PDA

View Full Version : SSG SW Galaxies Clan

Pages : [1] 2 3

QLD
06-18-2003, 03:46 PM
Everyone,

JJB and I were talking, and we really want to coordinate a group of people who are going to play SW Galaxies.

We want to all be on the same server so we can all play together, help each other out, and become a dominant clan in the Galaxies community.

First thing we need to do is all agree on a server to play on.

I found the server list on the official site today.

1. Ahazi US West Coast
2. Bloodfin US East Coast
3. Bria US West Coast - Currently the Beta Server
4. Chilastra US East Coast
5. Corbantis US West Coast
6. Eclipse US East Coast
7. Flurry US West Coast
8. Gorath US East Coast
9. Intrepid US West Coast
10. Kauri US East Coast
11. Kettemoor US West Coast
12. Lowca US East Coast
13. Naritus US West Coast
14. Radiant US East Coast
15. Scylla US West Coast
16. Starsider US East Coast
17. Sunrunner US West Coast
18. Tarquinas US East Coast
19. Valcyn US West Coast
20. Wanderhome US East Coast

So we need to agree which one to use when we sign up.

Also, I assume we would need to name the clan too.

Anyway, I hope you are all interested, and we can have a great time in Galaxies. I am very much looking forward to it!

Teeska Mon Eebon
06-18-2003, 03:59 PM
I have a few questions....

First thing what is the difference between all those up there?

Second does anyone know what the online gaming fee is going to be?

I have wanted to get this game for a long time but if the fee is too high then I'd rather not...

Beast
06-18-2003, 04:04 PM
Thanks for finding the info, LIMP. I was looking for them to release the server names today. You beat me to it. I assume we should just go for the one that seems to be moderatly busy. So that we have some non-SSG's to play with also. Not that that should be much of a problem with the numbers they are reporting for pre-sales. :)

Here's the gaming fees, from StarWars.Com. :)

At launch Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided will offer four subscription plan options: Month-to-month - $14.99; three months - $14.00 per month; six months - $13.00 per month; and 12 months - $12.00 per month. By subscribing to any of the latter three plans, players can expect savings of up to 20 percent over the month-to-month rate.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
06-18-2003, 08:27 PM
This just in, the NDA will drop at Midnight tonight. So we'll be able to discuss more on exactly what we might be doing with our characters then. But we could start trying to come up with a clan name and what species we're going to play. Limp and myself were figuring independents as well, since it would be hard to ally up if some of us were Imps and some were Rebs. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

QLD
06-18-2003, 08:35 PM
Yeah, I am figuring, at least right now....thatI will want to be a neutral human. A smuggler perhaps.

But, we'll see once we get more information on the game soon.

derek
06-18-2003, 09:43 PM
i really want to play this game, so much that i'm getting a new video card and more memory so i'll meet the requirements.

but i'm really new to online role playing games. my online multiplayer experiences are limited to medal of honor and other first person shooters.

so, LIMP, and jar jar, could you guys explain what you guys are talking about?:)

how would all this work? (servers, clans, dominating, species, etc...)

thanks. :cool:

Beast
06-18-2003, 10:01 PM
Basically it's a MMORPG - Massive Multi-player Online Role Playing Game. If you ever played any of the RPG books, just take that and make it a computer game.

The current Eight playable races are - Humans, Wookies, Mon Calamari, Rodians, Twi'lek, Trandoshan, Bothan, and Zabrak. More species will be added with expansions, is the current plan.

Now, each species has strengths and weaknesses. I can't really discuss them much, due to the NDA. But just think of what you have seen in the movies, as far as like Wookie strengths and weaknesses. Humans will be the best 'all around' characters. As they have more options to advance, being the more commen species.

All the above servers are exact copies of each other. They make serveral different ones, so as to not overwhelm certain worlds with players and cause lag. We'll probably want to pick one somewhere in the middle once the game comes out. Because to few players is as bad as too many.

Clans are just groups of friends, that band together to help each other. If it's like Asheron's Call, the larger your "Clan" the more perks your allowed. Such as mansions. Not that things are the same in Galaxies, as the NDA makes me unable to say much.

For the best source of info, check out the official site and it's FAQ files and boards. :)

http://starwarsgalaxies.station.sony.com

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
06-18-2003, 10:10 PM
More up to date info on the servers from one of the Public Relation Folks for Star Wars Galaxies.

The game is built such that we don’t want to segment the population too much so at this time we do not have an “official” PVP or RPG or German etc. Galaxy. That of course doesn’t stop you all from having “unofficial” servers.

For example, many fans are promoting:

Ahazi - US West Coast
Bloodfin - US East Coast - unofficial PVP server (www.swgpvp.com)
Bria - US West Coast
Chilastra - US East Coast
Corbantis - US West Coast
Eclipse - US East Coast – unofficial UK player server
Flurry - US West Coast
Gorath - US East Coast – unofficial German player server
Intrepid - US West Coast
Kauri - US East Coast – unofficial French player server
Kettemoor - US West Coast
Lowca - US East Coast
Naritus - US West Coast
Radiant - US East Coast
Scylla - US West Coast
Starsider - US East Coast – unofficial RPG server
Sunrunner - US West Coast - unofficial RPG server
Tarquinas - US East Coast
Valcyn - US West Coast - unofficial PVP server (www.swgpvp.com)
Wanderhome - US East Coast

While I recommend you play on any server you choose, it’s important to let you know what large communities are moving in. What ones have I missed in this list?

-Kevin O'Hara
Community Relations Manager
Oh and also note, that they are not going to open all 20 servers at once. Only the first 10 (alphabetically) will be up on release day, and more will come on line as needed afterwards in alphabetical order. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!
Jar Jar Binks

MrMet
06-18-2003, 10:35 PM
I am currently in the Beta and t minus 2 hours till end of NDA. Buy the game and you wont be dissapointed. Thats all i will say for now

scronkey
06-18-2003, 10:54 PM
Hi there.
Like everyone here, I'm greatly looking forward to this release, and being a visitor to SSG for quite some time, I like this idea a lot.

I have little exp. with MMORPG's, but quite familiar with gaming in general. Will this be a hinderance to the 'clan'?

Also, I live in Australia, so should I be forgetting about all this now, due to the possible lag I will bring connecting to a server in the US?
I have broadband, but don't know if that would do it...

-Scronk

Beast
06-18-2003, 11:01 PM
Well, all the servers will be stateside at launch. And there are already people playing in Beta from all over the world. So the lag shouldn't be that bad. Especially if you're on Broadband. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

QLD
06-18-2003, 11:08 PM
Yes, definately, the more the merrier!!!

I am thinking that "Chilastra - US East Coast" would be a good server to be on.

dr_evazan22
06-18-2003, 11:20 PM
I definitely want to join an SSG clan. Not too familirar w/ MMORPG's though. My first question is: What does it matter where the server is?

QLD
06-18-2003, 11:28 PM
Well, if we all aren't on the same server, we cannot play with each other. They can't have everyone on the same server.

Beast
06-18-2003, 11:29 PM
"Chilastra" sounds good, as long as it doesn't get swamped the day the game goes hot. As for why it matters? Some people like a server close to them. That way they get less lag, due to having less hops from your Internet Provider location, to the server.

I've never noticed any real big deal. I play Asheron's Call currently from the east coast, and all the servers are on the west coast. And I don't encounter all that many problems with lag issues. Some people are just particular. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

dr_evazan22
06-18-2003, 11:46 PM
Thanks!

Second question has to do w/ NDA...

I'm assuming the "ND" is for non disclosure, well, agreement?

Well, I'm off to the OS to get more info.

JangoFart
06-19-2003, 12:08 AM
Well, I can tell you the following without violating the NDA: Lower your expectations.

I've been playing it for a few months now in beta and I'll tell you that it was great, cool, gee-whiz, etc., for about a week. My beta time on this game will suit me just fine to where I won't be buying it and couldn't imagine paying monthly to play it.

Just my $.02.

J

scronkey
06-19-2003, 12:09 AM
I need a little further explanation, if possible.

Although it is a MMORPG, are all servers mutually exclusive?
I mean that is each server an entire game, and you do not play against people in other servers?

Does this mean that each server can have many players, making it MASSIVE?

What will the limit be per server?

I understood MMORPGS as 1000's of players in the world.

Am I way off here?

As one of our more infamous politicians said many times:
"Please explain!"

-Scronk

Beast
06-19-2003, 12:21 AM
Yes, all servers are seperate copies of same database. Each server contains a copy of the game, and there is no in game contact between another server and yours. :)

Yes, each server can handle many many players. Enough so that there will always be someone on each of the various planets on each server. So you won't be all alone, no matter what planet you're on.

Yes, there is a limit of players per servers. Just to ensure that you don't get everyone playing on Server #1, and making the place laggy. Don't worry the limits are fairly large from what I know.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Teeska Mon Eebon
06-19-2003, 10:52 AM
What's in the Collectors edition? I saw it on pre-order but I didn't want to blow 30 bucks on a fancy box that I'm going to trow away...

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-19-2003, 11:40 AM
Man I can't wait . . .
I myself will be a Wookiee, and if we are all neutral, perhaps a bounty hunter. :evil: But I'm hoping to unlock the Jedi!
However, I might not use the one everyone else on SSG is, cause I'm in Colorado and sometimes my AOL messes up. I'll try it and see how it goes. :)

JangoFart
06-19-2003, 01:42 PM
This should go without saying, but I'll say it anyway: If you don't have DSL or Cable, don't bother wasting money on this game. Because that's exactly what you'll do - waste your money.

The through-put on this game is steady and playable with DSL and Cable, but I've tried it with an ISDN and if ISDN won't run it playably, a dial up sure won't.

J

Beast
06-19-2003, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Teeska Mon Eebon
What's in the Collectors edition? I saw it on pre-order but I didn't want to blow 30 bucks on a fancy box that I'm going to trow away...
You get an autographed collector's copy of the instruction manual. A concept art book for the game. A sew-on patch with the Star Wars Galaxies Logo. A Pin with the Star Wars Galaxies Logo. And a pewter figure of a female Zabrak. And last but not least, and exclusive in-game wearable. In this case, glasses/goggles. There are no other eyewear coded into the game yet, so people with the Collector's Edition have somthing to brag about. Here's the three styles. Note that they do resize and look differnt depending on the species that wears them. And you choose the tint and color of the lenses, etc. :)

Eyewear #1 (http://starwarsgalaxies.station.sony.com/images/screenshots/may03/goggles_s021_r1_c1.jpg)
Eyewear #2 (http://starwarsgalaxies.station.sony.com/images/screenshots/may03/goggles_s031_r1_c1.jpg)
Eyewear #3 (http://starwarsgalaxies.station.sony.com/images/screenshots/may03/goggles_s011_r1_c1.jpg)
Eyewear Basic Design (http://starwarsgalaxies.station.sony.com/images/screenshots/may03/eyewear_r1_c1.jpg)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

droidekas2
06-19-2003, 06:07 PM
I'm very excited about this game coming out and would love to be part of a SSG clan. It does make sense that we are all neutral. Ive been thinking about being a Twi'lek.
I have no opinion on which server we should be on so I will leave it up to Jarjar and others of the group. Just let me know.

dr_evazan22
06-19-2003, 06:46 PM
I went to LucasArts to pre-order and it said something about it only being for North america right now. I mention that b/c someone from Australia had responded. Will it be country specific?

On the Q&A, Kevin quoted someone as saying they already had 2 copies and would possibly buy a 3rd. Why buy more than 1? Do you need to have more then 1 for additional characters?

pthfnder89
06-19-2003, 09:50 PM
Hey everyone. I saw the news about forming a clan and I'd definitely like to take part. I never bothered with any other MMORPG's since I've been waiting three years for Galaxies so having some other friends to learn with sounds great. :)

Don;t know if I'll bother with the Delux edition though. The exclusive item was the only thing that interested me and since they are all only goggles, I'd rather spend the money upgrading my RAM fior the game.

Sidiously Darth
06-19-2003, 11:21 PM
I plan on buying this game, eventually. Right now, I'm still on dail-up and it doesn't sound like that's going to work. (Even though I read a release saying that it was suppose to.)

So when I do get back to DSL or cable, will I still be able to jump into the SSG group? I might be behind everyone else but it's just not in the budget right now.

Beast
06-19-2003, 11:30 PM
People in beta are playing on dial-up. I know people who are. The only reason it's bad for beta, is cause they are stressing the beta server with tons of people. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

QLD
06-19-2003, 11:59 PM
You can join us whenever you want.

Just check let us know when you are ready so we can make sure you are on the same server as us.

I believe I will be going with the regular version myself.

With less people on each server, it should be a little better for dialup.

CooLJoE
06-20-2003, 02:16 AM
I'm on the beta and have been since last November. Its quite a good game.

I will be going Twi'Lek for my first character, main reason is cuz I like the look of the Twi'Lek female (especially for a Jedi ;) ). Other is because of this little tid bit which many of you will be interested in knowing....

...NO ONE can have the same first name. Now isn't that a lovely feature? I found this out because I had a Twi'Lek brawler in beta with a name I MADE UP. The wipe characters every so often, and when I went back to remake my character, it said the name was in use. I tried different last names and it said the same thing. Went searching the site and found out that it won't allow the same first name for any characters. Thats a pile of crap if you ask me. And trust me, my name isn't one that is often used. Heck, I doubt anyone else thought of using this name...instead I bet it was stolen after the wipe.

Oh well, if you're worried about your name being taken, better get the game early and create your character fast. I plan to buy it and be in the game within the first hour its released JUST to be sure.

BTW, I would love to join the SSG clan. I haven't been on here in awhile, but thats because I've taken a break from being over-flowed with SW info. With the game coming out and SSG starting a clan, I'll probably be browsing the forums every so often.

Adam
06-20-2003, 03:45 AM
This is a great idea! I'm deffinatly in. I haven't decided what species to be yet though. I hope we can come to a diffinite answer to which server we will all play on soon, so I make sure I sign up for the right one. :crazed: Just one more week!

MrMet
06-20-2003, 05:56 PM
You can have one character on each server so if you join the wrong one you can just create a new character on the correct server.

CooLJoE
06-21-2003, 02:32 AM
I think you limited to 2 or 3 characters in total. And like MrMet said, you can only have 1 character per server.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-24-2003, 01:06 PM
I probably should've asked this before, but how much does it initially cost, and will it be available at any old store like Target or Wal-Mart?

QLD
06-24-2003, 01:36 PM
I believe the standard version is around $49.99. The deluxe version is around $79.99.

I pre-ordered my regular version from EBGames.com. They actually ship the day before release, so I should have it release day.

Only a few more days! In fact, It should ship tomorrow!

I can't wait......and I am still working on a name for my character. But I am going to be a human.

Are we still looking at using the Chilastra server?

Deoxyribonucleic
06-24-2003, 02:52 PM
I would love to play with everyone from here for sure...as I won't be getting the game right away, but soon, I'll play on whatever server you all pick when the time comes!

I'm really excited to play this game!! WOOHOO!

Udem
06-25-2003, 01:27 PM
Long time lurker, first time poster. Expressing my interest to join the clan that you guys are working on. Chilastra server sounds fine to me, I can't remember them all but that one will definitely be up for launch.

mrmiller
06-25-2003, 03:21 PM
What's the official name of the clan going to be? I'd sugges it be SSG - Sir Steve's Guild

=MATT=

QLD
06-25-2003, 05:46 PM
Good one mrmiller!

I am for that if everyone else is!

dr_evazan22
06-25-2003, 07:00 PM
SSG sounds good!

Another question I hope someone can help w/:
If your character dies, can you create another? Is there a fee?

I guess I'll find out in a day or two...

scronkey
06-25-2003, 09:46 PM
It's the 26th now, here in Australia, so you lot will all be out shopping/picking up your copies.

