PDA

View Full Version : Amatuer Star Wars Short?

Darth Trasko
11-19-2001, 08:47 PM
A few years ago i heard a rumour that some Australians had made an amateur Star Wars short (for a compatition??) , IIRC it was about an Imperial Commander on Board a Star Destroyer does anyone know anything about this rumour and if it exsists if it is available????

JediTricks
11-20-2001, 09:16 AM
I saw some amateur short that I think was Aussie, the actors were sporting weak American accents and there were bounty hunters and Boba Fett and EU elements, but I didn't catch much of it as it was at a collectibles show and I was there to buy toys, not watch TV. :evil:

JediCole
11-20-2001, 05:05 PM
I don't know if it is the same one or not, but I have seen bits and pieces of an amateur film with fairly high production values that had Mara Jade and other EU elements. Parts were shown at the table of one of those intreped video pirates who sell bootleg videos of licensed Japanese stuff that on one in the states will commercially offer, plus lost wonders like the JLA live action show (campy one-shot) from the 70's, a more recent (and I believe, thankfully, unaired) modern JLA pilot, and the infamous Star Wars Holiday Special (the one I refuse to let Sith Worm see). Anyway, it looked pretty good for something done on a very low budget (poor lighting and worse sound, but great costumes and masks, etc.). However, it was at a toy show and I was there to buy and sell toys, not to watch TV. (Where have I heard that before?) And besides, I refuse to pay video pirates for bootleg copies of unlicensed films in which neither the filmmakers nor the copyright owners see a dime of their nefarious, ill-gotten monies, so I've never seen the whole thing.