PDA

View Full Version : Unleashed Wave 7 News!!??

Beast
06-13-2003, 03:54 PM
According to Snowtroopers.ca, the last series of Unleashed for this year have been confirmed. Of course this could be wrong, but atleast one of the figures was previously rumored to be coming. And we're getting a CloneTrooper as well. So hopefully the news is correct. And maybe we'll get a Stormie in 2004. :)

Last Unleashed figures for 2003
Koda June 3rd 2003

Steve from Legends Action Figures let us know what they were told will be the final Unleashed figures for this year:

"Here is what's coming for the last series of Unleashed figures for this year. That being series 7 will include: Clonetrooper, Chewbacca & Luke X-Wing Pilot. This should be out in time for the holidays. . The source we got that information from is our Hasbro rep!"

Of course there is no guarantee they will hit Canadian retail, but there will still be other sources to obtain them.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JEDIpartner
06-13-2003, 03:58 PM
Hmmm... I could go for the Clone Trooper. The more I'm seeing the Clone Troopers, the more I like them.

bobafrett
06-13-2003, 04:12 PM
Looks like folks will get the Chewbacca they wanted, but a Clone trooper over a Stormtrooper? That makes no sense! If the armor doesn't fit, we must a quit, a quit making clone troopers that is.

Beast
06-13-2003, 04:16 PM
Well, the majority of the unleashed have been E2 figures. So the CloneTroopers seem to fit better then Stormies. I'm sure we'll see a Stormie next year, as the lines move back to including more Classic in the mix. Although next year has a strong focus on ROTJ, according to what we've heard so far. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

bobafrett
06-13-2003, 04:23 PM
There were Stormtroopers in ROTJ! (smiles) I like the clone troopers, but I love the Stormtroopers as they worked for the Empire. I just got wave 5 of the unleashed last week, and I'm going to order wave 6 with Han, Yoda, and Boba Fett as soon as I get paid.

tagmac
06-13-2003, 07:58 PM
I think Chewie has the potential to be the best figure of the line! Can't wait to finally see it!

mini-rock
06-13-2003, 08:27 PM
Cool! 6 more figures for the year. I'm glad we are finally getting a Clonetrooper. Chewie will be great, and another Luke? Eh! Oh well, I'm sure it will be cool too. As for the Stormie I wonder what pose we will get? Falling over other Stormies or with shin guard armor falling off? Or maybe banging head Stormie. Oh yeah, let's not forget Stormies running from the bad man with the big gun :p. Of course that would be more like a box set.

Thanks for the news JJB.:)

jpak001
06-13-2003, 09:17 PM
I'm sure they will be great figures, all the previous waves have been so far!

I wonder though, why the X-wing luke? I could see them doing him (and he probably will look awesome), but only after doing other requested characters. Kinda the same thing w/no helmet Vader.... Why do duplicate characters so early in the line? I would much rather see a stormy, or the rest of the bounty hunters before another Vader or Luke.

Still though, I'll be looking forward to seeing this wave with baited breath. I'll bet that Chewy is going to be so awesome!!

Gonk 1979
06-14-2003, 02:47 AM
2 out of the 3 I predicted for the new series (clonetrooper and chewie), but I'm not understanding the X Wing Luke. Would he be in the cockpit? I think they went with the clonetrooper over the stormie because they are trying to keep a balance between prequels and classic, and with Chewie and X Wing Luke they would need to throw a prequel character in. I don't agree with the earlier post that said that most of the Unleashed have been Prequels. Out of the 15 out now there are 8 prequel and 7 classic, and if you include the Chewie wave they will be equal at 9 apiece!

mini-rock
06-14-2003, 03:17 AM
Well what's currently out now are 7 prequel characters and 4 classic characters. Of the 4 classic 2 are the same character (Vader) so really you have 3 different classic characters, and 4 classic "figures." Also it depends on whether you count Sideous in the classic catagory or prequel. While the figure is clearly from ROTJ, the fact that it has the name "Sideous" on the package suggests prequel. It could go either way I guess. Anyway, I try not to think of it as prequel or classic. I'm just happy to be getting more Unleashed figures. Yes, even Luke in X-Wing gear. It will be interesting to see how that one is done. I'm sure Chewie will be the best of the wave with his fur flowing every which way, and the Clonetrooper could be just a simple standing at attention pose with it's rifle and still look bad ***.:)

Beast
06-14-2003, 03:20 AM
Actually, re-read what I said. I said the majority of the figures were E2 figures. Not prequel figures. :)

The Phantom Menace:
Darth Maul

Attack of the Clones:
Anakin Skywalker
Darth Tyranus
Jango Fett & Boba Fett
Mace Windu
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Padme Amidala
Yoda

A New Hope:
Han Solo

Empire Strikes Back:
Darth Vader

Return of the Jedi:
Princess Leia
Boba Fett
Darth Sidious
Darth Vader (with Removable Mask)
Luke Skywalker

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
06-14-2003, 03:35 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Return of the Jedi:
Princess Leia
Boba Fett
Darth Sidious
Darth Vader (with Removable Mask)
Luke Skywalker

I don't think Vader really counts.. Sure he's unmasked but he's also in his meditation chamber, which was only seen in ESB. So meaning he's either ESB: EU or just plain ol' EU.