I cannot afford to join yet, but certainly plan on being a member of SSGuild (good one!)

To any beta testers out there, can anyone give me an approximation of the data usage of say an hours average play?

I ask because I am on broadband, but broadband is quite expensive here in Aus, and I have a 3GB limit. I'm guessing 3GB is plenty for the game, but I also do a lot of other stuff....

-- May The Guide Lead Us To The Guild --

Udem
06-25-2003, 11:50 PM
dr_evazan22...If your character dies, he gets transported to the nearest cloning facility. Only one character per server, so you can't create another without deleting the first one. There is no permadeath if that's what you meant, well except for Jedi.

scronkey...Beta's over sadly, but I'm not sure I can help with your question. I never really knew if there was a way to check your system's performance. Wish I could be more helpful.

Adam
06-26-2003, 12:40 AM
So who's the leader of our gang of misfits? I'd like to know if some friends of mine could be allowed in, although they don't post on SSG.

Beast
06-26-2003, 06:26 AM
I'm for SSG as well. Since we've got the Master Chief (Steve himself) backing the clan. :)

Leaders - We haven't designated a an official 'leader' yet. I suggest we go for more of a democracy with a ruling council instead of one person being designated a 'leader'. I don't want it being too political. After playing Asheron's Call for 3+ years, I can tell you that IG politics can majorly suck. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

QLD
06-26-2003, 09:36 AM
Well, my game just arrived by FedEx! So I am going to give it a whirl! I'll give an update in a little while.

As fas as leaders, I think we have to choose SOMEONE to create it....in most cases, a person has to create the guild. We'll find out tonight I guess.

QLD
06-26-2003, 12:29 PM
Well....I am trying to play....they finally got the servers up around noon, but now trying to register is taking....well, forever......

CooLJoE
06-26-2003, 01:17 PM
Same here. Got the game at like 11am and I'm STILL trying to get past the subscription process (its 1:10pm if your wondering).

QLD
06-26-2003, 03:04 PM
Well, I had to give up and go to work :(

I won't be hom till midnight to play it, but hopefully they will have the server issue taken care of by then....

Udem
06-26-2003, 04:47 PM
I got home around 3 to find my game waiting for me, but I can't register either. I'll keep trying though. To keep things organized post your character's name when it's created. See you all in game.

Sentinel18725
06-26-2003, 05:12 PM
Can anyone register yet?

MrMet
06-26-2003, 06:27 PM
6 pm here and nope cant get in. it will only get worse once 8 pm gets here and you get a rush of players from west coast trying to access servers

QLD
06-26-2003, 06:34 PM
Yeah....I am glad I went ahead and came to work today. Funn thing is, I doubt it will be up by the time I get home, at 12:30 EST

Beast
06-26-2003, 06:37 PM
Latest news:

We would like to apologize for the problems you are having registering for Star Wars Galaxies. A combination of hardware failures and some other unforeseen technical problems have resulted in severe load on the registration servers. We are working as hard as we can to resolve the issue and will continue to work on it until you have a smooth experience. Please bear with us-we’ll get you into the game as soon as we can!

I apologize for the lack of communication on our end. It isn’t for lack of trying (I’ve been trying to post this message for a over an hour). This is our first time with the new forum software. It is good software but apparently it needs some work to handle this load. On the good side, our previous forums would be dead in the water right now (you pre-release people know what I’m talking about). We’re also posting this message on the news section of the front page of the site.

More updates coming soon.

Kevin "Q-3PO" O'Hara
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
06-26-2003, 08:37 PM
More news:

Our numbers have been rising, but we have taken subscriptions off line briefly to debug it. We think we might know the issue.

Another update soon.

Kevin "Q-3PO" O'Hara
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Udem
06-26-2003, 09:34 PM
Well I finally registered with some help from the main forums. If using Internet Explorer...Delete all cookies and all temp files. then set security to lowest setting possibly. It took me five tries but Im finally downloading game. By the way all east coast servers are down...they really need four server locations, one for each time zone.

QLD
06-26-2003, 09:41 PM
downloading the game???

Is there an update to pick up???

So the server we were planning on using is down???
great......

Maybe it will be running close to normal when I get home in 3 hours.....

Beast
06-26-2003, 09:53 PM
I had to do the same before I could finally get in. And yeah, LIMP. There's a fairly sizeable patch to pick up. Since they were making bug fixes up to the last minute of Beta, long after the game was already bundled and ready to go. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Sidiously Darth
06-26-2003, 10:13 PM
I'm glad that I've decided to wait a while on this one. The fact that the game can run on dialup doesn't help that you must download a "sizable patch" before you can even begin to play. I'm thinking that I should wait a few months until the updated edition comes out. It will probably have other bug fixes included and hopefully most of the server glitches will be fixed.

QLD
06-26-2003, 10:19 PM
So are you on now Jar Jar???? Cool. What server, and what is your characters name?

Beast
06-26-2003, 10:31 PM
There won't be an updated edition. Every month new content will be added, to make the download even larger. The next expansion doesn't come out until 2004 with the addition of Space and the ability to own starships. :)

Not on yet, still downloading the patch. Almost a 2 hour one on dial-up, even with my optimal connection speed. Seems they fixed a lot of stuff there at the end. Which is good for everyone. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

QLD
06-26-2003, 10:38 PM
Well, with your downloading speed, we should both be getting on around 12:30 tonight. ;)

Fotunately I have DSL, I just hope their download server isn't too backed up.

Sentinel18725
06-26-2003, 10:42 PM
Any suggestions everybody? I'm not the most computer savvy but my computer is telling me that my computer is not supporting Direct 3D....am I SOL and have to buy another video card?

My computer lists it as a "NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model 64".

Udem
06-26-2003, 10:57 PM
Says I have about until 11:36pm EST, but the fact that the East Coast servers are down doesn't help any.

Sentinel...go to lucasarts.com and see the tech support page. I'm not sure how old that vid card is though. Other than that I suggest trying to find the newest drivers for the video card.

pthfnder89
06-27-2003, 12:08 AM
I managed to register after about an hour. I designed my avatar too, but before I could finalize it, the server I was using went offline so I still don't have a character. Plus, now the login server is down so I can't do anything at all. :(

Still, I can't wait until tomorrow!

QLD
06-27-2003, 01:28 AM
AGH! I am registered now, no problem.......but all the servers are down, so I can't create a character to play..... :dead:

Beast
06-27-2003, 01:56 AM
Some good news for those of us who did manage to register on the 26th. Launch day will not count on our subscriptions. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
06-27-2003, 02:08 AM
Well, spoke to soon. Latest news. :(

Servers status - June 26th

We apologize for the inconvienence, but we have found a serious problem with our database that is being worked on as we speak. We expect to have most of our servers back online sometime in the early morning West Coast time on Friday.. Our best estimate is 8:00am Pacific time… but we will update this time as we get better estimates.

We sincerely apologize for this unforseen problem and we look forward to getting you all back in the game as soon as possible.

Kevin "Q-3PO" O'Hara
Community Relations Manager
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lord Malakite
06-27-2003, 08:18 AM
Sounds like you guys have a mess on your hands. :D The wonders of online gaming never cease to amaze me. There is never a dull moment. :crazed:

I'll go ahead and sticky the thread. :)

QLD
06-27-2003, 09:27 AM
Thanks Lord Malakite!

It's a big mess, and I'll be surprised if it gets fixed today......but here's hoping!

derek
06-27-2003, 09:57 AM
i'm so glad i didn't buy this game yet...........i'll wait till they get the bugs worked out............:crazed:

Beast
06-27-2003, 12:13 PM
Well, she's working now. Made my character on Chilantra already. Though not 100% sure I'm totally happy with him. I logged out for now, as I need to read through the manual a few dozen times to get used to the controls. But for now here's my info. :)

Name: Gryll
Species: Wookie
Career: Marksman
Current Location: Mos Espa, Tatooine

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

CooLJoE
06-27-2003, 12:27 PM
I made my character last night then quit and did some other stuff. I pretty much just wanted my character done so when the servers are all up and working, I could just go in a play.

Here's my Character info on Chilantra (server for SSG peeps). I named her myself and am quite proud of how SW-ish it sounds.

Name: Alura Tuvari
Species: Twi'lek (female)
Career: Brawler
Current Location: Mos Eisley, Tatooine

QLD
06-27-2003, 12:29 PM
Well....I am trying to create my character now....but....it is taking forever to connect tothe login server.

Beast
06-27-2003, 12:37 PM
I tried to get to Mos Eisley, but they said that area was overful so I had to snag Espa. We'll have to meet somewhere on Tatooine. Limp, they are performing server matinence. :)

"New logins to the game will be unavailable for a brief period (about an hour) while we do some maintenance. Players who are already logged in will be unaffected."

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

CooLJoE
06-27-2003, 03:50 PM
Yeah, we'll have to find a place to meet up.

I'm hoping to get a house sometime soon. I figure we should get a place for the clan to stay at. And eventually build up our own city.

QLD
06-27-2003, 04:11 PM
OK, I got my character created, I just need to go through the tutorial.

Character name: Mando Calrossian
Server: Chilastra
Career: Marksman

Udem
06-27-2003, 04:14 PM
Here's my info...if you cant get into a city on Tattoine right away just wait a while. I was in the tutorial and eventually Mos Eisley popped up.

Name: Tracker
Species: Human
Profession: Artisan

QLD
06-27-2003, 04:49 PM
I am in Mos Espa......no idea what to do, but I am there....

CooLJoE
06-27-2003, 05:50 PM
Lando In My Pants - Watch out. SWG peeps have said they will watch for names relating to characters from the series. I know yours isn't the same, just saying watch out since its only 1 letter off for the first and last name, from Lando Calrissian.

pthfnder89
06-27-2003, 06:01 PM
Created a starter character to fiddle with. I''m going to start my real one on Chilantra now so I'll be checking around Tatooine for everyone. :)

Name : Joss Tavin
Species : Human
Career : Scout

Udem
06-27-2003, 07:21 PM
Well I managed to meet up with Mando...pthfnder 89 I think everyone is in Mos Eisley right now. (Mando was but he didnt know it, heh) I'll add your name to my friends list and check around for you.

pthfnder89
06-27-2003, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by Udem
pthfnder 89 I think everyone is in Mos Eisley right now. (Mando was but he didnt know it, heh) I'll add your name to my friends list and check around for you.

Good to know. I tried to get into Mos Eisley but I couldn't, so I've been stuck at Betsin. I need to take a page from JarJar and read through the manual so I know how to do useful things like use a buddy list ;)

CooLJoE
06-28-2003, 06:43 PM
I met up with Tracker (Udem) in the game. So far my friend list has: Tracker, Mando, Joss, and Gryll.

To get to the friend list, hit CTRL+P. Then click the friends tab. To add people, just type the first name in the text box at the bottom and hit "add".

So far the SSG group friend list should have:

Alura
Gryll
Tracker
Mando
Toss

QLD
06-28-2003, 07:45 PM
Does anyone know how to create a guild in the game yet???

Udem
06-28-2003, 08:52 PM
Im not exactly sure about the guild thing, but what I do know is that it takes a master architect to build a guild hall...along with that goes a mess load of credits. So I think in order to have a PA you must have a PA hall, I hope that's not true but it does keep from any old somebody from having a guild. Maybe they want the PAs to be actual accomplishments...(I'd prefer the EQ way myself)

Adam
06-29-2003, 01:42 AM
Odama Bassilar
Bothan
Naboo
Currently an Artisan, will eventually be a Creature Trainer.

CooLJoE
06-29-2003, 12:47 PM
Cool, one more to add to the list.

Yeah, to create a real guild or PA, you have to have a master architect and a PA Hall deed. Its a good amount of work, but yes, it will deter the average joe from trying to make his own PA for no reason.

I talked with Udem in game about it. If needed, I'll go towards being a Master Architect and we can all build up some cash on the side to get the deed. Then we'll pick a spot and i'll build the hall.

If you guys don't want a PA, thats fine too. Its up to all of us to decide.

pthfnder89
06-29-2003, 03:31 PM
I'd be interested in a player association but I'm not sure how much time I could devote to the game.

Glad I can finally list you guys on my friends list though.:) Next time I get on, I'll be looking around.

plasticfetish
06-30-2003, 01:07 AM
I am becoming sooo jealous of you guys.
I've stayed away from online gaming for years now ... but this one ... mmmm ...
I'll be watching to see how it works out for you all.

QLD
06-30-2003, 05:18 AM
Well, things are going GREAT in the game, and I am having a blast. Most of the bugs have been worked out. There are the occassional server maintenance times, but that is it.

I hope you all join up!

chrisc
06-30-2003, 09:22 AM
I am jealouse of you guys to. Just reading about this game makes me want to go online to play it. I have stayed away from online game for awile but this one is getting to me. what kind of stuff do you do in the game? Can you kill people for the hell of it? What happens to them when they die? Is there any kind of explosive devices to be used?

pthfnder89
07-01-2003, 09:48 AM
what kind of stuff do you do in the game? Can you kill people for the hell of it? What happens to them when they die? Is there any kind of explosive devices to be used?

Thankfully there is no random PKing (player-killing) in Galaxies. If you want, you can challenge someone to a duel, but they have to accpet for you to be able to attack them, so it's very balanced. There are also ways to battle between large groups but I haven't seen much of this yet since everyone is still getting started in the game.

Basically, you get to pick a profession, and then you specialize in certain Skills, mostly just by practicing them. For example, if you want to be an expert Marksman, you would go on hunting parties to the desert or forrest and for each animal you kill, you get a certain amount of experience points. The more points you get, the better you become at hunting and shooting etc...

It's much more complicated than that sometimes, but I'm still learning so I can't really go into them. It's a load of fun though, I'd definitely suggest you try it.:)

CooLJoE
07-01-2003, 02:53 PM
Having to challenge someone to a duel is kind of retarded. I think that should only apply to inside the cities or "safe" areas. Think about it. What if you were a bounty hunter that took a mission to kill a player in the game? How would you kill them if they have to accept?

derek
07-01-2003, 06:19 PM
Having to challenge someone to a duel is kind of retarded. I think that should only apply to inside the cities or "safe" areas. Think about it. What if you were a bounty hunter that took a mission to kill a player in the game? How would you kill them if they have to accept?

i agree. to add to the realism, assulting other players should be allowed, but if one did attack another player in a populated area, they should get beat down and arrested by a squad of stormtroopers and thrown in jail, so hopefully that would prevent random assults, but leave them a possiblity. :evil:

........and in the unpopulated areas, one would have to be a very skilled fighter or travel in large groups to safely venture out into the desert or forrests.

......so i guess one couldn't play as a tusken raider and start a tribe and go out on raids and such?

MrMet
07-01-2003, 08:23 PM
I dont think you need permission if you are a bounty hunter. you will already have accepted a mission to get him so i think he would be attackable. You can also kill anyone from an opposing faction ie:rebels and imperials. I got my imperial staus already and have been mauling rebel NPC's on Tatooine. I am working my way towards getting a few stormtroopers so they can do the dirty work for me. I think they cost like 400 faction points though. And right now i have chosen to remain covert so the rebels can not identify me. As soon as i get my troopers i imagine i wont be able to be hidden for long. I want to also get a AT ST i saw a few guys during beta with them and they were awesome.

CooLJoE
07-02-2003, 02:47 AM
Unfortunately you can't drive an AT-ST just yet. That will be added on sometime this year (free update of course).

pthfnder89
07-02-2003, 08:39 AM
I've run into a few Rebel soldiers, but how can I gain faction points to become one? (or Imperial for that matter?)

CooLJoE
07-02-2003, 01:33 PM
I've run into a few Rebel soldiers, but how can I gain faction points to become one? (or Imperial for that matter?)

