PDA

View Full Version : Are the rereleased saga figures numbered?

Yoda'sMaster
06-13-2003, 05:09 PM
i hang packeged figures on my wall and i dont really wanna buy figures that have already been released just in different packeges so are the rereleased figures numbered? i really dont wanna have a hole in my collection

Beast
06-13-2003, 05:50 PM
Yes, they are:

2002 Re-Issues:
[#54] Rebel Trooper: Tantive IV Defender (Head Sculpt 2)
[#54] Rebel Trooper: Tantive IV Defender (Head Sculpt 3)
[#55] Imperial Officer (Head Sculpt 2)
[#55] Imperial Officer (Head Sculpt 3)
[#56] Eeth Koth: Jedi Master
[#57] Teebo

2003 Re-Issues:
[#20] Jango Fett: Kamino Escape (Saga Jango Repack)
[#21] C-3PO: Tatooine Ambush (Flashback C-3PO Repack)
[#25] Darth Maul: Theed Hanger Duel (POTJ Masters of the Darkside Maul Repack)
[#26] Princess Leia Organa: Imperial Captive (POTF2 Leia (New Likness) Repack)
[#27] Han Solo: Flight to Alderaan (POTF2 Commtech Han Repack)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

El Chuxter
06-13-2003, 05:58 PM
Okay, forgive my ignorance, but why is a Han Solo who's specifically sculpted to do that fiddling on the wall dealio he does in the Cantina called "Flight to Alderaan"? :confused:

And when did Leia, as a prisoner, have her hood up? Wouldn't "Hiding the Secret Plans" or something similar be a better subtitle for that figure?

Beast
06-13-2003, 06:06 PM
I guess because he can also be put in the falcon, and his hand can be positioned over the controls. That's where mine is now, and it looks pretty good.

As for the Leia figure, that figure features her hood down. You're thinking of the Leia: Commtech figure. The one with the cloth lower dress. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

plasticfetish
06-13-2003, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by El Chuxter
Okay ... but why ... And when ...
Shhh ... shhh ... shhh ...
if you stop believing in the magic, then it all just disappears.

Originally posted by JarJarBinks
and his hand can be positioned to finger the controls. That's where mine is now
:sur:

Yoda'sMaster
06-13-2003, 06:16 PM
k thanks guys, i wish they would have just put the rereleases at the end of line even if they come out now they could have given them higher numbers or somthing.

Beast
06-13-2003, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Yoda'sMaster
k thanks guys, i wish they would have just put the rereleases at the end of line even if they come out now they could have given them higher numbers or somthing.
It would have caused a ton of complaints, had they done that. They planned ahead with the commtech chips, and then when the chips were dumped, there was massive gaps in the numbering scheme. So they are trying to avoid that mistake this time. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

droidekas2
06-15-2003, 10:56 AM
Plus completists will be forced to buy the figures that way. They will be short packed too. The only people getting them will be the die hards. Hasbro says they are doing this "so that those that didnt get them the first time around came now get them", yeah right!!

stad
06-15-2003, 05:32 PM
And obviously some people were unable to get them the first time around, because they still have some to sell!!

droidekas2
06-16-2003, 11:44 AM
"And obviously some people were unable to get them the first time around, because they still have some to sell!!"

Or they just start producing more from the old molds, since it saves them money not having to make the tooling for new figures. And if they did overproduce so many that there were so many Han Solos left over, even after the Toys R Us + everyones elses clearance sales, that doesnt mean that they need to reissue it again a few years later. They need to reissue those figures that were under produced and scarce at retail.

Which they could do for R2-B1, Sio Bibble, TC-14, etc. if they were really serious about their reasoning "to get figures out to the people who didnt get them the first time around". I mean, who didnt get the C3-PO, Han, Luke, etc. the first time around. They are not good choices to rerelease.

Its just an attempt to make some easy money on their part, and in doing so putting another nail in the coffin. Animated Batman action figure line anyone??

And I am really not concerned with the person who is "just starting to collect now". Where were they?? Not old enough?? Not enough money?? There are alternative sources to having to get them at retail. Go to collecting sites and look for people to trade with or who are selling their cantina hans, greedos, lukes, etc. because so many were made and they have extras. Most people dont have exrtras to give away or sell cheaply of TC-14, R2-B1, etc. The current Saga figures of this year are hard to find everywhere. There are people begging to be able to purchase them. So what are they doing about it?? Reissuing old crap.

Obviously the line is dying and becoming stagnant. Reissuing common figures is not a way to "refresh and reinvigerate" the line. The way to do it and to make money is to make new figures and most important of all "get them to the people who want them and will spend money for them", mainly us, the "collectors.

We are here, we have been here, and if they use common sense, will remain here, as "their" customers, giving them "our" money.

Sorry for all that. I am just getting disgusted with what Hasbro is doing to my hobby.

jjreason
06-16-2003, 01:53 PM
I agree with much of this. The rerelease of commonly found figures of main characters is money grubbing (which I don't really have fault with - got it already? Don't buy one). Each time a new movie comes out, we have to assume some new 7-8 year old kids are going to catch the wave, and eventually be shown the OT by Mom and Dad. Capitalizing on this by rereleasing some good versions of the main OT characters makes sense.

What doesn't make sense is Hasbro's reasoning - "to give collectors a second chance on hard to get figures". The only ones that seem to fit this bill are the Maul and Vader from the Masters 2 pack, and in some places Teebo. I think the rest were fairly common. There are a number of figures they could really help out by rereleasing - the last wave of EpI, and some of the latter Freeze Frame figures for sure. Maybe "Dear Hasbro" should have a thread there asking for some rereleases? See you there....