PDA

View Full Version : New Saga figures on new cards are available!

JangoFart
06-19-2003, 07:25 PM
Cloud City Collectibles has most of the new Saga figures (Vader, Luke, Snowtrooper, etc.).

They are $14.99 each for C9+ and cheaper for lower grades. Check 'em out at: www.cloudcity.com .

J

Anakin2121
06-19-2003, 09:28 PM
Thank you!

Every 2003 Saga figure is at this site, and aside from Kebco, it's the cheapest I've seen them! :)

Turbowars
06-19-2003, 09:43 PM
cool Cloudcity.com = E-bay. Happy to know to never buy from them Jango.

Anakin2121
06-19-2003, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by turbowars
cool Cloudcity.com = E-bay. Happy to know to never buy from them

What?:confused:

Turbowars
06-19-2003, 10:29 PM
Oh come on. Cloudcity is selling figures 3x retail, just as e-bay does, heck e-bay may be less. You can get these for under 6 bucks in month. Tycho found them at a Target, so they maybe out now. $14.99 $5.99, gee I wonder what price I should pay?

Anakin2121
06-19-2003, 10:47 PM
Brand-new figures like Throne Room Luke are about $13 there. So? And the other 2003 figures, like SC Anakin, are only about $7 or $8.
When you consider that that's about as cheap as I can find any of them online, along with the fact that the newest figure any stores around here have is POTJ Ketwol, and I think I know my new Saga source. :D

Turbowars
06-19-2003, 10:54 PM
Well I guess more power to Cloudcity. Cases can be bought for 64.99 at other online stores. They come to just under $5.99 each. They just are not out yet. I guess if you want them now, Cloudcity is the way to go.:confused:

Anakin2121
06-19-2003, 11:09 PM
It sure is!!! I never want every figure from a case or wave anyway, usually just one or two, so why pay for the whole lot? :p

Old Fossil
06-19-2003, 11:28 PM
Patience almost always pays off! -- unless you collect Star Wars figures, that is... more power to you for grabbing the bull by the horns, Anakin2121. Who knows when, or even if, you'll ever see those figures at retail???

I will wait to find them at retail. Hopefully I won't still be waiting, come November.

Anakin2121
06-19-2003, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by Twodot Tatooine
Who knows when, or even if, you'll ever see those figures at retail???

I will wait to find them at retail. Hopefully I won't still be waiting, come November.

Exactly. :) TRUs around here last year got the 4/23 and Bespin wave on time, but after that got nothing. It wasn't until November that I found the Sith Training Maul/Tatooine Anakin/Teemto wave, which had apparently been out everywhere else since July!
And since I've scarcely found a single 2003 figure now, I might as well take every opportunity I can get. :p

mm74md
06-20-2003, 11:05 AM
I've seen everything except the 12" Lando wave at retail. I refuse to buy online unless it is a fair deal. I recently got the new Star Tours wave off eBay for $9.99 each + shipping.

mm74md
06-20-2003, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by mm74md
I've seen everything except the 12" Lando wave at retail. I refuse to buy online unless it is a fair deal. I recently got the new Star Tours wave off eBay for $9.99 each + shipping.

:crazed: I lied. I haven't seen the new Unleashed lines at retail. But I still got those from DNS Toys & ActionFigureExpress at a reasonable rate.

Anakin2121
06-20-2003, 12:02 PM
That's pretty amazing, since I've searched all over Kansas, Missouri, Maryland, and Delaware, and only found a single 2003 Saga figure, the Tusken.

It doesn't make sense, since the stores in all these states have gotten the latest waves of, for example, Lord of the Rings figures in right on time. But they're all painfully slow with Star Wars, and I don't understand why.

