PDA

View Full Version : Neew Palpatine?

pug205
06-14-2003, 05:44 AM
was flicking through a action figure magazine last week and noticed in the star wars section a new 3 3/4" emperor palpatine figure with force lightning. it seemed to be a new sculpt not the flashback figure, anyone else know of this?

Beast
06-14-2003, 06:17 AM
Yeah, it's probably the upcoming Saga figure that was shown at Hasbro's Prvate Toy event back in March. Should be out later this year. Here's a link to Hasbro's picture of the figure. But he looks better in the ones Steve took at Hasbro's Toy Preview. :)

http://starwars.hasbro.com/pl/page.repnews/sec.story/showlg.257/dn/bh.cfm

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

keithfite
06-14-2003, 12:02 PM
Is this supposed to be him as the Emperor or as Sidious. Ive been wondering that. It looks more like the emperor, but I thought this was the saga figure due out in August and I thought Hasbro was calling it Sidious. Dosnt it come in the wave with waitress Droid, night club alien, Luke, Vader, Coleman, and all those. and when you see its name included in those cases, it is called Darth Sidious. So who the hell is it. It looks more like him when he is Emperor, but is called Darth Sidious

I am Jabba the Hutt
06-14-2003, 05:40 PM
Isn't it hard to believe that there are people who think Emperor Palpatine and Darth Sidious are different people?
It's strange, when I watch ROTJ, to me, it's Darth Sidious coming off the shuttle.
Anyways... about this figure, ask Emperor Jargo what he thinks, I read a hilarious post about his point of view of the figure :D
Care to let us in on your thoughts Jargo? :crazed:

Darth Detori
06-14-2003, 06:06 PM
see, the problem with this figure is that he doesn't look angry or spiteful, but an old man who wants his applesauce...

I am Jabba the Hutt
06-14-2003, 06:24 PM
the best Palpatine is the cinema scene one... but he's permanently seated :(

keithfite
06-14-2003, 10:19 PM
I love the cinema scene Emperor. and yes. It is funny how people think Emperor and Sidious are different people. I had to explain this to my 9 year old cousin a while back. Like you I am Jabba the Hutt, I see Sidious now when I watch the original Trilogy. Personally, I like Palpatine When he is Sidious better. He looks cooler and I love his figures. I think this upcoming figure is really cool, it is better than the old emperor figure from POTF 2 in my opinion. Not the flashback that shoots lightning, But just the plain old Emperor figure. This new figure is cool. But something isnt very evil about the Mo Fo. He looks puzzled. And the lightning he comes with is very short. He could only shock someone if they were 2 inches from him. I will deffinately have one. But, I prefer Sidious figures. I hope in episode 3 Sidious whoops someones ***, and they make a figure of that

Bosskman
06-16-2003, 06:21 AM
I'm 99% sure that this Palpy is from when he's thrown over into that shaft. That's why he's got that expression on his face and why the lightning is short. This is a perfect figure to accompany Emperor's wrath Vader.

Beast
06-16-2003, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Bosskman
I'm 99% sure that this Palpy is from when he's thrown over into that shaft. That's why he's got that expression on his face and why the lightning is short. This is a perfect figure to accompany Emperor's wrath Vader.
I took it as being from the moment in between where he's frying Luke with the force lightning. That explains why the lightning is so short. Because it's still dancing across his fingers while he's delivering his speech to Luke. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Rogue II
06-16-2003, 12:53 PM
There is something wierd about this sculpt, but I can't quite place it. It is almost like the hood makes his head too big or something.

Too bad they didn't make a soft goods Emperor that came with a throne.

I am Jabba the Hutt
06-16-2003, 01:07 PM
You're right JarJar, it's exactly the scene where he says "and now young Skywalker.... you will die..." because his face has a look of mock pity. Then his face turns completely evil and he fries Luke.
It's a nice contrast from the POTJ2 figure (easily the best Palpatine) which is the scene where he's talking to Vader after getting off his shuttle.
Now all we need is a neutral, perfect to scale, Darth Vader to walk with him.... oh and some dignitaries :crazed:
What are the odds?

Beast
06-16-2003, 01:12 PM
Use the Commtech Chip Vader to stand next to Palpatine. He's one of the really good tall neutral posed ones. And the two starring Dignitaries are on the way. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Bosskman
06-16-2003, 03:19 PM
Commtech Vader doesn't work for that scene because he's from ANH. (with the inner cape going over his chest plate)

Mandalorian Candidat
06-16-2003, 03:23 PM
The way his hands are sculpted he looks like he's ready to use his walker. If he had a horrified look on his face the sculpt would be perfect for when Vader lifts him up and chucks him down the DS shaft.

plasticfetish
06-16-2003, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Rogue II
There is something wierd about this sculpt, but I can't quite place it. It is almost like the hood makes his head too big or something.
Who was it around here that said it looked more like Gargamel (http://www.smurfs.com/infos/who/31gargam.gif) from the Smurfs?

Rogue II
06-16-2003, 06:16 PM
I think you're right. All he needs are some big red shoes. I'll put that on my "To Do" list right after customizing Djas Puhr into a guy from Blue Man Group.:crazed:

Jaff
06-17-2003, 12:12 PM
Just another unleashed 3 3/4 figures. I don't remember seeing winds blowing Palpy's robes, nor them being as wavy with blow dryer bleeding effect. The Episode I Darth Sideous is still the best fig.