PDA

View Full Version : You aren't alone any more......

CloneTrooperMace
06-14-2003, 04:11 PM
There Here....

CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. -- NASA is trying to identify a small object spotted floating outside the International Space Station Thursday, according to a report.

Astronaut Ed Lu spotted the object outside the window of the U.S. laboratory and took pictures of it, Local 6 News partner Florida Today reported.

Ground controllers are analyzing Lu's photos but don't yet have enough information about the object's direction of travel to determine where it came from.

The object, which has moved out of sight, is likely from the station itself, according to the report.

NASA is reportedly asking U.S. Strategic Command to use its resources to gather more information about the object. Strategic Command was able to track a small object seen floating near Columbia shortly after the shuttle entered orbit on its last mission.

Ground controllers plan to transmit pictures of labels to Lu in hopes he can compare them with the object he saw and possibly identify it. Labels can be roughly the dimensions Lu described.

No unusual events have occurred at the station that might explain the object, according to the report.

Lu and cosmonaut Yuri Malenchenko are in the middle of a six-month stay aboard the station.

They are expected to be relieved in October by another two-man crew, who will fly on a Russian Soyuz to the station.

(Picture will be attached,For story above)

Spooky UFO Encounter In Rural Georgia
UFO investigators are checking out what may someday be called the Mystery at Booger Bottom. That's the unlikely name of a town in Georgia where there was a close encounter of the second kind. In early May, a 50-year-old man, his brother, and his 73-year-old sister-in-law were driving in an SUV through Booger Bottom on their way home to Warm Springs, Georgia. While the car was moving, a red swirling object appeared outside the SUV on the driver's side. Then about 50 round, red objects, all solid lights that were the size of silver dollars, appeared inside the vehicle and scanned the three occupants, reports The Associated Press and The Atlanta Journal Constitution. The lights then vanished. The woman called the police. She called the Georgia Bureau of Investigation. They didn't want to hear her tale.

Are there aliens among us? Find out about recent sightings, learn about Area 51, and see what could be actual alien photos. (http://webcenters.compuserve.com/wmconnect/atplay/content.jsp?file=alien.inc&floc=wm-wnew)

But Olivia Newton and Jim Clifford, UFO investigators with the Mutual UFO Network of Georgia, agreed to listen. AP is quick to point out that the two have seen enough pranks and publicity seekers in their time to be able to discern the difference between a joke and the real thing. This one got their attention. Newton told AP, "They all said it was not of this world. They felt it was intelligent. They felt they had sought them out for the sole purpose of scanning them. Scan. That was the word they used."

While Newton may be the first to admit she believes in UFOs, she is also the first to say that many extraordinary experiences actually have a reasonable cause. Exhibit A: Many people look up in the night sky and mistake the planet Venus for a spaceship. But this Booger Bottom story was unique. And the three witnesses all seemed quite reputable; there was no reason to doubt their account. "We watch for body language, any discrepancies," Newton said. "They looked at us right in the eye and were very forthright. They said, 'Surely you have heard of this before.'" Uh, no. And Newton and Clifford still don't know what it was. There was nothing in the vicinity that might have reflected the light--trains, airplanes, nearby houses. Since the SUV was traveling about 35 mph when the incident occurred, pranksters flashing red pointer lights have also been ruled out.

CloneTrooperMace
06-14-2003, 04:16 PM
A better Picture....

Pendo
06-14-2003, 06:25 PM
I've always been a strong believer in Aliens and UFOs. I just hope that this is the genuine thing and not some hoax. It's very exciting stuff that even NASA don't know what it is :).

PENDO!

mini-rock
06-14-2003, 07:46 PM
I'm a believer too. :)

LTBasker
06-14-2003, 10:17 PM
Freaky... just think if it was real. :eek:

Either way! *practices his Vulcan hand sign*

Have you got a link to these for anywhere that you don't have to sign up to view?

Kidhuman
06-14-2003, 11:16 PM
Is there anyway to make that picture bigger? I can't make anything out.

2-1B
06-15-2003, 12:03 AM
To any alien visitors reading this thread --

Klaatu
Barada
Nikto

:)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-15-2003, 12:59 AM
Ah, good goin' Caesar, i think you just woke up the army of darkness!!! :crazed:

CloneTrooperMace
06-15-2003, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by kidhuman
Is there anyway to make that picture bigger? I can't make anything out.

I tryed to but it didn't work.....Sorry

CloneTrooperMace
06-15-2003, 10:48 AM
Oppppp's Sorry I got it bigger.....The pic is attached

InsaneJediGirl
06-15-2003, 11:39 AM
"Space Station???What a piece of junk!"-The Aliens,after seeing our pithy planet

Finally my parents have come back to take me home:D ;) :crazed: Very cool sighting,but NASA and the goverment will just downplay it as space gas or something.

sith_killer_99
06-15-2003, 12:04 PM
"Space Station???What a piece of junk!"-The Aliens

"Watch your mouth, or you're gonna find yourself floating home!"-Top NASA official to the Aliens after they crash on earth.:eek:

Kidhuman
06-15-2003, 12:49 PM
Odd looking, but according to NASA, it will be nothing.

keith koth
06-15-2003, 01:33 PM
I've seen one before!

My father, my wife, and I once saw a low hovering alien spacecraft in the Pineywoods of East Texas just west of Lufkin...not a UFO, but an actual alien spacecraft. I am fairly confident that it was not of Earthly origin, based upon the capabilities it possessed. I got a good look at this craft as it was no more than 75-100 feet off the ground (just above the tree tops) and it stayed in a fixed position for apporximately 3 minutes before streaking upward and disappearing in a flash of light. Of course, I never reported the sighting, as we all felt like we would be labeled as "crazies". That night was truly the most profound, thought provoking experience of my life.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-15-2003, 09:12 PM
Cool, now hopefully we'll see some aliens . . . but NOT with earth-destroying capabilities. :eek:

Old Fossil
06-15-2003, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by keith koth
I've seen one before!

My father, my wife, and I once saw a low hovering alien spacecraft in the Pineywoods of East Texas just west of Lufkin...not a UFO, but an actual alien spacecraft. I am fairly confident that it was not of Earthly origin, based upon the capabilities it possessed. I got a good look at this craft as it was no more than 75-100 feet off the ground (just above the tree tops) and it stayed in a fixed position for apporximately 3 minutes before streaking upward and disappearing in a flash of light. Of course, I never reported the sighting, as we all felt like we would be labeled as "crazies". That night was truly the most profound, thought provoking experience of my life.

That would be the Naboo Royal Starship.:evil:

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
06-15-2003, 10:58 PM
I don't know what is stranger, the fact that a couple of different people have sighted these uncanny UFOs or there is a place in Georgia called "Booger Bottom?"

Mandalorian Candidat
06-16-2003, 01:11 AM
I think those three blips are actually ghosts from Pac Man. He must have just eaten a power pill and got the first one before the other three got away.

InsaneJediGirl
06-16-2003, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Lowly Bantha Cleaner
I don't know what is stranger, the fact that a couple of different people have sighted these uncanny UFOs or there is a place in Georgia called "Booger Bottom?"

I was wondering the same thing.What moron names a town/area "Booger Bottom".Anyone in Georgia to verify such a place?:confused:

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
06-18-2003, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by InsaneJediGirl
I was wondering the same thing.What moron names a town/area "Booger Bottom".Anyone in Georgia to verify such a place?:confused:

IJG--Yeah, I want to know what moron "picked" this town's name. It''snot' a place I'd like to visit. :D