PDA

View Full Version : I wish Hasbro would make these Alien Species

Tycho
06-16-2003, 01:59 AM
I know some of these guys are specific to the cantina and Jabba's Palace, but some could be seen just about everywhere in the Star Wars galaxy:

Arconas
Brainiac's species
Tsvizzt's species
Saurins
Gotals
Anzati vampires
Defels

Whipids
Eloms
Gran (perhaps a new Senator)
Ishi Tibbs (not from the Rebel Alliance)
Quarren (perhaps a Separatist)

Gragga (Swokes Swokes)
the new aliens seen as Jedi and in Coruscant's entertainment district with the 3 points to their head (hard to describe)
Bothans
Wookiees (that don't wear a Chewie-style bandolier like the Senator)
Trandoshans (that don't look like Bossk)
Falleen (that don't look like Xizor)
Kaminoans (who aren't Lama Su or Taun We)

What other aliens would you like to see made into action figures?

There actually doesn't seem to be THAT large of list.

Rogue II
06-16-2003, 10:01 AM
I just want to see the aliens from the Cantina and Jabba's palace. I can't believe Hasbro made Djas Puhr before some of these. Well, l will just use the list from Tycho's poll.

Definately these:
The Arcona: Hem Dazon
The Gotal: Feltipern Trevagg
The Givin: Elis Helrot
The Advoze: Bom Vimdin
The Yam'rii: Kitik Keed 'Kak
The Abyssin: Myo
Herme Odel: the Baraguin
Bubo: the frog-dog
Tanus Spijek: the Elom
Sergeant Doallyn: the Geranian
BG-J38: the Roche B9 Worker Droid
Yarna dal Gargan: the Askajian (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1343)
Woof: the Green-Nikto
JQuille: the Whiphid

And if they get around to it, these:
The Siniteen: Brainiac
The Saurin: Hrchek Kal Fas
The Kiffu Girls: Brea and Senni Tonnika
The Brizzit: Tzizvvta
Rappertune: the musician
Shasa Teil: the Ishi-Tibb
Ak-Rev: the Weequay
Umpass-Stay: the Klatooinian

By the way, would it be wrong to buy a peg-warming Djas Puhr and customize him into a guy from the Blue Man Group?

droidekas2
06-16-2003, 10:59 AM
Why make those unique figures when there are endless Lukes, Hans, Vaders, etc. to make. Hasbro needs to keep those core characters on the shelves to keep the kiddies interested in the line or it will die. Why would the kiddies want some freaky cool alien when they go into a store to make their latest Star Wars purchase. Hasbro knows from extensive market research that they will ask mommy to buy them their umpteenth Tatooine Luke.

Drive it down, down, down into the ground. Drive that Star Wars line down, down, into the ground. Down, down, into the ground.

Old Fossil
06-16-2003, 01:48 PM
I want more Aqualish, Ithorians, Duros, and Mon Calamari. Also, the species in the Cantina band... can't believe I can't remember the name...

jedi master sal
06-16-2003, 03:12 PM
Bith, you mean Bith

ooh ooh what about that ET looking alien....er I mean ET..... Nah not really.

Lamprea (the snakelike creature in the ORIGINAL Star Wars! Dang-it!
More podracers (any of them, there's enough of them to go around!)

Gardulla the Hutt!

Like Tycho, I'd like to see Bothans (especially) and most of his list as well.

Vilmarh Grak (sp?)(Red Deveronian from the comics!)
Hey, everybody loves Villie!

plasticfetish
06-16-2003, 03:36 PM
Frankly, they simply can't make enough aliens and robots.

Tycho
06-17-2003, 01:17 AM
I'd love to see Villie!

I mean he's really an Expanded Universe figure that ought to be released in the same wave as a Quinlan Vos.

But for all non-EU fans, he'll just be a Devaronian Mercenary and since Labrina was never carded, Villie would make a nice "alien" to add to the collection.

The differences? Labrina was a "white-skin" Devaronian, and Villie is a "red-skin." Villie's horns point the opposite direction (forward instead of behind his head like Labrina - no big deal for non-EU fans to cope with there). And Villie is buff, and wears cross-drawn guns on hip holsters - again, no big deal there - Djas Puhr is a two-gun shooter as well. Villie's build will make him look a little bit like he belongs with the early POTF2 figures, but that's just him -he's a mercenary, so he ought to be able to look like he can take care of himself.

All in all, there's something for every collector if they make Villie (Vlimah Grahrk).

For EU fans, well Villie's been one of my favorites since the whole prequel-era EU thing got started. Plus somebody has to call my Aayla Secura figure "a pretty-Jedi Yum-Yum girl." (and you wondered why she was packaged with Dark Side Lightning?!!)

mark2d2
06-17-2003, 03:35 AM
Nice list, Tycho.

I'd like to see a focus mainly on the remaining Cantina Aliens.
I am really, really dying to see Hem Dazum especially.

jedi master sal
06-17-2003, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by Tycho
I'd love to see Villie!

