PDA

View Full Version : Wierd Dreams..or...Do I need a shrink?

Rogue II
06-17-2003, 07:54 AM
This morning I was reading the new posts and something in the vintage section reminded me of a dream I had last night. In the dream, I walked into a store and all they had were Vintage Hoth Han. The figure was on a hybrid of Vintage, POTF2, and Episode 1 card. I don't remember the rest of the dream. This isn't the first time I've had dreams like this. I've had several dreams over the past couple years where I go into a store and find vintage-styled figures.

The wierd thing is: I don't collect vintage figures! Sure, I started collecting back in '95 to replace my lost vintage collection, but I haven't gone back to collecting the actual vintage figures.

It could be a case of collecting withdrawls. The only SW figures I've purchased since January have been the 7 I ordered from Kebco (back in April) and the Imperial 4-pack I found a couple weeks ago. Maybe I can sue Hasbro for making me like this.:crazed: It has to be their fault...with the lack of OT figures(compared to the pre-1999 days) and lousy distribution.

So. Do I need to see shrink?

Exhaust Port
06-17-2003, 08:36 AM
No, I think your subconscience is telling you to go back to the shopping at stores and give up on the online stuff. ;)

Kidhuman
06-17-2003, 07:46 PM
You are fine. We all suffer from dreams like that. I remember one dream I had, I was looking at SW figures in a store, but the odd thing is they were all baseball figures dressed up like SW characters. There was a Hoth Cal Ripken and a Bespin Mark McGwire. Odd isn't it. I need to stop eating before I sleep or something.

bobafrett
06-17-2003, 08:12 PM
I too have had a dream that had Star Wars figures involved, but if you have a spare $50 bucks or so, you might want to go have your dream analyzed.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-17-2003, 10:19 PM
I have dreams from time to time where i find that last, elusive figure from the early 90's "Dick Tracy" line of figures: the Blank!! This bad boy wasn't released in the states, only Canada and it haunts me!! Argh! :D

Tycho
06-18-2003, 09:35 PM
I have to kill the man with the canoe!

Me, Bob, and Derek were down by the water on the lake. It was foggy, pretty overcast.

The man with the canoe was old, seasoned, probably in his late 50's or mid-60's. He had short hair, and just looked conservative - like an old agent. We knew he'd be well armed.

He was going fishing with his little dog. We stumbled around the shoreline, looking for him out on the lake, always watching behind us. We knew he was deadly with a knife, a gun, or even an axe.

He saw us when we spotted him. He was out on the lake in his canoe.

It was foggy and by the time we'd launched our 2 boats, he'd made some progress.

We traded some fire while we were out on the water, but it was difficult to row and shoot and see through the fog.

He beat us back to shore near the boat ramp where he'd parked his car. He had time to load his canoe up onto the roof before we could row fast enough to get near shore or see through the fog. He lept out of our boats in the shallow water and sloshed up the bank and fired round after round at him and his stupid little dog in that car with the canoe.

He was already speeding off - but the car was a hologram!

The bullets, and there must have been dozens of them, as we all reloaded and kept firing - well they all didn't hit anything but trees.

Somehow he'd evaded us. He'd tricked us in the fog and he was ready for us when we made our move - and he'd be even harder to catch next time, and he'd be ready to set a trap for us!

All I knew was it was important that we succeed in killing the man with the canoe!

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
06-18-2003, 09:39 PM
I think many of us collectors have had dreams that in one way or another, involve us finding a large cache of valuable or desired figures. My dreams involve finding hard to find Action Fleet ships from the Micro Machines line. And yes the ships were a little distorted, whether they had no package or a different paint scheme.

I think we can agree that the worst part of the whole dream was waking up--realizing the most cherished items were not really in your possession--but just a figment of our imagination.

Tycho
06-18-2003, 09:42 PM
My dream was so real that I keep checking the newspapers to make sure I didn't really go and kill a man with a canoe!

Old Fossil
06-18-2003, 10:15 PM
I just wish I'd stop having all those dreams about Wayne Newton.