PDA

View Full Version : A-ha! The glove's on the other hand now. Isn't it, Luke?!

JEDIpartner
06-13-2003, 01:37 PM
Interesting factoid regarding the new Luke Skywalker: Throne Room Duel. The gloved hand is the left one as opposed to the right one. Many people are starting to recieve their shipments and noticing the error. Will Hasblah fix this or will this sad regard to detail continue?

Look Here! (http://systems.figures.com/database/index.html?page=pic&sdomid=5&spicid=51552&pic_width=799&pic_height=865)

INDIANA
06-13-2003, 03:08 PM
Yet another testament to Quality being job 1......hundred and seventy-six at Hasblows.

The really sad part is we ***** and ***** but no one does anything about it. What can ALL of us do to show Hasblow that we really are tired of all thier crap.

We just keep complaining and buying more figures......

Dar Basra
06-13-2003, 04:35 PM
The loose figure photos that Hasbro has on its website show the correct gloved hand.

http://www.starwars.hasbro.com/common/images/products/84977_imageMain400.jpg

Think someone might have opened theirs, switched the hands, closed it up and took a photo? Maybe trying to make the "ultra rare wrong glove" edition?

JEDIpartner
06-13-2003, 04:54 PM
The one on the Hasblah site is a hand-painted sample. It's not a production line figure. As for someone switching up the hands, I'd love to say that's the case, but this is the image from SSG and there are a few others that aren't SSG images that show the error.

BTW... a right hand is a right hand no matter which arm it's on... ;)

Mandalorian Candidat
06-13-2003, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
BTW... a right hand is a right hand no matter which arm it's on... ;)

Remind me to never use your surgeon if I need a body part reattached. :D

Right or left hand painted, it won't matter at all. It'll never make it to the stores.

JEDIpartner
06-13-2003, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat
Remind me to never use your surgeon if I need a body part reattached. :D

Well... if you take a severed right hand and put it on a left arm... the thumb and all the fingers are all still in the position of a right hand... so it's still a right hand but on a left arm... JEEZ-- get it right! ;)

Anyhow, yeah... no stores in my area anyhow...

InsaneJediGirl
06-13-2003, 09:15 PM
I doubt it will change.Quite funny since the picture on the front of the package clearly shows it is on the other hand:rolleyes:

bobafrett
06-14-2003, 01:55 AM
At least it's not on the other foot...............bah dum, ding.

plasticfetish
06-14-2003, 03:36 AM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
Interesting factoid regarding the new Luke Skywalker: Throne Room Duel. The gloved hand is the left ...
This is thread #3 for this topic ... here's some photos over here (near the bottom) ...
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=19113&perpage=15&pagenumber=4
... if you say that people are getting their figures shipped like that and it's not just production samples that are turning up, I'd say that what we've got is a lovely mess coming our way. Might either be worth it to buy him because of the lame error or it may just be another good reason to take a passaroonie on this figure.

bobafrett
06-14-2003, 01:03 PM
I have the Power of the Force speeder bike, with the package photo shows Luke with two bare hands, and the second box has the photo corrected to show his right hand gloved. Both the figures are gloved correctly though. I have mine preordered through EE, so whatever one I get, will be the one I get.

LTBasker
06-14-2003, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by InsaneJediGirl
I doubt it will change.Quite funny since the picture on the front of the package clearly shows it is on the other hand:rolleyes:

Just shows even with reference material they still can't get it right as alot of their Jedi have left handed saber stances whereas they're normally right handed. ;)

bobafrett
06-14-2003, 01:48 PM
Aren't these figures made overseas? That could explain things, they have low wage workers painting these figures, and they probably have one person who's responsibility it is to paint the glove on, and he does the left hand black, then it goes on and on, and pretty soon they have 10,000 Throne room Lukes with the left hand painted...........or maybe the guy says, "I get back at those Star Wars collectors, I paint wrong hand, and watch them go crazy".

JEDIpartner
06-16-2003, 12:41 PM
Hahahahaha... the way you wrote that makes me think it may be one of Margaret Cho's relatives working in that factory!!! :D

Skywalker3319
06-30-2003, 04:08 PM
I just picked one up at a local K-B toys, and yes, the glove is on the wrong hand. Im really loosing faith in Hasbro, they're royaly f**king up, and its ****ing me off. Is this gonna be a variant? JARJAR HELP!! :cry:

Thanks All

Beast
06-30-2003, 04:35 PM
I bet they'll end up issuing a correction. They have for things like this in the past. I'm just suprised it slipped out through the quality control. Sure we joke about them a lot, but this is a major gaffe. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JangoFart
06-30-2003, 05:16 PM
You folks are making the assumption that this is completely accidental. I don't think for a second that something this major would be accidental. Hasbro knows that if it does something like this to a major figure it will have buyers snatching up the mess up, as well as getting the final corrected version. Two sales for the price of one "mistake." Maybe 3 or more if you get some folks who kept up with all the different Bespin Lukes.

