PDA

View Full Version : Unleashed Luke Review!

CGSPAWN
06-21-2003, 01:49 PM
Hey everyone.

Just got my new Unleashed Luke in the mail today! I thoght it went out UPS Ground as opposed to USPS Priority, so imagine my suprise when I went out to grab the mail and found a big box on the doorstep. Sometimes the most fun part of getting toys is waiting for them and hyping yourself for them. Not this time, I wanted this NOW! Fortunatly for me, and for whoever is planning on getting him, Luke lives up to the hype.

One of the reasons I love Unleashed (besides the fact that I can't keep up w/ the regular figures) is the awesome detail. For years and years, I have collected McFarlane, and I have become somewhat spoiled by McFarlane's amazing detail put into figures. For a while, I wished McFarlane would have been able to make Star Wars figures. Of course, I knew it would NEVER happen. But now, w/ the Unleashed line, I am becoming content with Hasbro producing Star Wars. I always wanted more "bang for my buck". I have collected Star Wars figures since the first re-released line, and I was never as excited about them as I was about other figures. They were simply too small for my taste, and they didn't have the detail I wanted for the price I had to pay. It's funny though...I didn't originally LIKE the Unleashed line when I first saw it. Now I can't get enough of it. It's how I wanted Star Wars figures to be made. To make a long story short, I have been waiting for something like Unleashed for a very long time.

To be honest, I am suprised that Luke was not one of the first two or three figures Hasbro put out under this new concept. Better late then never, I guess.

Blah Blah Blah, Yadda Yadda Yadda...just GET TO THE REVIEW! :rolleyes:

I mentioned that Luke here lives up to the hype. Err...MY hype, I guess. I wanted perfect representations of the core characters, and Hasbro has given us just that in Luke. I didn't really like the look of Luke when I first saw PICS, but, obviously, he grew on me enough to buy him. I am glad I did.

Simply put, Luke looks amazing. Everything the Unleashed line stands for is displayed in this figure. We have:

1. A great action pose.

Maybe I am picky, but I don't like some of the poses for the Unleashed line. Padme is bland, and Slave Leia is boring to me. I want ACTION. Luke, in my opinion, has the most exciting pose of the line so far. I love the intensity of the pose. If this isn't Unleashed, I don't know what is. The pose really matches the character as well. Luke looks pretty mad, which fits the final battle scene very well.

2. Good Likeness

It does not look like a mirrior image of Mark, but I am perfectly happy with it the way it is. It looks enough like Mark to please me, but it also has some good artist interpretation to it.

3. Nice detail

No big suprise here. Luke is packed with as much detail as you can get from a robe. The folds and wrinkles add so much to this figure. The detail is superb.

Cons?

Only one minor complaint. My saber is bent up pretty bad, and I can't seem to fix it back straight. It's not noticible, but it's a peev of mine. I will get over it.

Overall, I think this is one of the best things Hasbro has put out. It has everything I look for in a figure. Who need's articulation when you can get an awesome sculpt like this. Kudos to Hasbro for making my 12 bucks well spent.

Overall Grade: 10/10

BRH0224
06-23-2003, 01:24 AM
Good review, but your pic links don't seem to be working...:D

-Bryan(316)

jedibear
06-23-2003, 02:25 AM
It's a pleasure to read someone else enjoying the "Unleashed" line. It's been a guilty pleasure of mine since it hit.

I like this redition of Luke too....I'm still not quite sold on the lime-jello lightsaber swoop, but the dynamic pose is real good at capturing Luke in that moment of angry temptation.

Now I gotta disagree with you about the Leia...I think this figure is excellent! While the va-va-va-voom factor didn't look right with the TombRaider Padme, it fits the Leia figure perfectly. Even my partner who could take-or-leave SW is impressed with the Leia.

My absolute favorite unleashed figure so far is the Obi-Wan Kenobi. Although it's featuring a moment absent from the final film (Kenobi swinging his saber at the massifs on the Geonosian rockface) I love the perfect balance of action and calm this figure exudes. The windswept robes are perfect & the face is pure Ewan.

Now if only they would come out with a Qui-Gon Jinn that's as cool as this Obi-Wan...I'd be downright force-happy!