You need to visit imperial or rebel mission terminals and do missions.

dr_evazan22
07-03-2003, 01:11 AM
I've been creating characters on other servers to learn the game...

I met Poojib (?sp?) Amidala, or is it Naberrie?, on Naboo and have been doing tasks for. Let's just say I'm her love slave. Anyway, I've only been paid 75 cred's and haven't gotten any Reb faction points yet.

Still having a heck of a time figuring out how to craft an item though. Also healing the black bars. Last time I went to the hospital. I ended up quiting till the next day. When I came back the balck was gone.

CooLJoE
07-06-2003, 03:37 PM
I've dropped my artisan profession for now. Actually I dropped it because I thought I had to so I could start a new profession. Oh well, I'll pick it up once I get enough cash and find a trainer.

So far I have Brawler, Marksmen, and Medic for professions. I picked up medic because even stupid little Gorgs are able to take me down. So right now I have Intermediate Carbine, Intermediate Ranged, and soon I'll have Advanced Carbine. That along with the ability to heal should help me against my mission with Gorgs.

Its a tough game at times, but I'm enjoying it. I remember when I played UO.....TWICE....and it was never as fun as this. I kind of like the idea of paying for your training or atleast getting it from someone else. Makes it harder for people to gain Expert/Master in a profession. And creates a nice economy.

JEDIpartner
07-07-2003, 03:09 PM
If the box lists "Windows 98 SE" will it run on Windows 98?

QLD
07-07-2003, 10:11 PM
I am about to drop the artisan trade as well. I master engineering, but I apparantly have to master tailoring now to be able to make the next type of armor. Really I just wanted to do smuggler, but now I think I am just going bounty hunter instead.

Udem
07-07-2003, 10:12 PM
I think it will run on Windows 98 just fine but I can't say for certain. Had a bad day today, accidentally wiped my character and now must start anew. (Reminds me of beta kinda) I've only really seen LIMP around but hoping we can get some more people together at least a small group anyway. For now,which is hopefully just tonight, I'm shut out of Chilastra.

Chilastra is one of the more crowded servers (I think it takes second anyway), maybe a move to somewhere else is better for the future. Now I'm partly saying that because I don't have a character anymore but also because Full servers might stay full. Now I'm not sure LIMP would want to move somewhere else, heh.

I'm suggesting Wanderhome, next to Flurry it seems to be the least populated. Of course it doesn't really matter if we don't have alot of people playing together, but ya never know. A new start might be good, I know I don't have a choice whatever server I play on.

dr_evazan22
07-08-2003, 12:49 AM
I've been incommunicado for a few days b/c I've been playing so much!

I created an entertainer on Radiant. she's a Twi'Lek named Dan'Cor. I started her off at Mos Eisley but the system lag was terrible b/c of so many people in the Cantina (60 - 120 seconds between keying a command and it actually happening). I'm presuming that was the problem, it went away after I left ME.

I think that it's a little too easy to achieve teh next level if you can have another PC teach it though. I had reached the 3rd level Healing Ent and completed 1st level on both dancing and musicianship before moving on. BTW, the TwiLek females are CUTE! Anyway, it was fun watching all the entertainers perform all their flourishes. I love the dancers that can generate light- they're like Marvel's Dazzler!

What do you think of a seperate thread w/ a list of character names and servers?

CooLJoE
07-08-2003, 08:58 PM
Well, I'm going to continue my one on Chilastra since shes got 2nd level 1-handed and 2nd level carbine. Shes quite valuable to me.

Otherwise I have a character created on Lowca. A male artisan that I was using for testing so I could understand the process of crafting. If you guys want to use another server, I will gladly create a character on another server. But I have to say that my Chilastra character takes priority.

I think we should pick a medium population server. Light population will have less people and will tend to have people who don't care much for starwars traditions and makes it harder to find people who will train you. Medium kinda fits best since you get the people who didn't get into the full servers, but still care about SW traditions and means there are more people who can train you. Lemme know what you guys think. Infact Lowca is medium population I believe. Lets have a vote.

I'll pretty much go whereever you guys choose. I still want to create an SSG city.

QLD
07-09-2003, 12:51 PM
Well, I have put a lot into my Chilastra character as well, so I would hate to lose that time. But if people want to go to another server, that's fine, I'll make a character there as well.

Udem
07-09-2003, 04:05 PM
I think we'll just stay on Chilastra (even though I brought up the whole switching topic) hopefully the people who have the game now and read the boards will start making characters on Chilastra as their mains. I was just worried about the Full aspect of the server but I read something from a developer that put my mind at ease. For sake of doing it I'll post my character info again.

Name: Udem
Race: Human

QLD
07-10-2003, 02:04 AM
I'll re-post my information as well.

Name: Mando Calrossian
Race: Human

I am currently working on my scouting and marksmanship to be a bounty hunter. A little over halfway there.

pthfnder89
07-10-2003, 06:57 PM
Yeah, I was thinking about switching servers but it seems like its taken me forever to get where I am now and I STILL haven't even mastered a single profession. (it's kind of discouraging:() So I don't think I could switch now. There's still so much to explore. I haven't even been off of Tatooine yet!

I've been having a blast though. It just took me a loooong time to really figure out how to play because I hardly ever do RPGs. I'm still not sure what I want to be (other than trying to become a Jedi someday) so that's kind of halting my progress.

I've had fun hooking up with Mando online though and hoefully I'll see all you guys at some point! :)

pthfnder89
Chilastra
Species: Human
Usual Location: Bestine

CooLJoE
07-11-2003, 01:28 PM
And here's my character info again:

Name: Alura Tuvari
Race: Twi'Lek
Profession: Marksmen, Brawler, Medic

Trip J
07-14-2003, 09:22 AM
And how is it working out? Is it painfully slow, or do I have to finally break down and get a broadband connection to really enjoy this game?

QLD
07-14-2003, 06:09 PM
Actually, my network card died, and I have been playing on dialup the last week and a half. Other than downloading patches, I have noticed little to no difference in playing the game itself. It should be fine for anyone with dialup.

Trip J
07-15-2003, 09:22 AM
Well that'll send me over the edge. Guess I'll see everyone soon!

CooLJoE
07-15-2003, 03:30 PM
Don't forget to post your character name, location, server, etc when you get online. And make sure you go to Chilastra if you can.

dr_evazan22
07-16-2003, 01:05 AM
I haven't really had any problems w/ the dial up either.

LIMP- Mando got some email the other day.

Name: Gandhi'Too
Mos Eisley
Chilastra
Femlae twi'Lek dancer

derek
07-16-2003, 09:38 PM
got paid today.............so i bought a new video card, some more memory and star wars galaxies. :happy:

my initial impressions of this game are kinda mixed.........the graphics are super, i love the way my character runs, it looks like they used actual motion capture images of real people running............and the landscape is beautiful.

but a few things have me disapointed. i really don't like the combat function. correct me if i'm wrong, but my character fights automatically? that's no fun! :frus: .............and i think i've only met one real person so far..........i guess all the imperial officers and most locals are computer controlled?

i'm on the Chilastra server, but i'm on corellia, as i was not allowed to go to tatooine or naboo.........i guess they are too crowded??? :confused:

i've never played one of these games before.....so what am i supposd to do? run errands for others? explore the countryside? :D

Udem
07-16-2003, 11:54 PM
Well derek since you are new to these types of games I'll let you know something...not a MMORPG exists where there is twitch aka FPS style combat. SWG will eventually have it though, but only in space. So if your not used to it, it can be quite a change but the game is great so it won't matter eventually.

As for what to do, SWG lets you do pretty much anything you want, but I'll break it down as simply as I can. You can be a fighter, an entertainer, or a crafter. So ask yourself what you want to do, feel like beating things up play as a marksman or brawler. Feel like sitting in a cantina all day dancing or playing music, be an entertainer. Feel like finding resources and then crafting pretty much anything you can think of, be an artisan.

But I would say that one is really missing out on combat if they don't take that path...at least a little bit. It's really where the bulk of the game is. So I suggest taking marksman and running around the city you started in blasting the creatures you see. Also the manual is really helpful I find, or check the holocron in game by hitting ctrl+h.

Most importantly though, have fun, and I hope I see you in game.

Adam
07-17-2003, 02:37 AM
I hated the combat as well at first, but I got used to it after awhile.

Odama Bassilar
Theed(Usually), Naboo
Chilastra
Novice Scout, Medic, Artisan, and Marksmen. (Soon to be Novice Creature Handler :D )

derek
07-17-2003, 10:54 AM
this game is pretty cool, but i really doubt i'll continue to pay $15 a month to play it. if the combat system was more hands on, and if we had vehicles like speeders and starships i'd definately stick around, but as it stands now, i don't know if this is my kind of game, running errands, standing around in a bar and wondering around lost in the woods.......especially when it costs $15 a month to play! :crazed:

maybe if it were a few bucks i'd reconsider, maybe like $20 a year.............i'd really like a combat system like "legend of zelda: ocreana of time" had which allowed you to controll the combat.

too bad they don't have an option for folks who prefer a more action based game, which would let people like me be a rebel trooper, stormtrooper or sand person from the start and immediately get into battles/raids on settlements.:)

Adam
07-18-2003, 03:35 AM
I understand how you feel derek. Perhaps if you played again when such features are enabled? The downside to that is you wouldn't be able to afford a speeder or whatever since you wouldn't have earned the money. But hey, when I'm a creature trainer, and mounts are enabled, I'll give you a discount on an animal you can ride on. ;)

Sidiously Darth
07-24-2003, 05:36 PM
Hey guys! Well, I just purchased the game from a coworker whose son decided no to keep it. $25 for a $50 game is not a bad deal. The only thing that was open was the box. The shrink wrap was still on the cd case. :)

Anyway, I have a few questions before I install this puppy and lose all touch with reality.

Dialup seems to be working for some of you. Have you experienced any kind of problems?

Once I'm online, can I download the patches at work (highspeed network) and install them on my computer at home?

How large are the patches/downloads?

How much ram are most of you using, 256 or 512?

How many are in the SSG group and what server are you guys using again?

Thanks!
SD

QLD
07-25-2003, 03:57 AM
Nice price for the game SD!

Unfortunately, you'll have to download the patches at home, as they automatically download when you log-in. Each patch usually takes about 20 minutes on dialup, so I am not sure if you will have to download them all, or just the lastest one.

I haven't had any problems with dialup. Mostly just the patches take longer, and some things take a little longer to load (like the bazaar). But you should be fine. I hopefuly, will have my DSL working again tomorrow.

I have 512 of RAM, and don't have many problems. Most of my issues are lag, which is usually more server related than anything else.

As far as the SSG group, I have to say i am a little disappointed. The only person I have played with frequently is Udem, and we have a great little team going. We are on the Chilastra server, and spend most of our time on Naboo, and Tatooine. Currently I am on Naboo, in the city of Keren.

My character name is Mando Calrossian. Please feel free to look me up. Udem and I could use the company. Hopfully more SSG'ers will join us soon.

Adam
07-25-2003, 08:10 PM
Lando - I should be on later tonight. My name in game is Odama. I think I'm somewhere outside of theed. I'll msg you in game if I see you on. :D

Sidiously Darth
07-25-2003, 09:27 PM
Thanks Lando! As soon as I'm up and running, I'll drop a message with all the right info.

Tonysmo
07-26-2003, 05:38 PM
ok, Im in. well.. kinda.

Ive created a character on the server, but cannot seem to play but a few minutes before my PC re-boots on me.

I think I have a semi-top of the line PC, so I cannot understand what it could be? XP? my screen res? any suggestions?

Tonysmo
07-28-2003, 12:23 AM
fixed and golden.

tonysmo
human
naboo
Chilastra
marksman

can we send each other emails in the game? maybe we should send out emails when we log in letting others know we are there n stuff? Itd be nice to know when everyone is on so we can look out for each other.

Today was the first time I got into it. Im diggin it so far, and with that, I can already suggest the furst name change from Galaxies, to "THAT DAMN GAME" at least I can assure you all thats what my wife will be calling it. I have already gone through two missions on taking out some creature nests, fun stuff.. I killed a slave keeper guy as well.. maybe had he not had that lil blue mark next to him letting me know I could take him easily.. lootin tootin shootin WHOOOO HOOOOO!!

Im gonna have to hid up in a bar soon though, as I took plenty of battle damage and need to help of some entertainers.. I saw a few earlier and was mighty impressed by the music.

again, we need to figure out when everyone os on so we can hang.

Since I work midnights, Ill most likely be on in the mornings, sometimes, and of course on my days off..

cant wait to see you guys out there!

QLD
07-28-2003, 04:31 AM
Yes, you can send emails to people in the game. Also, you can add them to your friends list to see when they are on. To send someone a private message when they are on, type: /tell before your message, and only they will receive it.

I am currently at the Emperor's Retreat outside of Moenia (coordinates +2400, -3900), and it's pretty sweet. I just got inside, and saw Vader, the Emperor, and Thrawn. But for some reason Thrawn is COMPLETELY naked! :crazed:

The missions are a little hard, even with my probe droid, but still very fun nonetheless.

derek
07-28-2003, 02:15 PM
i'm curious if anyone knows if i can sell this game even after i signed up? would another person be able to use this game after my one month membership expires? i don't want to sell it only to find out later that the guy who bought it can't play it.

CooLJoE
07-29-2003, 11:37 AM
Sorry I haven't been contactable in the game. I stopped playing for awhile (I know I know, shame on me). Work tied me up to later hours than usual, and made me too tired to play. I'm gonna be coming back starting tonight. Gotta find this Moena, I wanna see Vader!

CooLJoE
08-01-2003, 10:13 PM
I've finally gotten back to my character in SWG. I've gained a bit more XP, but have added a new profession to my list. I was in the cantina watching the dancers and thought "I should take up the entertainer profession for fun." So I did, and now my character is on her way to getting Dancing I and Entertainer I.

So now I can go into battle for XP, get some cash and loot, then go to the cantina and dance for others while getting more XP and more cash. Plus people heal you while you dance, which is another bonus. It also gives you something more to do than just constant battling.

QLD
08-01-2003, 10:26 PM
Right now I am currently going about the laborious task of gaining 40,000 combat experience points to get Bounty Hunter. I finally became a master scout and master marksman. Once I get 30,000 more combat XP, I'll be rolling like Fett.... ;)

dr_evazan22
08-02-2003, 01:49 AM
Can anyone tell me how to get or build a generator? I was doing some surveying and I want to take advantage of what I found (sunlight!). I tried the bazaar, and it said that there were none available on the entire planet.

CooLJoE
08-02-2003, 12:53 PM
At the bazaar, look under "Data" and you'll find schematics for several items you can build.

Tonysmo
08-03-2003, 07:38 AM
SO.. so... Now that we have what? 10 people on the same server, Im all about meeting up and taking down a large Fambaa or two or three.. I found out the hard way I cant take one down even when its strength is practically drained.. so..

I say we figure out a night that we can all agree on being at a certain location at a certain time or something crazy like that.. lets crash the cantina on Theed!! something..

So far I'm enjoying the game, I have built up my skills slightly and have added entertainer and scout under my belt.. so now I can DANCE baby!! I enjoy joining the band and jammin.. now if I could only find a different instrument.. and a better pistol.. and um. a fishing rod. yeah! I saw a few people fishin and I'd like to give it a shot.. there is so much to this game. incredible I tell ya..

anyhow, I think we should all meet up, and go trade crazy, healing crazy, and training crazy..

/tip 250 for suggestions :D

also - as you guys figure out different tips, commands n such.. DUH! Post them! CMON!! WHOOO HOOOO (cabbage patch ) ITS YOUR BIRTHDA.. ok.. never mind. ( its late.. err, early.. )

RooJay
08-04-2003, 07:22 PM
Any of you folks happen to know why I can't get the faces on my more humanoid characters (human, twi'lek, zabrak) to work? At first, all I got was a black spot with eyes and teeth where the faces should be. Now I've managed to get a grey face with black and blue lines running across and absolutely no skin colors or texture mapping. Everything else seems to be working absolutley fine graphically. Any help here would be hot.

CooLJoE
08-04-2003, 08:17 PM
Tonysmo - I agree it would be fun to meet up on a certain day at a certain location and just roam around killing, healing, dancing, whatever.

RooJay - Sounds like your missing texture files or possibly don't meet the minimum requirements for the game. I would check the support forums at http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/. Your more likely to get a quick response/fix over there.

BenQuad
08-05-2003, 08:03 PM
Be with you guys soon... just working my way thru the manual. :)

QLD
08-10-2003, 03:40 AM
Is anyone still playing???

I am almost to bounty hunter. I just need 10,000 more combat XP.

Jar Jar, where are you? Haven't seen you since the first week. I'm getting lonely..lol.

Tonysmo
08-10-2003, 04:51 AM
I played a bit tonight.. not too much though. I wandered through the forest on Naboo, leaving Theed, going nowhere in particular.. I have worked my way up past the 2nd Pistol exp, and am working on the 3rd level of XP. Id like to try to gain some carbine xp, as I dropped a ton of credits on it.. just doesnt give me much use without the knowledge needed to use it correctly.. Patience young padwan.. yeah I know..

need to set it up with all your usernames so I can see whos online. I have the list, just failed to do it. Id also like to know if any of you have houses yet? will there be a future site for SSG'ers?

and are any of you crafters? lol, yeah, I know, who wants to be a crafter? just wanted someone to make me a fishing rod..

all in all, Im happy with the game. really need to stress about getting all of us together.. hunting the big stuff will take a team. Im tired of running.. running is for wimps. ( ala warriors )

would you say you all mostly play at night? late night? day ? early morning? all day? whenever you have the chance?

CooLJoE
08-10-2003, 11:54 AM
I mostly play at night.

The 'Xir
08-11-2003, 12:54 AM
What's up guys!!! I haven't been around of late so, I'm totaly lost. But, I just went out and bought the game for a modest 40 bucks! Got home Loaded everything fine, subscription went through just fine, went to hit play, and then it tells me I don't have enough RAM, and don't know how, but it told me my processor had 0 mhz! That's funny, how the hell am I using my computer in the first place then! This sucks, I let out the biggest DOHpe!!!! you've ever heard!!! So I had to uninstall everything and I gotta call tech support tommo..well this morning to see if there is anything I can do so I can play now, until I can update my computer!
So hopefully I'll see you soon wondering through the Universe, but I'd like to know what everone is doing with or within the game so EMAIL OR Prvt Msg me about your character names, any groups or clans you belong to and anything else important to you or to help me within the game! A BIG THANX if you do! Also, I'm registered as Darth_Aliksir through 'The Staiton', and If I get in any time soon I will probably name my character D'Aliksir(if they allow apostrophe's, other wise: Daliksir)
Don't forget to Email/Prvt Msg me! See ya soon! :cool:

CooLJoE
08-11-2003, 03:02 AM
Well, I hope you get everything solved with tech support and get into Galaxies.

As for our characters and such, go backward through this thread and you'll find everyone's character name, location, species, and the server that we are all using, which is called Chilastra. You may or may not be able to get onto the server, but give it a try anyways.

Instead of PM'ing you, I'll just tell you what my character does as of late:

Her name is Alura Tuvari. She's a female Twi'lek of blue color. Right now she is located at the Cantina on Mos Eisley on the planet of Tatooine. Mostly, she can be found dancing for the locals in the cantina. Sometimes she can be found hunting the canibals outside-back of the cantina or in a hunting party out in the desert.

As for naming conventions, apostrophes are allowed. Pretty much any character is allowed. You just can't name them Darth anything (far as I know) or anything having to do with Jedi/Sith or movie characters that exist.

QLD
08-11-2003, 02:28 PM
My character is Mando Calrossian, and he is ALMOST a bounty hunter. (just 6000 combat xp away).

He currently spends most of his time on Naboo, in the city of Kadaara because the missions are very close to the town itself, making it a lot easier to get money, and exp on missions there.

I am a covert imperial right now, but I am not sure if that is the path I am going to follow. I did it to get inside the Emporer's Retreat, which was pretty cool.

The 'Xir
08-11-2003, 09:49 PM
LIMP=MC: Yeah but I thought I heard that if you change your career or your profession or whatever they call that tree, that you have to start over from the beginning! Is this true, 'cause I did think that we would be able to do many different trees or careers at once, in order to learn different skills that might crossover and benefit or make our characters more well rounded? Does any of what I just said make sense? Or is it that, you can do as many trees as you want, but if you start one you have to finish before you can move on to the next?

QLD
08-11-2003, 10:47 PM
Well, if you learn a skill, and you decide to give that skill up, you DO lose the exp. you used to learn it.

The best way to look at it is this.....

There are beginner professions, and there are elite professions, which you can only gain access to by learning all of one of the professions columns, or by mastering an entire professions.

For example, to be a Bounty Hunter, you have to become a Master Scout, and a Master Marksman first.

If you become a Master Marksman, there are several different ways you can go...commando, rifleman, carbineer, pistoleer, etc.

You can learn lots of different skills, to be well rounded, but I only recommend two, maybe 3 different ones.

CooLJoE
08-13-2003, 04:43 AM
I think I understand what he is asking.

Basically you have like 2000 experience points that can be used toward professions and skill levels.

When you choose to start a profession (a general one is where you start...like entertainer, marksmen, brawler, medic, artisan, etc) you have to use up some of those 2000 exp points (I believe it is 100 xp to start any profession). When you get enough skill exp in a specific part of a profession, it tells you that your ready to be trained in that skill. To gain that skill level you need a certain number of profession exp points (from the 2000 you start with). This number goes up as your skill levels go up. If you decide to quit a profession, you lose ALL the skills you learned in it and you gain back the profession exp points. This lets you use them toward another profession.

So basically...

You have profession exp points that go toward starting professions and gaining skills.

And you have skill exp which is gained while fighting or doing whatever actions are part of your profession (fighting for brawler/marksmen/etc.... dancing/playing instruments for entertainers.... making objects/items for artisans.... healing/tending wounds for medics.... etc etc etc).

I hope that makes sense. If I get a chance later today I will post a pic of what it looks like in the game and explain better from there.

BenQuad
08-13-2003, 07:56 AM
.........oh this is just great!
I wait for what seems a lifetime for this game, and when I finally get it all loaded on my machine and ready to play.....

ALL the servers are down. :(

Guess I'll just have to wait a little longer. :)

dr_evazan22
08-13-2003, 10:29 AM
I had a great time last night. Got killed, then went into the cantina in Moeina after getting healed. Was just planning to heal the fatigue but ended up starting a group. There was a master musician that was great! I ended up almost getting enough Ent Healing for the final level (25,000) and earned almost enough dance for level 3. ended up getting tips of over 3,000 cred's!

Earlier in the day I had been at the med cntr another time and a Teras Kasi guy increased my health pool almost 75 points. It wasn't permanent though. Do any of you know about this?

Next question... I was scanning for chemicals and got samples. I can't figure out how to harvest them. The holocron says I need to buy/build a deed for the harvester. Is this right? How do I do it?

Gandhi'Too
Chilastra
Fem Twi'Lek

Dan'Cor
Radius
Fem Twi'Lek

CooLJoE
08-14-2003, 03:37 AM
Yup, you need a harvestor to harvest the stuff. And with those comes maintenance fees and such.

dr_evazan22
08-14-2003, 10:07 AM
So do I need a deed? How / where do I build or buy one? I've never seen one in the bazaar.

[DSS]Pedr0
08-14-2003, 12:00 PM
So do I need a deed? How / where do I build or buy one? I've never seen one in the bazaar.
I HAVENT PLAYED MUCH CIZ OF ISSUES, BUT WHAT IS THE QUICKEST WAY TO BUILD UP BASIC POINTS/STATS/MORE WEAPONS ETC....I KEEP GETTIN WHoopED BY LITTLE FRICKEN CREATURES!!! :cry:

QLD
08-14-2003, 02:21 PM
There is no way to quickly go up unfortunately. Just kill as many things as possible. To get money for weapons, run missions.

Most people don't sell harvesters in the bazaar because they cost more than 3000 credits. That is the most you can sell something for there, so you don't see elite armor, weapons, houses, droids, etc. there.

You can get samples without using a harvester, if you survery to find the chemical, I believe you can just kneel, and type /sample to get samples without having to buy a harvster

The 'Xir
08-15-2003, 07:01 PM
I was just thinking, Seeing as how they are trying to make this a "liveable universe" I was wondering 2 things actually;1) Do the characters/species look slightly different from each other(besides clothes) so you might be able to identify your friends characters just by their look. And 2) Speaking of clothes can you change them, or are you wearing them 24/7, 365?

BenQuad
08-15-2003, 08:05 PM
Hey... this is fun. :)

Look me up around Mos Eisley.

Character name: Daxxy Dryll - Novice Marksman (chilastara)

CooLJoE
08-17-2003, 03:15 AM
I was just thinking, Seeing as how they are trying to make this a "liveable universe" I was wondering 2 things actually;1) Do the characters/species look slightly different from each other(besides clothes) so you might be able to identify your friends characters just by their look. And 2) Speaking of clothes can you change them, or are you wearing them 24/7, 365?

You get to customize TONS of physical features on your character. Hair, Lekku, color of skin, color of hair, facial hair, age look, hair style, etc, etc. And yes you wear clothes all the time, but you can change clothes also. Its VERY VERY VERY VERY rare to see 2 people looking the same. Infact, I haven't see that happen yet.

Tonysmo
08-17-2003, 04:01 AM
I've been playing sporadically for the past few days.. Im back on my work schedule so Im taking a slight break- prolly good for me as it has become my newest addiction.

Anyhow, a few points of interest... I got to build a camp site.. minimal to some but is was cool to do that for the 1st time.. Made it even more exciting by inviting another SSG'er to the camp. Yup, Mando/Lando was out n about killin off different things, and came by to say hi. If you havent seen his character, Its very cool. think Lando in jabbas palace. It was nice to finally meet up with another SSG'er.

Ive also learned how to craft a few things.. I created a musical instrument that sounds great.

only 50000 more points need to become a pistoleer! whoo hooo!

now.. questions..

1st. after playing the game for a few hours, if you go out to a public place. ie, Mall etc.. can you look around at all the people and imagine titles over everyones head? I did.. scary.

2nd. I think when we come across something thats pretty unique, or something other SSG'ers may find helpful.. I say we include the waypoints here, as Lando did in an earlier post.. It might be useful later on, or catching those who are starting out, up to speed....

3rd.. we need to figure out where everyone is.. tatooine, or naboo.. seems as if we have a split group... we should all get together on the same planet and city.. even for a day or so.. to give us a chance to see each other s characters, trade items, sell items, teach skills etc.. Methinks that'd be a fun get together..

also - Lando.. I made it to the doovals house to buy into a sliced pistol, but everytime I try to get the vendor to give me the inventory, she seems to get stuck on her "updating inventory".. have you had this problem? any suggestions?

what is the best pistol? Anyone? I like my scout blaster.. and I like my DL44 Metal blaster.. the striker pistol is ok.. but which one is the bestest?? COMON!! Grrr.. hate.. sitting.. at work... must..
play..

galaxies...

dr_evazan22
08-19-2003, 08:09 PM
I was in a Med Ctr earlier today and there was a commoner there w/ my first name! That was a little weird (for those that don't know, it's Ari, just like the former White House spokesman).

I've been playing like crazy the past couple of days and haven't seen anyone logged in.

QLD
08-19-2003, 09:00 PM
Well, I was off of work for a while in July, so I played a LOT then....now that I am back to work, I amplaying a little less because I work from 1-12 M-Th. Look for me on a lot late at night, or on Fri-Sat-Sun.

Though this weekend may not be good for me as I have a big fantasy football draft coming up with 12 people at my house on Saturday.

Tony, if you can find craftiey's house in Kadaara, he makes great pistols. I buy from him and then get dovuul to slice them. I haev an FGW5 pistol that does over 200 dmg.

Tonysmo
08-24-2003, 08:58 AM
sounds good.. Ive been to dovuuls place twice now.. I just buy them outright from his vendor.. so far I am not complaining. I finally ventured off the planet Naboo this weekend, and stopped on Corellia, and of course Tatooine.. I have some awesome screenshots of the cantina, and even bumped into a C3PO and R2 D2 look alike.. They were awesome. I have decided to try to hit all the major spots and take a screen shot of me standing in front smiling.. they are pretty funny actually. I have finally reached Pistol specialist and am now gonna work on my rifle skills. all in all.. Im having a GREAT time on this game..

until the next time!

Tonysmo
09-02-2003, 12:18 AM
well.. I've gone and done it. I have played the game now for a few weeks.. but I felt empty. I knew I bought the game for a reason.. but it wasnt until tonight that I finally found my calling.

I have signed with a faction. no more being neutral. I am pleased to announce I now work for the Dark Lord himself. I have had a deep deep admiration for the armor of a stormtrooper.. and if I cant have one in real life.. at least not yet. I can certainly earn it through the game.

so.. with that, I hope to see you all soon. and if any of you turn Rebel on me.. well...

Im gonna have to put you down.. FOR THE EMPIRE!!

on a lighter note.. Im not seeing to many posts about the game as of late. I knnnnnnooowwwww Im not the only one playing..

SSG should start its own PA.

and ya'll should start posting your experiences.. good or bad. as in like tonight.. the dang server crashed! and it kept crashing!! grrr..

sokay though. all is good.

QLD
09-02-2003, 02:57 PM
I haven't been playing lately.

I feel bad, but I kind of ran out of things to do. I reached bouunty hunter, and went overt imperial, but I was getting kinda bored.

THEN I bought Madden 2004, and KOTOR, and....well, you know how it goes.

What faction are you in Tony? I was looking for a good imperial faction, but never found one.

I wanted a SSG PA, but not enough people from here are playing, unfortunately.

dr_evazan22
09-02-2003, 08:02 PM
Tony- what's your characters name again? I have a couple keyed in as friends but haven't seen any SSG'ers playing.

CooLJoE
09-02-2003, 10:09 PM
Tonysmo - Glad you chose a side. Unfortunately, your love for a stormtrooper outfit will now be even harder to acheive.

They've already said you won't be able to be a stormtrooper at all. They had some reason for it, but I can't remember what that is anymore.

I say it is harder now than before, because the only way you CAN get a stormtrooper outfit is if you manage to kill one and keep his outfit. Supposedly they don't go down easy and when attacked, more will come to help them. Also, there is the random chance that the dead stormtrooper will even leave behind his outfit for you to take.

I know how you feel though. I want a stormtrooper outfit also. But I'm waiting until I'm strong enough and then I will join the Rebels so I can kill one.

dr_evazan22
09-03-2003, 02:00 AM
CoolJoe- join the Reb's now, you can stay covert so that only other Reb's (covert or overt) will know what side your on.

Like Tony said it's a lot more fun when you have a declared side. All along we've usually identified w/ one side or the other, it helps to get into the feel. I mean, how many times can you take an assignment for killing a bunch of animals?

here's me again:
Gandhi'Too
Chilastra
currently on Tat, Bestine

Tonysmo
09-03-2003, 02:19 AM
( shakes finger at Lando ) now now.. HOW can you possibly be bored? There are at least 200 waypoints that go to different Star Wars related things from the movie.. The Saarlac Pit.. The Hidden Gungan City.. tons of stuff to see.. Your tellin me youve already been through it? wow...

I dont get to play but a few hours every other night. So I still have a ways to go.

My characters name is .. of course.. Tonysmo..Smo.. original to say the least.

