PDA

View Full Version : Wanna know where the new stuff is? Look here!

jedi master sal
06-17-2003, 10:26 AM
Here is a small exceprt from the most recent "Diary" from SW.com's exclusive Hyperspace section.

Another important arrival today: swag! And plenty of it. Dozens of boxes from Lucas Licensing arrive to Lynne's attention. LEGO sets, Hasbro action figures, Playskool playsets, skateboards, mini-busts, Unleashed toys and more are piling up in the hallway outside my door. Why? "For when you need to thank someone, we keep these around as little extras," says Lynne. A little goes a long way, and we've got a lot.

and take a look at the pic! They got a ton LITERALLY of stuff!

Mandalorian Candidat
06-17-2003, 11:45 AM
How about thanking the collectors who've spent countless $ buying figures, trading cards, statues, Legos, Pez dispensers, Sith Infiltrator remote controls, Queen Amidala bubble bath, and all other kinds of Lucas-licensed crap with some freebies?

What the *$^# is swag anyway?

jedi master sal
06-17-2003, 02:39 PM
S.W.A.G.

Star Wars Appreciative Giveaway (?)
Star Wars Action Gear (?)

These are my guesses....(Sarcasm noted here)

Rogue II
06-17-2003, 03:20 PM
In the military,

A "WAG" is a Wild Arse Guess.

A "SWAG" is a Scientific Wild Arse Guess. (that means you used some sort of math or logic before guessing.)

But that has nothing to do with this. According to Webster...

stolen money or property; loot; plunder

-or-

a bundle containing personal belongings, as of an itinerant worker

Do I detect a hint of piracy :Pirate:???

tgr3328
06-17-2003, 05:58 PM
In Australia, a swag man in a bum or itinerate laborer. Their national anthen starts off with a line about a "jolly swag man..."

Kidhuman
06-17-2003, 08:05 PM
What is that? Why does Lynee have all the toys and I have none. This woman needs to send some to my area. If I was her I would be selling them off. Maybewe should all chip in and place an order from Hasbro ourselves.

jonthejedi
06-21-2003, 08:21 AM
I haven't shelled out for Hyper#...who's Lynne? THere's nothing to be found in MD...except overpriced 12" Mr. Bacons!!!!

Emperor Howdy
07-19-2003, 05:43 PM
What the *$^# is swag anyway?

Isn't that a term for weak pot or something? Swag, shwag? God I'm getting old. :(

Jargo
07-19-2003, 06:11 PM
A swag bag is what old time criminals were depicted carrying. Y'know when all criminals were depicted wearing eye masks and stripey sweaters? What's the geezer called in the old Macdonalds ads? Macburglar. he's the type of cartoon villain likely to carry round a swag bag to hold all the stuff he steals. So swag is ill gotten gains. :)