PDA

View Full Version : Are your new Saga cases damaged ??

Hellboy
06-19-2003, 07:44 PM
O.K. I know most of you open your figures but I happen to be one of those collecters that by 2 of each figure, 1 MOMC and 1 to open. My question to all of you is have you seen any figures from the current waves (when I say new I mean from first Ashla/Jempa case on) without bubble damage?

I've been finding cases of new stuff for about 2 weeks at my local Targets and with every case its the same story. The cards are perfect but the bubble's are creased at the tops and bottoms or just completely smashed altogether. If the cases were damaged when shipped you would think more than just the bubbles would be smashed or the cardboard box would show some damage but that is not the case. Normally I wouldn't worry about this but every new case I've seen (around 15-20 of them) have been this way. :mad:

What have you found and have you encountered this problem as well? :confused:

Turbowars
06-19-2003, 08:08 PM
Yes, a few of us have run into this problem. Like you, I'm a C9.5+ carded collector and hate anything under. Anyways here's the scoop! From Hasbro, There was a mistake on about half the barcodes on the figures in wave 12, so they reopened all of wave 12 and put new bar codes on the bottom of the cards. While the factory did this, most if not all bubbles and cards were creased or smashed due to the double handling. I went through many cases just to get one mint set. Still need a mint Battle droid.

Hellboy
06-19-2003, 08:41 PM
Thanks for the info. turbowars. :)

I was wondering about that bar code sticker over the bubble. :confused: That does make sense but whoever repacked these should be fired because some of them literally look like someone placed the figure's bubble face down, stepped on it, then repacked it. :frus:

DarthChuckMc
06-19-2003, 09:53 PM
I ordered a case from NewForce. The outer case was minty fresh, but every figure was heavily damaged on the bubble and cardbacks. I've found them twice this week at Target, and everyone of them looked like the ones I ordered. I don't think it's a shady scalper or salesperson, I think these are trashed before they were even packed in the boxes. Maybe Godzirra stomped through the Hasbro factory crushing all the huge bins filled with Saga figures

;)

Turbowars
06-19-2003, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by DarthChuckMc
I don't think it's a shady scalper or salesperson, I think these are trashed before they were even packed in the boxes.
You got it Chuck! The under paid Factory works mishandled the cards when they opened the boxes and repacked them.

Val Da Car
06-24-2003, 11:11 PM
Ken from KebcoToys.com (a proud sponsor) on another site[r2'snews]:
Stated the following.....

Quote:
This is the wave that was sent back by Hasbro to change the UPC code. The bubble was not opened, just a label placed over the incorrect code. But you are correct in saying the double handling caused some of the damage. Also when the cases were opened, the razor blade was set too deep and maybe 50% of the figures inside the case were cut. Some have as much as a 1/2 inch cut on the side of the figure. To make matters worse, this wave was allocated by Hasbro. The first wave of the year to be allocated. We received 55% of what we ordered. And what we did receive, maybe 60% of that was damaged. So this wave has been bad for all of us. The good news is the same figures are in the next wave. It is running as much as 1 1/2 months behind schedule, but we will get them, some day. But if Hasbro allocates any of the next wave - then there will be massive shortages of figures. We have about 1000 cases of the next wave on order and we need every one to fill our orders. Lets keep our fingers crossed and hope Hasbro pulls thru for us.

Just thought you may like to hear from a Hasbro dealer about why the cases were damaged. Target did not do this.

End Quote

Mandalorian Candidat
06-25-2003, 12:17 PM
I haven't seen any damaged bubbles, even on my restickered Tyranus, but I have seen entire cases of figures with the cards bent backwards on both sides of the bubble at Target.

At this point I'd be glad just to find a crushed HTF figure as long as the figure is OK.

Turbowars
06-25-2003, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Val Da Car
Ken from KebcoToys.com (a proud sponsor) on another site[r2'snews]:
Stated the following.....

Quote:
This is the wave that was sent back by Hasbro to change the UPC code. The bubble was not opened, just a label placed over the incorrect code. But you are correct in saying the double handling caused some of the damage. Also when the cases were opened, the razor blade was set too deep and maybe 50% of the figures inside the case were cut. Some have as much as a 1/2 inch cut on the side of the figure. To make matters worse, this wave was allocated by Hasbro. The first wave of the year to be allocated. We received 55% of what we ordered. And what we did receive, maybe 60% of that was damaged. So this wave has been bad for all of us. The good news is the same figures are in the next wave. It is running as much as 1 1/2 months behind schedule, but we will get them, some day. But if Hasbro allocates any of the next wave - then there will be massive shortages of figures. We have about 1000 cases of the next wave on order and we need every one to fill our orders. Lets keep our fingers crossed and hope Hasbro pulls thru for us.

Just thought you may like to hear from a Hasbro dealer about why the cases were damaged. Target did not do this.

End Quote Ummm thats funny,that's the same thing I posted.

Val Da Car
06-25-2003, 07:23 PM
I missed your posting...(that is my fault for trying to multitask) but Ken had mentioned this when I had spoke with him recently about my order.

I wanted to mention that even distributors of hasblow are even gettting shafted by them

Turbowars
06-25-2003, 07:42 PM
Hey I'm just giving you some crap, I'm happy to hear that other people are getting the same info. :p

Val Da Car
06-25-2003, 08:15 PM
TB,

I know you .......and at NO point I was amused....I mean offended......

;-}

Turbowars
06-25-2003, 08:22 PM
You mean to tell me you don't find me amusing? I not funny like a clown? Damn! On a happier note, I have not heard anyone say the cards were cut. That's just F'ed uped!

plasticfetish
06-26-2003, 12:08 AM
You know turbowars ... you really are a funny guy ...

Out of all the newer stuff that I've seen (this was a while ago) just about all were pretty banged up. I think I managed to find 3 or 4 cards that weren't, but passed on a few things because they were too dinged up.

I'm wondering if a lot of places might have turned around and sent cases with "cut" merchandise back to Hasbro.

RooJay
06-26-2003, 02:57 PM
I have recently been able to find and acquire Acklay Battle Obi-Wan, Barriss Offee, Aayla Secura, Yoda and Chian, Geonosian Escape Tyrannus, Droid Factory Chase Padme, and the Jedi Analysis Droids. All of them were in durn near perfect packaging. That is, at least until I bought 'em and tore them suckers loose!