PDA

View Full Version : Princess Leia: Necissary Re-Sculpts

Beast
11-19-2001, 08:21 PM
Continuing in my series of Main Charecter resculpts, is Princess Leia. Other then now with the new more acurate size requiring most past Leia's need a new version, these are the core ones that really require redone. Lemme know what you think, and if you have any ideas.

ANH:
Pretty Happy with ANH, other then correct scale, I don't think we need another ANH Leia (White gown or Celebration)
ESB:
Princess Leia: Bespin Gown (The 2-pack one was horrible)
Princess Leia: Medical Frigate (ANH dress, ESB hair)
ROTJ:
Princess Leia: Boushh
Princess Leia: Endor Poncho w/removable helmet

Thats the Leia's that need redone, I was tempted to include the Ewok Village Dress in the ROTJ series, but thats would be only for scale reasons, otherwise she's great.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

bigbarada
11-19-2001, 09:40 PM
A correct scale Hoth Leia would be nice, but I think Bespin Leia is much more deserving of a resculpt.

Dark Knight
11-20-2001, 12:38 AM
I would have loved for hasbro to correct there mistake earlier(Dog face leia). I don't want another Leia. I don't think they should have done Luke in X-wing gear. But, go figure.:eek:

Beast
11-20-2001, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by Dark Knight
I would have loved for hasbro to correct there mistake earlier(Dog face leia). I don't want another Leia. I don't think they should have done Luke in X-wing gear. But, go figure.:eek:

Luke: X-Wing Gear was a much needed figure, since from a certain point of view, it's not even a re-sculpt. The 1995 POTF2 figure is really Luke: Snowspeeder Gear. You can tell by the fact he has a coat on, with a collar. Not to mention the grey boots and gloves, that were worn in the Snowspeeder. So, really...this is the very first Luke: X-Wing Gear figure in the modern lines.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Rollo Tomassi
11-20-2001, 08:25 AM
I agree, the Bespin Gown Leia looks like Gilda Radner:o

And between the "General" Leia, the Speederbike Leia, and the Millenium Coin Leia, you'd think they could get a decent Endor leia figure, but nope:( thay all suck.

Plus the medical Frigate Leia is always a good idea.

So those three, and then NO MORE RESCULPTS! I MEAN IT!!!:mad:

OC47150
11-20-2001, 03:00 PM
I think the Leias JarJar suggested would be suffice to complete our collections.

evenflow
11-20-2001, 03:09 PM
I think a Bespin Leia is all that we need.

Mandalorian Candidat
11-20-2001, 03:21 PM
We don't need any more Leia resculpts. Just a small brown paper bag to put over Monkey-face Leia's head. :eek:

OC47150
11-20-2001, 03:30 PM
And how much would that brown paper bag cost us fans, MC?

Mandalorian Candidat
11-21-2001, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by OC47150
And how much would that brown paper bag cost us fans, MC?

Well, if you bought it at Frank and Sons or Brians Toys then about $14.99.

OC47150
11-21-2001, 10:19 AM
I was expecting at least $20!

Rollo Tomassi
03-24-2002, 10:36 AM
Thought we could combine these...

Jargo
03-24-2002, 12:11 PM
Wasssuuuuuuuup! Rollo's angling for a moderator job. :D kissy kissy kissy.......:crazed:

Jayspawn
03-25-2002, 11:38 AM
We don't have a medical freight Leia yet. I want one of those. We also need Luke but I'll save that for another thread.

OC47150
03-25-2002, 11:56 AM
I could see that one and a rescuplted Leia Ewok celebration in maybe two years, after the ATOC hype dies down. The Leia EC never did stand right. The legs are too awkward.

JEDIpartner
03-25-2002, 12:19 PM
They just seem to have a problem doing her face. They didn't do too badly on the Padmes, Amidalas, and Shmi figures. So... it's not a matter of "we can't do female figures". It's just a matter of... we can't do Leia properly. The new slave Leia was about as close as they have come to reproducing Carrie's likeness. Oh, well.

Yeah... there needs to be another BESPIN LEIA.

OC47150
03-25-2002, 12:39 PM
I'm really shocked Hasbro hasn't released a Leia in the red Bespin dress, other than the cloth one that came out three years ago in the Leia two-packs. I like to see that one first before some of the resculpts.