PDA

View Full Version : I'm impressed with...

Stemp Fester
06-23-2003, 09:49 AM
...the Super Battle Droid builder.

Didn't open it for a week or so after I got it, thought it looked a bit cheesy and wouldn't work.

But I gave in to temptation and opened it - and it's actually quite good. The SB Droid itself has great articulation, shame the saga SBD didn't have the ankle joints.

And to my amazement it actually works quite well. Once you get the amount of play-doh to use right and stamp the droid a few times the finished product is pretty good. Certainly from a distance it looks just like any other figure - they did a good job getting the colour of the play-doh correct - it's spot on (even has shiny metallic bits in it...) The play-doh does crack a bit as it dries, but I just think of it as battle damage:)

Would have been better if it had two SBD "skeletons" but I guess that would have been another $15 to the price (in Oz anyway). However, the stamping thing makes a nice display piece to create a scene with so I guess that makes up for it...

It's enough to *almost* forgive Hasbro for that POS Spider Droid...

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-23-2003, 11:46 AM
This piece is very nice, I agree. It's cool to have Jedi slicing this droid through the chest. :evil: It does work as it says, unlike some other items these days. If you see this, you should get it. :)

Dark Marble
06-23-2003, 03:21 PM
I have passed on this set several times. Maybe the next time I see it, I will pick it up. I haven't heard anything but good reviews about it so far. :)

Turbowars
06-23-2003, 09:41 PM
Not to put anyone down, but you guys have to be kidding. I saw that hunk of crap at Target and thought it was a Payskool toy. The deluxe line is horrid. I wish it would get back to the POTJ days, now those were deluxe sets.

Old Fossil
06-24-2003, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by turbowars
Not to put anyone down, but you guys have to be kidding. I saw that hunk of crap at Target and thought it was a Payskool toy. The deluxe line is horrid. I wish it would get back to the POTJ days, now those were deluxe sets.

TOO TRUE! Leia w/cannon, Amanaman, shirtless Maul, Luke w/bacta tank... THOSE were "Deluxe" figures!!!