PDA

View Full Version : How do you know what you don't know?

Tycho
06-17-2003, 02:33 AM
If you know what you don't know it implies that you do know what you don't know.

I know what I know, so I can see how if I didn't know something then I'd know what I don't know, but I don't really know it, you know?

So then I do know what I don't know but I don't actually know it because if I did know it than I know it along with everything else I know. You know?

sith_killer_99
06-17-2003, 06:52 AM
I know.

But what I don't know is:

How do you know, what you know, when you know it.

Let's say you are driving down the road and you come up to a red light, you know that you must stop, because that is what you have been taught.

But, what is the mechanism that allows you to recall that information at that exact moment.

I don't know. Yet, I know that I don't know. And yet I still do not know.

You know.

Rogue II
06-17-2003, 07:27 AM
"I know what I know if you know what I mean."

--Edie Brickell and the New Bohemians

The Overlord Returns
06-17-2003, 10:01 AM
"You know what I mean?"

--Noel Gallagher, Oasis

Darth Shifty
06-17-2003, 10:21 AM
"Noooooooooo!"

--Luke Skywalker

The Overlord Returns
06-17-2003, 11:32 AM
"A proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a proof. And when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven."

-- Jean Chretien, Canadian Prime Minister

I love the old boy, but he's come out with his share of head scratchers over the years.

El Chuxter
06-17-2003, 11:46 AM
I hold this truth to be self-evident:

A horse is a horse, of course, of course. And no one can talk to a horse, of couse. That is, unless, of course, the horse is the famous Mister Ed.

JediTricks
06-18-2003, 03:37 PM
Knowing that something exists is different from knowing what that thing is. One might have heard a word but not know its definition - they know of its existence but don't know what it truly means. Knowledge has layers, like a fancy gelatin dessert - you can look at the pretty colors, you can watch it wiggle, but unless you cut into it, you won't know what those creepy round things are or why one layer isn't clear.

Tycho
06-18-2003, 09:08 PM
So if you understand the metaphor of Jello, you can understand the metaphor of life!

Sounds like that would make a great bumpersticker! Girls might get the wrong idea though. But I have a large bathtub.

Darth Sidious
06-28-2003, 05:12 PM
You know?

...........No.

Deoxyribonucleic
06-28-2003, 06:08 PM
:confused:

:dead: