PDA

View Full Version : Who likes listening to RICHARD MARX?

Tycho
06-21-2003, 08:03 PM
I have 2 of his CD's, the first one with "Should've Known Better" and "It Don't Mean Nothing" and Repeat Offender with "Too Late to Say Goodbye," and "Right Here Waiting."

Good songs include:

Angelina
Heart on the Line
I Remember Those Summer Nights
Have Mercy

and so on.

Anybody like or tolerate Richard Marx's music?

What do you think?

derek
06-21-2003, 08:33 PM
i've got a few of his tapes, yes i said cassette tapes.....and am not ashamed to admit he has had some quality songs........now all you too cool for school folks can chime in!:D

2-1B
06-21-2003, 10:13 PM
"I sweaaaaaaaar I left her by the river, I sweaaaaaaar I left her safe and sounnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd!" :rolleyes:

Tycho
06-21-2003, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by Caesar
"I sweaaaaaaaar I left her by the river, I sweaaaaaaar I left her safe and sounnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd!" :rolleyes:

I didn't get it. Could you explain, Caesar?

DarthChuckMc
06-21-2003, 11:46 PM
Tycho..that's from Hazard....it's a great song, not sure which album it's on.

bobafrett
06-22-2003, 12:31 AM
Yes, I remember those lyrics. I own one or two of Richard Marx's CD's. I haven't listened to them in quite some time.

2-1B
06-22-2003, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by DarthChuckMc
Tycho..that's from Hazard....it's a great song, not sure which album it's on.

:D :D :D

Do you remember the video? :D

I do believe the song is found on his "Rush Street" record . . . here's a pic Tycho, it might look familiar. Maybe it could be a cool avatar? :crazed:

And let us not forget the powerful song "Now and Forever" ! :crazed:

Tonysmo
06-22-2003, 01:09 AM
I met him..

yup..

working as a busyboy back in oooo Id say 1987 I think.. I worked in a resturaunt located a few buildings away from the then Q106.. I was pretty ****y that day as I had planned on going to Six Flags that night to see Richard Marx and Henry Lee Summer.. but my Boss said "Hey, can you work tonight?" grrr.. Double shifts suck. Regardless, I was on my break when one of the cooks came out and said, "Hey. Richard Marx is next door, and he is hungry.." So I asked if I could walk a pizza over to him and my Boss agreed. ( least he could do since I was gonna miss that concert.. ) So we quickly cooked a pie, and myself, my boss and a waiter with a polaroid camera all went down to see him - walking out to get into the van to head to Six Flags.. He was totally shocked to see us standing there with a pizza for him. He was really nice, and I'd have to say he was short, about 5'6 maybe.. Im 5'7 and he was only taller than me because his boots and 80s poofy hair.. I have the picture of he and I standing there, me holding the pie.. he autographed a napkin for me..

and the whole time I kept thinking.. ok, much better than a concert, but Id still like to see Henry Lee Summer... ( which I did end up doing the next summer..

DONT MEAN NOTHING! I enjoy some of those hits..

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
06-22-2003, 09:54 PM
I like two of his songs, "Hold On To The Night" and "Wait Here Waiting For You." He also did an OK cover of a Billy Joel song "Miami 2017 (Seen The Lights Go Out On Broadway). Lately, he has been writing songs for 'NYSNC now, including a number of their hits. Must collect a big paycheck for that.

While I am not a huge fan, but I like Richard Marx and performers from his day or before. I get made fun of all the time because my taste in music is a decade or two (or three). A lot of my favortie performers aren't even included on most progressive radio stations. They include Carole King, Phil Collins, Marvin Gaye, Chicago, Steve Winwood, Don Henley, Bread, Bruce Hornsby, a lot of Motown acts, Johnny Rivers, among others. I often tell people I was born a decade too late.

bobafrett
06-23-2003, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by Tonysmo
I have the picture of he and I standing there, me holding the pie.. he autographed a napkin for me..

