PDA

View Full Version : Yoda in Ep3?

Pendo
06-20-2003, 11:03 AM
Is this image of Yoda on the main page of StarWars.com from Episode III? Looks like he'll have a blue lightsaber and...

...IS ON DAGOBAH!!!!!

:D

PENDO!

plo koon 200
06-20-2003, 11:54 AM
Interesting. In a way that would be cool.

Darkross
06-20-2003, 11:58 AM
Not necessarily! Just because the concept art appears as if it could be on Dagobah and that his lightsaber will be blue...doesn't make it so. Remember...Luke's ROTJ lightsaber was originally blue...but was changed in post-production since it was better suited against the sandy dunes of Tatooine. The same could hold true with Yoda's saber. I also seem to recall that there were some ROTJ posters with Luke's saber as blue instead of green. We can pretty much count on seeing Dagobah in Episode III though...how else will Yoda get there without leaving a ship behind?

jad
06-20-2003, 12:57 PM
Thats exactly what I wondered Pendo. Whether it's production art from episode III or not it is certainly a lovely piece of artwork. I'd love to get the original full painting so I could use it as my windows background.

The art style looks different from any of the artists that worked on episode I or II, but I know there are quite a few new artists working on it this time, and Doug Chaing is no longer the head of the art department I believe. It is a very interesting piece though, hopefully the Official site will continue to spark our interests by shuffling the design graphics a bit, on a regular basis.

It also brings up another interesting question, the previous image they used of Darth Vader is not familiar to me. The art style looks similar to some of the digital paintings done for episode II, like the ones they did for the clone wars battle. Has anyone else seen that image of vader before, is it possible that it is production art for Episode III?

plo koon 200
07-04-2003, 12:27 AM
It now appears that Yoda will be on Dagobah for quite some time. Whether or not he whips out his lightsaber on Dagobah is a whole other story.

Darth Spectre
07-15-2003, 11:18 AM
I would say it is conception art not necessarily reflecting anything we will see in Ep III. As far as Yoda getting to Dagobah without a ship, it is possible he escapes with Obi-Wan and Obi-Wan takes him there & then heads to Tatooine. Also, if Yoda does use a ship himself to get there, possibly Obi-Wan takes THAT ship to deliver Luke and sinks his own star fighter in the bog like Luke almost did.