PDA

View Full Version : The Bosskman Prophesies

Bosskman
06-24-2003, 04:35 PM
I have a bad feeling about this.........

As much as I'm looking forward to the new Jabba that's supposed to be coming next year, I am full of dread that Hasbro will ruin our only chance at the PERFECT ROTJ Jabba. Here's a list of what I pray won't - but probably will - happen with this one:

- Jabba will be made out of some crappy material that will easily deform or disintergrate (like the LOTR Cave Troll, although here in the good ol' Maritimes the fog of the dirty city have thus far prevented mine from suffering such a fate)

- Jabba ill come with too few accessorie. I can see Hasbro expecting us to use the cardboard dias fropm the pop-up palace.

- Jabba will come with crappy accesories. He'll probably end up coming with a similar dias as the pop-up palace, or an all cardboard backdrop or something, unlike the awesome Vintage version. (awesome I mean for the vintage style)

- Jabba will be a horribly wrong color.

- Jabba will have a ridiculous and/or disfiguing action feature. (TPM Jabba, I'm looking in your direction)

- Jabba will come with one of thwe Crumb's we already have intead of a proper seated Crumb.

- Jabba will come either with his bong, or his bowl of froga but not both.

- Jabba won't come with his barbecue.

- Jabba will come with a re-hash leia or bib fortuna that's close but not good enough.

- Jabba will be a limited edition store exclusive

- Jabba will be seated in the opposite direction (facing right not left) (from his point of view I mean)

- Jabba will be WAY too small

- Jabba will be WAY too big

- Jabba will be Jabba from TPM or, horror of horrors, ANH SE, seated like he was in ROTJ but without the cool girt and awesomeness of ROTJ Jabba

- Jabba will have is mouth paermanently open

- Jabba will have disfiguring Jaw opening action

- Jabba will be scene specific (like wide eyed Jabba or in-the-process-of-getting-murdered Jabba()

- Jabba will be from his sail barge so hasbro has an excuse not to give us his dias.

- Jabba will (fill in any other horror here)

Deoxyribonucleic
06-24-2003, 07:09 PM
HILARIOUS!!

thanks for the laugh, that was a great rant!!!

you gotta keep hope though as it seems hasbro has been doing a pretty good job satisfying "the average adult collector" since they finally realized we're the ones buying all their stuff LOL and so perhaps jabba will be ROTJ and be as good as the Imp shuttle or tie bomber or sand crawler, that never came out LOL or blah blah or blah blah.

Kidhuman
06-24-2003, 08:57 PM
They just need to follow your list of what not to make in order to make a perfect Jabba. I want a perfect Jabba. I want his throne, some accessories, and the little dude whose name I can not spell. I want to be able to buy two of them and all the Jabba palace freaks so I could actually set up a display. It would actually be the first one I will ever set up. I really want to do that scene with alot of figures.

Bosskman
06-25-2003, 05:25 AM
I was being serious, I actually have hightmares about this.............

Dark Marble
06-25-2003, 02:51 PM
I agree with you Bosskman, Hasbro could really drop the ball with the piece. There are a lot of things that can go right with a new Jabba and the high level of sculpting we have come to enjoy, but there will no doubt be flaws. Hopefully you can take comfort in the fact that it is very unlikely that all the things you mentioned can go wrong. For some reason I have a very good feeling about this new Jabba the Hut. I don't think it is going to be like anything that has come out before.

However, I can probably count on one hand vehicles and/or play sets that I have bought that I didn't say something like it needs this, or it could have used that, or why not sculpt it like this. I collect Muppets figures for my wife, and I was impressed with the Swedish Chef Kitchen. Lots of accessories gadgets and doodads with flawless sculpts and paint applications. So a decent play set at a fair price can be done, but.......

Well, all I am trying to say is I am with you. The Jabbas we have had up to now have been nothing to write home about, and it is a figure whose definitive incarnation in the toy world is long overdue. And with that anticipation building up, there is no doubt that what every Hasbro puts out will be disappointing in some way or another. Let us pray that the good points will far outnumber the bad. :cool:

Bosskman
06-25-2003, 03:49 PM
Jabvba has been #1 on my want list ever since the new line started in 1995. Screwing up Jabba could be a disaster. I want so much for him to be the Jabba of my dreams, I just can't help at feel that, as much as I hope I won't, I'm gonna be let down. But who knos, stranger things have happened (TIE Bomber, Bantha, Ephant Mon, etc..)

plasticfetish
06-25-2003, 11:33 PM
I simply want to be Jabba.

"Jabba will be made out of some crappy material"
Human flesh?

"Jabba will be a horribly wrong color."
Like what ... red?

"Jabba will have a ridiculous and/or disfiguing action feature."
Action? What action ... like tossing a penny in his mouth when you push a button?

"Jabba will come with one of thwe Crumb's we already have intead of a proper seated Crumb."
I think he should come with a figure of R. Crumb.

"Jabba will be WAY too big"
NO SUCH THING!!!

"Jabba will have disfiguring Jaw opening action"
Or even the ortho headgear that he had to wear when he was a kid.

"Jabba will be scene specific (like wide eyed Jabba or in-the-process-of-getting-murdered Jabba)"
Or Jabba at the craft service table between takes.

"Jabba will (fill in any other horror here)"
... be released just in time for my 73rd birthday.