Beast
06-14-2003, 03:46 AM
Originally posted by LTBasker
I don't think Vader really counts.. Sure he's unmasked but he's also in his meditation chamber, which was only seen in ESB. So meaning he's either ESB: EU or just plain ol' EU.
True, he was hard to place. I had him originally in ESB, like SSG's archives lists him. But the revelation of the face really happens in ROTJ. That's why I went with that. Since the face is sculpted to look like Sebastian Shaw. But definatly a good point, I would also place it in ESB: EU. Since quite a few of the figures are like, EU images from the actual movies. But my point is still proven, that the majority of the figures are E2 so far. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Gonk 1979
06-15-2003, 02:54 AM
Originally posted by mini-rock
Well what's currently out now are 7 prequel characters and 4 classic characters. Of the 4 classic 2 are the same character (Vader) so really you have 3 different classic characters, and 4 classic "figures." Also it depends on whether you count Sideous in the classic catagory or prequel. While the figure is clearly from ROTJ, the fact that it has the name "Sideous" on the package suggests prequel. It could go either way I guess. Anyway, I try not to think of it as prequel or classic. I'm just happy to be getting more Unleashed figures. Yes, even Luke in X-Wing gear. It will be interesting to see how that one is done. I'm sure Chewie will be the best of the wave with his fur flowing every which way, and the Clonetrooper could be just a simple standing at attention pose with it's rifle and still look bad ***.:)

actually, there are 5 Classic characters out now, 4 if you count Vader only once...

Classic Unleashed:
Leia
Emperor
Vader X 2
Luke

The Emperor figure is actually ROTJ and is labeled as such by SSG.

Brainiak76
06-15-2003, 03:55 AM
yeah that would have been nice if we got more charcters b4 they started repaeating some! But what can you do!

Lookin forward to the clone trooper!

mini-rock
06-15-2003, 04:32 AM
Originally posted by Gonk 1979
actually, there are 5 Classic characters out now, 4 if you count Vader only once...

Classic Unleashed:
Leia
Emperor
Vader X 2
Luke

The Emperor figure is actually ROTJ and is labeled as such by SSG.

LOL! Yeah, I agree (others may not regardless of what SSG says) but that was why I had said depending where you want to put him. Anyway, it doesn't matter since we both misinterpreted JJB's post, and he has now shown us the light.;)

I tell you what though all 12 of the Unleashed sure do look damn good in my glass display case. Man I can't wait to get my hands on the next 3.:)

DravenUnleashed
06-15-2003, 06:01 PM
I would be more excited but Im not liking the action visuals theyre puttin on now... I can only imagine how messed up Chewies gonna look..

Tycho
06-16-2003, 03:06 AM
Just a thought back to X-wing Luke (and I can't wait to see Chewbacca, btw!):

Luke could really be snowspeeder Luke, diving out of the AT-AT's crushing footstep!

Or he could be hanging from under the AT-AT, with his lightsaber out!

Pointing his gun at the swamp bog monster might be slightly boring, as he didn't even fire a shot during that scene on Dagobah.

But X-wing Luke?

ANH - unless he's in the cockpit, not too exciting.

ROTJ - same deal, but even less exciting.

ITS GOTTA BE LUKE FROM EMPIRE STRIKES BACK - so it's more likely that PILOT Luke would have a shot at this.

What do you all think?

(I also think Chewie could be tossing some stormtroopers in his unleashed, getting stormies in 1x already!)

mini-rock
06-16-2003, 04:04 AM
Yeah I was thinking it would be Luke from ESB aiming his gun at the swampy monster. While I do not think this would make a very exciting figure, I do have faith in the Unleashed line based on the kick *** figures that have been released all ready.:)

Tycho
06-16-2003, 02:23 PM
I hope it is something to do with the AT-AT and the Battle of Hoth though.

I mean here's a chance to get DEAD DAK UNLEASHED!

I don't want to miss that!

I think the whole snowspeeder would be too large to Unleash, but what do you guys think if they change the size of the Unleashed?

That is, not the size of the overall statue, but the size of the characters in that statue?

This is not to say that they couldn't do a section of Luke's snowspeeder cockpit with Dead Dak, and Luke diving clear of PART of an AT-AT's footstomp, (and that would look so cool!), but I hope they never change the size of the Unleashed! That's for sure.

I've made the snowspeeder scene with my 3 3/4" figures already, so I'd want it at a larger scale.

I also think Luke hanging under the AT-AT with his lightsaber would be cool! A classic hero Jedi in action!

Meanwhile, it also could come from Ralph McQuarrie's concept art, where Luke dueled with Vader on Cloud City while in his pilot's uniform. While more exciting than Luke trying to aim at the swamp monster, I hope it's not this figure either.

The AT-AT is where it's at!

mini-rock
06-16-2003, 02:32 PM
If you are talking about something the size of McFarlanes "Neo in the Chateau" box set from The Matrix I'm all for it. I'd love to see Hasbro make larger pieces like that for the Unleashed line. I'm still hoping one day we will see Anakin standing on top of a pile of 20-30 dead Tusken Raider men, women, & children as he is slicing through the last Raider in the camp.:p