PDA

View Full Version : 3 3/4" Han with Taun-Taun Price

Dr Zoltar
06-13-2003, 12:11 PM
Does anyone have a guess what this item is valued at? I found one at a local collectable store but they want $95 for it. I can always put it on my credit card, but wanted to make sure the price was comparable to other places across the US.

Any input would be helpful except "its value is whatever you're willing to pay for it." I've already heard that one. :rolleyes:

jpak001
06-13-2003, 12:27 PM
That thing's been going for around $100 bucks for years. There was short time when it became really hot, a dealer begged me to sell mine to him for $100!!

But it appears that $100 is about the current collector market price as far as I can tell.

OC47150
06-13-2003, 02:12 PM
I paid $35 for mine at the flea market several years ago. I only saw it once in the store, and someone had swapped Han Hoth figures.

Turbowars
06-22-2003, 11:07 AM
I can't believe this set goes for 100 bucks. It's really not that great. But I guess as collectors we need it to complete the line. I got really lucky back in the day and scored that wave with Luke and Wampa. There were 2 of each and my wife at the time convinced me to only buy one of each. Man, now I know why we got a divorce, LOL. Anyways I'd check around a bit longer. Look on e-bay, sometimes you get a deal. Try to find one that ends real late at night or real early in the morning. There tends to be less bids around those times. In the other hand, if you want it get it. Things are dropping. I just got a MINT POTJ mex 4 pack off e-bay for 39.99 and they were going for 75-100 about 3 months ago.

sith_killer_99
06-22-2003, 12:01 PM
Yep, there's a set on ebay right now (Luke/Taun-Taun and Han/Taun-Taun). Just go to search and type han tauntaun.

Dr Zoltar
06-23-2003, 01:08 PM
Thanks for the advice. I went back to the collector's shop but just couldn't find it within me to drop $95 on this set. It's too much above retail that I figured I could live without it.

Dark Marble
06-25-2003, 03:29 PM
Just pick up the saga Han Solo Hoth figure and buy the hoth 4 pk when it come out. That way you will have a Han/Taun Taun that is only around $25, and probably better than the set. I got the POTF2 set for $60 a few years ago, and I have already kicked of the old Han figure for the new saga figure and it looks great!!

jobi
07-02-2003, 05:57 PM
I bught one at retail years ago, but I traded it for my TF Vader.