Bosskman
06-28-2003, 09:09 AM
I wonder when we're gonna see pics of the new Jabba. The new screen scene pics came as a total surprise to me this morning. All this tension is giving me an ulcer. A bleeding ulcer.

Dark Marble
07-01-2003, 10:05 AM
I have just read that possibly what Hasbro plans to do for the new play set is repaint a Jabba Glob, and put in a few repainted figures as pack ins. How disappointing, how utterly completely disappointing. I certainly hope that Hasbro can do a little better than this. I am tired of spending money on "new" figures that I already have. If they aren't going to put anything new or interesting into the set, why bother???

As I have said before, this new set has the potential of being a real winner, or a real bomb. If Hasbro isn't going to take the opportunity to put out something new and well done then I say don't do it. So far I have The original Jabba, the beast pack with Han, and the Jabba Glob. I didn't pick up the set with "Rex and Hex" because it was so awful it hurt the eyes. I have bought every character from Jabba's palace that Hasbro has put out between 1995 and now, and this is how Hasbro is going to "repay" the fans???

I hate to rant on things like this. But sometimes it seems that Hasbro struggles to get beyond mediocrity, and other times they bask in it with the stench of corporate money saving cost cutting glee. We have all been holding out for an accurate Jabba for years. I say get the eggheads cranking on a new sculpt and deliver the definitive version! So at the very least in the future when Hasbro wants to put out another repaint of the slimy gangster, they will have something worth the effort they will be proud to repaint. Nuff said. :mad:

Bosskman
07-01-2003, 03:58 PM
PLEASE NOOOOO! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

DM, where did you hear this horrible news? I hope this is some sick, twisted, sadistic joke. That is the absolute worst thing they could do. I wanna see a pic of Jabba and I want it now! All this waiting is killing me. Good or bad I wanna know. I WANT JABBA.

Dark Marble
07-01-2003, 05:12 PM
Bosskman, you can check out a quick version of this tale in the Q and A section on the Galactic Hunter website. I also hope that this is nothing more then a rumor. But because of the numerous rehashes that Hasbro has been doing lately, I can't simply push it aside. I am now starting to have the feeling that this set will be an exclusive and it will be lame.

Kidhuman
07-01-2003, 05:21 PM
I also hope that this is nothing more then a rumor. But because of the numerous rehashes that Hasbro has been doing lately, I can't simply push it aside. I am now starting to have the feeling that this set will be an exclusive and it will be lame.

It better be a rumor. I wouldnt want to see that mess again. I still have my original Jabba, so that can hold me for a few more years I guess. :frus:

Bosskman
07-01-2003, 05:50 PM
I still have my original Jabba too. And it's awesome. However, as far as I'm concerned, mixing new and vintage lines is a big no-no. ME WANT NEW JABBA!

Kidhuman
07-01-2003, 07:20 PM
Me want new Jabba also, but if it aint good I will use Vintage Jabba

Bosskman
07-18-2003, 03:36 PM
I don't like the looks of that ANHSE Jabba pic on that poster. It isn't very reassuring....

I warned ya! Didn I WARN YA!!!!

plasticfetish
07-18-2003, 04:08 PM
I don't like the looks of that ANHSE Jabba pic on that poster. It isn't very reassuring
Why exactly?

Bosskman
07-19-2003, 07:33 AM
WHY? You're asking me WHY I don't want there to be another ANHSE Jabba made? Plasicfetish, I won't even justify that question with a response. (unless you consider this post a response) Anyways, since Jabba is listed under "Jabba's Palace" it probably will be ROTJ Jabba. I hope and pray it is. My only gripe now is that its also listed under "deluxe". I hope this doesn't mean he's gonna be too small or have no accessories. I just need to see pictures to quell my fears.

Banthaholic
07-19-2003, 10:43 AM
I'm just glad we're getting a new Jabba. We've been all asking for one, and one's on the way.
If we gotta wait a few months till insider 71, so be it. Heck, I though a ROTJ Jabba might have shortly followed the POTF-2 beast packs. So a few more months wouldn't be bad.
Although I hope they do include his stand, alhough as a deluxe figure it might be hard. But here's to hoping, and more waiting...

fishyfett
07-19-2003, 11:38 AM
I would like to see Jabba come w/ all the accessories surrounding him on his dais. No action features required. Maybe a voice chip. That fat bod should be big enough to house an elaborate voice system. Kinda like the Simpson figures. Put Jabba on his dais and push a button and you'll hear his now famous "Bantha foodoo" line. I wouldn't mind paying a Deluxe price for this set. It sure beats all the Commtech Crap figures. May be throw in a reclining statue of Slave Leia and sitting Crumb as a bonus. Come on, this can be done. Lots of figures come with tons of accessories nowadays. And voice chips are now common. Make a Jabba that talks while we're still young!!!

Bosskman
07-19-2003, 02:22 PM
That voice chip idea sounds supersweet. This is easily the most highly anticipated figure of the line for me. ME WANTEE!

Bosskman
08-02-2003, 07:54 AM
When is the new Insider supposed to come out? (the one that's gonna have the new Jabba in it)

I'm severely anticipating these pics. I hope they're gonna be making bigger deluxe figures. This could mean we're getting Jabba's dias. It could also mean that those Wampa "cave" rumors could also be more true that expected. It could also pave the way for future dealuxe figures such as Vader with meditation chamber, Geonosian with cannon, Aurray with Picador, and Nute Gunray with walking throne. AAAAAAAAAAAARRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH1111111