PDA

View Full Version : Question on Pricing

Darth Shifty
06-13-2003, 10:47 AM
I'm sure this question has been asked many times on the boards, but I wasn't able to find anything.

Where can I find an up to date price guide online for the Kenner vintage figures? I have two ESB Yoda's MOC that I would like to price. The first is a 47 back Yoda with brown snake with the 4-Lom offer and the other is a 32 back Yoda with orange snake. Both are in C-9 condition. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Vortex
06-13-2003, 11:20 AM
I use Lee's Action Figure Toy Review. They have a price guide in the back that's about a middle of the road for prices. And has a listing and price for everything.

You can pick this up at any barnes and noble or usually any bookstore.

It comes out once a month and is about 6 bucks.

stillakid
06-13-2003, 11:34 AM
I look on Ebay to see if any are actually selling and for how much. "Listed" prices are pointless if nobody will buy it in the first place. That's not to say you can't ask people to pay $200 bucks for a MOC ESB Yoda, but good luck getting it if the market isn't there.

So, check Ebay first. :)

Vortex
06-13-2003, 11:44 AM
Hate to disagree, but you want average price, not over inflated price.

There's no guarentee with Ebay that there's no price fixing. In the toy world...antique shows, comic shops, etc. Use Lee's as a reference since its an average.

If you want to charge more, that's your bag...but most buyers and bulk of collectors use Lee's as a reference....idiots use ebay and pay over average price.

Darth Shifty
06-13-2003, 02:42 PM
Stillakid - I've been looking on ebay recently for a frame of reference, but I haven't seen many Yoda's up for sale.

Tjovonovich - Thanks for the advice, I'll try to pick up a copy when I'm near my comic book store. Do you happen to have a copy near you? If so, could you look up the prices listed for my two figures?

Thanks again!

Vortex
06-13-2003, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Darth Shifty

Do you happen to have a copy near you? If so, could you look up the prices listed for my two figures?

I was just thumbing through it this morning looking at POTF coin collection prices...my comic shop bought out a collection and the owner is selling me the carded and loose items 20% below "list" price since I'm a regular.

But I'll fire off prices tonight.