I work mids.. if ya'll didnt already gather that by all my late night posts..
so when I play, its on my days off.. and in the evenings, and sometimes days.. when Im off.. ( Kid is back in school!! ) so I will be playing a bit more in the mornings now as well.

As for a faction.. I have joined no PA's or guilds.. I dont really even know what those are for..

but I have.. well sorta.. joined the Empire. I have started working on my Imperial faction pts.. you need 200 to get recruited.. I have less than a 100 at this time.. ( told you I only play a few hours at a time.. )

As for the ST armor. From what Ive heard, and read. The armor costs faction pts. so I get my 1st 200 faction pts.. sign up with the dark side.. I gain more faction pts.. get promoted by cashing in those faction pts.. Im able to now gather faction pts at a quicker rate.. or more pts than at 1st.. then I can cash in those faction pts to buy armor parts.. say 1400 imperial faction pts for.. boots. or left shin.. ect. The helmet being the last piece. I can also cash in those points for ( droids ) Stormtroopers, dark stormtroopers, scouts, etc,..

I am throughly enjoying the game. minus the nightly server crashes.. that is.

What sucks, is that you see all these great characters out there.. and you realize.. damn, I wish I could do that. but you cant because you pretty much limit yourself with 2-3 main ablilites.. so your able to max them out. You want to of course continue to build that character.. but you also want to maybe experiment with others.. so whadda do?

I guess If I have this game for awhile, I shouldnt have any issues being a little of everything at one point or another..

anyhow.. I think Im doing swell... I have yet to PVP, but I dont think Im missin out.. Ill get to that soon enough.. Still building my marksman skills.. maxed out my pistol, almost finished with rifle, and just obtained th3 2nd level of carbine.. so all in all.. Im gettin there.. me and my new Rock Beetle friend.. NEO. hee hee.

hope to see you all out there soon.

FOR THE EMPIRE!!

QLD
09-03-2003, 02:38 AM
Yes, you can buy stormtrooper armor if you are imperial. If you wear it, it makes you overt as well.

Each piece costs 2000 fp a piece, and the chest plate is 3000 fp.

That's why not many people have it.

Tony, I work nights (1-12) as well. I was on vacation when Galaxies first came out, which gave me TONS of time to play. I hop to play more soon.

CooLJoE
09-05-2003, 12:17 PM
Hmmm, didn't know you could buy it with faction points.

I'll have to look into that.

Bad part is that it probably won't happen on Chilstra since that character is NOT becoming a part of the empire.

THIS is why I wanted Galaxies to let you have 2 characters on a server.

chrisc
09-05-2003, 12:50 PM
Tonysmo - Glad you chose a side. Unfortunately, your love for a stormtrooper outfit will now be even harder to acheive.

They've already said you won't be able to be a stormtrooper at all. They had some reason for it, but I can't remember what that is anymore.

I say it is harder now than before, because the only way you CAN get a stormtrooper outfit is if you manage to kill one and keep his outfit. Supposedly they don't go down easy and when attacked, more will come to help them. Also, there is the random chance that the dead stormtrooper will even leave behind his outfit for you to take.

I know how you feel though. I want a stormtrooper outfit also. But I'm waiting until I'm strong enough and then I will join the Rebels so I can kill one.

What do you mean you can't be a stormtrooper?!!!!? :eek: I havn't got the game yet but now I'm not sure if I want it sunce you cant be a stormtrooper. :cry:

CooLJoE
09-05-2003, 11:32 PM
You'd have to check the website http://wwww.starwarsgalaxies.com. They gave a reason a couple months or more before it was even released. Its something to do with not being able to be somewhere all the time since stormtroopers are called all around every so often, at random times. And since you aren't online all the time, your character can't move around with those troops.

One would think that they could have made it so that didn't matter. But to be correct with the starwars universe, you'd have to be apart of a group of stormtroopers. And if they go somewhere, you'd have to go as well.

So the best they can do is let you buy the armor I guess. Works for me cuz I just want the armor.

greedo_11
09-06-2003, 12:43 AM
I just got here and was wandering what Server was the Sir Steves Clan on and where can the PA hall be found at??
thanks!!

dr_evazan22
09-06-2003, 08:25 AM
Welcome to SSG Greedo!

All of our characters are on Chilastra. My character is:

Gandhi'Too
Twi'Lek female
currently on Naboo

I chatted last night briefly w/ Tonysmo, who uses the same name in the game.

You can go thru the previous posts to get others names.

As for a SSG PA, there is none yet. I was going to ask Tony, or anyone else, if they wanted to buy a group house or something that could be a home base, until we get enough SSg'ers to start a PA...

Tonysmo
09-07-2003, 02:33 AM
Welcome Greedo!

I think the server you are looking for is indeed Chilistra.

post your info here once you sign up, and we'll be sure to look for you.

As for a PA and a house.. Im all for it. Have no idea to do either though.. nice huh? One recommedation though.. once we get a nice big house.. we spring for one of those 60" HDTVs to put up on the wall!! lol..

ok,. ok.. Id seriously love to have a place we could call our own, and as it stands, I do put in some decent hours on the game. My wife of course has changed the name from SWG to that *&$%# game!!! I normally play on my days off so look for me on wed-fri nights.. maybe sat days as well.. and a few hours spread out thinly in-between.

Still runnin missions for the Empire. Landos waypoints to the Emperors palace are dead on, and its a cool place to be. The troopers outside give nice back up to any Rebel scum that you can get to chase you.. leadin them to the slaughter! After the 1st 4 missions from the gal at the door, you have access to the rest of the building. I assume this is a bug, because I could not access Jabbas main room without going through EVERYONE including the damn cook! At the Palace though, I've already bumped into the Emperor, Vader, Veers and Thrawn. Pretty darn cool. Need to take better screenshots.

As for being a trooper.. You CAN be a stormtrooper.. depending on what you mean by being a stormtrooper.. You can fully dress yourself in the armor in the game. Its not like your being ushered into a new facet of the game by declaring yourself a member of the Empire. Your still you, you take direction from no one, unless your doing missions. The more missions you do, your faction pts build up, you trade those faction pts for trooper armor.. 1400 faction pts, gets you a shin guard. 1400 pts gets you boots.. 3500 pts gets you the chest plate. etc etc.. so you need to keep building your exp up. everything in the factions costs you faction pts.. above the 200 pts needed to maintain faction standing. Being a trooper so to speak doesnt mean you have to follow all the others, go into battle, or anything differently than how you currently play. IF.. big IF.. you go OVERT everyone will then know you are one or the other ( Rebel Scum, or Imperial Coolness ) and can take action no matter where you are. SO.. in order to play as one or the other, without having to worry about the other faction, stay COVERT.. it takes awhile to change from one to the other..

so. back to the PA suggestion, I wanna do it.. SSG behind my name would be cooler than uh,.. Joe.. he he.. but seriously, figure out where the house is gonna be.. uh. Naboo.. and how were all gonna pay for it ( Ill gladly donate. ) whos gonna get the deed etc etc.

Also.. as I play, and I talk with different people, after I get to know a few, mature players.. I point them to this site. I hope to have new members come and hang out soon enough.. we shall see. I speak highly of all you guys, as this is by far the bestestestest forum site Ive been in ah, cahoots with.. so YA'LL DONT LET ME DOWN!!

FOR THE EMPIRE!!

dr_evazan22
09-07-2003, 09:47 AM
Tonysmo, and everyone... I made my way to Theed so I could hang and run missions w/ you guys. I picked up a couple Imp missions. Whenever I got out to the mission site though they self destructed. I got the reward and the minimal FP of like 10. Can I tell you how ****** this made me? Especially since these missions are like 2K from town! Back in Bestine they are usually 600m to 1K.

So getting tired of that, I took the shuttle to Moenia to go to Emp's Retreat. I get off and start heading over by cantina, overt, w/ my Stormies, and I see 2 Reb's gettin' blasted. I join in.

Well, that was the end of that! All these reb's come pouring out of Cantina and kill me. I clone and head to med center. I never really knew what a TEF was, but I had it. And it wouldn't go away (One of my Stormies was still out there, it wouldn't go away until I stored him, which I didn't know at the time). So I see this red dot walking my way and I'm like I hope he doesn't see me. Too bad he did. We circled around Med Ctr and I run back in not knowing what to do. I ran in to the elevator and went up. That saved me for a few. I started to run out, but jumped back in. I figured they would be able to call it and come up. So I stood in there. Since I had the guy targeted I was able to watch him pacing below me asking his buds where I went. I felt like a cat in a tree, w/ dogs pacing below, waiting for me to come down.

He eventually figured out what happened and was able to shoot me thru floor.

So I had 1 on my health bar and I started for the Emp's retreat. Was able to find my Stormie in the swamp for protection. I was about 3/4's there and came across another Imp who was going to help heal me, but there were some red animals near us, and I got killed again!

All my HAM bars were totally black!

Well, I'm healed now, so I'm going to the Retreat!

As for a house, how about on Naboo. Put it either close to Retreat, or near a city that has maybe both mission terminals, in case others that want to join are Rebs. Right now I have about 30K I can contribute.

Tonysmo
09-07-2003, 11:56 PM
totally....

TOTALLY INTENSE!! Dude, I would freak. I know its a game, but I have yet to go overt for that very reason,.. Im a chicken shi*! lol.. ok. maybe one of these days.. Im sure it'll be soon since Im building such strong faction pts.
I last saved right outside the retreat, so I should be there as well once I get back on. Ill keep an eye out for ya. The faction pts they give out there should be a bit better. use the troops surrounding the retreat to your advantage. Have the rebels chase you back up to them, they will work them over pretty well for you.

The mission completing bug sucks. I know what you are going through. Theed has the same issue. Id take two missions going in the same direction each time, and one would automatically complete every time I got close.. at LEAST 10 times.. sucks.. big time. .

Once you complete 4 missions for the lady at the door of the retreat, you should have access to the whole place.. of course you should reallygo stompin around up by the emporer.. I did.. he told me I have much audacity to come up and try to talk to him. I was waiting to be crushed.. but he didnt, so I grabbed a screenshot and ran back downstairs. ( YYYYEEEEAAAAHHHHHH!!! TITANS TOUCHDOWN!!! )
( cough ) sorry bout that..
so.. um, Anyhow. I can't wait to get back on to work the rest of the missions. They were given out pretty good stuff.. boots,. helmet, robe.. etc.. niiiice of them.

As for the house.. I have to encoded disks I need to sell off, that should give me enough to match.. hopefully..

cya out there.

dr_evazan22
09-08-2003, 12:16 AM
I have Imp disk 2/4. What ones do you have?
Maybe group together and share the expense of getting last disc, share FP...

Tonysmo
09-08-2003, 12:35 AM
Imp 1/4 and reb 4/4 .. I dunno.. its only 500 faction pts. that or 25k in credits.. hmmm.. we could figure something out. Id have to go to tatooine to sell them anyhow..
how would we split them anyhow?

Tonysmo
09-09-2003, 02:57 AM
got your in game email Dr Evazan, and responded. Wasnt on long.. but long enough to pick up Imp disk 4/4 whoo hooo!

anywho.. Gotta question for all of ya that have played the game.

Do ya like it? I mean, really really enjoy logging into the game, knowing you havent seen everything?

The reason I ask, is cause I was reading the SWG forums.. ( wha? Oh like you guys dont look at other forums sometimes! )

anyhow, those forums are filled to the brim with people who do nothing but complain about the game. They hate it, and they post that they hate it. The give the developers so much grief.. It makes me wonder, why? Its a brand new game. SO what if they dont have ALL the bugs worked out. I see the some of the same bugs, but Im not ready to cancel my subscription.. These guys need time to work on these things. but the general populas doesnt seem to buy into it. At least not from what Ive read. I guess Im just not a hard core gamer. Ive never played Ever Quest. I dont spend 10+ hours at a time on anything.. ok, maybe fishing.. but still... I dont get why everyone is soooo upset.

anyhow, maybe 6 months down the road, if things arent any better, I can see them getting upset. but as it stands. I myself am having a great time when I log into that game. I look forward to them adding more content. I am not however going to cry and moan the whole time until they do. I wish some of these people would figure out the two easy steps.. cancel subscription, step away from PC.. I guess I get tired of going to look for questions about how things are supposed to work, and other general questiona about the game, only to find every single post filled with I HATE THIS GAME WHHAHAAAAAAA!! bunch a losers.

with that, I again want to thank my fourmites for having such good fun on these boards.

BenQuad
09-09-2003, 08:58 AM
I am totally addicted... 8-12 hours a day (when allowed).

I smell, I'm hungry, I have no friends left.... I don't care. :)

I can live with the bugs, the experience is good enough.

Roll on the player vehicles though, my legs are tired. :)

Daxxy Dyrll
Novice Everything
Mos Eisley
Tatooine

BenQuad
09-09-2003, 08:59 AM
look me up you guys.... I'm going to be playing this game for a LONG time yet. :)

Tonysmo
09-10-2003, 03:03 AM
Ive added you to my list, wasnt on long tonight.. work.. grrr..

the next few days I should be on though..

how much lober do we have to collect those darn disks? anyone?

FOR THE EMPIRE!

CooLJoE
09-12-2003, 12:53 PM
I haven't logged SWG hours in awhile. But I will be online tonight so keep an eye out for Alura!

I'm all for an SSG PA. I'll donate whatever I can to get one going.

The problem lies in that we need someone who is an architect and can build a PA. If it comes down to it, I'll make Alura go for an Architect profession and work my *** off getting to the point of building a PA.

As for the place, I like Tattooine. On another server, I had a char on Naboo and it doesn't seem all that great. Maybe I just haven't gone out far enough or something.

But either way, we'll get a vote going and that will decide location.

Hope to see some familiar faces online tonight :)

CooLJoE
09-13-2003, 01:41 AM
Sorry about that Dr Evanz. My SWG just suddenly quit out completely and took like another couple of minutes before I could do anything in Windows. So I decided not to go back in for awhile...or another night.

dr_evazan22
09-13-2003, 03:07 PM
Hey guys! I can't tell you how much of a blast it's been playing this game the past week or so!

Besides running missions w/ Tonysmo and CJ, there were all the other people I met in the game and running w/ them.

Then I liked naboo so much more than Tat. Then, I hear players are getting mad $, XP and FP on other planets so I decide to go to Corellia, w/ CJ. First it was a little of a let down b/c they didn/t have an Imp terminal, but we started running neutral missions. The $ and XP started rolling in! I'm working on Rifle 4 and Carbine 4, and it took me maybe a a week and a half to get to 21,000 XP (need 70k). Since I got to Corellia last night I've gotten about 40k more in Carbine.

also added medic and scout skills to my reportior (sp?) and that seems pretty fun, especially since I can now heal my pets.

Just have to go back to Naboo to build my house to get rid of some of my inventory, and sell of looted weapons.

Trying to get some Stormy armor to wear.

Does anyone have any idea exactly when the Cries Of Alderaan ends?

CooLJoE
09-13-2003, 03:14 PM
Yeah it was pretty fun roaming around Corellia.

I talked with Dr Evazan about the PA Hall idea when we were there. I think we should build the PA Hall on Corellia near one of the rivers. It looks incredible out there and gives a nice scenic view.

And on that note, Dr Evazan, if we build a PA Hall there, you may want your house built there also. Just a thought.

I picked up the artisan profession last night so I'm working toward being able to build houses and such.

Tonysmo
09-14-2003, 03:05 AM
Corellia sounds nice.. I have many credits Ill be willing to donate to the cause. The last few nights of gaming have been without a doubt THE most exciting gaming Ive done since buying into this. I was able to turn in those Imp disks with the good Drs help, and now Im just grindin away to get the trooper armor.

I do need to research where we can go for Imp missions though, as naboo has them, but most there are level 9-10.. I went to Dantoonie ( cause I had never been there ) and the imp post is pretty darn cool.. aint too much out there.. but the imp missions are like level 35-40. I tried one, and keep leading the rebs back to the imp post. the imps and the ATST would take out 4 of them while I laid there.. once I got back though, all the rebs had respawned.. Id love to get a group together and try to take them out. those seem like they would pay out extremly well..

as it stands, the way the missions are on naboo, Ill need another 12-15 missions to get my chest armor.. grrr.. and now Im back to work..

dr_evazan22
09-15-2003, 12:09 AM
Hey Tony!

The missions around Theed have been paying off a lot better for me lately, in the 700 - 900 credit range. And maybe this is weird, or not true! But It seems like the more FP I get (and save) the more comes my way from running missions. I currently have about 23 -24 hundred, and I'm getting over 50 per mission. I realize I'll still need to run a thousand missions to get my stormy armor, but still, it's seems to be getting better.

I asked an archtecht (whatever) about a PA. the hall will cost 300K! Right now Gandhi only has about 25k. More missions!

While over on Corellia I stopped at Talus (Imp Outpost, 1 of 3 cities). The missions were all pretty close to the base, but I got greedy trying to get XP and was killed. Couldn't find a medic so I left.

Tonysmo
09-15-2003, 12:34 AM
agreed. Im at 2900 ft pts after todays shindig -enjoyable to say the least.. those shauputs are too funny.. Next time maybe we should just leave the lair alone.. lol. .

as for the 50 pts for each mission, yeah, thats after taking down the three rebs plus the base.. I still think we can do better. on average, those missions run a difficulty level of a 9 or 10.. on Dantoonie they are much much higher, like a 35 - 40.. we need something in the middle.. maybe a 15-20. Im ready to take on more, but I couldnt whoop any of those rebs on Dantoonie.. just too many.. even after leading them back to the outpost.

I think I currently have close to 50K. grindin grindin grindin.. I also think, that when you play early, say in da mornin.. the missions pay out better as well, and as more people log on, the missions become less desirable on the payouts.. Just something Ive noticed..

also, Aka'kbath has recently build a house. As it stands I havent seen it, but I have access. I will talk to him and see if he is cool with letting us all enjoy the comforts.. can never have to many places to rest your feet eh?

sorry I dont get to hang out very long on my work days, but Im sure you all understand.. log in, grind a few missions, call it a night.. Maybe Ill have trooper armor by December.. A nice Christmas present indeed.

What level are you as an imp? instead of buying armor, I went to lance corporal to corporal.. I think I will work on my armor now before becoming a sergent. I still need to research what the advances will get us.. Ill post what I find of course.

Also, I did pick up my 1st treasure map the other day. kinda neat, thug/reb, not sure dropped an encoded disk, but not a story one, I decoded it, and it turned out to be a map.. found the way point, dug it up.. and other thugs spawned on me.. no biggie, took them out and opened the chest.. not much in it.. a cdef gun, something that of course was broken.. and over 3 hundered credits.. not a bad find. I also have picked up my 2nd locked container. Having that kinda bugs me. as you have to have it sliced.. and with that, you have to trust the slicer.. The last one I had sliced "failed" Ill never really know. so if one of you guys can slice.. hee hee

Anyhow. Im sure Ill be back on a bit Monday evening.. grind a few. until then..

FOR THE EMPIRE!!

CooLJoE
09-15-2003, 03:14 AM
Well, I'm sitting with a hard decision.

I like my character (Alura Tuvari), but I love the idea of having the stormie outfit. So I keep pondering the idea of giving my good weapons/armor to someone from SSG, deleting Alura, starting a new char, and getting the weapons/armor back (which is about the only way I can keep the stuff).

I know that I can join Imp and get the armor, but my understanding is that twi'leks can't wear the helmets. And past that, does anyone know if females can wear the armor at all? I would think for continuity purposes, they wouldn't be able to since no female has ever worn the armor.

THIS is why they need to let us have 2 chars per server. I know the reasons why they don't, but its frustrating for those of us who wouldn't use it for the wrong purposes. This is where a jedi slot would be very nice....but I think thats a one in a trillion chance of happening for me.

Tonysmo
09-15-2003, 04:53 AM
Id be happy to hang on to your stuff.. Id place it in my bank account on theed. does suck that only certain characters can do certian things.. even when they say creating your character shouldnt have an affect on anything you do. regardless.. Id be more than happy to help you out.

lemme know.

and what in SAM HELL were you all thinking when you signed up as female twi'leks anyhow??

kidding.. I look like such a stud runnin with you uh,,.. women.. lol

Tonysmo
09-15-2003, 06:51 AM
found this, thought it would be a good read for the rest of ya's.

http://swg.universalrealms.com/info/factions/factions.asp

also - cooljoe, if you decide to change characters.. make sure your a SLICER!! so you can hook all of us up..

CooLJoE
09-15-2003, 04:11 PM
I'm going to ask in the SWG forums about female twi'leks and the stormie armor.

I really don't want to lose the character.

QLD
09-16-2003, 01:31 AM
Finally signed on for the first time in a while tonight. Didn't see anyone on though. I'll chip in for the PA hall. I have about 100k credits right now.

Look me up, Mando Calrossian.

CooLJoE
09-16-2003, 02:29 AM
We need to get a poll going on where the PA Hall should be.

Personally, I like either Corellia or Naboo. Either way, it needs to be near a river (I just think it gives a GREAT view and setting area) and relatively close to a town/city with atleast a shuttle port. Also, keeping it away from major monsters would be a good idea. The only thing I don't like about Naboo is the big cliff to get up to Theed. Once we can have mounts and such it won't be a big deal though.

Remember, the next installment for SWG will include the ability to create your own city. This means we can have a SSG city. We'll make one of us the mayor and make it so only those we allow can place a building in our city. That way we keep control of the city, yet allow more people to visit and possibly join.

CooLJoE
09-16-2003, 02:39 AM
By the way, I asked about females and female twi'leks abilities to wear stormtrooper armor.

Though it strays from continuity, the female humans CAN wear ALL of the stormie armor.

twi'leks (male or female) can wear all BUT the helmet.

:(

I'll probably join the Imp and buy up all the armor (helmet as well). And if I decide to switch to a human player later on, I can save the armor somewhere and reclaim it with my new char. Atleast this way I can work more on my skills and get the armor while I decide.

Tonysmo
09-16-2003, 02:56 AM
what goes into buying a house ? I need a deed? then what? never done it.. figure Id better get one, we may as well all stay in one area. If you guys already have a house somewhere, I see no reason to move it. I would like to know though, what I need to do to buy one, and set it up..

CooLJoE
09-16-2003, 09:17 AM
I believe that you can just buy the deed from someone or from the bazaar. Then you just take the deed to where you want to place it, and place it.

Could be wrong though.

dr_evazan22
09-16-2003, 08:05 PM
Basically you buy a deed. Then decide where to place the house. When you get there, pull up the deed in Inv, and there is an option on the radial for placing / building the house. My house was built pretty much instantaneously. My house is Naboo style, so I can't move it off planet.

As for an SSG city, it's looking like it may be a city of 5 or 6! At least right now. but I would like to be able to set up our own shuttleport, and mission terminals, and all that.

I picked up 2 Imp missions this morning. I've tried this one 4 times already and keep gtting killed!

QLD
09-16-2003, 09:06 PM
I like doing my IMP missions in Kadaara. They are very close to town, so you can do them faster.

I haven't bought a house yet, but I will do so when we decide on a place to live.

CooLJoE
09-17-2003, 01:35 AM
dr evazan - why do you say a city of 5 or 6? I'm guessing you mean because there is only about 5 or 6 of us that reply here and are known to play the game.

Also, since your the first with a house, do you know if you can move the house at all?

Tonysmo
09-17-2003, 05:32 AM
whats the difficulty level of your imp missions? I should be around wed- fri night. Ill look to help ya out when Im on.

I assume Ill have to buy into a deed now as well.. going prices on those?

sooooo close to picking up my 1st piece of armor..

dr_evazan22
09-17-2003, 10:44 AM
You should be able to move your house around. What kind of structure it is will determine where it can be moved to. as for price, my house is the smallest size and the guy I bought it from said he was a novice and had made some to practice. He only charged me 6k, so I bought it. The largest size I've heard going for about 100k.

CJ- Yes, I said about 6 because of the number of people that I see posting here.

I finally got those missions completed! The one I was havig trouble with had a reward of over 1k, I think it was a level 9. The other mission hada reward of 800 or so.

Maybe we should consider what we want the rules for membership in the future PA to be. As far as I'm concerned you should be able to be any faction or profession. the only part required would be an SSG member in good standing, preferrably a posting member (as opposed to a lurker, and contributing towards any maintenance costs for the hall. How do you guys feel? Is this premature?

CooLJoE
09-17-2003, 11:54 AM
Those rules sound good to me. I wouldn't say its premature at all. For the guild yes, you need to be an SSG member that makes posts and such. For the city, I say we let anyone in but people can't build a house or anything like that until we meet with them and find out their intentions and such. This way we weed out those who just want to ruin things.

BTW, I will be on tonight with Alura and will be joining the IMP faction. I'll probably run some IMP missions as well. I'm guessing I'll be on around 9pm EST. Or atleast I'm going to try to be on around/at that time.

CooLJoE
09-18-2003, 11:48 AM
Well last night was fun....til Chilastra went *poof*. Took em like 30mins to 1 hour to get it back up and running.

Right now I have 181 imperial faction points, so only another 19 and I can join the imperials. I'll probably be on late tonight trying to get those last points.

CooLJoE
09-20-2003, 03:50 PM
Just got done doing 2 Imp missions. I am now a part of the Imperial faction and I'm finished getting XP for One-Handed III.

dr_evazan22
09-20-2003, 06:30 PM
Any of you guys want to start setting a definite time and place to run adventures together?

I'm thinking of Sun nights at about 9p... I ask 'cause I'd love to go to Yavin 4, but I'm not pwerful enough on my own, and it would get us out seeing different parts of the galaxy. It's also about 3k to get from Corellia to Yavin, in addition to whatever the cost is to get TO Corellia.

Tonysmo
09-21-2003, 02:40 AM
Sunday nights are out for me.. Working mids kills most of the times I can hang out. Wednesday through Friday are my best days to be around, but even thats sporadic.. uh, family, Kids.. Scouts.. so. Ill try to be around the bestest I can!

I seem to get the best grinding done early n da mornin.

I did hang out today, in Kaadra, and found the imp missions were very close to town. Only issue was later on, as people started loggin in... I had a desasterous encounter with a Rebel fellow and his nasty pet. They promptly made fodder of me. Other than that, still grindin away to gather pts for the armor. I finally have the chest piece. I have enough for another piece as well. cant decide on which piece to get next. hmmm.. Im thinkin. as this becomes easier,. as we gain status in ranks. become more powerful.. whats next? I know there are a few people around who are already bored with it. I am not. as I am not even close to leveling out. Just wondered whats next. should be interesting. anyhow, to gain imp faction points at a quicker rate, I suggest hitting kaadra, the missions are close, as in none over 1000 meters.. I believe Limp hit on that in an earlier post. He is correct. The thugs you have to run through sometimes have decent drops as well.

I did make my way back to the emperors retreat to finish off more of those missions.. had trouble with thrawn and veers though, cant seem to accept any missions from them without loggin on off and back on after each one.. BUG!! I have found a few bugs now which are really starting to wear on me. I take the time to take down a huge rouge falumpasett and when I get incapped, and he is dying from a bleeding shot, by the time I get up - he dissapears.. GAH! nothing worse,,.. except when you do take down a rather large beast - they forget to give you the xp! BUG!! GAH!!

I too would like to travel to another planet.. so whenever the group wants to get together.. Ill try to be around. I wanna kick an EWOK!

CooLJoE
09-21-2003, 02:54 AM
The killer for my to go to Yavin 4 is the $$. $3k per ticket is expensive. Too much for my char until I get better paying missions.

Right now I just grind away on low Imp missions and am looking at buying a house now.

Tonysmo
09-21-2003, 03:04 AM
If we get a group together, I have no prob hooking you up with the needed amount for the round trip.. :D

dr_evazan22
09-21-2003, 04:00 PM
Same here, i can help out. I should be able to be on this Wed a.m. or p.m., and some time on Sat as well.

Do you guys know of anyone that has finished all the missions at the Emp's Retreat? Do you go thru Vader doing 3-4, then another 3-4 for Palps? I wonder what kind of cool swag he gives out, probably another broken holodisc!

Tonysmo
09-21-2003, 11:43 PM
I believe Vader and the Emp come after Thrawn and Veers.. Im currently stuck on Veers. I kept getting stuck after completing a mission - unable to accept the next one. so I left. figure Ill give them a week or so to fix that bug. Thrawn gave out a decent sword..

Tonysmo
09-22-2003, 07:41 AM
Found this on the swg forums. thought it was hilarious. thought ya'll would enjoy the read..

The Automated Online Role-Player
It's indistinguishable from live humans!
By Dave "Fargo" Kosak | August 22, 2003

Sure, I love Star Wars Galaxies, the massively multiplayer RPG. I've written about it on several occasions. But I'm past that point where I can dedicate my life to a single game. I'm a very important businessman who does very important business with very important people at very important social engagements, such as watching softcore anime with the dudes in the apartment across from mine.

But, I still want to keep playing. And I want to WIN. I know, I know, the hardcore among you are saying, "But Fargo, you can't 'win' an online RPG. That defeats the purpose." To which I respond: I LIVE to defeat purposes.

And besides, like it or not, people do try to "win" massively multiplayer RPGs. The rules of engagement are something like this:
* If there is a status bar, make it grow bigger
* If there is a number, make it higher
* If it moves, either get a mission from it or kill it
Which got me to thinking: What if I were to unload the boring parts of an MMOG off to someone else? For instance, I love running a business in Star Wars Galaxies, but it's hard to find the time or the patience to work on my combat skillz. What if someone ELSE played that part of the game for me?

My first impulse -- to use a room full of small Korean children -- turned out to be a real nightmare. They kept whining and crying and pointing to their mouths or empty bellies. Who knows what they wanted? I don't speak Korean. Similarly, they didn't understand me when I pointed to the computer monitor and said "Lewt! LEWT!" no matter how loud I shouted it. Clearly I needed a new plan.

Introducing the Autocamp 2000

And so I turned my attention toward robots! Longtime readers may remember when I subtly and successfully used a robot to write my column while I camped in a mall waiting for Diablo II to come out. A similar process could easily play online games for me. After all, I minored in computer science at a prestigious Liberal Arts institution. The hardest part of any project such as this is figuring out the algorithm, but here it is, in its entirety:

The Autocamp 2000 Plays Online RPGs with the following rules:

1. Join any group that invites you
2. When in a group, follow behind the leader
3. Attack any monster you see
4. Accept all trade requests from other players, then give them a melon
Well, that takes care of 90% of online play. All I would need to do is stick my character -- Farglik the Mon Calamari -- in a cantina with a backpack full of melons (ah, sweet delicious fruit!). When I checked on him a week later he'd be what they call "über." But before I got started I had to tackle the tricky part: interaction with other players. If my automated Farglik didn't respond to players who talked to him in a meaningful way, the proverbial jig would be up.

One option was to have my robot randomly bark at people in Mandarin Chinese. But I opted for a much more graceful algorithm:

The Autocamp 2000 talks to other players with following rules:

1. If someone says something ending in a question mark, respond by saying "Dude?"
2. If someone says something ending in an exclamation point, respond by saying "Dude!"
3. If someone says something ending with a period, respond by randomly saying one of three things: "Okie," "Sure," or "Right on."
4. EXCEPTION: If someone says something directly to you by mentioning your name, respond by saying "Lag."
5. (And remember to accept all trade requests from other players by giving them a melon.)
My robot was programmed and ready to go. Hell, if I programmed it to randomly shout "Gimmie buffs!" it would probably pass the turing test. Satisfied, I sat it in front of the keyboard, made sure my character had at least fifty melons in his backpack, and then trudged off to leave it alone for the night.