I have no choice but to go online. Just you watch, though...if I decide to wait for them to show up at retail (which they won't), the figures will suddenly be out of stock at the website...and if I order them from the website, they'll suddenly appear at retail the next day. :crazed: That's just my luck! :p

JangoFart
06-20-2003, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Anakin2121
I have no choice but to go online. Just you watch, though...if I decide to wait for them to show up at retail (which they won't), the figures will suddenly be out of stock at the website...and if I order them from the website, they'll suddenly appear at retail the next day. :crazed: That's just my luck! :p

That's exactly right! I bought one of each of what Cloud City had in the new figures and have previously bought Padme and Coleman from another seller. If I see them on the pegs tomorrow - so what.

When I bought the new Han and Chewie off of Cloud City a month or two ago, it was for the same price as these new ones. To date, I've never seen either at retail.

No regrets for me. I'm happy knowing that my new little dudes are on their way to my house where all the other figures are just dying to meet them :)

J

Figurestasher
06-20-2003, 01:49 PM
Cloud City is a rip off. I found all these at Walmart this morning for $4.77 each. And they will probably get more next week. Even if I didnt find them in retail I would wait until they went down to a more reasonable price online.

Anakin2121
06-20-2003, 04:20 PM
Figurestasher,

The only figures that are "expensive" on Cloud City are the brand-new ones like Throne Room Luke...
But for those of us who've not found ANY 2003 figures in retail, $7 for an SC Anakin is a good deal to me! That's how much he'd be in a K-B Toy store anyway. :p
Everyone claims they're finding new figures. I'll wait till this weekend, shop around....if I don't find 'em anywhere, then I'll just order. :)

TheDarthVader
06-20-2003, 04:41 PM
I found two new figures this week that I needed...the new Boba Fett and the Flying R2-D2. I believe figures will start to show up soon. I have a good feeling. The last figure I bought online was a prune face freeze frame, and, to this day, I still feel like I got ripped off. I am not going to buy figures online anymore unless they are the orange carded POTF2 figures or something that I know I can not find. To each, thier own. But I also like the excitement of finding new figures. It is so cool!! :)

Figurestasher
06-20-2003, 07:08 PM
Once again Cloud City is a "rip off". If you like being their free advertiser than be my guest.

Anakin2121
06-20-2003, 07:49 PM
It's only a ripoff if you can actually find new figures at retail.

If you're like me, who, if thoroughly searching stores across four states is any indication, would think that the Saga line ended in 2002 if not for the Internet (since, in a way, the 2003 figures don't exist since I've seen practically none of them), you'd have no choice but to order 'em online. :)

Jedi Leanne
06-20-2003, 07:50 PM
Figurestasher,

The only figures that are "expensive" on Cloud City are the brand-new ones like Throne Room Luke...
But for those of us who've not found ANY 2003 figures in retail, $7 for an SC Anakin is a good deal to me! That's how much he'd be in a K-B Toy store anyway. :p
Everyone claims they're finding new figures. I'll wait till this weekend, shop around....if I don't find 'em anywhere, then I'll just order. :)

Which figures you gonna buy then? :) I recently got Yoda and Chain, a great buy.. pick them up if you can. I do shopping all the time online cause I'm really too busy to go hunting.

Anakin2121
06-20-2003, 07:53 PM
I'm lookin' for SC Anakin, Darth Tyranus, Aayla Secura, and Throne Room Luke in particular...
Luke's brand-new, so $13 dollars for him I can understand. All the other figures I named are pretty cheap at Cloud City ($7-$8) especially compared to some $15 at Amoktime or Brian's Toys. Frankly I wouldn't pay that much for any figure other than ones from the new Luke/Snowtrooper wave, since the others have "supposedly" been out for months now. :rolleyes:

Jedi Leanne
06-20-2003, 08:02 PM
I'm lookin' for SC Anakin, Darth Tyranus, Aayla Secura, and Throne Room Luke in particular...
Luke's brand-new, so $13 dollars for him I can understand. All the other figures I named are pretty cheap at Cloud City ($7-$8) especially compared to some $15 at Amoktime or Brian's Toys. Frankly I wouldn't pay that much for any figure other than ones from the new Luke/Snowtrooper wave, since the others have "supposedly" been out for months now. :rolleyes:

What about Obi-Wan acklay battle? Padme? I'm shocked you haven't found Darth Tyranus. Aayla Secura is a nice figure.. I look like her... apart from the blue skin, the tentacles and the weird markings LOL! :D
Have you not seen Anakin SC anywhere? I got him about 4 months ago. Where abouts are you? Outer Mongolia? LOL!! :crazed:

Old Fossil
06-20-2003, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Leanne
What about Obi-Wan acklay battle? Padme? I'm shocked you haven't found Darth Tyranus. Aayla Secura is a nice figure.. I look like her... apart from the blue skin, the tentacles and the weird markings LOL! :

Golly!:sur:

Anakin2121
06-20-2003, 08:29 PM
Jedi Leanne,

As I've said, I've looked all over Kansas, Missouri, Maryland, and Delaware and not found any! I search the KS/MO area thoroughly every week. :(

Banthaholic
06-20-2003, 10:07 PM
I've tried about every online etailer. My only experience with Cloud City was a negative one.
They charged a ridiculous amout for shipping, then delivered my items in a box that was bigger than the one my Imperial Shuttle came in. (they didn't need to be in a large box at all)
I also had a few other problems with the shipment, although a + for them is that they handled it promptly and professionally. Something I can't say about other etailers.

jonthejedi
06-21-2003, 08:59 AM
I saw CCC had clone trooper multi-pack for something like $25...plus shipping...as long as desperate army builder with nothing better to do with their money will spend that kind of $$$, then they'll charge that much. Not for me...I'll wait & take my chances with Hasbro's lousy distribution systems. They swore to us Ep II figures wouldn't flood the marketplace after the movie came & went...well go to your local Toy r Us, and KayBee...as far as I've heard...they haven'y received ANY 2003 figures!!!

jonthejedi
06-21-2003, 09:03 AM
Mark my words, Twodot...when Target finishes their toy dept. reset in less than a month...we'll all have the last laugh on those who will get scalped on the internet!

dark_one
06-21-2003, 11:02 AM
For a true bounty hunter its the thrill of the hunt! I have had very little luck but Im still out there searching. Ive found five of the new ones that I bought, and another 3 or 4 that were bent up or smashed pretty bad that I let slide by.

I also joined the Kebco club. Sometimes online can be good. With all the gas Im saving and my time the couple extra dollars is worth it. I logged 83 miles and 4 hours of my time last nite and came home empty handed. How much is that worth.

Turbowars
06-21-2003, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Twodot Tatooine
Golly!:sur: Here we go again guys. Where's JediBrian when we need him, or her.:rolleyes:

karinations
06-21-2003, 04:04 PM
I'm, starting to change my tune about the online guys and in fact have started buying figures from them.(just picked up an Aayla from Clud city).
After months and months of going on little field trips to 10-12 stores in my area 2-3 times a week and finding nothing(or less).
simple math tells me ordering online is saving me money and time.
I think of the gas+expenses+aggrovation+driving for nothing.
It's almost a no brainer.
The reports of the new card saga figures are incouraging but i just don't believe that im going to see them around here.
I would be less surprised to find a 12 back Luke at this point.
And then what of the last regular saga wave(Boba Carkoon,ect)those willl be skipped completely?
Will the Clone Wars figures squash this new card saga line?
The figures are declining in populartiy and i am going to treat every wave as if it's the last EP1 wave from now on.
So Viva Cloud City!
Nevermind Greyhound,
their slogan should be "Cloud City,leave the driving to us".
And the time and the money and walking behind old people and breathing that wet unclean air that's in every f**king Wal Mart....

-V-

http://www.karinations.com

jjreason
06-21-2003, 04:11 PM
Point - it's not a rip off if you're willing to pay.

Point - it's not crazy to pay a little more, when you simply can't find anything new, no matter where or how often you look (read: live in Canada for this one).

Point - if you can find stuff, why not offer to help instead of calling other people stupid for paying an extra couple of bucks for their figures? If we all worked together...... no one would be making extra money on ebay, I guess.

Point - The distribution for the 2003 stuff has been spotty at best. Some get it all, many (most, even?) get nothing. It's time for those lucky ones to start posting where the scores are, and offering to buy up more of the new figures to sell other users AT COST, that's what community is for - not name calling.

Turbowars
06-21-2003, 06:59 PM
Hey JJreason I have a few extra figures to sell for cost (6 bucks)New waves. I have them listed in the selling and trading forums, or PM me for list. I'm all for helping out.

Turbowars
06-21-2003, 08:14 PM
Here's a break down on waves to clear things up.[list=1]
WAVE 10 Col #1
2 Hoth Han
2 Hoth Chewy
1 Destroyer Droid
2 Fett
2 R2's
1 Annie
1 Obi
1 Mace[/list=1] [list=1]
WAVE 11 Col #1
1 Jango
1 C-3PO
2 Jedi Luke
2 Vader's
2 Snowtroopers
1 Hoth Han
1 Chewy
1 Fett
1 R2
[/list=1] [list=1]
WAVE 12 Col #1 Clone Wars
4 ARC Troopers
4 Anakins
4 Yoda's
[/list=1] [list=1]
WAVE 12 Col #2
2 Yoda and kid
1 Ashla & Jempa
1 Lama Su
2 Offee
2 Aayla
1 Padme
1 Droid 2 pack
1 officer
1 Red Battle droid
[/list=1] [list=1]
WAVE 13 Col #2
1 Wedding Padme
1 Wat
1 Trebor
1 Maul
1 Leia
1 Han
1 Yoda
1 Ashla & Jempa
1 Lama Su
1 Offee
1 Aayla
1 Red Battle droid
[/list=1] [list=1]
WAVE 14 Col #2
2 Waitress Droids
2 Faytonni
2 Sidious
1 Luke (Tat)
1 Vader (MOTDS)
1 Droid 2 pack
1 Tambor
1 Trebor
1 Ashla & Jempa
[/list=1]

jjreason
06-21-2003, 11:39 PM
Thanks Turbo. Im taken care of, but obviously there are many, many folks here who are finding nothing. Now, if they're not finding anything and don't want a deal like this - my whole last post was worthless. Thanks for the help, man. I'll do my best to send a few down on their luck Canucks your way.

Do you have all of the a/n figures in hand???? Holy Moly! I need a red headed Rebel and a blonde Imp if you've got those (not on your list, but can't hurt to ask).

Figurestasher
06-22-2003, 01:10 AM
Most folks are finding nothing because it isnt a movie release year so retail stores barely pre-ordered anything. Otherwise they all would be like KBtoys stuck with old stuff that people paid outrageuos prices for in the secondary market last summer. KB is loaded with older SW figures for half off now.
Secondly if you guys are searching retail in hopes of finding something new than you have to go at open after the stores have stocked at night. Any other time is just a waste of time since stores only get a case or two anyways. If you have to work early and cant do that then well that is unfair, but it isnt going to change. That's just how retail is and has always been.
Whoever wants to argue go ahead, I am finding stuff in retail, not loads of it but I am finding it and if I was to go on my lunch break or between jobs rather than in the morning before I work when the stores open then I would end up finding nothing new.

....and for you people not finding anything or still having trouble going when stores open then buy Turbowars extra figures for crying out loud.

JangoFart
06-26-2003, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by Figurestasher
Most folks are finding nothing because it isnt a movie release year so retail stores barely pre-ordered anything. Otherwise they all would be like KBtoys stuck with old stuff that people paid outrageuos prices for in the secondary market last summer. KB is loaded with older SW figures for half off now.
Secondly if you guys are searching retail in hopes of finding something new than you have to go at open after the stores have stocked at night. Any other time is just a waste of time since stores only get a case or two anyways. If you have to work early and cant do that then well that is unfair, but it isnt going to change. That's just how retail is and has always been.
Whoever wants to argue go ahead, I am finding stuff in retail, not loads of it but I am finding it and if I was to go on my lunch break or between jobs rather than in the morning before I work when the stores open then I would end up finding nothing new.

....and for you people not finding anything or still having trouble going when stores open then buy Turbowars extra figures for crying out loud.

Ugh.... Just what the collecting world needs - another preacher to tell us how, what and when to collect.

If you aren't interested in on-line collecting, then by all means, don't participate in it. Don't preach to me or anyone else about what we should or shouldn't do to complete our collections. The only collector whose collection I have any say so over is mine. Same statement applies to you.

I travel all over 3 states 4 times a month and I haven't found jack from the new waves except a ton a Tuskens. (Don't travel looking for the figures, but when in Rome......)

I hope every collector finds exactly what they want/need for their collections and I hope they get them at clearance prices. But, down here in the real world we've come to realize that there is a terrible drought in distribution, but a typhoon of cool new items to be had. If I, or anyone else, want to pay $100 per figure, what skin is it off of anyone else's back? None.

Arguments can go back and forth for years and there'll be no resolution. But, there is an inescapable reality - there are no figures worth having to be found at retail. If there were, something tells me most folks wouldn't be rushing out to pay 15 bucks a pop for something they could get for 5 bucks. If any collector wants to fill his/her collection on their terms, on their timetable and within their budget, I say rock on!

J

Anakin2121
06-26-2003, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by JangoFart
Ugh.... Just what the collecting world needs - another preacher to tell us how, what and when to collect.

If you aren't interested in on-line collecting, then by all means, don't participate in it. Don't preach to me or anyone else about what we should or shouldn't do to complete our collections. The only collector whose collection I have any say so over is mine. Same statement applies to you.

I travel all over 3 states 4 times a month and I haven't found jack from the new waves except a ton a Tuskens. (Don't travel looking for the figures, but when in Rome......)

I hope every collector finds exactly what they want/need for their collections and I hope they get them at clearance prices. But, down here in the real world we've come to realize that there is a terrible drought in distribution, but a typhoon of cool new items to be had. If I, or anyone else, want to pay $100 per figure, what skin is it off of anyone else's back? None.

Arguments can go back and forth for years and there'll be no resolution. But, there is an inescapable reality - there are no figures worth having to be found at retail. If there were, something tells me most folks wouldn't be rushing out to pay 15 bucks a pop for something they could get for 5 bucks. If any collector wants to fill his/her collection on their terms, on their timetable and within their budget, I say rock on!

J

Very well said. I totally agree!!! :)
Another high point for Cloud City -- they only take, like, five days to deliver! I ordered some figures from there on Sunday the 22nd, and they'll be here tomorrow, Friday the 27th!

Take Amoktime, for example, where virtually every figure costs sixteen dollars (plus shipping) and it takes six weeks to get there.

JangoFart
06-26-2003, 11:35 AM
Yeah, Anakin2121, CC does deliver fast. I got all of my new dudes yesterday and they are truly C9. (Which is another plus, as folks seem to be slapping higher grades on the figures than they used to, IMO.)

I love the way the new figures display and that color blue at the top of the cardfront is beautiful. (Blue's my fav. color, BTW.) The cardback looks better in person than it does in a .jpg, which is saying something. Now I can't wait to get some of the new single carded Clone Wars critters! (I already have the 3 deluxes which are available and will snag those Jedi once the sellers put down the crack pipe and come off of those prices a tad.)

J

Turbowars
06-26-2003, 09:33 PM

J Wait a minute here, he's only saying what is true in our area. Stasher is a good guy and has helped me out over and over and I can't say that about to many people here in LA. He and I buy from EE, but don't pay high prices for our figures. Right now Online is the way to go, but if you do want some figures from retail, you have to get there at opening. The thing is, is that I hear many collectors crying on how they can't find anything, so we tell people how to do it and they still cry. Heck I have extra figures that people are crying about, but when you offer them, they don't want them .I think some people just like to cry. Bottom line is if you like to pay high $ for a figure thats your thing and if you like to be cheap then thats cool to.

JangoFart
06-26-2003, 11:39 PM
I never said he wasn't a good guy. I like to think I'm a good guy too, but I don't go around bashing my opinions over the skulls of everyone else and saying what they are doing is wrong.

He can complete his collection any way he chooses - none of my business either way. I myself don't care to buy cases from anyone because I've seen too many of those cases all beat up; meaning the figs inside are too. Sure, you can return it to EE, or whomever, and get a replacement case - if they have any left - but that's more headache than I can to engage in.

All I'm saying is: don't criticize others for who, what, when, where, and how they collect their figures. Everyone here wants one thing - to enjoy their hobby by expanding their collection. Let 'em do it the way they want. I don't recall anyone here, yet, saying that if you don't buy your figs from Cloud City, or whomever, then you are doing something bad. I do recall the opposite being said.

J

Turbowars
06-27-2003, 12:01 AM
Yeah OK Jangofart, hey does the Clone 3 pack fit OK in the old deluxe Starcase? In another thread it says the card is smaller.

JangoFart
06-27-2003, 02:49 AM
Nope, doesn't fit in any of the Star Case Deluxes. Well, let me re-phrase - the Clone Troopers one "fits" but the card is both too narrow and too short for it to make it worth your time. The other two do not fit because their bubbles are too deep - they'll fit, but you can't securely put the back on.

The new Clone Wars deluxes are 7.5Wx8.25H, whereas all other deluxe lines had cards which were 7.875Wx8.875H. Not a major difference on paper, but sure is in a protector.

I bought a whole bunch of SLU acrylic cases to put my SW Deluxe figures in and they fit perfect - for most deluxes from POTF2 to Saga fit with the obvious exceptions like Nexu, Luke Bacta, etc. Found a dude on eBay with 'em for 6 bucks a pop. The Clone Army fits in it acceptably and displays really well. The other CW deluxes won't fit at all due to their bubble depth. I tell ya, that Masters of the Dark Side 2-pack looks some kinda sweet in an acrlyic case!

J

Droidlover
06-27-2003, 04:25 AM
Well I broke down and ordered Hoth Han from Action-HQ. Signed up for their newsletter and got a $4 coupon, so I got him for $9 shipped. I kept holding off on getting him, waiting for retail to no avail. Then a friend of mine went on a cross country trip and he checked 20+ WMs and could not find him, so I thought I best oreder him from somewhere. Please don't let this be the case with Snowtrooper too. He is the only other figure I want this year, besides the droid from the Hoth Set.

Figurestasher
06-27-2003, 05:41 AM
Hey Jango fart, I wish I was as cool as you and lived in the real world. It sounds fun to travel through three states to look for stuff and cry about it on the internet. And for your info i'll post whatever I feel like whenever I feel like it. If you gotta problem with it then tough. If You dont wanna read what i say then use the ignore list. Or is that to difficult for you?

People like you make me freakin' laugh.

JangoFart
06-27-2003, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Figurestasher
Hey Jango fart, I wish I was as cool as you and lived in the real world. It sounds fun to travel through three states to look for stuff and cry about it on the internet. And for your info i'll post whatever I feel like whenever I feel like it. If you gotta problem with it then tough. If You dont wanna read what i say then use the ignore list. Or is that to difficult for you?

People like you make me freakin' laugh.

LOLOL!!! Man, there's nothing like having the illiterate thrash about on oneself!

And for the record, it is not "to" difficult to do. Or, "two" difficult. Or, "tuu" difficult. Or, "2" difficult. Or, "too" difficult.

Hehe. Do you go "Duh!" after every other word? Hehe.

Post whatever you want to post. And I'll hand your ***** to you every time. No sweat off of my brow. If you want to shine a giant spotlight on yourself illuminating what kind of goon you are, who am I to stop you?

By all means, continue!

Now, if the personal crap is finished we can cover the issues at hand. All I said in my posts is to question who the heck you are to tell ANYONE other than yourself ANYTHING about their collecting habits. You are the same nobody that I said you were; not some kind of figure cop from whom we have to get permission to buy something. (Well, as far as I know.....)

You collect your way, we'll collect ours. That sinking in yet?

J

Figurestasher
06-27-2003, 01:20 PM
Oh stop crying JF, it is embarassing. Do you go "duh" after every worthless post that you write? Also you're not handing me anything except a bunch of useless threats. I just love how you post "if the personal crap is finished" but continue to call me names like a nobody and a figure cop. This is isn't kindergarten JF. Grow up man... before you get yourself banned from SSG and have nothing to do with your life.

JangoFart
06-27-2003, 01:51 PM
You are my intellectual superior. I cower in deference to Your mental might.

Please give me permission to buy another Star Wars figure from the seller of Your choice. You can even pick the figure and condition.

I await Your word....

J

sith_killer_99
06-27-2003, 03:00 PM
This in-fighting needs to stop now!

I don't care who started it but it stops now! And, I don't want to see this garbage spilling over into other threads, or it will be reported.

JangoFart
06-27-2003, 03:38 PM
Guess you heard THAT!

:)

J

Figurestasher
06-27-2003, 03:49 PM
Actually JF he read it. I dont CARE who reports what...This guy just likes to threaten people and continously call them names. He should be banned. I got banned for 24 hours for using the "s" word and it wasn't even towards anyone. What a joke! This guy threatens and calls me names when I never even did anything towards him personally or anyone, and nothing happens. I'm tired of people like you JF and this site. The Mods here just like to play favorites which is BS.

JangoFart
06-27-2003, 03:50 PM

Figurestasher
06-27-2003, 03:54 PM
:rolleyes:

Deoxyribonucleic
06-27-2003, 05:11 PM
What was this thread about...??? oh yeah, online buying ;) well just to let others know who want to buy them online, IMHO, Kebco is the way to go, whether you join the "one of every figure" club for $5.99 a fig or just want to order from them at $6.49 a fig, it seems to be the cheapest way to order all the new figures and the current ones as well!

However, I MUST agree with Figurestasher in that the ONLY way to get figures at retail at the moment is if you go in the mornings...I was doing that and got everything I needed!! Little bit here, little bit there...I think patience is the name of the game for a while.

Turbowars
06-27-2003, 07:09 PM
LOL you guys are so silly! Anyways, hey Sith-Killer I thought you weren't a mod anymore.

JangoFart
06-27-2003, 08:09 PM
Actually, the best time to hit retailers like Wal-Mart Superstores are in between 12:00 and 3:00 am. That's when the crates typically get wheeled out to their respective zones to be stocked. Or, so is my experience.

Back before the great drought of '03, I used to find tons of cases and I would get the pleasure of tearin' 'em open with my car keys and having the pick of the litter. Those days are gone, I'm afraid; as Wal-Mart appears to be avoiding any and all things Star Wars.

J

Deoxyribonucleic
06-27-2003, 08:24 PM
Actually, the best time to hit retailers like Wal-Mart Superstores are in between 12:00 and 3:00 am.
J

ONLY if they are 24hrs, which the ones around here aren't!! So morning IS the best time to go.

Figurestasher
06-29-2003, 06:26 PM
Yeah if its 24 hour super store then the middle of the night otherwise in the morning at open are the best times to find stuff usually. There are not many 24 hour ones out here either in Southern Cali. Which is the real world by the way as with every other place people live.

Anyways JF I thought you are an online buyer and dont like people who tell people when to go and do their collecting. And I'm not telling anyone how to do anything..just offering some suggestions. I dont care what people spend on what as their money isnt mine. If you like to spend a lot of $ on stuff that should be cheap then check out my ebay auctions.....jk.

BoShek
06-29-2003, 09:44 PM
What a poor thread.

JangoFart
06-30-2003, 01:02 AM
Ugh. Is this baby not put to rest YET??

For the record, until about Oct. or Nov. of last year, I used to love to hunt for figures. I used to love the "thrill" of going to a new retail joint and tearing through the pegs looking for something new. Or, if I were lucky enough, coming across a few cases just waiting for someone to tear 'em open with their car keys and take the juicy ones home. Those days are over.

Those days are over because with a wife and 3.8 kids, there's no time to continually burn on the road looking for something that just isn't there any more. I got burnt out on going all over God's green earth just to look at the same Jango Fett and Mace Windu figures everywhere. On-line, I know what's there and what's not. I don't have to burn countless hours and gallons of gas for the hope of finding something which won't be there. The thrill of the hunt is not thrilling if you're hunting in a desert for a polar bear - good luck finding one.

And, I myself have only seen one Wal-Mart Superstore which was not a 24-hour operation, here in the fake world. That's why I specifically stated "Wal-Mart Superstore", as opposed to Kay-Bee Toys. Stumble into a Kay-Bee at 3:00am and see how well that goes over with the locals :)

And, I wish some bean counter somewhere would tally up an average cost per figure for someone who does as I used to, compared to someone who does as I currently do. I've only gradiated 6th grade, but sumpin' tells me the cost in gas, time, wear and tear on the car, etc., would put that figure above $15 per. But, that's just an uneducated guessimate.

J

Figurestasher
06-30-2003, 02:18 AM
What a poor thread.

Yes, this thread SUCKS.

As for you JF, your situation sounds like it sucks as well, (the driving far distances part). I have never had to do that to find collectibles. I only live a mile from one store and 2 from another, so it seems alright to check them out when I have the time in the morning. Especially since I ride a mountain bike. I will have to admit SW collecting seems and feels a tad bit dull these days whether one collects online or in retail stores. Maybe it is time to quit and start trading porkbelly futures instead. I am done posting on this thread...have fun.

Turbowars
07-05-2003, 04:15 PM
Scored these new figures on new cards from EE at 6 bucks a pop. Each and everyone was MOMC which in a huge plus! With some of extras needed and some traded I think 6 sounds better than 15, but what do I know. Oh and I found the Clone war 3 packs last weekend and saw them again at TRU today. So things are starting to look up.

karinations
07-08-2003, 05:30 PM
Cloud City rules.
I just got a shipment from them the other day and i don't give 2 craps or 1 poo that i spent 3x retail.
They saved me gas and time and aggrovation of walking through another WalMart that is full of wet,sickly air and the stink of unwashed peoples, looking in vain for this Snuffleupagus figure wave.
The madness stops now,im done figure hunting.
It's re-god-da**-diculas and futile.
Viva La Cloud City.

-V-

Federation is also excellent.

http://www.karinations.com

Jaff
07-08-2003, 06:01 PM
It's too bad folks need to bicker over who buys what where. I thought this post was to simply inform all of those interested where they can go to buy what they want if that is their desire. Haven't seen anything up here in NY but the Clone three packs.

wintirfyre
08-09-2003, 01:17 AM
Finding new figures has become as epic of a task as destroying the one ring here in GA. You're lucky if you find a new figure at the Targets since they seem to be swearig off new Star Wars toys. The closest TRU seems to believe in stocking OLD AOTC figures, and don't even start with me on Wal-Mart. I've had more luck having my wife out in the middle-of-no-where Missouri at a Wal-mart (GASP), that says she found pegs and pegs of new figures like Boba-Carkoon Pit, Darth Vader-Throne Room Battle, Snow Trooper, Luke-Throne Room, as well as that VHTF Death Star Trash compactor 2 box set. I tell you that's where all the new stock is, in the middle of BFE US heartland where the population couldn't care a flip about new Star Wars figures. It's enough to drive one to drink. :crazed: