PDA

View Full Version : OK, whats going on here? The new Saga Gold cards are being found in stores?

Turbowars
06-19-2003, 08:36 PM
and waves #13 and 14 are nowhere to be found. I have a theory here. Retail wants a fresh look and only ordered the Saga Gold cards. What do you SW geeks think?

DarthChuckMc
06-19-2003, 08:46 PM
Good theory. I think they just waited so long to place their orders, that SAGA Gold was the newest assortment that Hasbro had available for them to order. I *think* most retailers begin their new fiscal year in March/April. All of the 2003 Saga up to the Han/Chewie and Yoda/Ashla waves were probably available for them to order before X-mas, and those shipments are just clearing the warehouses, plus the whole Dockworkers strike they had back in December probably slowed shipment of them to retailers distribution centers.

Turbowars
06-19-2003, 08:54 PM
I kind of had that thought to, but in the means of retail not wanting any SW stock, since they got shafted with EP2 and them thinking that the old blue cards are so yesterday. Doesn't "SAGA-GOLD" sound so 70's, lol.

Gonk 1979
06-19-2003, 09:09 PM
dude, you have to remember that retailers, especially stockers, don't know crap about "gold" cards or whats new or not. When I ask stockers about SW toys they usually don't even know what the hell I'm talking about. I think the Clone Wars will be just as sparse as the ones out now.

Kidhuman
06-19-2003, 09:11 PM
Well I hope I can find some around here soon. This drought has been horrible. Gold, Blue, Yellow, Purple I don't care what the card is I just want new figures.

Turbowars
06-19-2003, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Gonk 1979
dude, you have to remember that retailers, especially stockers, don't know crap about "gold" cards or whats new or not. When I ask stockers about SW toys they usually don't even know what the hell I'm talking about. I think the Clone Wars will be just as sparse as the ones out now. Dude, what are you talking about. I know most stockers don't know crap. I'm talking about a wave of figures that shouldn't be out yet and waves that should be out. So you are saying that waves 13, 14 and 15 are in the back, but they only just stocked wave 15. I don't think so.

El Chuxter
06-20-2003, 02:54 PM
Wave 13 is Han, Chewie, and Boba, and Wave 14 is Yoda and Chian, right? They're out there. I've found all those figures at retail, so I'd imagine they're just waiting for the gazillion Luminaras and Teemtos to clear some room for them. :D

Jedi Leanne
06-20-2003, 06:10 PM
I found Yoda and Chian today, they're so cute. lol. I didn't get the other younglings, I don't buy everything, just a couple of things. I guess figures are actually showing up in 2003.

Banthaholic
06-20-2003, 08:18 PM
... for a second I thought Amy was back... I gotta stop reading after I just wake up.

I finally found droid factory Padme & blond Imperial officer two days ago bringing my total of figures found in '03 to 5!

I don't care if I find gold, blue, or any figure as long as it's new.

jonthejedi
06-21-2003, 07:35 AM
I'm up to Hoth Han & Mynock Chewie...and that's only because my collector friend & I check every day for the 1(yes, 1) case that WalMart & Target seems to get sporadically. Toy R Us has a wall o' Lott Dodd & Young Boba Fett.

jonthejedi
06-21-2003, 07:46 AM
Where are these "saga gold" figures being found...the West Coast...they always hit there first off the docks!

DarthChuckMc
06-21-2003, 08:30 AM
I just read a report over at RS forums that a guy in South Carolina found them this morning. They're only 4 hours away from me now.

dark_one
06-21-2003, 09:48 AM
Ive got aayla, barris, darth tyraus, obi, and r2 this week. I saw yada and the younglings, library droids, and padame droid factory but they were all creased and bubbles smashed.

Money haas been a little tight lately so I couldnt bring myself to buy the damaged ones to open, I need to buy my nice keepers first.

jjreason
06-21-2003, 03:14 PM
Are the "gold" cards the Clone Wars stuff? What the heck are we talking about here?

Teeska Mon Eebon
06-21-2003, 04:37 PM
The Gold cards (If I remember right) Are the reapacks of Vader, Maul, 3PO, Lea, Han. and maybe someone else but anyways... thar ya go

Turbowars
06-21-2003, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by jjreason
Are the "gold" cards the Clone Wars stuff? What the heck are we talking about here? No there are not the Clone Works stuff. They are the new Saga cards that have a GOLD stripe along the left side of the card with the name of the film in which the charactor is from. The card is also a darker blue than the old Saga cards. As Eebon said, the rehashes are on these cards, but there are also new figure such as the Jedi Luke, Snowtrooper, Vader.

Turbowars
06-21-2003, 07:23 PM
Here's a break down on waves to clear things up.
WAVE 10 Col #1
2 Hoth Han
2 Hoth Chewy
1 Destroyer Droid
2 Fett
2 R2's
1 Annie
1 Obi
1 Mace
WAVE 11 Col #1
1 Jango
1 C-3PO
2 Jedi Luke
2 Vader's
2 Snowtroopers
1 Hoth Han
1 Chewy
1 Fett
1 R2
WAVE 12 Col #1 Clone Wars
4 ARC Troopers
4 Anakins
4 Yoda's
WAVE 12 Col #2
2 Yoda and kid
1 Ashla & Jempa
1 Lama Su
2 Offee
2 Aayla
1 Padme
1 Droid 2 pack
1 officer
1 Red Battle droid
WAVE 13 Col #2
1 Wedding Padme
1 Wat
1 Trebor
1 Maul
1 Leia
1 Han
1 Yoda
1 Ashla & Jempa
1 Lama Su
1 Offee
1 Aayla
1 Red Battle droid
WAVE 14 Col #2
2 Waitress Droids
2 Faytonni
2 Sidious
1 Luke (Tat)
1 Vader (MOTDS)
1 Droid 2 pack
1 Tambor
1 Trebor
1 Ashla & Jempa

jjreason
06-21-2003, 10:34 PM
Interesting. I've only gotten a few 2003 figures, none of mine have this (though none of mine were listed in the post indicating which ones WOULD have it, either). Will the newer Flying R2's be presented in this format? Good thing for me Im an opener....

I don't think I'll be getting the Han wave for a month or so just yet (I order from Kebco, they've said it'll be a little bit of a wait - no bid deal), but I have seen numerous posts indicating this wave has made retail.

Anakin2121
06-21-2003, 10:42 PM
Turbowars,

Is the Destroyer Droid a 2003 figure? I've actually seen that one in the four states I've hunted, usually along with Teemtos, Wattos, and Pilot Jangos....but no 4-inchers newer than that.

Oddly enough, though, I HAVE found the Yoda lightsaber and the 12" Boushh Leia, both of which I know to be 2003 items.
Either, the stores are stocking all the new stuff EXCEPT the basic figures, or the basic figures are all there but they fly off the shelves and all that's left is the typical year-old crap by the time I get there. :(

jjreason
06-22-2003, 01:38 AM
Could be, there was another thread in here a couple of weeks ago where a forumite looked and looked and looked, and the only way he ever found out his store had gotten any 2003 figures was when he found an empty Tyranus Geo Conflict package and no new figures! Apparently some Wally's and Targets are getting them in 1-2 case alotments but that's about it.

Hellboy
06-22-2003, 03:23 AM
Originally posted by Anakin2121

Is the Destroyer Droid a 2003 figure?

It was one of the last of 2002. If you look at the name tag in the blister you will notice the red background like the rest of the 2002 figures. The 2003 figures have orange backgrounds behind the names. Or just read the back for the figure # 02/48 :)

Turbowars
06-22-2003, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by jjreason
Interesting. I've only gotten a few 2003 figures, none of mine have this (though none of mine were listed in the post indicating which ones WOULD have it, either). Will the newer Flying R2's be presented in this format? Good thing for me Im an opener....

All new figures from the new Jedi Luke will have the God Stripe. The Flying R2 is an older figure and comes on the some old Blue card.

Turbowars
06-22-2003, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by Anakin2121
Turbowars,

Is the Destroyer Droid a 2003 figure? I've actually seen that one in the four states I've hunted, usually along with Teemtos, Wattos, and Pilot Jangos....but no 4-inchers newer than that.

Oddly enough, though, I HAVE found the Yoda lightsaber and the 12" Boushh Leia, both of which I know to be 2003 items.
Either, the stores are stocking all the new stuff EXCEPT the basic figures, or the basic figures are all there but they fly off the shelves and all that's left is the typical year-old crap by the time I get there. :( As Hellboy said the D Droid is a 02 figure that was just thrown in the cases. I guess Hasbro thought we needed more. It's on the 02 card back, Hasbros to cheap to change the printing. As for finding the 12" leia, she'a all over the LA area in CA. TRU just has not stocked basic figures.

Anakin2121
06-22-2003, 10:56 AM
And why would TRU stock all the new 2003 products EXCEPT the basic figures? :confused:

Turbowars
06-22-2003, 11:16 AM
Well as we all know TRU and most other retailors got burned with the EP2 figures. The word is they just didn't order 3.75" figures or if they did they were in small amount. The thing is TRU and the others ordered these toys in about a year in advance. So they get an idea how this crap sells, well the crap didn't sell, so why buy more. The whole think sinks, I know.

jjreason
06-23-2003, 12:43 AM
What stinks is the lack of understanding these big store big wigs have of how toy lines work. Why why why would you ever order soooooooooo much of the first wave knowing full well - at least you'd hope they'd know after dealing with new Star Wars toys for the past 8 years - that newer figures would be coming quickly on the heels of the first batches? How shortsighted....

TRU BIGWIG #1: "I know, let's grab all the money we can in April of 2002, just so we can sell NOTHING for the next year and a half.

BIGWIG #2: "That'll work, and that way we only have to make one big order! Less paperwork rules!!! Now pass me another drink........"