My character, Farglik the Mon Calamari, waited around in the Cantina for some adventurers. The following is a log of what transpired:

KillSwitch: [Shouting] Does anyone want to join our hunting party?

Farglik: [Powered by the Autocamp 2000] Dude?

[KillSwitch invites Farglik to join the group.]
[Farglik joins the group]

KillSwitch: We're gonna go hunt wrixes.

Farglik: Right on.

[The group of players runs out of the Cantina, Farglik following close behind. Farglik shoots at every little monster they pass.]

KillSwitch: Why are you attacking the durneys?

Farglik: Dude?

KillSwitch: The durneys, the little bunny things -- why do you keep shooting at them?

Troobacca: [A wookie in the party] My weapon powerup expired, I need a new one.

Farglik: Sure.

[Troobacca opens a trade with Farglik.]
[Farglik hands him a melon.]

Troobacca: ...what's this?

Troobacca: You handed me a melon!

Farglik: Dude!

KillSwitch: Knock it off guys, I see some wrixes up ahead. Let's do this.

[The group encounters a bunch of dangerous wrixes, but they gang up and shoot every one of them.]

KillSwitch: We rock!

Troobacca: We so OWNED them!

KillSwitch: Uh oh, hang on. Up ahead are some Sharnaff bulls. We can't handle them, so don't shoot.

Farglik: Okie.
[Farglik shoots one of the Sharnaff bulls.]
[The bull attacks; Trobacca and several other party members are killed before they beat it.]

KillSwitch: You IDIOT! Farglik why did you shoot at them?

Farglik: Lag.

KillSwitch: Well don't do it again.

[Farglik shoots at another Sharnaff bull.]
[The entire party is slaughtered except for Farglik.]

[ ... Farglik stands there, alone, for several hours ... ]

[ ... finally, a merchant runs up to him.]

Stingrie: [A Rodian merchant.] Hey man! Would you like to buy a stimpack?

Stingrie: A stimpack. It boosts your health by 200 points. I'll sell it to you for 500 credits.

[Stingrie opens a trade session.]
[Farglik hands him a melon.]

Stingrie: What the hell is this?

Stingrie: You handed me a melon.

Stingrie: I told you 500 credits!

Stingrie: If it's too expensive, just say so.

[Stingrie runs away, angry.]

[ .... several more hours pass ...]

[A small hunting party led by Krushmor the Master Rifleman comes over the ridge and spots Farglik.]

Krushmor: Farglik, what's up? What are you doing way out here?

Krushmor: We're rooting dralls out of a cave. You should join our group.

[Krushmor invites Farglik to join the group.]
[Farglik joins the group and starts following Krushmor around.]

Soop: [The party's medic]. Here, Farglik, let me hand you some stimpacks.

Soop: I know, it's pretty bad tonight. Here you go.

[Soop opens up a trade window and hands Farglik a Stimpack.]
[Farglik hands Soop a melon.]

Soop: Uh ... thanks!

[The party enters a cave and spends the next two hours brutally clearing it of creatures, room by room. Everyone gets tons of XP.]

Krushmor: Aw man, it's getting really late guys. I should go!

Krushmor: I know, sucks. I'll catch you all later.

[Krushmor logs off. By default, Farglik is now promoted to group leader!]
Soop: Well that sucks. What should we hunt next?

Soop: Let's hunt Slice Hounds!

Soop: I know an awesome spot. Follow me.

[The group runs out of the cave, but Farglik, because he is now group leader, just stands there. Several minutes pass before Soop returns.]

Soop: Farglik why didn't you come with us?

Soop: Well catch up when you can.

[Farglik stands motionless in the cave and eventually the group disbands. Half an hour passes.]
[Suddenly, one of the game developers, controlling Darth Vader, enters the cave.]

Darth Vader: Well, my young padawan, we've been watching your progress for quite some time.

Darth Vader: You have done well. We have decided to bestow upon you: Force powers!

Darth Vader: You will be the most powerful Jedi on the planet!

[Darth Vader gives Farglik force powers.]

Darth Vader: Would you like my light saber?

Darth Vader: My light saber. I bestow it onto you.

Farglik: Right on!

[Darth Vader opens up a trade and gives Farglik a light saber.]
[Farglik hands Darth Vader a melon.]

Darth Vader: Thanks, uh, for the ... melon.

Darth Vader: Well? Aren't you going to try out your new Force powers?

Darth Vader: Your Force powers! The powers I just gave you!

Darth Vader: The FORCE, Farglik! Use the Force!

Darth Vader: Okay, you know what. Just forget the Force powers. I'm taking them back.

Darth Vader: And give me back my light saber!

[Farglik hands Darth Vader a melon.]

[Darth Vader kills Farglik.]

[Farglik respawns in the cloning facility.]

KillSwitch: [In the cloning facility] Whoa! Look who just popped in. What happened to you, Farglik?

KillSwitch: Want to come hunting with us?

[Farglik and the Autocamp 2000 join the hunt and gain experience for several more hours...]

I'd call the experiment an unqualified success.

CooLJoE
09-23-2003, 03:23 AM
Yeah, I saw that one a couple days ago. I read it outloud to a friend and we were close to crying it was so funny.

I just love when they are like "don't shoot those things" and he's like "okie" and he shoots em anyways. Or how he gives a melon for trade. Hilarious stuff.

evenflow
09-26-2003, 11:14 AM
Sadly I do not have this game, but i went over to a freinds house to play. We went Krayt dragon hunting with about 30 people in a group. It was awesome. Killed two of them. They are really tough. Awesome though.

CooLJoE
10-02-2003, 08:11 AM
You guys still awake out there in SWG? I haven't seen anyone online in the game for about a week now.

I've been building up Imp Faction points, gaining levels as towards being an Architect, and even placed a wind generator and mineral extractor.

BTW, I think its dr_evazan who has the house (gandhi'too)....is that house near a city or something? I went walking out to it from Theed and got about 3-4000 clicks out and checked the location again. Turns out I still have like 5-6000 clicks to go :eek: . If its near a city, fine. But man...if not...I don't know how you managed to get out that far just to place a house. I was going to place my generator and extractor near your house, but chose an area right next to Theed for now.

Right now I'm working toward Engineering III. The Engineering levels are super easy to gain. Engineering IV only takes like 7000 XP. After Eng IV I'm a Novice Architect. The levels to make buildings are rather high though. First one is like 55,000 XP. And all you get is the ability to make several different small houses. Not bad for us since I could build everyone a house and create our city in moments. Plus I can create houses and sell em for some quick cash and fast XP. But man, its like 70,000 for level 2 (medium houses), 100,000 for level 3 (large houses), and I think 150,000 for level 4 (don't remember what you get). I'm hoping to be able to build a PA Hall before the add-on arrives. I want us to have a bunch of houses and a PA Hall before the player city ability arrives. We'll see though. I'm hoping to be a Novice Architect before the weekend.

dr_evazan22
10-02-2003, 04:26 PM
Hey CoolJoe!

I haven't really had too much time to play. I was running like 1 mission and then logging, it wasn't fun. I'm trying to get more time on my days off, but that's proven difficult lately. I was on vacation before, and therefore had tons of time.

Yeah, my house is in the middle of almost nowhere! I thought it was pretty much free and ope land, but there is an Imp NPC base there that was taken over by freakin' Reb NPC's! The location of the the house and base is about 4000k south of the Lake Retreat.

CooLJoE
10-02-2003, 11:18 PM
Well, once I get a chance I'm going to scout out some places near either Kadaar or Theed so we can create a settlement (so long as everyone is happy with Naboo as the SSG city....reply if you want to vote for a different planet/location).

Either way, it won't be hard to get it going as I will just hand people a small house and we can place them in a city formation (I'm going to look at drafting up a city setup so it has roads and such). I can even place a Cantina and area for terminals (as I've seen in other places). But that won't happen til I hit atleast Level I of Novice Architect. Soon......

CooLJoE
10-03-2003, 02:10 PM
I'm now done with Engineering III and working on Engineering IV. 6000 xp required for this skill, then 33,000xp to get Novice Architect (which gives me the ability to build Type 1 small houses).

Its actually quite easy to gain levels (up until you go for Architect levels). I found that building survival knifes over and over gave xp very fast (~30 or so xp per build). Then I found that the Clothing/Armor Crafting Tool gave ~60 or so xp per build. Here's the trick. You can't build more than 1 thing at a time. So what I did was to use 2 crafting tools, a generic and a specific tool (although you could use 2 specifics or 2 generics). More than 2 is possible, but you won't be able to keep up...they build too fast for that. So what I did was made it build on 1 craft tool, then switched to the other and made another build. By the time I was done starting the build (takes like 20 seconds to be made and put into your Item bin) the other craft tool would be completely done. I did the entire level of Eng III in like 1 hour. Not bad for 3000 xp.

So tonight I plan to have Eng IV done and hopefully will have a good amount of Novice Artchitect done.

Right now I can build half of the possible Personal Extractors (Mineral, Water, Ogranic I believe). After Eng IV, I can build all of them. Novice Arch gives me the Type 1 small houses and a couple of the bigger extractors. I can't wait. :)

CooLJoE
10-04-2003, 01:08 PM
BTW, I thought I would share this with you guys...

When I was leveling through the Engineering skills, I met a guy named Lullo Pom. He's a Droid Engineer. Infact I think he was a Master Droid Engineer. He gave me Eng II and III. Well, he's from Europe and decided that he was going to leave Chilastra so he could start a new character on a European server because the times he was on SWG there was barely anyone. Since he knew that I was going towards being an Architect he asked if I needed anything. I told him that I mostly use chemicals and metals to build stuff. So he gave me 10,000 steel and like 2,000 fiberplast (which I guess works as chemical) and also gave me one of the large size mineral extractors. Thats like 10,000 credits or more worth of stuff. I was sorry to hear him leave the server, but that was one of the nicer gestures I've seen in SWG.

Just thought I would share that little story I had. Its times like those that make MMORPGs even better. Heck, I got my bone armor the same way. A guy wanted to help me gain levels in 1-handed in the very begining of the game. This in turned helped him get ranged levels cuz I would keep the enemy away from him. So he went to the bazaar and bought me a full set of bone armor and had a friend make me a sword. Great times in SWG :)

CooLJoE
10-05-2003, 02:31 AM
Sheesh, where are you guys. I'm starting to feel like the only SSG'er in SWG. :(

Tonysmo
10-05-2003, 02:46 AM
Ive been around - somewhat spareingly.. went camping the last two days - so thats one reason I havent been on too much.

Its cool your able to build up the eng xp. Well need you as the house building guru once the city is up and runnin. Theed outskirts would be a grand place. The bud I hang with has a house SE from Theed,. It works pretty awesome - run a few missions, sit and hang while the TEF wears off.. The house looks awesome too - inside anyhow. Its a nice thing to have.

Ive had a small issue as of late with my abilities.. my abilities with my personal assiatance from the Empire that is. My buddy has a few troopers he can whip out when we are runnin harder missions, overt. so I thought Id get into that as well, but I wanted something different from his troopers, so I got a scout.. Well, 1st off, lemme pay my condolences to that scout NPC. Im sorry XC-733, you shoulda ran faster.. See, I get into this instances where I should just keep on keepin on.. and instead, I think, heck - this scouts got my back.. so we hammer down one Rebel, and then the other ends up incapping me.. well, once your incapped, its hard to store your pet.. so my personal bodyguard takes it upon himself to track down that nasty Reb and ends up turning corpse on me.
lessoned learned.. nah.

Im on Talus today - at the imp outpost, when I think, ya know, Ill give those scouts one more shot. I get two this time. heck, two is better than one in almost every instance right? right.. well.. one my way to the Rebel missions, we see some red con Rebs,.. not good. when you have your scouts out - you have to be overt. no biggie, they just started hammering me. then my scouts ran off after them.. two more corpses.

Im thinkin scouts arent good bodyguards.. Im not ready to admit I suck asss at having pets.

I still need to get the apprentence xp for marksman,, and I only need my biceps, gloves, and belt to finish off my trooper armor.

Things are starting to pick up though, Its back to work for me. night 1/4 so I wont be back on till later this next week - if I do - its run a mission then log.. like Gandhi.

Definitly around Cool Joe..

Tonysmo
10-14-2003, 06:24 AM
( shakes off the dust ) Guess who made marksman?! yup. Me. Pretty cool. My mission levels went up a few pts, and the credits are a bit more now. Im working on my pistoleer now, and thinking of taking up Bounty Hunter as well.. Not too many skill pts left, but I have no issues with dropping a most of my entertainer if needed.
I've also since lost YET ANOTHER personal assistant.. it happens. Still have not finished my armor. need the biceps and Im done. Shouldnt be too hard now as the faction pts are a bit better now that Im a bit stronger.
Havent heard hair nor hide from you guys.. What gives?
Anyhow - send me a tell in game.. love to get a hunting party together at least once..

CooLJoE
10-15-2003, 04:51 AM
I'm only every night. No specific time though. I gotta log in to make sure my extractors don't turn off and start collecting maintenance fees.

I'm still working toward novice architect. Takes quite a long time.

CooLJoE
10-26-2003, 06:27 PM
Welp, I'm now a Novice Architect. Whats this mean? Well, I can make small houses (a couple of layouts - tattooine, corellia, naboo only), some furniture, pretty much all of the personal extractors, basic weapons (all crap), some weapon mods, bone armor, and some droid parts.

The best is the small house part. I already built one. At first it seemed hard, but its actually quite easy. I just need to build up some resource extractors so I have a good supply. And man do they give XP. I'll have all of the housing levels in a matter of weeks hopefully. Not sure on the others.

If you need a house, send me a mail in the game.

scruffziller
11-05-2003, 10:46 AM
Well I just bought the software. Look for someone named scruffziller or something of the like.:D I think I'll be a Wookie!!!!!! Apropriate with my name...........:sur:

Tonysmo
11-06-2003, 10:20 AM
congrats! look me up when your on. Control P brings up an interface allowing you to edit who you can see when they are on-line. throw in our names and youll be able to see when we are all online. Then let the adventures begin! enjoy!

scruffziller
11-06-2003, 12:30 PM
My name is SCRUFFZILLERACO.
I look like an abominable snowman wookie!!!!!!:D
I am on Corellia somewhere, it looked pretty cool.

CooLJoE
11-07-2003, 04:52 AM
Congrats on the purchase of the software and welcome to SWG.

Update on things in SWG....

I've gotten to Novice Architect so I can build small houses. I'm very close to getting level 1 of the housing skills as an Architect. That will give me even more furniture and small house styles to build.

Also, all this month they are trickling updates to us that will eventually give us the ability to have player cities and creature mounts. With that, I think we need to decide on a planet/location for our SSG city. I don't think that a PA Hall is required, but the houses do all need to be near each other. And I would rather we get all the houses in a location that isn't near others so that we can create our own city without being smothered by tons of surrounding houses from unknown people. IMO, Naboo and Corellia seem to have the best landscapes to have a city. However, Naboo is the better Imperial planet of the two (which we should take in mind since I believe everyone in the SSG-SWG crew here is an Imp). Corellia is considered neutral I believe. Tattooine is another candidate although its quite empty with little scenery. I haven't been to any other planets besides those, but don't consider them counted out. Everyone's vote will count. So lets get voting on this before its too late.

My vote (as stated above) -> Corellia or Naboo....preferably near the water, but being away from everyone else takes priority over being near water.

scruffziller
11-09-2003, 07:11 PM
I got off Corellia and went to Naboo. Try to get bettter opportunities there or something. Man I have definetly caught that disease where you can't leave the computer while playing these games. The EverQuest virus.....:D
I am going now, 23 hours with no sleep.

CooLJoE
11-13-2003, 01:05 PM
Well....some bad news and some regular news....

Bad news - We will likely not get the chance to have our own Player City. Right now its being limited to 10 on smaller worlds and 25 on larger worlds. Also its on a first come first server basis. And from what I understand, you need a PA Hall and more than 10 people in the guild. It has alot of people upset at Sony for these limits since I've read about 2 people who (with their friends) had been working towards and hoping for having their own Player City, and now they won't get one. We can still build up to having our own little unofficial city and then when the cap gets raised we can immediately take a spot.

As it stands, in 1 week Player Cities and Creature Mounts will be useable features in the game, and I won't have the ability to build a PA Hall before then. Our only hope is to get a Master Architect to build us a PA Hall and then form a guild REALLY fast with like 15 members. If anyone is up for this short-notice challenge, lemme know ASAP.

Regular news - The first Force Slot was opened early this week or last week. so far its the only one. And apparently Sony somewhat lied to us. It IS a random chance, however the Jedi/Sith Holocrons point you in the right direction. Apparently Sony wasn't happy with how long it was taking to get a Force Slot opened. So they released the holocrons as a hint as to what you need to do. Basically it tells you the profession you are suppose to master (Which is different for each person. It was basically chosen at random when you created your character...thats my understanding anyways.).

So if you want to have a Jedi character, just get yourself a holocron and master the profession it tells you that you need to master. My teacher at school told me he got a holocron that told him to master Bounty Hunter. Lucky SOB was only 1 or 2 skill levels away from mastering Bounty Hunter. But I've heard of people being Master Marksmen or whatever and it would tell them they need to become a Master Architect. BTW, for those who are curious, finding a dropped holocron is amazingly difficult and only found on the larger creatures. As for buying one, its either ~$100 on eBay or 2 million credits in the game.

CooLJoE
11-13-2003, 09:22 PM
Oops. I guess the minimum amount of people to start a city is 50. So we can basically just forget the idea unless we find another guild or whatever that would like to start a city together.

That or we can build up and wait til they open more spots on other or new planets (new planets when the space expansion comes out). Or we can just find a blank area that isn't being used on one of the planets and just start a planned unofficial city. When I say planned, I mean we take the time to lay out the houses and such to resemble a city and such.

Also, I think the patch is done and now working so Player Cities are already being created and players can now use mounts on creatures. I could be wrong though.

Tonysmo
11-16-2003, 06:11 AM
I have a large house now, SW of Theed,. Its next to other houses, most are vendors. Your more than welcome to move into the neighborhood. The name on the house is Bourbon Street. Its a decent jog from theed but nothing too bad. As for starting a city... 50 people is quite a bit. I think I talk to ONE person on a regular basis.. and know 5 people max..

As for the creature mounts. I cannot train them to be mounts. but I can go a tame the babies.. so.. if ya need a mount.. lemme know, I can get them. but youll have to find a master CH to train them - I aint that skilled yet!

Anyone find or get a holocron yet? me neither.. BUT I did find a kick butt crystal used in making a double bladed lightsaber of a jawa.. I thought it was cool.

I also killed a jedi. Yep. it was extremly hard of course. This wasnt a player Jedi, but an NPC untrained padawan... still hard as all hell to kill..
There are the jedi ruins on dantooine. I had to run from the outpost ( 10 minute run ) 3,.. yes 3 times.. to kill this guy. He keep the damage that I had given him, which was nice,. but as I got a good bleed shot on him,. he killed me.. so I laid there, and watched him bleed to death.. sucks.. cause I got no XP for it, cause I was dead.. ( that to me shouldnt matter )

I finished the Imperial Theme park, and have one last mission to complete before finishing Jabbas theme park.

its alllll good. Still enjoying the game. Hope they fix the loot quickly after the last major patch.. going from 20 -30 credits.. to 2-3 credits per kill is very uh.. sucky...

hope to see ya'll in game soon!

CooLJoE
11-17-2003, 03:06 AM
Well, I'll look into the area where your at. Right now my place is fun since it has nothing immediately surrounding it. Eventually I'm going to go travel to an open area and build my own housing area so I'm not packed next to tons of houses of people I don't know.

I wouldn't mind a creature myself. The tough part is paying for a CH to train them. Although I am a bit lost on something. How does the creature go from baby to adult? Does it just happen over time?

I haven't found a jedi holocron yet. I've been hoping, but no luck. And I can't really pay the $100 on eBay or the 2 mil credits in the game. I'm hoping I happen accross one somehow on either chilastra or gorath (where I have another char that barely gets used).

I know the jedi (untrained padawan) you are talking about. I heard about the holocron mission so I figured I would get one from him. Turned out to be a broken holocron ( :( ). The first mission from him (the verator lizard) took like 10 fights to kill. He incapped me each time. When my character got up, I waited til I was healed and then attacked again. Man does my character need some serious skill training. When I got to the jedi, I went near it for fun and it incapped me so fast I couldn't even pull out my sword. Not like I expected to kill her, but was fun to see.

I haven't finished any of the theme parks. Not even sure how to start them or where to go. I've just been working on the architect skills and once in awhile I go do imperial missions.

I haven't noticed a loot problem, but I haven't done any regular fights since the patch, so maybe thats why I don't see it.

Oh well, I'm going to be playing alot more in the next few weeks. I have finals this week (no homework yay!) and the next week I have no school so I get to stay up late.

Tonysmo
11-17-2003, 06:54 AM
I am sure I can hook you up with a creature/mount.. right now the ones I have are still untrained ( not skilled enough to train them as mounts yet ) but I can hook you up with one.. and as I store them.. each day that goes by, they level one more level till they level out. So the mounts I have are both level 3 or 4 now. I should be able to have them trained as mounts soon.

the lizard you ran into from the holo mission was a toughy, and yeah, I thought the holo I needed to deliver was gonna be a whole one.. not broken.. but oh well. I will not pay anyone for one.. Ill wait my turn. As it stands Im still not enough of a Badazz to whoop any surface marshalls alone... that time is coming soon though - as last night I finished off scouting, so I am ready to master that, and become a novice Bounty Hunter.. Ive had a freakin LLC forever and havent been able to use it. I shall very soon... WOOT WOOT!!

anyhow, Ill look for ya in game. Ill show ya where some of the good theme parks are. The Imperial theme park is close to Moenia on Theed, and Jabbas theme park is close to wayfar on Tat of course. ( cntr V brings up a map ) in case ya didnt know..

The thing thats starting to hurt though is the lack of skill points. I know you can create a character that can do EVERYTHING.. but Im gonna have to drop all my entertainer skills and probably some of my medical skills to continue on my current path.. That hurts..

CooLJoE
11-17-2003, 03:55 PM
Yeah, I'll have to catch up with you in game and look at getting a creature for mounting.

I'm going to start looking toward grinding away on my levels so I can actually be effective against shaupauts. I don't want to have to worry about where I can go like I do now. I hate the idea of grinding, but I think I've put off my leveling too long so now its catch-up time. Though I don't look forward to the time when I have to lose a profession. I think Medic is the first to go.

CooLJoE
11-17-2003, 11:15 PM
Hmmmm, just found out some interesting news. We don't need 50 people.

Apparently 10 will do. We won't be called a city, but we its a start.

Here's how it goes:

RANK - RADIUS - POPULATION
--------------------------------
Outpost - 150 - 10

Village - 200 - 20

Township - 300 - 35

City - 400 - 55

Metropolis - 450 - 85

So all we need is 10 people and we can have our own outpost. SSG Outpost! What we need though is an Architect with Construction 4 skill level (which I don't have yet) and a Novice Politician. The Architect makes the City Hall deed and the Politician places it. After that, we have 24 hours to get 10 people with a residency in the city (or outpost as the case may be). The more people that join, the bigger it gets. Each week it either goes up or down a rank based on the population. If we don't get 10 people in 24 hours, the City Hall is destroyed. If we get 10 people and some leave, we have 3 days to get enough people to fill the minimum number (10).

If you guys still want to do this, we can. Lemme know and I'll grind towards construction 4 skill while someone else does the politician skill. I guess the novice politician skill only takes 500 apprentice points. Then you just visit the politician trainer at the capital building.

Here's a link to how it all works. I'm up for it if you guys are.

http://starwarsgalaxies.station.sony.com/content.jsp?page=Advanced%20Guide%20Player%20Citie s

Tonysmo
11-18-2003, 04:42 AM
10 people.. that shouldnt be hard. The only issue I see is finding someone willing to be a politician. If they give me 50 more skill points, Ill consider it. As it stands.. I have 5 unused skill points left. bye bye entertainer.

Grinding isnt all that bad.. I wouldnt consider myself a grinder.. I normally try to find interesting things to do - NPC missions for decent loot drops. and then grind what I need along the way. The bigger the bug, the better the xp of course. I had to level trapping to master scout. I didnt like one bit of it, but I got through it semi quickly on tatoonie.. the banthas were good to me.

now I must start on my creature handling skills.

lemme know on the outpost deal. Whatever we decide, we certainly have time.

CooLJoE
11-18-2003, 11:24 AM
Well right now I have Installations 1 and am working on both Construction 1 and Buildings 1. Installations 1 gives me the ability to make some Factories. This way I can just shove the ingredients into a hopper and tell it to make so many items for me. Makes production alot easier. Should make leveling easier as well.

Also, I got a mount last night. Only $10k too. Its a baby bol. So now I have a creature to ride around AND I can use it in battle.

So I'll work myself towards Construction 4 and get myself some more warrior skills. Maybe we can find someone else that wants to be Politician if you don't want to give up any skill points. Maybe another SSG'er? *cough* where are the rest of you?!? *cough*

evenflow
11-19-2003, 07:53 PM
Well it seems like a Jedi has been spotted, does anyone have a pic?

scruffziller
11-21-2003, 04:19 PM
Sheesh, where are you guys. I'm starting to feel like the only SSG'er in SWG. :(Nah dude, I am on there almost every day. So much that when I see people off in the distance (in the "real world"), I think, "Ooooooooo Meatlump Fools.........., easy looting cash.............:crazed: " You must be on a different server.
I am a member of the Blood Guild. Hee Hee.:D I am on server Shadow---something.

Well it seems like a Jedi has been spotted, does anyone have a pic?
The link CoolJoe posted above look at the player screen shots of the day it shows one, with a red lightsaber.

CooLJoE
11-22-2003, 03:20 AM
scruff - yup, thats the problem. we are all on the Chilastra server.

scruffziller
11-28-2003, 02:03 PM
All right here is a pic of me in action on Corellia!

Tonysmo
11-29-2003, 03:01 AM
very cool. What server are you on again? I just created a new wookie on the Vacycln server. ( think thats how you spell it ). Needed to do so to help out a few guys I work with as they are on that sever. They needed the xp. Anyhow, I became an artisan as well. Im actually diggin it. I may have to figure out what skills to drop for my main char. .. not really much to choose from though. Im torn. addicted. and torn. and at work. wondering how my char. are doing. did I mention addicted?

CooLJoE
11-29-2003, 04:04 AM
Yup, sounds like your addicted.

I myself have gotten a few other toys in life that have distracted me away from Galaxies, the main one being a new car (2003 Silverstone VW GTI 1.8T 5-speed manual). Infact I probably only log like 1 hour each night, mostly just to check on my house and extractors and make sure they have maintenance and power to survive another day.

I'll probably get back into the swing of things sometime in December. Just need to get over the new-toy excitement.

scruffziller
12-01-2003, 08:39 AM
very cool. What server are you on again? I am actually on Shadowfire with the main charachter, SCRUFFZILLERACO.
I made a real ugly Bothan character on the Chilastra called SCRUFFEE ZEE.

scruffziller
12-11-2003, 11:43 AM
Any word on how people have found Jedi/Sith Holocron's, besides purchasing them? The only thing that I have seen, as a way, is from finding treasure or stuff on thugs when you kill them. PLus if you become a jedi, do the holocron's need to stay in there possesion to stay a jedi so they can be circulated around, plus are the holocrons limited indefiantely or how many could there be for whatever ratio of people are on the game?

Adam
12-11-2003, 12:36 PM
From what I remember, Holocrons blow up afterawhile. After you attain Jedi, you can only lose it by deleting your account. When you get Jedi, you can make Jedi on all servers.

I think most Holocrons were being found on Dantooine..

Tonysmo
12-12-2003, 05:24 AM
Holocrons are a curse! kidding, I havent devoted too much time in looking for them , but have indeed looked.. Adam is right as most are found on Dantooine. seems to be the "force sensitive" planet. There are a few places to go, and yes, the mostly drop off things you kill.. I have yet to hear of any other ways to get one, besides buying.. Any "force sensitive" NPC has a chance.. to have one.. and a slight chance that is. Some get lucky and get one on a 1st kill.. others have killed 100's and got nothing. The Crystal caves is also a good place to check out for Holos. There are normally about 5-6 force sensitve NPCs in there at any givin time. Be forwarned though, clone, insure, and dont go alone. Id say you have to be somewhat uber to go there and succeed. Ive been there, and Ive gained alot of XP.. but thats about it, died plenty,. and never got to loot any of them because there is always a crowd of people in there as well waiting for the same thing.

Depending on your faction, if your an Imperial you can hunt down Rebel Surface Marshalls on Dant. They are supposed to drop them as well, but after wiping up at least 6 of them, I have yet to get one.. Those are missions of a lvl 32 or higher with a payout of over 8K.. ( so keep that in mind when taking missions )

or.. if your Rebel SCUM.. then there are Dark Troopers on Naboo semi close to the Lake retreat that may carry them.. look for the three letter NPCs.. I dont know much more about that side though.

As for holding on to the holos, The way it works, so Ive read, is that you get a holo.. and read it. It tells you stay on your current path.. say, if your about to be a master Bounty Hunter.. then you master that before reading another holo.. Or, it may say your path is to master chef. Then of course you need to drop skills if you need points, and master chef. do not read another holo until youve mastered that, or the next holo will say the same thing. so.. youd be wastin one. and at 4.5 million a pop, you ought not to be doin that!
if yourt close to mastering something, MASTER IT 1st! nothing worse than getting close, then finding out you need to be a dancer, dropping all your scouting skills - to find out holo #2 says master scout.. Once youve read the holo, they are pretty much decoration.. I assume so anyhow, Ive never read anything about them after they have been read. They may actually be destroyed after you read them so WRITE what it says down!

okie, so I havent really been looking.. just um.. reading alot.. yeah thats it.. What else is there to do at this job at 4:30 am?

The Jedi in game dont need holos anymore.. so no need to have them. The Jedi is a seperate character.

much luck to you - and I still have yet to run into you - I have your name, just havent added it yet - my bad,. Do you hang out in Theed? what planet do you normally hang out on?

scruffziller
12-12-2003, 11:12 AM
The Jedi in game dont need holos anymore.. so no need to have them. The Jedi is a seperate character.

When? Where? guess I'll have to check was it a recent patch? Didn't see it on the career list.

much luck to you - and I still have yet to run into you - I have your name, just havent added it yet - my bad,. Do you hang out in Theed? what planet do you normally hang out on?
I haven't done much with the Chilastra charachter, but mainly on SHADOWFIRE since that is the furthest along. I've been in Moenia alot here on NABOO and hang out alot in Theed.

scruffziller
12-16-2003, 05:05 PM
Well it appears there will be a great new expansion coming in 2004!! SPACE!!!!

http://starwarsgalaxies.station.sony.com/expansions.jsp?page=Expansions

scruffziller
12-25-2003, 01:56 PM
WOW!!! What a great Christmas gift the staff gave us a Jedi Holocron!!!!!!
The piece of artwork was pretty nice too. Did anyone get a Sith Holocron?