I mean he's really an Expanded Universe figure that ought to be released in the same wave as a Quinlan Vos.

But for all non-EU fans, he'll just be a Devaronian Mercenary and since Labrina was never carded, Villie would make a nice "alien" to add to the collection.

The differences? Labrina was a "white-skin" Devaronian, and Villie is a "red-skin." Villie's horns point the opposite direction (forward instead of behind his head like Labrina - no big deal for non-EU fans to cope with there). And Villie is buff, and wears cross-drawn guns on hip holsters - again, no big deal there - Djas Puhr is a two-gun shooter as well. Villie's build will make him look a little bit like he belongs with the early POTF2 figures, but that's just him -he's a mercenary, so he ought to be able to look like he can take care of himself.

All in all, there's something for every collector if they make Villie (Vlimah Grahrk).

For EU fans, well Villie's been one of my favorites since the whole prequel-era EU thing got started. Plus somebody has to call my Aayla Secura figure "a pretty-Jedi Yum-Yum girl." (and you wondered why she was packaged with Dark Side Lightning?!!)

Wow, that got quite a rise outta you, eh Tycho? I glad someone else out there likes this character as much as me. To me he's kinda the Han Solo-ish rogue for the prequels. And Quilan Vos would be AWESOME to see. Currently, I'm making a Quilan Vos custom. I post a pic when I get it. I think you'll like it. (Good thing about this custom is that it is almost completely just a repaint. Only a little sanding to do. HMMMMM can you guess which figure I'm using for this?.....)

Tycho, (or anyone else) would you be happy with just "generic" aliens or do you want scene specific aliens or "named" aliens.

I'd like to see:
Feltipern Trevagg (the Gotal from the Cantina scene)!!
Hem Dazon (the Arcona from the Cantina scene)
Bom Vimdin (the Advoze from the Cantina scene)
Myo (the Abyssin from the Cantina scene)

Yarna dal Gargan (the Askajian from Jabba's palace) (Fat dancer with many u-humms...can't say that here so you know what I mean)

Rappertune (the harmonica player from Jabba's palace)!!!!!

Tycho
06-17-2003, 10:11 AM
Oh, of course I'd want the specific character aliens from the cantina or Jabbas, but I'd just buy multiples of them to use as random aliens of their species, like almost every Rodian in my dioramas actually came on a card of some kind that called him "Greedo."

Feltipern would have a lot of other Gotals that "closely resembled him," but having the real deal for the cantina PLUS generic representations of each of the species is way too much to ask of Hasbro.

mark2d2
06-17-2003, 01:50 PM
Here's my dream list:

Cantina (in order)

1) Hem Dazon (Arcona)
2) Myo (cyclops alien)
3) Dice Ibegon (Lamprey like creature -- could be a pack-in w/ another fig.)
4) Hrchek Kal Fas (Saurin)
5) Feltpern (Gotal)

Now wouldn't these five make for an awesome Cantina multipack?
Maybe with a booth or two for additional accessory value. . .
Or maybe, a curved bar piece? (. . . Drool!)
I know, I know, it'd be unprecedented as it's five all new figures. . .
But wouldn't it be an awesome exclusive?

PS -- oh, and of course! Yarna! She's very high on the list too.
The only Jabba's Palace person I really, REALLY want.
She should be carded and on her own. . .

jedi master sal
06-17-2003, 03:12 PM
Ooh ooh how about adding Dannik Jerico (the Anzanti) to that five pack.
Or they could be split those into two 3-packs with a curved bar piece in each pack!

Those would sell like hotcakes!

mark2d2
06-17-2003, 11:21 PM
Hmmmmmm, is Dannik that really wierd guy with the pipe?

If so, through him in!

Since Dice is so tiny, might as well include the other Duro as well.

jedi master sal
06-18-2003, 10:57 AM
Yes, Dannik is that really wierd guy with the pipe.

He's an Anzanti. (A vampire of sorts) Anzanti have what are called probiscus that extend from pouch folds in their cheeks. They insert these into a facial cavity of a being (usually through the nose) and suck out the beings brains. They (Anzanti) call it soup. One of the unfortunate affects for them though, is that they can pick up the habits of the beings that they "drink the soup" from. In Dannik's case he sucked the soup from a being who was a chronic smoker and hence now has to puff on the pipe himself.

(I believe the story is in the "Tales from Jabba's Palace" book. It's a good read.

El Chuxter
12-19-2010, 01:32 PM
Tycho, not sure if you were aware, but some of these have already been made. Arcona, Brainiac's species, Saurins, Gotals, Anzati vampires, Whipids, Eloms, Gran, Gragga, Bothans, Wookiees (that don't wear a Chewie-style bandolier like the Senator), and Trandoshans (that don't look like Bossk) were all relatively easy to find. I can't see how you missed them.

Blue2th
12-19-2010, 07:24 PM
I could re-list all the original Clone Wars cartoon arena aliens, like Bugnaught and Jasper Mcknives (those are cool names I like saying them even so) but I would be re-iterating a redundancy.