PDA

View Full Version : So, who bought a Gamecube?

bigbarada
11-19-2001, 10:53 PM
Just want to know if anyone has one yet? I don't :cry:

So, if you have one, then spill the beans. What do you think of it so far?

I've decided this will be my latest obsession and I will forego all else to get one of these puppies (well except my bills :( ).

master jedi
11-20-2001, 05:16 PM
I don't have one yet. I've been too busy to pick one up and I'm still going to busy until sometime next week and/or the week after.
Dang I want one so bad.

stillakid
11-20-2001, 07:48 PM
I'm buying it only for Rogue Leader. :crazed:

Wolfwood319
11-20-2001, 09:19 PM
I just got mine today, a friend who works at KB held one for me, but I have no games yet.

Sob...

They sold out of Rogue Leader and that's the only launch game I wanted.

Oh well, at least I have the system.

Wolfwood319
11-21-2001, 10:43 PM
Well BB, I tell you what...

Rogue Leader is without a doubt one of the best games I've ever played.

As for Gamecube itself, I honestly don't know yet. Rogue Leader is the only game I've played, and it blows everything I've seen of X-Box right out of the proverbial pool. I've read of what games are coming out in the future, as well as what licenses they've got, all and all, I think this could be the best system out to get right now.

BTW, stay away from X-Box, for the love of God, don't buy one!

A friend of mine got one, he got only one game (some football game) and it crashes on him at least twice a day. And he doesn't even like the game either.

stillakid
11-22-2001, 12:34 AM
I'd expect nothing less from Microsoft.

The Bald Ewok
11-25-2001, 09:02 PM
Oh I want one...really wanted one. I just wanted to play RL on it, and that was it. So much that I preordered RL for it. HOWEVER, my wife said no and that I had to wait till christmas because thats when I was going to get it. So imagine, having it, but having to wait for the 25th to roll around. Talk about pain!!

JediTricks
11-26-2001, 01:32 AM
Bald Ewok, that's tragic!!! Go spend more time at the TRU display. ;) I spent a few mins playing the game last night at TRU, it was a gas even though I wasn't familiar with the new controller, but it was TOTALLY sold out so I couldn't even TRY to buy it.

Lobito
12-11-2001, 04:43 PM
I got the GC as a wedding present, and all i can say is...excitement...huh, adventure...huh...a jedi craves not these things. Fortunately we do, so get yours ASAP...i own Rougue Leader, Luigis Mansion and Batman. The sad part is that u need a memory card to play every game...oh well, nobody's perfect.

Wolfwood319
12-11-2001, 05:05 PM
If you have 3 friends and a Gamecube, I can't see any reason for you not to have Super Smash Bros. Melee. By far the best multiplayer game I've ever encountered.

Stop reading and go get it...

QLD
12-15-2001, 02:40 PM
I got a Gamecube on launch day. I really like it. I bought Rogue Leader which is awesome. I also really like Super Monkey Ball. My girlfriend and I play it a lot. It's great fun. The multi-player modes are good as well. I just wish the controller was a little bigger.

As far as the X-Box goes, I am pleasedd with it as well. I think Halo is one of the best games that I have ever had the honor of playing. There is something so rewarding about sticking a grenade on someone's face and watching them run around helpless. Everything about that game is superb. My only gripe about the X-Box is the controller. The buttons are too close together and are difficult to find and tell apart.

stillakid
12-21-2001, 06:05 PM
Did Utini just take a poetry class in his High School? Maybe this is homework.:confused:

General Veers
12-21-2001, 06:25 PM
i got a gamcube for my son

bigbarada
12-21-2001, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by stillakid
Did Utini just take a poetry class in his High School? Maybe this is homework.:confused:

He doesn't sound intelligent enough to even be in high school yet.

Starfig873
12-22-2001, 11:45 AM
Creepy, creepy :rolleyes:

Well I got my Gamecube on launch...luckily. :)
I only have RL but Smash Brothers Melee is looking mighty sweet for purchase.

What do you have when the game is over?

Alot of mighty fine memories actually. :D

Hee hee, Utinni is sounding like SSG's personal Oompa Loompa. :Pirate:

QLD
12-23-2001, 05:45 PM
I picked up Super Smash Brothers Melee, it is an excellent title as well.

LTBasker
12-23-2001, 06:19 PM
I'm getting a GameCube and Rogue Leader on the 3rd, they're in lay-a-way at Wal-Mart now so I don't have to worry about any Sold Out signs. :D

bigbarada
12-30-2001, 09:18 PM
Well, just bought a Gamecube and Rogue Leader yesterday and I must say I am very happy with the game. My only gripe is my skill at video games. I have none!! This game is a little too hard for me right now. I can't even get past the first level! How do you make it through the Death Star Trench without a TIE Fighter coming up from behind and blowing you to smithereens?

More important, does anyone have cheat codes for infinite lives, infinite shields and opening all levels? It'd make the game much less frustrating for me.:frus:

I think my next game purchase will be Pikmin. It seems just bizarre and quirky enough to keep my interest.:crazed:

Wolfwood319
12-30-2001, 10:46 PM
When those TIEs come up behind you, just loop up and behind them and blast them. That's the easiest way to do it, you don't have to stay in the trench.

Pikmin is indeed an excellent and wierd game. I highly recomend it.

What is up with this "Utinni" stuff? Some posts refer to him but I've never seen a post by him.

derek
12-30-2001, 11:09 PM
like wolfwood said, just slam on the brakes when the ties come up behind you, let them pass, then blast away!:)

bigbarada
12-31-2001, 12:57 AM
I knew it would be something idiotically simple!:stupid:

I picked up Pikmin this evening and I love it! Awesome and totally original! Shigeru Miyamoto is truly a gaming genius!

Utinni was a poster who flooded the boards with meaningless tripe last week, was suspended and had all his posts erased. Pay him no mind Wolfwood, he was of no consequence.