PDA

View Full Version : Comcasts"description" of AOTC on HBO...

mrhat
06-17-2003, 01:06 PM
As it appears on my TV screen at this moment--

Star Wars Episode II/Clones

Hayden Christensen, Natalie Portman, (2002),**, Obi-Wan Kenobi (Ewan McGregor) Trains Anakin Skywalker (Hayden Christensen) to be a Jedi. THRLLING SPECIAL EFFECTS MAKE UP FOR THE STILTED DIALOGUE AND WOODEN ACTING. (Sci-Fi & Paranormal, 143 Minutes)

What do you all think of this Description?

DarthChuckMc
06-17-2003, 01:53 PM
I think GL should make a phone call.

mrhat
06-17-2003, 02:42 PM
Bet he already has

Exhaust Port
06-17-2003, 04:32 PM
That's hysterical! Like the movie or not you have to admit that it's funny to see someone's brutal opinion listed so publically.

stillakid
06-17-2003, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by mrhat
As it appears on my TV screen at this moment--

Star Wars Episode II/Clones

Hayden Christensen, Natalie Portman, (2002),**, Obi-Wan Kenobi (Ewan McGregor) Trains Anakin Skywalker (Hayden Christensen) to be a Jedi. THRLLING SPECIAL EFFECTS MAKE UP FOR THE STILTED DIALOOGUE AND WOODEN ACTING. (Sci-Fi & Paranormal, 143 Minutes)

What do you all think of this Description?

Interesting. I haven't seen an editorial in place of a program description before. I'll argue what they say though...the thrilling fx did NOT make up for the stilted dialogue and wooden acting (and I'd add, thin plot), but, hey...to each his own.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-17-2003, 08:35 PM
I do like how these cable service things are giving their own reviews. They can't just say, "Star Wars, ****, 1977- blah blah blah", they have to put in their own two cents. I remember i hit info for some comedy and it was like, "Magically unfunny comedy about......" I giggled. :D

Kidhuman
06-17-2003, 09:25 PM
Whatever. To each his own. Just tell what the movie is about and leave the comments to yourself.

mrhat
06-17-2003, 11:22 PM
If they said that about Episode 2, You have to wonder what they would have said about Episode 1.

stillakid
06-18-2003, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute
I do like how these cable service things are giving their own reviews.

While my cable service doesn't do that (TIME WARNER), I can see where it might be a valuable public service and time saver. On the other hand, they do put "stars" next to the title, so at least we can get some kind of gauge on how good it might be. Naturally, opinions vary, but the AOTC "review" is fairly accurate in terms of the general populace and its view of the movie. The SSG population certainly in no way is indicative of how "regular" people view the saga or science fiction in general.

bigbarada
06-18-2003, 02:09 AM
Stillakid is right (that's something I never thought I'd hear myself say:D ), the average moviegoer is depressingly forgiving of movies in general. That's how we end up with sequels to movies like 'The Fast and the Furious' and 'Tomb Raider' (the less said about Dumb and Dumberer the better).

As for myself, I can count on half a hand the number of times I've watched my AOTC DVD all the way through. However, I'm surprised the Clone War and Yoda's Duel scenes haven't been scorched right off the DVD.:)

2-1B
02-01-2009, 02:58 PM
I'm surprised they only gave it 2 **, I personally think it's a 3 *** flick.

JediTricks
02-01-2009, 03:08 PM
I'm surprised they only gave it 2 **, I personally think it's a 3 *** flick.
Out of 10. ;)

2-1B
02-01-2009, 03:50 PM
Still 1 * better than Comcast gave it. :grin: