 or so pages of the new catalog with SW legos featured, and the back two inside pages with the UCS Star Destroyer, and the new UCS Snowspeeder.

I looked yesterday at the MINIs cause I never got the podrace set and want to finish my TIE Bomber and they are all still regular price.

I saw the catalog too and had to laugh. I'm not irked about them offering the MINI TIE but I think it's funny Lego was so adamant about saying there were going to be only X number of TIE sets and now they're providing more. They were pretty cheap to begin with because you can pretty much get any major Lego set and use parts to make it (although maybe with different colors) but it was a good way to promo the new MINI sets.

bobafrett
12-31-2003, 01:16 PM
I looked yesterday at the MINIs cause I never got the podrace set and want to finish my TIE Bomber and they are all still regular price.

I saw the catalog too and had to laugh. I'm not irked about them offering the MINI TIE but I think it's funny Lego was so adamant about saying there were going to be only X number of TIE sets and now they're providing more. They were pretty cheap to begin with because you can pretty much get any major Lego set and use parts to make it (although maybe with different colors) but it was a good way to promo the new MINI sets.

Well, from the best I can tell, the wave 1 minis just went on clearance yesterday, because I was in their the day before, and they still had them at regular price. I noticed, only because I have been waiting for the Hailfire droid to come down, and it did also. Perhaps your store just hasn't gotten around to marking them down yet.

Yeah, I thought it was funny about the mini TIE fighter too. I mean I was trying, and did manage to get mine through some online offer I think it was through the fan club, or some other offer. Now here they are offering it, and there doesn't seem to be a limit, like say to the first 5,000 customers. Your right about promoting the wave 3 minis though, since they don't come with the parts to make a bonus ship if you get all 4 sets.

JediTricks
01-01-2004, 09:22 PM
I don't remember Lego saying there were a limited number of MINI TIEs, I remember them giving away a set number through the official SW site, the official SW fan club, and a few other places, but when asked about how to get 'em in general, they said they were making a LOT of them. They've been giving them away at conventions and through their stores and all sorts of creative ways.

BFett88
01-05-2004, 02:36 PM
I just picked up the AT TE for 41.98 it was the last one. I got it at my nearest Target. They still had the Hailfire droid at 30% off, but they had about 20 of them, Im going to wait and see if they go 50%, and if they do I'll get one.

Mandalorian Candidat
01-07-2004, 07:36 PM
I just picked up the AT TE for 41.98 it was the last one. I got it at my nearest Target. They still had the Hailfire droid at 30% off, but they had about 20 of them, Im going to wait and see if they go 50%, and if they do I'll get one.

My Target finally clearance all the MINIs (except for wave 3 I think) so I got the podrace set (more for the TIE/B parts) for <$2. Got the AT-TE for $30 and the AT-AT for $50 on clearance. :)

ACPin
01-07-2004, 10:30 PM
My Target finally clearance all the MINIs (except for wave 3 I think) so I got the podrace set (more for the TIE/B parts) for <$2. Got the AT-TE for $30 and the AT-AT for $50 on clearance. :)
Same sale prices at the Target near me and since there wasn't much left, I had to get an AT-AT and AT-TE before they totally disappear. On the other hand if they mark them down further and there's some left, I'd probably clean them out! :crazed:

BFett88
01-08-2004, 11:43 AM
I went back and the AT TE was gone. But I got the Haifire droid for 20 great price if you ask me. I already have the AT AT but it seems that it did not go clearence at my store.

ACPin
01-13-2004, 11:05 PM
I went back and the AT TE was gone. But I got the Haifire droid for 20 great price if you ask me. I already have the AT AT but it seems that it did not go clearence at my store.
Kinda strange as I've gone to a couple of Target stores that never had the AT-AT on clearance as well. No more AT-ATs or AT-TEs from the store that I got them at half-off.

