PDA

View Full Version : Hyperspace: Gavin Bocquet Chat Tonight!

Pendo
06-25-2003, 07:24 AM
Tonight is our chance to chat with Production Designer, Gavin Bocquet :D. I hope we get to officially find out what these two "Classic Trilogy" sets are that were being re-built, and what the sets are that are seen on the webcam :).

Continuing our series of chats with those involved in the production of Episode III, Production Designer Gavin Bocquet has freed up some time in his busy schedule. In booking this chat, I had to make sure to let everyone knew where Gavin would be, just in case anyone needed to get a hold of him! Gavin is scheduled to be online on June 25, at 6 p.m. PST (That's June 26, 11 a.m. in his time zone in Sydney).

That's 2 am for me AGAIN :mad:. Is their plan to deprive UK fans of sleep, so that when they finaly got to see Episode III they will fall asleep during it, and will have to go and see it again!

Anyways, not in work tomorrow so I'll be able to catch up then :).

http://forums.starwars.com/thread.jsp?forum=78&thread=125830

PENDO!

Pendo
06-26-2003, 06:57 AM
Some interesting info from the Gavin Bocquet chat:

Is there any chance we'll see the Neimoidians Homeworld of Neimoidia in Episode 3?

No, but we will see more of their hardware and more of their craft.

Will there be Jedi Starfighters in Episode: 3? If so, will they be equipped with weapons? And will they fight in any battles?

We are building a new starfighter for Anakin and Obi-Wan, and a new fighter for the rest of the Jedi. And they will have weapons, and they will fight in big battles.

There are many new worlds in Episode III, but at the moment we're not actually traveling to any new locations to shoot. All the new worlds will be shot on the soundstages or produced in the digital world.

There are a few small pieces that we're re-using from Episodes I and II, like the Senate rotunda central podium, and the Senate pods, but generally only small pieces as it is too expensive to store everything when you don't know what you will need.

Do you think that there will be a particular locale in Ep. III that will leave us talking for weeks.

Yes. And probably more than one. But my lips are sealed!

will we get to see any original triogy planets like bespin or dagobah in episode 3?

Yes. We will see a number of sets and environments from the original trilogy, and from Episodes I and II.

will we get to see any OT starships.

Yes, but again, I can't tell you anymore than that. Otherwise, Rick will get the chainsaw out on me. :)

I've always wanted to see more action on staircases in the Star Wars movies. Will we see any sets that contain staircases, ramps, raised platforms etc ?

Changing levels is one of the key factors that designers can use in designing sets along with overall shape, size, color, texture, etc. etc.

George is sometimes a little reticent to have too many changes of level mainly because Artoo could not originally go up and down stairs. However, in this episode, I'm pleased to say we have many changes of levels and many fights on changes of levels.

And I can confirm that Gavin IS Bike Guy :crazed:!!!

PENDO!

JEDIpartner
06-26-2003, 11:18 AM
Thanks for the highlight recap on the chat. I missed out on that because life was going on and I needed attend to that. :D I'm glad someone out there was paying attention.

Thanks again, buddy!

Battle Droid
06-26-2003, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Is there any chance we'll see the Neimoidians Homeworld of Neimoidia in Episode 3?

No, but we will see more of their hardware and more of their craft.

That was my question. :D

plo koon 200
06-26-2003, 08:41 PM
I was at school again, Pendo. I would much rather be deprieved of sleep than to not participate in the chat.