PDA

View Full Version : My custom Ephant Mon case

Old Fossil
06-14-2003, 02:34 AM
I am primarily a loose figure collector, but I have a substantial (45) number of carded figures, including Ephant Mon. Finding a case big enough for Ephant has been difficult -- the only one I found online (thanks to a link provided by JangoFart) cost over ten dollars, waaay over my budget.

Recently I ordered some "Protecto-paks" from Adkins Collectibles, who mainly sell Hot Wheels protective cases, but also sell Protecto-paks for Star Wars carded and loose figures. I had gotten some for my carded figures years ago, when Wal-Mart carried them, and I like them better than regular Star Cases, because they are more sturdy, although they are not as clear.

Anyhoo, I got this shipment of a dozen cases in yesterday. I had been thinking about altering one of them to fit Ephant's bubble, and gave it a try today. All I did was cut out a square approximate to the front of Ephant's bubble, using a pair of scissors and following the black marker guide lines I made on the case. It works wonderfully (sorry, no picture), with the bubble only sticking out about a half inch or so.

Now at least the bottom of the card won't stress, and he will display evenly along with the other few Saga figures I have in protective cases. Plus, it keeps the dust off. So, if you've been wondering what to do to protect your precious carded Ephant, I would suggest giving this a try, if you have a spare Star Case or other protective case.

Just wanted to share that...

Thunderstorm1
06-14-2003, 10:41 AM
Sounds like a great Ideal I will have to try that!

Thanks for sharing!

Turbowars
06-14-2003, 02:01 PM
So the bubble is sticking out? Not much of a protective case now is it.

Old Fossil
06-14-2003, 03:04 PM
I hear you, turbo. Mainly I wanted to keep dust off the majority of the bubble and card. Also, it relieves stress on the bottom of the card, which I was afraid would begin to warp under the weight of the figure -- I had it displayed standing up, not hanging from a peg. But if someone were to jab at the bubble from the front, I'd be in trouble. They would, too.;>

Turbowars
06-14-2003, 11:42 PM
Hey 2Dot, I just had a idea. I don't know if this would work with the cases you have, but if you use the Starcase2 and cut the whole front off (leaving the 4 sides) and then slip another SC2 with the back frame cut off, you would have an adjustable case. I like my custom acrylic case, but this might be a better way.

Old Fossil
06-16-2003, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by turbowars
Hey 2Dot, I just had a idea. I don't know if this would work with the cases you have, but if you use the Starcase2 and cut the whole front off (leaving the 4 sides) and then slip another SC2 with the back frame cut off, you would have an adjustable case. I like my custom acrylic case, but this might be a better way.

What's a Starcase2?

mm74md
06-16-2003, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Twodot Tatooine
What's a Starcase2?

They fit some of the larger bubbles like detroyer droids....

http://www.wholesalecases.com/star-wars-supplies.html

mm74md
06-16-2003, 11:32 AM
Hmmm...that site doesn't seem to be working. Another place to see the StarCase2 is

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3134626009

sith_killer_99
08-12-2013, 09:58 PM
So ummm, did anyone ever figure out a solution to this dilemma?

I recently came across my Ephant Mon and he needs a case!