Mandalorian Candidat
01-15-2004, 01:22 PM
Finally managed to get the AT-TE for $15 and AT-AT for $25. :D

JediTricks
01-15-2004, 09:29 PM
I bought a Jabba's Prize for $1.78, and AT-TE last night for $14.48. There were 2 AT-TEs, both boxes had been mangled enough to get pieces out, so I was fairly sure that either one would only be good for parts since a bag or a loose large plate would be missing. Then I had to decide which one I wanted, one box had slightly less of a tear and it was at the top, but that side's tape had been cut; the other box had all its tape, but a slightly larger rip at the bottom of the box - I eventually ended up with the box that had the cut tape which I thought was foolish even though I didn't really think it through, or I would have realized that a tear on the bottom would lend itself to having parts drop out more. Within 15 seconds of putting the other box down, someone came by and snagged it. I almost bought one of the dozen or so Technic Hailfire Droids for $12.28, but since I already have it and my Technic needs have slowed down quite a bit, I passed at the last possible moment.

Getting home, my eyes were killing me from computer eyestrain, so I sat down in the living room and unloaded the AT-TE's contents and proceeded to build mainly to see what was missing. At nearly every step, I worried that the build would come to an end due to missing parts since Target gave me no bag and when I got home, I found a plate weasling its way out of the tear. But eventually, the set completed and I was left with 4 or 5 extra pieces, so I slapped the stickers on and was happily surprised at the finished toy, which has so far been a bit of a problem finding space for, it's currently clinging to the side of a Gundam box.

The set is so much cooler and more clever than I expected - I didn't really like the AT-TE design all that much in the films so I didn't want this set originally - that now I wish I had bought the other one as well since there's not a lot of likelihood that I'm going to end up using this one for parts. :D

Mandalorian Candidat
01-16-2004, 07:16 PM
I bought a Jabba's Prize for $1.78, and AT-TE last night for $14.48. There were 2 AT-TEs, both boxes had been mangled enough to get pieces out, so I was fairly sure that either one would only be good for parts since a bag or a loose large plate would be missing. Then I had to decide which one I wanted, one box had slightly less of a tear and it was at the top, but that side's tape had been cut; the other box had all its tape, but a slightly larger rip at the bottom of the box - I eventually ended up with the box that had the cut tape which I thought was foolish even though I didn't really think it through, or I would have realized that a tear on the bottom would lend itself to having parts drop out more. Within 15 seconds of putting the other box down, someone came by and snagged it. I almost bought one of the dozen or so Technic Hailfire Droids for $12.28, but since I already have it and my Technic needs have slowed down quite a bit, I passed at the last possible moment.

Getting home, my eyes were killing me from computer eyestrain, so I sat down in the living room and unloaded the AT-TE's contents and proceeded to build mainly to see what was missing. At nearly every step, I worried that the build would come to an end due to missing parts since Target gave me no bag and when I got home, I found a plate weasling its way out of the tear. But eventually, the set completed and I was left with 4 or 5 extra pieces, so I slapped the stickers on and was happily surprised at the finished toy, which has so far been a bit of a problem finding space for, it's currently clinging to the side of a Gundam box.

The set is so much cooler and more clever than I expected - I didn't really like the AT-TE design all that much in the films so I didn't want this set originally - that now I wish I had bought the other one as well since there's not a lot of likelihood that I'm going to end up using this one for parts. :D

Good post, JT. I probably won't put together either of my new 600+ part sets for awhile due to school projects so I've been wondering how neat they are. I've had the same worry about coming up with a missing bag o'parts but I bet Lego would replace any AWOL stuff if you produce a receipt or even if you just ask.

I also found the Jabba's prize set last night for $1.78 and the TIE Bomber for something like $7.48. I have to admit I wasn't too excited about the TIE/B like I was for Jabba's Palace, so I really got it more for the TIE Fighter Pilot minifig because I never got the regular TIE set.

JediTricks
01-16-2004, 08:12 PM
I got the TIE Bomber for my birthday, it's pretty neat, I dig it. It's a "fun" set without sacrificing much of the look and fits in well with the TIE Fighter and DV's TIE.

I don't think Lego will replace an entire bag of parts for free, especially if you show them a receipt with a clearance price on it. ;) In general, the parts bags stay in the box better than the loose plates, at least that's how I've always found it.