PDA

View Full Version : Will Obi-Wan have a new Padawan?

Pendo
06-25-2003, 10:23 AM
Is anyone hoping Obi-Wan will have a new Padawan in Episode III? The council could have discovered that Anakin married and kicked him from the order, or he could have been made a knight (although..."When I left you I was but the learner..."). He could also maybe have a new mentor...

...Anyway, I'm hoping Anakin was kicked from the order and Obi-Wan will have a new apprentice (possibly Liam who is very good at closing the shades, but hopefully someone older than that). This way when Obi-Wan is talking about Darth Vader, who was once a pupil of his, the mystery is still sort of kept, and makes him look less of a liar.

Maybe Obi-Wan's new Padawan could also turn evil, and after Anakin has beat the sheet out of Obi-Wan, Palpy sets Anakin and Obi's apprentice up against eachother, and we don't find out who wins the fight, so when Obi-Wan says "He betrayed and murdered your father" the audience would think that Vader's Obi-Wan's new Padawan.

PENDO!

The Overlord Returns
06-25-2003, 11:22 AM
I don't thinka single thing you mentioned up there will happen. We certainly won't see anakin kick the sheet out of Obi Wan....we essentially know it will be the other way around.....

Darkross
06-25-2003, 11:44 AM
Well...

I don't think either one of them (Anakin or Obi-Wan) get a wooping...since Obi-Wan won't out-right attack Anakin...but Anakin will attack Obi-Wan...and Obi-Wan (in defense only) will block Anakin's attacks and then Anakin will get careless and well you know the rest...(IMHO) of course!

keith koth
06-25-2003, 12:13 PM
Based upon the dialogue from the original trilogy, there is room for Obi-Wan to have a new padawan, as we know that at some point Anakin becomes a Jedi Knight; thus, leaving Obi free to train another. Will we see it in EIII? Not likely, as they are going to need every second of film to completely tie the Prequals to the OT. However, I would not mind seeing Obi, and possibly Anakin too, have new padawan learners.

Kidhuman
06-28-2003, 11:50 PM
Well if and when Anakin becomes a Jedi Knight is still up in the air(I could be wrong with time points though) Maybe at some point in EPIII he becomes a Knight and then the end of the Jedi as we know comes to be. So maybe he doesn't quite get to have a padawan until Luke becomes his and then he pawns him off to Yoda after his demise.

Brainiak76
06-29-2003, 03:07 PM
i hope we do see ani "knighted" but how sic would that be if right when anakin becomes a jedi knight in the temple (or whereever) its bombed and all the padawans are killed...