PDA

View Full Version : Why are TRUs shelves empty???

DravenUnleashed
06-17-2003, 06:37 PM
Ive never seen this before, or rather I dont remember seeing this before, where all the toys are litterally gone... He-Man, Star Wars, WWF, Star Trek, all they have are clearance items and very little of them at that... I havent seen anything new on the shelves for about 2 months now and about the only thing they have is a shelf full of Transformers Armada toys that no ones buying anyways... Whats the deal???

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-17-2003, 07:01 PM
Well, at least for Star Wars, I believe TRU recalled all the old junk from the stores. So, new stuff should be in soon.

mtriv73
06-17-2003, 07:18 PM
I guess they're making room for Clone wars toys. My local TRU still has 3 pegs full of Ketwol, duros, and bespin guard as well as a ton of saga shelf warmers. I think the recall notice somehow slipped by them.

Kidhuman
06-17-2003, 08:01 PM
I think the recall slipped alot of places by. My area stores are still stocked with pegwarmers. The TRU had 2 pegs of POTJ Zutton. I need some new figures. I am like a junkie who needs his fix.

Dferguson
06-18-2003, 04:09 AM
my local tru is still clogged with the old waves when the saga line was put out you might see a new figure here and there but if your lucky that is

Jayspawn
06-18-2003, 10:18 AM
My TRU has about 20 EMPTY pegs and 15 or so SAGA Boba. It's been this way for months.

aikman8_1999
06-18-2003, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Jayspawn
My TRU has about 20 EMPTY pegs and 15 or so SAGA Boba. It's been this way for months.
Sadly mine too, nothing more depressing than seeing the same old stuff just sitting there, not being blown out.
I dont even bother going through them cause I know there is no chance of a new item.

jonthejedi
06-21-2003, 09:06 AM
My Toys R Us mgr. in Md said he sent back 200 figures...and the section is still a wall o' Lott Dodd & Boba Fetts.

JEDIpartner
06-21-2003, 02:42 PM
I was at the Northland TRU in Columbus, OH last Sunday and there was nothing but crap on the pegs. Not that I think any of these figures are crap, it's just that they have been out there forever! They had a ton of Preview Zam Wessells, Royal Guards, Nikto Jedi and a lot of the other "minor" characters from the first two waves of SAGA figures. Weird.

keithfite
06-21-2003, 03:33 PM
I live near colombus, ohio and they never have anything. some of there targets kick ***. but thats it. TRU still has pegwarmers. Maybe a couple have sent back stuff. But there eithere empty or full of nothing if that makes any since

Brainiak76
06-21-2003, 06:57 PM
mine has a bunch of empty pegs!! nothing new there since christmas! i dont even bother goin there! But hopefully soon they will get all the new stuff!

BoShek
06-22-2003, 10:54 PM
Mine had about 30 Jango pilots, one on each peg.

Mandalorian Candidat
06-23-2003, 01:40 PM
Mine has the Lott Dod wave and that's it. I talked with a manager last Friday to find out when more may be coming in. He checked the computer and said they had no date in the computer for restocking and that the warehouse showed zero stock.

That's just crap in my book. If it is true and they aren't expecting more in the immediate future then eventually when they do restock it'll be all the stuff showing up now. By then most collectors will have those waves and the demand will be almost zero. Then they'll blame Hasbro and order even less next time.

What a joke.

jad
06-23-2003, 06:20 PM
Boshek, my toysrus is exactly the same. Nothing but jango pilots, and a few potj peg warmers. It's rediculous. I hardley even go there anymore. Maybe only like once a month.

Although they haven't even restocked He-man or Teenage mutant ninja turtles in months either. It's like they don't wanna make money or something. If only someone could run these companies that actually knew what toys people wanted and could stay in the know, and stock those items.

TheDarthVader
07-07-2003, 03:40 PM
I went to my TRU yesterday and all of the pegs for saga figures were empty. It is usually cluttered with Anakin tatooine, Jango pilot, lott dodd, and tusken with massiff. Does this mean they will probably start stocking new figures soon?? If anyone knows, please tell me. I am not sure how often I should check back for new figures. If it will take a while, I am not going back for a while. But if new figures will be there soon, I need to check back about 3-4 times a week.

JangoFart
07-07-2003, 04:43 PM
I wish my TRU would take a cue from the ones you folks frequent. Nothing but Jangos, Maces, Palpatines, and 12' Luke/Tauntauns as far as the eye can see. My eyes would rather see empty space than what they do see at my TRU.

J

Dr Zoltar
07-07-2003, 05:40 PM
TRU should be getting new stuff in soon. The Clone Wars 3 packs have began showing up in the past week or so. And I've heard rumors of the new ships arriving as well.

I'm a bit worried that I won't be seeing the newer deluxe sets for a while. The older sets have been on clearance for months and are taking up peg space. I remember buying these exact ones last year to get the silver R2-D2.

Mandalorian Candidat
07-07-2003, 07:31 PM
I heard that the Cloney 3-pack showed up at my local TRU (Orem, UT) but was sold out quickly. It also has about 20 Imp. 4-packs meaning that when the Hoth one is released we'll see none of them.

I talked with a manager on the 4th about why they haven't shipped. His response: We aren't expecting any new Star Wars merchanside until the next movie. What an ignoramus.

Turbowars
07-07-2003, 08:09 PM
Good new guys, Wave 13 with Veggie Padme and Wat showed up at TRU in Southern Ca this weekend. This case is a good one to pick up at a Online store, because it comes with one of each figure, no doubles to trade or get rid of. Things are looking up.

Droidlover
07-08-2003, 02:31 AM
My TRU in Springfield MO has nothing new(beside Imperial set that is). Pegs and Pegs of Jango pilot, Obi Wan Pilot, and Cloud City Chewie it seems. No basic He-man to see. They did get the latest Marvel Legends assortment, but they only have a lone Beast now.

Anakin2121
07-08-2003, 10:10 AM
This is weird. I'm sure I've said it before, but...

My TRU, along with many other stores here, has things like the Imperial Forces 4-pack, the electronic Yoda lightsaber, and various 12-inch figures....
And all of the above are 2003 products.
Is it me, or is the place stocking every 2003 Star Wars toy except the basic 3 3/4" figures?!
I mean, it doesn't make sense. I truly can't believe that I arrive in the store only one or two hours after opening and every single figure would be [b]gone.[/i]
I just think they're not stocking the basic figures, considering how many pegwarmers there still are. The employees are probably waiting for those (like Taun We and the Royal Guard) to sell before they stock any new ones. No wonder it's taking so long. :rolleyes:

OC47150
07-08-2003, 10:16 AM
The TRU in my area (Louisville, Ky., and southern Ind.) are the test market for the new Geoffrey stores. There hasn't been any new stock at the Clarksville, Ind., store since I don't remember when, and no new deliveries are scheduled until after the renovation/remodeling is completed at the end of July.

All they have on the shelves are 20+ pilot Jango Fetts.

Frustrating, indeed.