I just don't think for a second these kind of errors are anything other than intentional actions by Hasbro to sell more figures. Not that this is a terrible thing - I actually like the major variations. (Bloody Luke, wrong-hand Luke, etc.) I have my wrong-hand Luke already and will get the corrected one too, whenever it comes out.

J

JEDIpartner
07-01-2003, 10:11 AM
It's just the innate carelessness of Hasblah... shouldn't we be used to this by now? *sigh* :(

Skywalker3319
07-15-2003, 01:40 PM
I think its carelessness, I mean yeah, variations are cool, but at least get the first version of the figure right,ya know? Honestly hasbro, your loosing faith in your products, so you better pull out some big s**t for next year, or Im just gonna say to hell with it. Thanks Jar Jar for your help, you are the most knowledgeable one, so I just had to come to you with my questions. Do you honestly think theyll change him up?? :confused: :confused:

Thanks All

Turbowars
07-15-2003, 02:00 PM
Thanks Jar Jar for your help, you are the most knowledgeable one, so I just had to come to you with my questions. Do you honestly think theyll change him up?? :confused: :confused:

Thanks AllLOL enlighten us all JarJar :) There was many more of these variants in the POTF2 line. Hasbro has done a pretty good job with keeping these errors or variations to a minium. I personally like these variants. I love when they bother to correct the figure in the last run. It's hard to say if Hasbro will correct it. I'll say we have a 50/50 chance, LOL

Skywalker3319
07-30-2003, 11:12 PM
I just hope they change it. Its a good enough Jedi Luke for me, and if the change it up, then itll make me very happy. I hope they do, if any news about it comes up, please please respond to this!! Thanks everybody!!

:happy: :happy:

Beast
07-30-2003, 11:22 PM
They already said at the Comic Con that the corrected version is coming. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Banthaholic
07-30-2003, 11:26 PM
Yup, I remember reading on GH that they plan on releasing the correct version. Hopefully it'll be soon, or maybe with 'brown' coat Han

Skywalker3319
07-31-2003, 11:44 AM
Jar Jar, pullin thru for me in the clutch! Thank you so much for that info, it makes my day, lol. Cant wait till they start hitting the stores. THANKS MASTER JAR JAR, lol. Take it easy, yall...

JEDIpartner
07-31-2003, 11:57 AM
:rolleyes:

Beast
08-01-2003, 11:09 AM
Start checking the stores, folks. According to Galactic Hunter the Luke: Jedi (Throne Room Duel) figure is shipping now with the corrected black glove. Good luck folks. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

TheDarthVader
08-14-2003, 05:37 PM
Found the corrected luke today at target along with BLUE coat Han Solo. My question is...do yall (I'm from Texas, yes) think I should buy the error version because I have not found it yet?? Right now I could get it for $6-10. IF anyone has two error versions, I will trade them one of my corrected versions for it. I agree with JangoFart...hasbro does this purposely. Let me know what yall think...should I buy the error now or wait to see if another store like WM gets it after their "reset"? Thanks! ;)

plasticfetish
08-14-2003, 07:53 PM
Let me know what yall think...
It's so hard to say. If you really care about the error version, then yeah sure ... buy it. I've seen only the corrected version showing up in the past week, so perhaps the error Luke is going away. But, you never know if a ton of them will turn up at KB or something in a month or so.

TheDarthVader
08-14-2003, 10:30 PM
Thanks. I believe you are right...and I don't care about variations...not usually. Now, I have stumbled across the R2-D2 droid flight variation with the grey "eye" instead of silver (silver=earlier version) and I bought it. And I did find the green missle/jump suit Fett so I bought it...even though I have the blue one...but I will wait to find the Luke and if I never find it... OH WELL! ;) Thanks plasticfetish

yngadult
08-15-2003, 04:51 PM
There are so many opportunities to correct the error along the production process, it's unfortunate that this wasn't done.
Better QC is in order.

Skywalker3319
08-18-2003, 08:10 AM
Ive got both of the Jedi Lukes, both mint on card, and both in star cases. If I see anymore,Ill pick um up again. I really do like this figure, its really really cool. But then again,I am a box collector, so everything I own is in the packaging. But still, I do like this Jedi Luke, its cool, and I cant wait for the next one to come out.