PDA

View Full Version : What has happened to Yestertoys?

JangoFart
06-16-2003, 12:27 PM
Yestertoys used to be one of my favorite on-line sellers - usually had new figures at great prices (compared to other on-line sellers). I've bought quite a bit from them over the past year and change and have always been pleased. However, I don't think that will continue any further.

When checking out their page a couple of weeks ago, I noticed they had the newer figures in - red Battle Droid, Yoda and Chian, Ashla and Jempa, etc. - so, I ordered them. To date, I have not received the items.

Not receiving an order in two weeks is not all that horrible. But, I've been calling them since last Wednesday to inquire as to the order status and no one there can even confirm for me that I even have an order with them. I gave them the Invoice Number and was told "Oh, that won't help me any." I keep getting told to call "after 2:00pm" to talk to Tom. I call after 2:00pm and get told Tom won't be in until "tomorrow." That's been 4 "tomorrow's" ago and still no status on my order and still, as of today's date, no Tom.

Anyone else having these problems with Yestertoys? I sure hope not, for you guys' sake. I hate to say it, but I won't be using Yestertoys any more. It's a shame to see a formerly good seller gone down this bad.

J

Val Da Car
06-16-2003, 02:23 PM
I have placed orders with Yestertoys as well and I have had them take 1 week to process and 1 week to ship them. I think the action figure business is so slow for him he has a day job and is trying to balance both.

Old Fossil
06-16-2003, 02:42 PM
I ordered the Yoda and Younglings from Yestertoys over a week ago, myself. I am not worried -- my last order took a couple of weeks to arrive.

Then again, I may have something different to say if they aren't here by the end of this week!

Teeska Mon Eebon
06-16-2003, 05:30 PM
It might be because a lot of people ordered from him at once... about a week before they got all the new junk in I bought some stuff and it only took 1 week to get here.....

Hellboy
06-16-2003, 06:15 PM
Strange that you bring this matter up JangoFart because I've been running into similar problems with them as of late. I always just excepted that their long shipping methods were the trade off for the good prices but I placed an order at the beginning of May and recieved it today 06/16. This was after e-mailing Tom back and forth around 4 times trying to locate my order. When I recieved the order it was missing 1 figure but I was charged for it anyways. Now I understand that people make mistakes from time to time and thats fine but this is the second order that I've been shorted a figure that I've been charged for. I e-mailed their customer service again today so I guess I'll see what they have to say soon but I'm really dissapointed in the overall lack of customer service I've recieved from them lately. Its a shame too because I find their prices to be some of the fairest online but depending on how they try to rectify this situation will determine whether I ever do buisness with them again. :mad: Something is definately going on over there because they used to be very reliable.

bobafrett
06-17-2003, 12:51 AM
I ordered from them in the past, but have found other online retailers since then. I try yto do most of my purchases through retail outlets, but as it has been posted in many threads, it's a dry market. I'll wait to see how this gets resolved with the rest of you.

Old Fossil
06-20-2003, 08:16 PM
UPDATE...

I received my shipment of Yoda & Younglings today! Exactly 1 week, 6 days since I ordered them. Then again, I ordered them on a Saturday, so it probably didn't go in until the following Monday or Tuesday. Not bad timing... technically, a total of 9 business days.

These are two of the very few Saga figures I'll be keeping MOC only. They look wonderful!

Val Da Car
06-20-2003, 09:41 PM
I have bought older figures from him to army build anyway and have always been pleased once my orders have arrived...

Hellboy
06-20-2003, 09:55 PM
Yeah Val Da Car I've always been happy with the service up until my last 2 orders. I've pretty much only ordered older stuff from them and most was non-mint because I was buying openers.

I still haven't got a response to my e-mail that I sent Monday regarding my missing figure from my order. I would think they could at least take the time to respond to me in a timely fashion. :mad:

Val Da Car
06-20-2003, 10:38 PM
Well....I am looking to maybe run another order thru Yestertoys since them have some stuff in quantity that I can't find anywhere else at a reasonable price so we will see with my next order how it all goes....

Master ToNone
06-24-2003, 12:24 AM
I got Yoda and the Younglings a couple of weeks ago through yestertoys. I got the shipment quickly, but I am only one state away so shipping doesn't take long from them.

I have noticed they've been out of stock with a lot of items which has been uncharachteristic of them and was wondering if something was up myself. Patience will reveal what is going on...

JangoFart
06-26-2003, 12:40 AM
UPDATE:

I called there and called there. After FINALLY speaking with Tom, he blamed my credit card - complete B.S., I assure you. We re-did the order 8 days ago and STILL no figures!!

These are surely the last dollars of mine they will get; even if these things are C11 :)

J

nova blue
06-27-2003, 02:25 AM
I hate to hear that, knowing I just placed an order from them. Although in the past I have ordered from them and they have always and I mean always been slow

JangoFart
06-27-2003, 02:16 PM
UPDATE, Part Duex:

I received the shipment today and it appears their definition of "mint" has drastically changed. I'll just chalk this one up as a learning experience, rather than hassle with a return.

'Tis a shame, as they were once my fav on-line sellers.

J

Thunderstorm1
06-28-2003, 10:56 AM
I hate to hear that they have sort of gone down hill. I myself have used them many times in the past and have been pleased. Hopefully this is a temporary thing that they can get straightened out soon.

Hellboy
06-28-2003, 11:00 PM
UPDATE:

Well I finally heard back regarding my order. I was told by Tom that my previous emails I sent to him were probably deleted because he thought they were spam. :rolleyes:
I dont know, I suppose that could be valid but I've never had problems with them not responding before so I find it somewhat suspect.
Anyways he did say he would ship out my missing figure from my order so I expect to see it in about a month or so. :p

Needless to say it will be the last order I place with them since this is the second order I've had problems with. The good prices just aren't worth the long shipping methods, questionable condition, and poor service. :dead: