PDA

View Full Version : Saga A-wing

mtriv73
06-20-2003, 03:25 PM
I just pre-ordered the Saga A-wing from action-hq.com. They claim it will be in stock next monday or tuesday (06/23-06/24). Even if it takes till the official release date in the fall it still beats running back and forth to Target and being disappointed when they don't have anything.

Dr Zoltar
06-20-2003, 05:10 PM
I don't know about pre-ordering this. I have a feeling that Target learned from the Skiff and Y-Wing. I think these things will be plentiful in the next few months.

But I pre-ordered the Tie-Fighter from KB so what do I know…

Hellboy
06-20-2003, 08:58 PM
I never pre-order vehicles. There hasn't been a vehicle released that I haven't been able to find at retail somewhere and most end up being put on clearance just like th B-wing was after a while.

mm74md
06-23-2003, 10:22 AM
I just don't get how these online places get store exclusives BEFORE the stores get them. I really want this ship, but I just can't justify paying $10 more than retail right now. And they do claim it's in stock now

http://www.action-hq.com/cgi-bin/action-hq/oth000291.html?id=uUPLsD62

mtriv73
06-23-2003, 01:19 PM
I just got an E-mail saying that the a-wing has shipped. As little luck as I have finding anything at Target, I'm happy to pay an extra $10 just so I don't have to drive across town 30 times to look for it. In fact, I would rather give my money to anyone but Target since they have been so inattentive to Star Wars collectors in the past.

Dark Marble
06-23-2003, 04:18 PM
I am going to hold out on this one until I find it in stores. It's not that I don't like shopping on line or anything, but I have a couple of A-wings from POTF2 so there is no need to go crazy over the new one. Hopefully they won't be to hard to find, and Target seems to up their stock around August and September in anticipation of Christmas.

Jargo
06-23-2003, 07:33 PM
I've got mine on pre-order, has been since last year. God alone knows when the UK online stores will have the thing but at least I'm not going to be paying over odds. I can just sit back and wait for it to land. Already put the money in the bank for it. Nothing to worry about. No desperation to have it now. I've outgrown the impulse to rush out and buy everything as soon as it's released or have early release stuff. The longer i wait the more chance i have to sit back and ponder whether or not it would be a wise purchase. And to examine the pictures of those who got early release items. Quality not quantity is what I want. No sense pating out needlessly for stuff that's crap.