PDA

View Full Version : episode 2 figures, sir steve?

derek
08-15-2001, 09:59 PM
all right, the official site has photos of their "spring 2002" figures.
sabe, black travel gown
rebel trooper
snaggletooth
imperial officer
fx-7

if the spring 2002 line is being revealed in the summer/fall of 2001, how long till the episode 2 figure photos? :D

Lobito
09-20-2001, 08:46 PM
Jargo posted in a thread that 6 figures are going to be released by december, which is 2 months 1/2 from today, so i guess those photos should be here in the next two weeks. Maybe sooner???:D

Jargo
09-20-2001, 08:56 PM
To be accurate i posted that Diamond comics are saying that. I don't want to be the one with egg on my face if they don't appear. i got the info from collectstarwars.com and from theforce.net both of whom have pretty good insiders but have been known to jump the gun with inaccurate info from time to time. but as they have been showing up in targets computers I would suspect that the story is true. Six figures is a nice number to round off the year with. Wonder who it will be.

Rollo Tomassi
09-20-2001, 10:37 PM
Shall we speculate?

Will they be major figures? Anakin? Obi Wan?

Or obscure?

Good guys? Bad guys? Jedi? Clonetroopers? People we've already seen like Orn Free Ta? Or brand new baddies like Count Dooku? Will they be characters we know about like Jango? Or people we've never heard of or seen? What do you think? Six is an awful lot of figures....

bigbarada
09-20-2001, 10:42 PM
I'd bet Threepio and Artoo will be two of the six. Probably why they weren't included in the ANH 25th two-packs. Dunno, just a thought.

derek
10-14-2001, 10:32 AM
all righty then, word has it that the trailer will be seen before "monsters, inc." on november 2nd. if memory serves me correctly, you(sir steve) waited until the episode 1 trailer was released to reveal the episode 1 line. is it safe to think we could be seeing previews of the episode 2 line the first week of november, here on sir steve's guide, the best damn star wars site ever!:) do i get points for kissing up?:)

derek
10-14-2001, 05:37 PM
i'm not talking about the supposed "preview" figures, i'm talking about the may whatever, 2001 first wave of episode 2 figures. they exist, sir steve may or may not have photos of them.

i clearly recall in an article in toyfair magazine that sir steve was quoted as saying he had photos of the episode 1 line in 1998, but held on to them until the trailer was premired in november of 1998. his rational was that after lucasfilm officially revealed the film's characters, he believed it was ok to release photos of the products. i agree, and hopefully he still does:), because if the monsters, inc. rumor is true, it's about 2 1/2 weeks away!:)

GNT
10-15-2001, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by derek
is it safe to think we could be seeing previews of the episode 2 line the first week of november, here on sir steve's guide, the best damn star wars site ever!:) do i get points for kissing up?:)

Yo'd probably see the pictures first on the official Star Wars website or on the Hasbro website :) As for kissing up,i've been doing that for a few years and look where I am?

derek
12-14-2001, 02:14 PM
:crazed:

JEDIpartner
12-14-2001, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by derek
if the spring 2002 line is being revealed in the summer/fall of 2001, how long till the episode 2 figure photos? :D

If the current wave of FX-7, Amidala (Travel Gown) and the others is the SPRING LINE... why was it released in December?????

Stupid Hasbro... :frus:

Omega Fett
12-14-2001, 03:50 PM
where the heck are these figure pics,please give links,i cant find them on hasbro or starwars.com

SirSteve
12-27-2001, 11:33 AM
Bottom line is Hasbro will not allow me to post anything E2 related... :(

kit fristo
12-27-2001, 06:48 PM
sir steve.
when is hasbro going to release official pics of arena anakin ect ect??????:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

kit fristo
12-27-2001, 07:03 PM
sir steve willl hasbro relese kaminoian, geoneosin or are a kit fisto??????????

GNT
12-28-2001, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by kit fristo
sir steve willl hasbro relese kaminoian, geoneosin or are a kit fisto??????????

Chances are Hasbro will produce them in time, we know they have been realscanned :)

kit fristo
12-28-2001, 05:57 PM
thanks gnt, but i dony think kit fisto has been realscaned?????

the kit.

Jargo
12-28-2001, 06:15 PM
Kit, Gentle Giant the company whose equipment Hasbro used to realscan stuff have realscanned just about every piece of episode two. From the characters to the ships. They've done the props and the costumes, They probably had a go at doing some of the sets too. You can bet your bottom dollar that Kit Fisto has been scanned.

The Kaminoan and Geonosian are Computer generated characters so in effect they are already kinda scanned. And as for a release date on photos, Hasbro are bound by Lucasfilms strict policy of NO SHOW!. The alleged preview figures are due out april 22 allegedly. And there are allegedly four of them.
But don't take that as gospel because things change fast where Hasbro are concerned and George may change the film at the last minute which could change the release date of the figures. But mostly, the rumours of preview figures are so varied that you never know who to believe.

But if you keep checking various sites on the net you're bound to stumble across more pictures showing up now and again. It's going to happen despite Hasbro and Lucasfilms lawyers threats. You just gotta be watchful and grab them while you can because they won't stay posted anywhere for long. :)

kit fristo
12-28-2001, 06:34 PM
:) Thank yo EMPEROR JANGO fot that info. I feel that hasbeo will produce those figures in collection 2 or 3.

thaanks mate.

the kit.
:)

GNT
12-28-2001, 08:28 PM
Hey EMPEROR JARGO they did realscan the Sets so we might be getting a few sometime next year! :)

kit fristo
12-29-2001, 06:03 PM
hey GNT remember thoses scanes collectstarwars.com. well i saw i lightsaber page and it said availalbe in 4 colours do you know what those colours are????????????

the kit

Beast
12-29-2001, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by kit fristo
hey GNT remember thoses scanes collectstarwars.com. well i saw i lightsaber page and it said availalbe in 4 colours do you know what those colours are????????????

the kit

The four colors are probably the basic jedi colors. Red, Blue, Green. As well as a third color, which is probably purple (Mace's Lightsaber). Hope that helps.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

kit fristo
12-29-2001, 06:34 PM
hey thanks jarkar that did help but arnt we forgeting someone. someone very powerful. someone by the name of YODA. yoda has a gold saber. isnt hasbro going to produce that?????????:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

the kit!!!!

Jargo
12-29-2001, 08:08 PM
If Yoda is seen showing those tiny Padawan Jedi hopefuls how to use a lightsaber (as seen in one of the making of documentary segments) then the fourth colour could well be one of the mini sabers that those kids use. A kiddie saber for little kiddies. Perfect marketing strategy George, well done! :)

derek
12-29-2001, 08:23 PM
last year, hasbro showed a mace windu style saber that was capable of blade changing colors by using a colored slide that probably went over the bulb, thus allowing for a variety of colors.

but the photos of the marketing catalog we saw showed anakin's and dooku's sabers. i wouldn't be suprised if hasbro only released these two and put various colored blades on them.