Well...................care to share that picture? I have a picture of me with Dennis DeYoung of Styx, posted in another thread.

I like pictures...................................well?

Tonysmo
06-23-2003, 12:49 AM
Ill have to dig it up.. Its around somewhere..

and um... ( sshhhhhhh.. ) Im at work at the moment.... :)

Bel-Cam Jos
06-23-2003, 09:53 AM
"Who liked listening to RICHARD MARX?"
That would have been me. I don't dislike him now, but his style was cool. Our junior prom theme was one of his songs, perhaps "Right Here Waiting" or "Hold On to the Night." Or was it "Rye Tear Weigh Ting" or "Whole Don, Too - The Knight"? "Write, Hear, Weighting" or "Hole Dawn, Tuna Night"?

I forget. :p

sign it
. . . . . . . . .

El Chuxter
06-24-2003, 12:23 PM
Sigh. As if we needed another concrete reason not to sniff mouse! :p

:crazed::Pirate:

scruffziller
06-24-2003, 12:54 PM
I thought he fell off the face of the Earth after he released that one album back in the late 80s.

Tonysmo
01-02-2005, 04:40 AM
**Richard Marx thread**

yes.. my master..

**Rise**

hee hee couldnt resist. I found that old photo. and to think. Im dead sexy.. :crazed: :crazed:

wtf was that on his head anyway?

enjoy.

Tycho
01-02-2005, 12:13 PM
LOL. I think that it's nice he cares so much for his pet raccoon that he takes it with him everywhere.

It's so well behaved, the way it's staying in place and not running off, too.

Turbowars
01-02-2005, 12:52 PM
This belongs in the guilty pleasure thread.;)

The 'Xir
01-03-2005, 01:40 AM
How'd this thread get revived, and we are all talking about Richard Marx here right? Richard Marx? :ermm: Oh-boy! But then again I consider myself a Poison fan, so I guess I shouldn't say too much! lol

By the way Tony, looking at that pic, weren't you in a band too? Yeah Flock of Seagulls right?!!! ;) Just kidding buddy!!! :p :D

Tycho
03-23-2007, 09:01 PM
Talk about Thread Resurrection! Check out the picture of Tonysmo and Richard Marx. I just laughed out loud and still am, I can barely type!

Oh that hair! And Tonysmo almost looks like he's in a Chip N Dale's outfit standing next to him. Too funny!

Tonysmo
03-25-2007, 11:20 PM
buhahahaha

I remember that day clearly.. and It was exactly 15 years ago. The chip’n dale outfit, I sported well I thought. I was THE busboy for an Italian restaurant called Bartalino’s. Located on the famous “Hill”… I was 15. and that day.. was a Friday.

Seriously..

but alas I already posted that whole day on page 1.. *sigh* memories :)

El Chuxter
01-18-2008, 12:38 PM
I think we should all use the pic of 'Smo with Richard Marx as avatars. After the 90s rap trend dies out, of course.

Tonysmo
01-20-2008, 01:26 AM
I think we should all use the pic of 'Smo with Richard Marx as avatars. After the 90s rap trend dies out, of course.

I think thats the best idea evar! make sure you send me the 'tar as well :)

El Chuxter
04-30-2009, 09:22 AM
<bump>

I found a copy of Back to Avalon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Days_in_Avalon) for $0.49 yesterday at a 99c Only store. It was worth half a buck.

</bump>

El Chuxter
06-25-2010, 12:01 PM
Was going to get Richard Marx and Repeat Offender from an "I don't want 'em anymore" pile of CDs a friend had. The case for the self-titled one was empty.

Man, you forget how many hits this dude had. And they're not exactly bad music, either.

JimJamBonds
06-25-2010, 01:03 PM
Oddly enough Richard Marx came up last week and 2-1B's wedding.

Bel-Cam Jos
06-25-2010, 01:39 PM
The tags on this thread... nostalgically serene...